Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

The Voice Season 18 Ratings

Recommended Posts

 

onion02.gif

so it's a little early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very curious to see how this will go. I think the premiere will be higher than the S17 premiere (and will crack 9M viewers), but I wouldn't be too surprised to see fractional ratings in the second half of the season.

Edited by MatthewPalermo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voice-premiere-bachelor-tv-ratings-monday-feb-24-2020-1280989

 

The Voice's 8.96 million viewers edged the fall debut's 8.93 million for its largest Monday viewership of the season. The show also scored a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49, down from a 1.7 for the fall debut but ahead of the fall cycle's same-day average of 1.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Is that bad? I expected the numbers to be a bit higher than that.

TV beat the $hit out of AI in both the demo and in total viewers with a 1.6 in the demo and 8.97 million viewers for the final hour of the show.  AI had a 1.4 in the demo and  7.5 million viewers.

 

TV is just a better show.  The Coaches/Judges from the two shows are the stars getting paid the big bucks but their jobs & participation on their respective shows is unequal.  TV Coaches are far more entertaining and have more & better opportunities to highlight their personalities, spar with their co-coaches, and demonstrate their own personal artistic skills during the process of collecting, coaching, and mentoring their roster of artists.

Edited by Cranberrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

TV beat the $hit out of AI in both the demo and in total viewers.

 

TV is just a better show.  The Coaches/Judges from the two shows are the stars getting paid the big bucks but their jobs & participation on their respective shows is unequal.  TV Coaches are far more entertaining and have more & better opportunities to highlight their personalities, spar with their co-coaches, and demonstrate their own personal artistic skills during the process of collecting, coaching, and mentoring their roster of artists.

Both shows had the same demo ratings for the premiere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Both shows had the same demo ratings for the premiere.

NO THEY DIDN'T.

TV had 1.6 in the demo and 8.97 million viewers for the final hour of the show.  AI had a 1.4 in the demo and  7.5 million viewers.

Edited by Cranberrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

NO THEY DIDN'T.

TV had 1.6 in the demo and 8.97 million viewers for the final hour of the show.  AI had a 1.4 in the demo and  7.5 million viewers.

That’s not how it works. Idol’s premiere had a 1.5 demo rating and The Voice had a 1.5 demo rating as well. It does not matter about hourly breakdowns. Advertisers care about the whole broadcast. Both shows tied their 18-49 demo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:peace: can we not have an AI vs Voice Fan war in her please. AI has it's own Ratings thread thankyou.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

night two of "The Voice" (8.531 million viewers, #2; adults 18-49: 1.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, istersay said:

night two of "The Voice" (8.531 million viewers, #2; adults 18-49: 1.4

So far both episodes had more viewers compared to last season but a lower demographic by 2/10ths of a point. Not too bad so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So far both episodes had more viewers compared to last season but a lower demographic by 2/10ths of a point. Not too bad so far.

yah not so bad, I don't know how much television viewers have dropped overall in a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So far both episodes had more viewers compared to last season but a lower demographic by 2/10ths of a point. Not too bad so far.

This is kinda sort my field of expertise.  Most chord cutters are young and fit the prime demo age 18-49.  The current ratings prove cable has lost a significant number of people in that demo year over year.  It also proves The Voice is very popular across all demographics and it's popularity is growing.

 

This seasons ratings are glowing endorsements for the format and cast of The Voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Dany said:

https://tvline.com/2020/03/03/tv-ratings-the-bachelor-women-tell-all-peter/

The Voice (9 mil/1.5) was steady week-to-week, commanding the night’s largest audience.


 

Steady is the word of the day. NBC execs must be pleased that the show has maintained both its demo rating and total viewers. I think last Tuesday’s slight dip can be blamed on the big numbers for the Dem debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slipped 2/10 of a point this week. 1.3 and 8.66 million viewers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Slipped 2/10 of a point this week. 1.3 and 8.66 million viewers. 

not too bad moptop.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Slipped 2/10 of a point this week. 1.3 and 8.66 million viewers. 

How relevant is viewer count when networks discuss renewal?

 

asking because idol and The Voice has the same demo this week, but the latter crushed in viewers.

 

no I’m not going to turn this into a flat-out comparison, haha

Edited by MatthewPalermo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

How relevant is viewer count when networks discuss renewal?

 

asking because idol and The Voice has the same demo this week, but the latter crushed in viewers.

 

no I’m not going to turn this into a flat-out comparison, haha

I’m sure they take it into consideration, but the 18-49 demo is what helps secure advertisers so the show can make money. 
 

No show on network TV is hitting a 2.0 in the demo as far as I know.

Edited by Carrie_On

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ep. 5 ratings are in.

 

With the Bachelor gone, The Voice rated 1.8 in the demo with 9.9 million total viewers. (Yes, they beat the other singing show.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The Ep. 5 ratings are in.

 

With the Bachelor gone, The Voice rated 1.8 in the demo with 9.9 million total viewers. (Yes, they beat the other singing show.)

For the record, last night's episode of The Voice had a higher number in the demo and viewers compared to ANY episode in S17. That's really impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

For the record, last night's episode of The Voice had a higher number in the demo and viewers compared to ANY episode in S17. That's really impressive.


We all know the reason for higher ratings. It needs an asterisk, when comparing to other seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


We all know the reason for higher ratings. It needs an asterisk, when comparing to other seasons. 


Nope. Idol didn’t get a “self-quarantine” bump at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...