Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

The Voice 18 ● Blind Auditions 2 ● Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, kclarkson1323 said:

This season may be in real trouble if these are the 4 chair turns

It sure looks that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dany said:

93%

I'm remembering certain threads rn :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Toneisha has done her research.

This, accurate comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, holinessss said:

would she have won against alisan??


She said 8 years ago, not 8 seasons ago. So she probably auditioned during the seasons of Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery, Tessanne Chin or Josh Kaufman (Seasons 3,4,5,6)

Edited by Dalton Eduardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:


She said 8 years ago, not 8 seasons ago. So she probably auditioned during the seasons of Danielle Bradbery, Tessanne Chin or Josh Kaufman (Seasons 4,5,6)

maybe, no, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Arei Moon's audition, they showed the family just at the moment of a very good run and high note, when Kelly turned her chair... WHY IN THOSE MOMENTS!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:


She said 8 years ago, not 8 seasons ago. So she probably auditioned during the seasons of Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery, Tessanne Chin or Josh Kaufman (Seasons 3,4,5,6)

Those are the best seasons of The Voice IMO, she would've had no chance lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toneisha has everything going against her except her voice.  It's sad but most of the time older more talented artists lose to lesser talented younger artists.  Age bias is real in every level of the music business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Toneisha has everything going against her except her voice.  It's sad but most of the time older more talented artists lose to lesser talented younger artists.  Age bias is real in every level of the music business.


There are all sorts of biases at play when viewer voting is involved. The #1 bias on this show is....genre. There is a faction of the audience who favors singers like her, but not enough to carry her over the finish line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow.... i have not seen such a weak group of singers in years on the voice... really lackluster first two episodes.. no one has stood out for me yet 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:


She said 8 years ago, not 8 seasons ago. So she probably auditioned during the seasons of Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery, Tessanne Chin or Josh Kaufman (Seasons 3,4,5,6)

 

8 years ago is 2012. Seasons 2 and 3. Both won by Team Blake (Jermaine and Cassadee). Toneisha may have had a chance against Jermaine (though different format back then) but I doubt she'll go farther than Blake's top 2 in S3 - the only season that Team Blake got the win and runner-up.

Edited by season1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

wow.... i have not seen such a weak group of singers in years on the voice... really lackluster first two episodes.. no one has stood out for me yet 

Where is your sense of humor.  Kelly's "creepy uncle" joke was laugh out loud funny - and every coach had some zingers.  The Voice is funny no matter what caliber the talent is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:


Humor?

 

What has been funny tonight, other than Jonas email girl?

 

Nick telling Kelly he sent her some songs and she rejected them.  MPJh92m.gif

 

Kelly not realizing she was blocked until the end of the performance. 0LEWwAN.gif

 

The "creepy uncle" segment. 0DoVFku.gif

 

Fool's gold was funny too. There are  more comments that I found funny. I guess I am easily amused. 6jN7jt1.gif

Edited by season1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, season1 said:

 

Nick telling Kelly he sent her some songs and she rejected them.  MPJh92m.gif

 

Kelly not realizing she was blocked until the end of the performance. 0LEWwAN.gif

 

The "creepy uncle" segment. 0DoVFku.gif

 

Fool's gold was funny too. There are  more comments that I found funny. I guess I am easily amused. 6jN7jt1.gif


The first one is sort of funny, I guess. I was so bored with the episode, I zoned out and missed the others. Haha....a delayed laugh! 
 

This show is badly missing the Blake-Adam dynamic, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


The first one is sort of funny, I guess. I was so bored with the episode, I zoned out and missed the others. Haha....a delayed laugh! 
 

This show is badly missing the Blake-Adam dynamic, IMO. 

You definitely zoned out on the humor.  And let's be crystal clear - as much as I like and respect Blake hes looking more and more like a Dinosaur every season.  Adam is extinct.

 

eta - TV is Kelly Clarkson's show now.

Edited by Cranberrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

You definitely zoned out on the humor.  And let's be crystal clear - as much as I like and respect Blake hes looking more and more like a Dinosaur every season.  Adam is extinct.

 

eta - TV is Kelly Clarkson's show now.

 

According to TV social media, it’s Nick’s show now. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

 

According to TV social media, it’s Nick’s show now. 

image.jpeg.32fac18851bffcd4d39dff7e4385a10a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

 

According to TV social media, it’s Nick’s show now. 

C'mon Audra......who's got the best personality?  Who brings the most joy & laughter to every episode? Who's the funniest coach?  Who is the best entertainer? And who is the best singer by a bazillion miles?

 

Nick's not the answer to any of those questions.

 

eta - In fact - it's Kelly Clarkson's world and we're just living in it.

Edited by Cranberrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

C'mon Audra......who's got the best personality?  Who brings the most joy & laughter to every episode? Who's the funniest coach?  Who is the best entertainer? And who is the best singer by a bazillion miles?

 

Nick's not the answer to any of those questions.


 I don’t see Kelly Clarkson anywhere on the banner. LOL

 

RC5YLQs.png

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


 I don’t see Kelly Clarkson anywhere on the banner. LOL

 

RC5YLQs.png

TV Marketing for a young new coach.  That's all - and you know it.  There is no platform or parallel of existence where Nick Jonas is as talented as Kelly Clarkson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

TV Marketing for a young new coach.  That's all - and you know it.  There is no platform or parallel of existence where Nick Jonas is as talented as Kelly Clarkson.


I’m not a fan, but they must think he’s gonna bring in the younger female audience, or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...