Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

Rewatched Todd's performance many times.  You can really hear the church influence in his delivery.  Just makes you believe!  I really appreciate the honesty...the realness in his performances.  Well deserved ticket to the T9.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Rewatched Todd's performance many times.  You can really hear the church influence in his delivery.  Just makes you believe!  I really appreciate the honesty...the realness in his performances.  Well deserved ticket to the T9.

Agreed! 

As polished and processed as these playoffs performances were, the passion and texture of Todd's voice still came through, and that's why America responded the way they did. 

I am trying to find a way to share to the nonFB people his rehearsal footage for Glory of Love here, I really think it sounds better than the one on YouTube. Stay tuned.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pepperman said:

Eagan!!! 😍

Trivia: apparently Eagan was also doing something for Making It at the same time Todd recorded his playoffs performance this week. NBC's keeping this family busy during quarantine. 😆

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Someone posted on IG a video of Todd singing his Playoffs song when he first got it. Love the rawness of his voice here. Winnie is the cherry on top. 😁

Thanks! He sounds fantastic, this version has an authenticity that was missing in the more processed version, though I enjoy that one either way. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Someone posted on IG a video of Todd singing his Playoffs song when he first got it. Love the rawness of his voice here. Winnie is the cherry on top. 😁

If they'd shared this as the official video, it'd be a guaranteed finale lock - vocal power, rawness but still polished, and an adorable child to top it off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Archanium said:

With the change of format, this week is going to be a bit tougher for any of the Team Blake member. Probably it's time for 'Pastor' Todd to do a worship song :giggle:

IDF and mjsbigblog are gonna rage 😂 Bring it on.

• Haha 1

DAMMIT, I just wrote a voting instruction post for the FB group and this s*** happened.....😵😵😵😵😵😵

TPTB is really desperate for equal coach presentation in the finale it seems....they probably saw that Team Blake in general is leading the votes and changed the rules so he won't have 3 people in the finale. That's my take anyway.

Not gonna assume anything, I still think Todd needs to earn that PV, so y'all better vote!!! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Archanium said:

With the change of format, this week is going to be a bit tougher for any of the Team Blake member. Probably it's time for 'Pastor' Todd to do a worship song :giggle:

Watch mjsbigblog melt down and whine that he's pandering - better yet, if Toneisha or Zan also does a worship/gospel song, they'll praise them but still melt down over Todd. Man, I love the hypocrisy of that 🤪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Watch mjsbigblog melt down and whine that he's pandering - better yet, if Toneisha or Zan also does a worship/gospel song, they'll praise them but still melt down over Todd. Man, I love the hypocrisy of that 🤪

Honestly though, I can totally see a scenario where Toneisha slays a gospel song and beats Todd for a PV.

Let's not be complacent people! Todd still needs us! Vote vote vote!

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Honestly though, I can totally see a scenario where Toneisha slays a gospel song and beats Todd for a PV.

Let's not be complacent people! Todd still needs us! Vote vote vote!

I am ready to bring out the big guns again 😀

• Like 1

Todd just went live on the FB group to talk about the new rule change.

He talked a lot about vote shifting and how we should not assume that just because there are fewer contestants, there's less competition. 

He also mentioned that he did not expect to get the Playoffs PV, and he was banking on Blake to save him. 😂

• Like 1