Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally! OK, I get the criticisms here, his voice seems drowned out by the backing track.... but come on y'all, did you hear the beginning of this? GORGEOUS!    I really think this is the

I've been trying to find a way to summarize this journey we had supporting Todd, and I think the best way to put it is: I am grateful.   I am grateful that Todd took the plunge and went for

Todd has overwhelmingly reached 1 million views on facebook followed by a distant 700k views from Toneisha. Quite impressive. I hope that will translate to more votes for him in the finale.

Posted Images

The livestream with his wife Brooke was hilarious, if uneventful. Just some voting reminders and whatnot. Todd was really careful in not saying what the show is planning on doing for the lives. Not gonna reach too much into that, but maybe The Voice has something unique up their sleeves for Monday?

The live was broadcasted in Todd's church, which I am praying will be Todd's stage for the lives. Church acoustics will go well with Todd's voice.

Also, I am ROFLing at Brooke throwing shade on the mean commenters at IDF and mjsbigblog!

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

The livestream with his wife Brooke was hilarious, if uneventful. Just some voting reminders and whatnot. Todd was really careful in not saying what the show is planning on doing for the lives. Not gonna reach too much into that, but maybe The Voice has something unique up their sleeves for Monday?

The live was broadcasted in Todd's church, which I am praying will be Todd's stage for the lives. Church acoustics will go well with Todd's voice.

Also, I am ROFLing at Brooke throwing shade on the mean commenters at IDF and mjsbigblog!

¿What did she say? lol

Edited by Misirlou
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

¿What did she say? lol

OK, maybe "throwing shade" is the wrong term.... she just said Todd doesn't read them and neither should we. Let people have their own opinions.

Sorry, there's nothing here for the gossip thread. 🤭

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

OK, maybe "throwing shade" is the wrong term.... she just said Todd doesn't read them and neither should we. Let people have their own opinions.

Sorry, there's nothing here for the gossip thread. 🤭

I´m glad he doesn´t read the mjsblog ones, the peeps there hate him with a passion. IDF is surprisingly accepting of him for the most part. I´ve honestly been re-listening his performances, and I´m finding little details that I love about his voice. Hoping for him to bring it in the playoffs, because he´s climbing on my list.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m glad he doesn´t read the mjsblog ones, the peeps there hate him with a passion. IDF is surprisingly accepting of him for the most part. I´ve honestly been re-listening his performances, and I´m finding little details that I love about his voice. Hoping for him to bring it in the playoffs, because he´s climbing on my list.

He'll be glad to hear that!

In the live, Todd really hammered the point that we need to show up with our apps and vote if we want him to win. He even brought up Katie Kadan as a reminder that just coz you have vocal social media support doesn't mean you'll win, you need votes to back it all up. Clearly, he's done his research.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

I know Todd is versatile enough as a vocalist, he has covered some songs that I thought didn't match his voice or his style (Never Enough and I'm Yours, for example), and he still sounded good.

But I'm still nervous thinking about what song he will get to sing for the playoff. 

1 hour ago, Archanium said:

I know Todd is versatile enough as a vocalist, he has covered some songs that I thought didn't match his voice or his style (Never Enough and I'm Yours, for example), and he still sounded good.

But I'm still nervous thinking about what song he will get to sing for the playoff. 

I'm more worried about how he's gonna sound on the recording. I hope the show sends them better equipment and have better sound mixers, because AI's live shows sounds like amateur YouTuber hour to me.

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I'm more worried about how he's gonna sound on the recording. I hope the show sends them better equipment and have better sound mixers, because AI's live shows sounds like amateur YouTuber hour to me.

That too, I'm also not impressed with the AI's live shows, to me their performances were not engaging at all. I already set my expectations low for the TV live shows setup. 

But at least when it comes to the recording quality, it affects all the top 17, unlike bad song choice that will only affect the particular contestant. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Summer Overby said:

Here is a video our local hospital put together and they used a recording of Todd singing. 

OMG!!!! Love him singing this song! Thanks for sharing! 

This sounds like he recorded the audio from his phone. I'm sure he'll sound even better with a proper setup. 

• Like 1

If y'all been following Todd's socials....you would have noticed the outpouring of support he got from his local community and Mississippi in general regarding his upcoming Monday show. Here are just a few of them. (Some of them are aren't embedding, just click on the link to see)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2881088288612206&id=175874549133607

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157505490699401&id=108304954400

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2956536947715609&id=602788273090500

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1599309990216281&id=139747722839189

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3032517280161730&id=1149278085152335

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Welp....looks like Todd wasn't kidding when he said they got better setups than The Voice. I just hope he figured it all out now, unlike Blake. 🤣

"So is Blake Shelton doing this?" *cuts to Blake pulling out a chainsaw to open the case* 

Although in this scenario I'd 300% be Roderick alternating between successful assembly of parts and crying and hoping the crying gets edited out.

• Haha 2