The Official Rankdown Off-Topic Thread

1 hour ago, goofycilla90 said:

such a shame is wasn’t televised but i really don’t understand the reasons behind it. could someone explain?

''On May 10, 2021, NBC announced that it would not televise the ceremony, in support of a boycott of the HFPA by multiple media companies over insufficient efforts to increase the membership diversity of the organization. NBC added that it would be open to televising the ceremony in 2023 if the HFPA were successful in its efforts to reform its organization''

2 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

such a shame is wasn’t televised but i really don’t understand the reasons behind it. could someone explain?

Essentially diversity issues and buying votes. I mean it's the same problems of every awards show in the history of awards shows, but they're just the ones who happened to get called out (probably because they're the most blatant of it out of all of them).

44 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And yet the rules say not to post the same thing in multiple threads. :dead:

My thoughts too. :dead: 

Forum rules:

• No excessive post spamming inside forums. This applies to all forums/all sections. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.

• Post to the correct forum and only that forum. Do not post the same thread in more than one forum even if it pertains to more than one. This is known as cross-posting.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, QueenKalie said:

How many threads did you post this in like 5 or 6. :dead:

12 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Thanks for the multiple reminders of this. I'll be eagerly awaiting 10 more posts about this tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

And yet the rules say not to post the same thing in multiple threads. :dead:

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

My thoughts too. :dead: 

Forum rules:

I’ll remember this the next time I remove

warning points from your records. :closedeyes: :haha: :dead: And yes, @Steven_ you did have an old one I removed out of the kindness of my heart. @QueenKalie and @Elliott had many. :dead:

• Haha 2