The Voice Season 18 Ratings

istersay

13 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Nope. Idol didn’t get a “self-quarantine” bump at all. 

Idol is on Sunday night, so I don’t think it’s apples and apples. You won’t convince me the 1.2 million viewer bump is due to any reason other than the situation the country is in. 

“*”

EDIT: I stand corrected. They did have an episode last night. But that still doesn’t prove The Voice ratings weren’t higher due the the “quarantine.” Perhaps that’s more of a reflection on the sorry state of idol. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Idol is on Sunday night, so I don’t think it’s apples and apples. You won’t convince me the 1.2 million viewer bump is due to any reason other than the situation the country is in. 

Last night was Idol’s first Monday show. They went head to head. Idol  came in 3rd, behind the Voice and 911 (who is watching that show?)

The Voice got 1.8, 911 got 1.4, Idol got 1.2 with only 6.3 million viewers.

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Last night was Idol’s first Monday show. They went head to head. Idol  came in 3rd, behind the Voice and 911 (who is watching that show?)

The Voice got 1.8, 911 got 1.4, Idol got 1.2 with only 6.3 million viewers.

I know. I edited my comment. But we don’t have Monday to Monday numbers for Idol, so we don’t really know what effect the self quarantine had on them. It’s more obvious with TV. When in history has the last BA episode had 1 million more viewers than the premiere? 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I know. I edited my comment. But we don’t have Monday to Monday numbers for Idol, so we don’t really know what effect the self quarantine had on them. It’s more obvious with TV. When in history has the last BA episode had 1 million more viewers than the premiere? 

We don’t have Monday to Monday numbers, but we have last year’s numbers.

Last year the first Idol Monday show dropped 0.1 from Sunday and shed about 1 million viewers. Pretty much the same exact pattern.

There’s zero reason for the quarantined numbers to go only to the Voice. That makes no sense.

11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Last year the first Idol Monday show dropped 0.1 from Sunday and shed about 1 million viewers. Pretty much the same exact pattern.

There’s zero reason for the quarantined numbers to go only to the Voice. That makes no sense.

I think you have to separate the Idol numbers from TV. We know more people were at home last night than the previous Monday night. People are working from home, schools are closed, after school activities are closed, pro and college sports are shut down, etc. More people at home = more potential eyeballs on the screen. Good job getting those additional eyeballs to watch TV instead of Idol. If you don’t think “self-quarantine” explains the 1.5 million bump from last week, and 1 million more than the premiere, what do you think it is? 

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think you have to separate the Idol numbers from TV. We know more people were at home last night than the previous Monday night. People are working from home, schools are closed, after school activities are closed, pro and college sports are shut down, etc. More people at home = more potential eyeballs on the screen. Good job getting those additional eyeballs to watch TV instead of Idol. If you don’t think “self-quarantine” explains the 1.5 million bump from last week, and 1 million more than the premiere, what do you think it is? 

I said it in my original post. No more competition from the Bachelor. 

16 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I said it in my original post. No more competition from the Bachelor. 

I disagree, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that important. I think we’ll see good ratings over the next few weeks too, because everyone is sitting at home.

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

The Ep. 5 ratings are in.

With the Bachelor gone, The Voice rated 1.8 in the demo with 9.9 million total viewers. (Yes, they beat the other singing show.)

cool, nice to see a bump no matter how it happened :thumbs:

36 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Yes and No. 

Many fans of the show might have missed the episode but caught up on youtube or facebook. Now, they are just sitting at home, watching the show. 

Whereas Idol just doesn't have the fans. 

I think tv isn't as popular - in general - as it used to be. So someone might like the show, but not be watching it live. Now they are. 

Lots of tip-toeing here y'all around the facts - The Voice KILLED American Idol in the ratings last night in their first head-to-head battle of the 2020 season.  It was a massacre - a slaughter, an A-1 double-ass kicking. TV smashed Idol in every metric by gazillions and took it's place as one of the biggest television shows in the world.  Idol just keeps getting worse and worse - smaller and more irrelevant in what can only be termed as Katy Perry baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Imma tell you why The Voice wins big and remind you I told you so!   The reason TV wins is because TV is funny.  I watched both shows last night and I never even cracked a smile watching Idol.  It was just sad and boring.  Last nights TV wasn't it's usual hilarious self either - I only laughed 50 times as opposed to my usual 100 to 200 times.

The Voice is BETTER!!!!!!!  Watch it!!!!!!

The Voice is Funny = GOOD!

American Idol is Not funny = NOT good.

Edited by Cranberrys

Broadcast ratings were up week to week, as they have been on several recent nights as viewers are largely confined to their homes during the coronavirus pandemic. This time of year, following the switch to Daylight Saving Time, typically sees ratings fall below season averages.

The Voice posted a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.87 million viewers, both of which are same-day season highs for the show.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voice-american-idol-tv-ratings-monday-march-16-2020-1285041

Edited by TeamAudra

6 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I still wonder how long they can keep this up for.

Did the ratings in the past increase by this much when the bachelor wrapped up the season?

Everyone is bored as hell and stuck at home right now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Did the ratings in the past increase by this much when the bachelor wrapped up the season?

The ratings increase is due to a lot of people staying at home (and eating at home) and watching more TV. Almost all TV shows experienced ratings increase, not just The Voice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Nope they drop like a brick when bachelor season wrap up :devilwave:

S16 Monday while bachelor was airing rating 2.1, 2.1, 2.0

Monday only after the bachelor end 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.2

Ok ok not like a brick but after the blind end they always drop

S14 while Bachelor airing 2,8 2,5

After Bachelor end  2.4 2.0 1.9

S12 while Bachelor airing 3.1 2.7 2.6 

After Bachelor end 2.4 2.4 2.2

Well it has nothing to do with the Bachelor, it's just drop steadly then a bit more after the blind end and still droping untile the Finale.

Here they have rating split by half hour.

https://programminginsider.com/monday-ratings-nbc-wins-james-corden-special-left-at-the-starting-gate-on-cbs/

8:00 p.m.

NBC – The Voice Viewers: 9.58 million (#1), A18-49: 1.5 (#1)

8:30 p.m.

NBC – The Voice Viewers: 9.49 million (#1), A18-49: 1.6 (#1)

9:00 p.m.

NBC – The Voice Viewers: 9.94 million (#1), A18-49: 1.8 (#1)

9:30 p.m.

NBC – The Voice Viewers: 9.72 million (#1), A18-49: 1.7 (#1)

So the better spot is really at the start of the 2nd hour.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/911-listen-your-heart-tv-ratings-monday-april-13-2020-1290196

Songland premiered with a 0.9 in adults 18-49 and 4.73 million viewers on NBC, beating last season's averages of 0.8 in the demo and 4.01 million viewers. Monday's episode was the second-most-watched episode of the show, behind only the series premiere in May 2019. The Voice (1.6, 9.76 million) improved in both adults 18-49 and total viewers versus last week.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voice-all-rise-tv-ratings-monday-may-4-2020-1293353

The Voice drew a 1.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers, both of which are season lows for the Monday edition of the show. The episode, the first of the spring cycle's "live" shows (although performances were prerecorded), came down from a 1.4 in the 18-49 demo and 9.18 million viewers for its last regular episode two weeks ago. Songland (0.6, 3.84 million) was even with last week.