Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

Todd's full interview with Jason Crabb.

People always keep comparing these two and I didn't get it at first, but after this, I totally get where they're coming from. They have extremely similar speaking voices. It's kinda eerie to watch, actually.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd's full interview with Jason Crabb.

People always keep comparing these two and I didn't get it at first, but after this, I totally get where they're coming from. They have extremely similar speaking voices. It's kinda eerie to watch, actually.

Are we positive he's not actually Jason's long-lost brother?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I love how Todd's entire family is coming together to help out with all the preparations for the finale. ❤️

I get the "pandering" talk but there really is something so genuine I find in Todd and his family and faith.  I dont see it as an attempt to grab votes at all.  I hope he has a great night Monday.  He'd be a worthy winner.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

I get the "pandering" talk but there really is something so genuine I find in Todd and his family and faith.  I dont see it as an attempt to grab votes at all.  I hope he has a great night Monday.  He'd be a worthy winner.

Thank you! 

I think TPTB suggested the whole kids thing to Todd because of dedication week and the fact they were at home anyway, and he jumped on the opportunity because he wants to share the spotlight with them. I mean, what father wouldn't?

He has repeatedly said in interviews that his Voice journey has always been a "we" thing and not a "me" thing, and this was the perfect way to communicate that through TV.

If Todd wins, I hope he'll have the foresight to reject the terrible contract they'll be offering to him. Unless he can negotiate some terms. 

• Like 5

April,  the photographer that the Tilghmans hired to document Todd's Voice journey, created a group and is crowdsourcing food and drinks for Todd's finale watch parties with his family on Monday and Tuesday. 

Saying that Mississippi is excited for Todd to bring it home on Monday is an understatement.

Quote from Todd on the FB group:

Good morning everyone! I hope you know how much I appreciate all of you...and how much I LOVE YOU!

I came to help with a bit of confusion.

There are all kinds of people in the world, and that’s what makes it great! Some Voice fans vote loyally for a coach while others vote loyally for two or three artists, and some vote loyally for one artist.

I hope you vote HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE on Monday night, BUT...

This is the finale. No coach saves. No highest votes per team. This is it. Last person standing.

THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO VOTE IN THE FINALE, if you can, is to choose ONE ARTIST you MOST want to win and give all your votes to ONLY him/her.

Thanks, y’all! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

He clearly believes in the coach vote splitting theory. Personally, I don't think that's a problem with Team Blake, most of his fans will vote for all of his remaining contestants regardless. But we shall see.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Quote from Todd on the FB group:

He clearly believes in the coach vote splitting theory. Personally, I don't think that's a problem with Team Blake, most of his fans will vote for all of his remaining contestants regardless. But we shall see.

Yeah

I have seen some screenshots of people voting all team Blake members equally during the top 17 and top 9 :lmao:

He seems so strategic, I hope he did some research about the past voice winners and know what to do next if he wins. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Archanium said:

Yeah

I have seen some screenshots of people voting all team Blake members equally during the top 17 and top 9 :lmao:

He seems so strategic, I hope he did some research about the past voice winners and know what to do next if he wins. 

This is my main worry now that there is a possibility that he may win this thing.

I messaged to him about it on FB, and he gave me a thumbs up, so hopefully he'll know what to do. :P

• Like 1

Prefinale thoughts and reminders from Todd:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=243184340346307&id=103965157845359

Things of note:

They'll sing only originals and covers on Monday. Coach duet is on Tuesday. Group numbers and other guest artists are still a possibility. 

Looks like Todd likes his cover more than his original. Which seems right. The Voice finale originals have always been a mixed bag. 

Prepare for lots of BTS stuff to drop on the Team Todd page once the confetti falls on the finale! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Prefinale thoughts and reminders from Todd:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=243184340346307&id=103965157845359

Things of note:

They'll sing only originals and covers on Monday. Coach duet is on Tuesday. Group numbers and other guest artists are still a possibility. 

Looks like Todd likes his cover more than his original. Which seems right. The Voice finale originals have always been a mixed bag. 

Prepare for lots of BTS stuff to drop on the Team Todd page once the confetti falls on the finale! 

I hope this does not mean a bus for Todd. Looking from the video, he looks real tired. He did say he is excited for both songs though despite all that.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

I hope this does not mean a bus for Todd. Looking from the video, he looks real tired. He did say he is excited for both songs though despite all that.

Oh he's definitely tired. Imagine recording three separate videos + secret group/duet numbers in less than a week while trying to take care of a household and doing remote church services.

The good news is it's all done now and all we can do is wait patiently and cheer him on.

I don't think we need to read too much into him liking his cover more than the original. If we're being honest, the voting audience will probably vote more for the cover anyway. 

• Like 1

OK, my turn to read into something that could totally be pointless:

Incumbent S17 champion Jake Hoot just followed Todd on IG and wrote this nice post addressing the contestants with Todd being tagged first. Todd's the only one Jake followed from the Top 5. Is this a vote of confidence? Who knows. 

OK, my turn to read into something:

Incumbent S17 champion Jake Hoot just followed Todd on IG and wrote this nice post addressing the contestants with Todd being tagged first. Todd's the only one Jake followed from the Top 5. Is this a vote of confidence? Who knows. 

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

OK, my turn to read into something that could totally be pointless:

The order of the tags as well...

• Like 1

OK, now here's something legit:

Ryan Innes, former Voice contestant and recent contestant on Songland, followed Todd on IG. He pitched this song to Lady Antebellum on the recent season. This would be a perfect 'original' song for Todd's voice IMO.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

OK, now here's something legit:

Ryan Innes, former Voice contestant and recent contestant on Songland, followed Todd on IG. He pitched this song to Lady Antebellum on the recent season. This would be a perfect 'original' song for Todd's voice IMO.

I like the lyrics, I think Todd could make it more emotional 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Archanium said:

I like the lyrics, I think Todd could make it more emotional 

There is a rawer, piano driven version that Todd can easily turn into a moment, but it's Songland, so they'll probably use the poppier version. Either way, it sounds like something Todd would sing.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

There is a rawer, piano driven version that Todd can easily turn into a moment, but it's Songland, so they'll probably use the poppier version. Either way, it's a pretty good fit for his voice.

I prefer this version :lmao:

Yeah, I agree this song is a good fit for Todd.