⭐ Isabel Dumaa Fan Thread ⭐

echoap

KXDka2Hv_o.jpg

|| WEBSITE || YOUTUBE  || INSTAGRAM  || TWITTER || 

BIO:

"Isabel Dumas, a 17-year-old singer-songwriter from San Francisco, grew up listening to the greats such as Billie Holiday, James Taylor, Carole King, and the Beatles. Her angelic voice will draw you in while her lyrics will keep you captivated. She has taken years of vocal training and worked with songwriters all over the country. She commutes frequently to Los Angeles and Nashville to work on her music such as recording and cowrites. 

Her distinct indie-pop sound is unique with elements of R&B, Bedroom Pop, and Singer-Songwriter. Her songs are personal and relatable, with her conversational and honest lyrics connecting herself with the listener. She is currently working tirelessly on her EP and has a single out now! "

ORIGINALS:

Just say Add me! Or post something positive about Isabel to be added. 

Fan List:

1. echoap

2. Dalton Eduardo

3. Archanium

4. VoiceFan1

5. Spurrious

6. ATX29

7. Starman1

8. QueenMae16

9. Maxwell

10. David68

11. AmyNicole

12. jamescasaki

13. QueenCami

14. Hamza Tufail

15. TheVoiceFan2

16. Angeles

17. Bk1234

18. You?

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

Btw, feel free to post and discuss spoilers here. Although we don't have any spoiler yet 😆. Here's my attempt of a spoiler:

One of her friends reposted her reveal post on IG, and they added this phrase: "You're kinda a legend..." 

So either her friend was implying a potential team or she was just speaking facts 🤣. If that's accurate, I'm not a fan of that team but there are worse possibilities so who cares :haha:

This video is already in the op but I'm reposting it so everyone can get to know her personality a bit better:

Edited by echoap

49 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

If you think I won't drag down the neighborhood too much ...you could add me.  Before you say no, I just want to point out that someone has to rep the lowest common denominator...so I got that working.  

How dramatic :haha:. Welcome! Happy to see you here! Pre-season kamikaze fan threads are the best kind of fan threads :w00tbounce:

2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Yes Sir I'm in.  She was near the top of my list before last season.  Really impressed with her originals...she's quite the writer.

I know, I almost added you by default :haha:. As an elite member of Team Waffle, it is well known that your taste is impeccable 💪😁 Welcome! :w00tbounce:

I love her originals too, definitely worth following post season career :clap:

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Calling it rn, if she turned a chair, she's gonna have the most viewed audition on YouTube. 💁‍♂️😇

Jaclyn Lovey-esque?

I could see that happening.  Unfortunately for us tho I can also see Isabel's run on the show being similar to Jaclyn's...if she turned a chair at all.  

4 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Jaclyn Lovey-esque?

I could see that happening.  Unfortunately for us tho I can also see Isabel's run on the show being similar to Jaclyn's...if she turned a chair at all.  

Yeah, kinda. Jaclyn had the most viewed season 14 video for like a year. Her battle did really well too :haha:

TeamAudra's info (especially that last pic on IG) seems solid but it's 50-50 to me; she might be trying to troll IDF.

Unless she got a horribly wrong song, I can't imagine the coaches not turning for that tone tbh. 

Edited by echoap

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting quote from this article:

http://notesfornotes.org/san-francisco/don-fisher-the-fall-season-and-first-performance/

"Isabel has become an important member of the Notes for Notes family in San Francisco. She sets an awesome example of how to be professional, and carries herself with a level of maturity which is rarely seen from a person her age."
:yes:

IMG_2561-768x754.jpg

Yep, it's obvious that Isabel is not an average teen; I've noticed maturity in her personality and songwriting as well. She reminds me of an early Marina Diamandis, in the sense that both are very outspoken and empowered persons. 

I'm putting emphasis on her personality because we can find thousands of talented teens everywhere, but we rarely see interesting personalities. 

Looking forward to her journey :w00tbounce:

Here a snippet of her last show, singing "Take A Bow" by Rihanna:

• 2 weeks later...

No details about her audition so far 😴

According to her website, Isabel had planned to release an EP in mid-February, but since that didn't happen, I'm guessing she's waiting for a more convenient time. 

She's got a few songs in the recorded music section of her website, and we can see she's evolved a lot through the years. My favorite song on that list is "Loved and Lost", I wasn't a fan of the production at first but the song sells by itself, it's just too good :wub:.

https://www.isabeldumasmusic.com/recorded-music

Her latest IG cover, "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift. 

9 hours ago, echoap said:

Isabel just announced a release date! 😱😱😱

tY2Jd8u6_o.jpg

Apparently, she's going by Isⱥbel now. That's really cool :thumbs:

Looking forward to it.  A shame we wont get to see her on the show...but as has been mentioned over and over again...she's prolly better in the long run for not having been on the Voice.  

I think she's a very talented writer and should just write as many songs as she can, and see what happens.

3 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Looking forward to it.  A shame we wont get to see her on the show...but as has been mentioned over and over again...she's prolly better in the long run for not having been on the Voice.  

I think she's a very talented writer and should just write as many songs as she can, and see what happens.

Agree. She's unique in a lot of ways, and not only for The Voice standards, I'd say she's unique for the music industry in general.

Imo, she just needs to figure out her charm as a public person plus a little bit of exposure. From the little I've seen, she's the kind of person who makes everything sound interesting and amusing. So, that's a promising start. :haha:

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

Isabel just confirmed that her audition won't be aired 😭

I don’t blame TPTB though. Isabel not getting a chair would've produced massive outrage from the viewers :haha:. Also, this season doesn't look suitable at all for female singer-songwriters, so turning a chair wouldn't necessarily have been a good thing. 

Let's see what she does next season. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep posting my favorite content from her SM accounts. Don't forget that she's about to release her first single on March 20.:music:

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Isabel just confirmed that her audition won't be aired 😭

I don’t blame TPTB though. Isabel not getting a chair would've produced massive outrage from the viewers :haha:. Also, this season doesn't look suitable at all for female singer-songwriters, so turning a chair wouldn't necessarily have been a good thing. 

Let's see what she does next season. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep posting my favorite content from her SM accounts. Don't forget that she's about to release her first single on March 20.:music:

That's so sad. Would've been nice if TPTB aired her audition. I really do hope she'll come back next season.

7 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

That's so sad. Would've been nice if TPTB aired her audition. I really do hope she'll come back next season.

There's a chance for that! 👇

EERlCqqz_o.jpg

She's the kind of contestant the show wants so she'll probably be invited back for a future season :thumbs:. American Idol exists as well so it's up to her 😁

• Like 2