Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Lily

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12

Recommended Posts

Rankings before the reunion:

 

1. Crystal

2. Heidi

3. Rock

4. Jan

5. Jaida

6. Jackie

7. Widow

8. Gigi

9. Nicki

10. Broc-ally

11. Aiden

12. Brita

 

Crystal and Heidi are all time favorites of mine, the rest wouldn't be anywhere near there...I might enjoy Jaida more on a rewatch but, while she is classy and gorgeous and probably deserves the win, I've never been super excited about her as a contestant on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they're doing anything on VH1, but OutTV in Canada is reshowing the entire season on Monday. :haha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like Gigi and Jaida. Crystal is adorbs but I think the other two have been more impressive over the course of the season. It'd annoy me if Crystal won with 1 win vs. Gigi's 4.5 and Jaida's 3 ngl

Edited by kresslia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kresslia said:

I like Gigi and Jaida. Crystal is adorbs but I think the other two have been more impressive over the course of the season. It'd annoy me if Crystal won with 1 win vs. Gigi's 4.5 and Jaida's 3 ngl

Judging has been super questionable all season long though, Gigi should have had like 2 wins at most. Crystal could have easily won the makeover challenge. It’s more even than the current track records make things out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #jeah said:

Judging has been super questionable all season long though, Gigi should have had like 2 wins at most. Crystal could have easily won the makeover challenge. It’s more even than the current track records make things out to be.


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The makeover should've been a double win, tbh. But considering everything they factor in to the makeover (and that it's usually just the challenge to adjust the track records how they see fit tbh), I can see why Jaida got it since she picked all the partnerships and was the one making sure all the superfans were having fun. :haha:

 

Off the top of my head (because I'm on my phone and not looking at my personal sheet), the wins would've been:

Jaida - 3 wins (1 joint with Crystal)

Gigi - 2 wins, 1 top 2 placement

Heidi - 2 wins

Crystal - 2 wins (1 joint with Jaida)

Jan - 1 win, 1 top 2 placement

Jackie - 1 win

 

I also think Gigi started off strong and kind of backslid at the end of the season, whereas Crystal was the opposite and grew as the season went on. Jaida's been consistent for most of the season outside of Gay's Anatomy and the stand-up challenge.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I do think Gigi's done really well however for me I probably only would have given her the win in Snatch Game oops. I'd have given the Madonna rusical to Jan for sure. For the ball, personally I only really liked two of Gigi's looks whereas I liked pretty much all of Jaida, Nicky and Crystal's. But she still did great so I'm fine with it. And then with last night I personally would have just kept it similar to the past rumixes and have nobody win.

 

I agree about Crystal improving a lot as the season has gone on - I think from the Madonna rusical up to now she's had a pretty great showing every week, which is super impressive considering that's six consecutive weeks. While I think she's the underdog in this group due to her growth arc and her one win, I do think she has a shot. I know fan vote doesn't always have the huge say, although at the same time I think every VH1 winner has led the votes AFAIK? And Crystal is WAY ahead on Instagram... I think the best path for her would be 3rd place and then come back to All-Stars and do well, but hey, I did think they were gonna give it to Brooke last season, and then I totally underestimated the love Yvie was getting on social media which made her path clearer in those last weeks.

 

Jaida's had the most consistent run for sure, as Elliott mentioned each of the others have gone on an upward/downward trajectory and then for the mostpart, I think Jaida's done really well. Even Gay's Anatomy felt like a case of 'one of the weakest of a mostly strong bunch'. I'm definitely encouraged by how she's doing well in the fan vote, even though she's third on Instagram she's very narrowly behind Gigi, and we've never really seen it be this close between a black pageant queen and a white fashion queen. Asia was trailing in votes in Season 10, and then A'Keria and Silky (although this was a little more understandable) were way behind Brooke and Yvie last season. I'm biased but I do feel like she's the best fit into the winners' circle.

Edited by *Lily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, *Lily said:

although at the same time I think every VH1 winner has led the votes AFAIK?

Trinity led the vote in S9, iirc.

 

I think the order was Trinity >>> Sasha > Shea (the queen with 4 wins being third because she's black? news at five.) >>>> Peppermint (and a lot of people thought Alexis should've been there over her, wtf)

 

EDIT: Monét was also last in the AS4 vote, iirc. But they did the double crowning and Trinity was first in that, so that’s kind of a 50/50.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, *Lily said:

I think the best path for her would be 3rd place and then come back to All-Stars and do well, but hey, I did think they were gonna give it to Brooke last season, and then I totally underestimated the love Yvie was getting on social media which made her path clearer in those last weeks.

I definitely agree with this. Obviously Crystal is my favorite and I would love it for her sake if she won, But Jaida has been objectively the most "consistent" from start to finish and there's not really much of a story arc for her to come back and do well on All Stars. Crystal, on the other hand, is tailor made for a future All Stars season so I'm low key rooting for Jaida to win (and Crystal to take second if they're doing placements like that this year).

 

Still - Crystal, imo, is just as worthy of being in the top 3 as the other two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Trinity led the vote in S9, iirc.

 

I think the order was Trinity >>> Sasha > Shea (the queen with 4 wins being third because she's black? news at five.) >>>> Peppermint (and a lot of people thought Alexis should've been there over her, wtf)

 

Ahh okay. I knew it was one of the white queens, I just couldn't remember who. :giggle:

 

Lmao at people wanting Alexis there instead...

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I definitely agree with this. Obviously Crystal is my favorite and I would love it for her sake if she won, But Jaida has been objectively the most "consistent" from start to finish and there's not really much of a story arc for her to come back and do well on All Stars. Crystal, on the other hand, is tailor made for a future All Stars season so I'm low key rooting for Jaida to win (and Crystal to take second if they're doing placements like that this year).

 

Still - Crystal, imo, is just as worthy of being in the top 3 as the other two. 

 

For sure! Plus seeing as both the viewers and Ru love Crystal, I think she'd excel on an All-Stars season. I'd like to see quite a few girls from this season on a future All-Stars.

 

Agreed, so deserving! She's really proved herself in the last half of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda hope they bring back Rock for S13, just as she's such a character and I think it could give her a chance to have a Vanjie moment!

 

My top picks from this season for All-Stars are Heidi, Jan, Widow, Jackie, and whoever doesn't win this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But yeah, Yvie’s the only black queen to lead the social media vote. That was what made me think she was going to get the win over Brooke considering it seemed like Vh1 wouldn’t pass up the fan base finally backing a queen of colour for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, #jeah said:

#RockMSakuraForAS6

Peppermint needs to come back for AS6 so the S9 top four have their crowns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I kinda hope they bring back Rock for S13, just as she's such a character and I think it could give her a chance to have a Vanjie moment!

I kinda hope they take a break from having queens come back in the next season for a while. :ph34rwave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I kinda hope they take a break from having queens come back in the next season for a while. :ph34rwave:

 

Yeah I kinda feel the same. I think in the case of Rock, I'm expecting them to bring them back in some capacity because of the reaction to her on social media. So I think if I had to choose between them I'd rather she came back for a regular season as opposed to All-Stars. :haha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock for Holislay Spectacular 2. :giggle:

 

I wouldn’t mind her on All Stars if it’s, like, the season that tapes in 2021. :haha: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, *Lily said:

 

Yeah I kinda feel the same. I think in the case of Rock, I'm expecting them to bring them back in some capacity because of the reaction to her on social media. So I think if I had to choose between them I'd rather she came back for a regular season as opposed to All-Stars. :haha:

Rock is more of an All Star than India Ferrah, there I said it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Rock is more of an All Star than India Ferrah, there I said it

 

I can't argue with that :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Rock is more of an All Star than India Ferrah, there I said it

Or Mariah. Whomst?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

India obviously did something right whilst working on Drag Race Live. I think she could surprise everyone.

 

I saw her live in Vegas about 18 months ago and she totally surprised me. I wasn’t a fan during season three but I’ve put that down to the songs chosen for the lip-syncs. All of the songs back then were quite old fashioned and I’m hoping she gets the chance to show everyone what she really does for a living. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

She was brought back for a specific reason, apparently. 

Edited by *Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 5:06 PM, Zoey said:

India obviously did something right whilst working on Drag Race Live. I think she could surprise everyone.

 

I saw her live in Vegas about 18 months ago and she totally surprised me. I wasn’t a fan during season three but I’ve put that down to the songs chosen for the lip-syncs. All of the songs back then were quite old fashioned and I’m hoping she gets the chance to show everyone what she really does for a living. 

I hope she does, because just based off her time on RPDR she was super forgettable. But I am totally here for a queen to build on her drag race legacy while on All Stars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...