idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 17

SEASON 17 CONFIRMED!

We are still stuck with each other it seems!

Hopefully it’s better than season 16 but knowing Nigel, I have no faith.

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Hopefully it’s better than season 16 but knowing Nigel, I have no faith.

I always expect horrible things from Nigel LOL.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I always expect horrible things from Nigel LOL.

Well yeah. He casts dancers right out of high school, makes them to pretend to be in a showmance while ignoring Slavessy’s actual romance and then hits on whichever blonde female is in the finale.

Going into this season with #lowstandards is the only thing to do after an awful season 16. :haha:

16 hours ago, Elliott said:

Well yeah. He casts dancers right out of high school, makes them to pretend to be in a showmance while ignoring Slavessy’s actual romance

and then hits on whichever blonde female is in the finale.

:dead: 

Nigel said something about wanting to do a Top 20 for this season during Season 16. I thought it was weird that he presumed the show would be renewed for Season 17 when the past few seasons have been up in the air until the last minute. Maybe with DWTS switching to once a year and World of Dance happening on NBC, Fox wanted to keep SYTYCD going for a while longer. 

26 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Nigel said something about wanting to do a Top 20 for this season during Season 16. I thought it was weird that he presumed the show would be renewed for Season 17 when the past few seasons have been up in the air until the last minute. Maybe with DWTS switching to once a year and World of Dance happening on NBC, Fox wanted to keep SYTYCD going for a while longer. 

He usually knows early on since they have to negotiate things. They just usually don’t announce it for a while. 

Hope it pulls a Survivor and just does an all-winner/all-star season, and then ends.

Official press release came out today and apparently is teasing new twists for S17. 😐

10 hours ago, Elliott said:

Official press release came out today and apparently is teasing new twists for S17. 😐

Maybe the new twist is that there is no twist, because that would be a twist.

Also:

"Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy and Laurieann Gibson are slated to return as judges, and Cat Deely will be back as host. Season 16 judge (and Season 3 contestant) Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval will not return to the judging panel, TVLine has confirmed."