The Warning ⚠️

Drew1903

"Crazy!"  OMG, Dan, I know, eh?  Anytime I try to talk about that part of things...  

Same as often when I see people say about having improved over time or about things, now.  And I will think (to myself), "Geez, they played, really, well even 4 to 6 years ago, too, already".

Ale was, certainly, no more than 10 when Enter Sandman went viral; maybe 9.

It's innate & bizarre.

Edited by Drew1903

40 minutes ago, DuckDan said:

This is nice(r) ... in the old platform this forum had YT vids would not go Full screen  right from here.  They do or will, now 😊👍👍

They say you learn something every day... Invited as a Judge, WOW❗😮  (And , btw, that would have been at 16 yrs old❗❗)

Pau smiling... she has such fun & joy playing. It enhances the enjoyment of watching her play, too.

Edited by Drew1903

On 2/29/2020 at 1:04 AM, Drew1903 said:

OMG, these may be covers, but, they are from 6 or 7 years ago (puts Ale at about 8 or 9)... Just notice the musicianship & try to forget how old they are or were at the time..  The 2nd one (Gaga)... WOW❗

Yesterday I told another friend about The Warning.  Played or started playing "When I'm Alone" for him... after the first very few bars he was hooked & super-impressed.

Ale was 11yo on the studio version of Enter Sandman...April of 2015, just fyi.  I'll upload their covers of Crazy Train and Sweet Child of Mine in future TBT YT vids.

Edited by Elvin W

Here, I found something, really, interesting.  This is their DEBUT EP from 2015.  You can read about about it HERE.

And this is using the picture in the Opening Post to this thread.  It went with this (which, I didn't know at the time).

These are live from the same time.  15, 13 &10 years old.

Edited by Drew1903

Names such as John Prine, Nancy Griffith, Bonnie Raitt, The Coors & such are going through my mind. The music sounds great, BUT, it's the caliber of the writing, both the words & the music, that is mind boggling... especially from such young minds!

I know, for sure, I wish I had discovered the EP long ago❗ This messes me up more than the 2 full albums. This quality of playing & THE WRITING from these 3 at their age (at the time) is a hard thing to swallow. I'm trying to cope...

2 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

I know, for sure, I wish I had discovered the EP long ago❗ This messes me up more than the 2 full albums. This quality of playing & THE WRITING from these 3 at their age (at the time) is a hard thing to swallow. I'm trying to cope...

I hear ya.  It's really something otherworldly to have one child with this gift, but all three?  I discovered XX1CB before the EP, but I bought the EP pretty much as soon as I knew it was out there.  I've read a few times the EP was basically a homework assignment given to hem by their music teacher at the time.  Each had to write, compose record a song(s). This was apparently before the Enter Sandman thing and the EP was never intended to be released.  Elvin W can confirm or crush that scuttlebutt, pretty sure he's been with them for a long time. 

So, err, I guess you like the Billie Eilish cover?😀  I had never heard of her until Dany covered that song.  I looked her up and listened to a live version by Billie.  Not may bag, but she is good in her genre, can't deny talent even if the music is not particularly to MY liking.  There are many covers of that particular song on YouTube, not one, not even the original can come close to conveying the emotion Dany does here.

I haven't listen to Wish you were gay, yet.  I should, I will.  I never listened to Billie Eilish... heard her on TV recently, didn't thrill me.  Now that you mention it, yes, the EP was due to a homework assignment.

QjgnVPm.jpg

In an unfortunate turn of events, after waiting until the last possible moment and taking all factors into consideration. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, It is with with shattered hearts and regret that we are forced to announce the POSTPONEMENT of our upcoming North American Tour 2020. 😣💔
We have immediatly started working with our management and agents to reschedule the tour for later this year. There will be news regarding tickets soon! We are sad...😢 to say the least, all the work, sacrifice and efforts of so many people went into planning and making this happen…… but we are even more worried about the worldwide situation and ask everyone to take the necessary precautions to stay safe. We will always keep the safety and well being of our team and of course our fans as a top priority.🙌🏼 The show WILL go on!😎🤘🏼This too shall pass. Thank you and we love you.

The Warning Family

It is a bummer.  Truth be told, if The Warning hadn't taken this step, most of the venues likely would have cancelled anyway.  There is an all Patrion live chat scheduled for some time this weekend.  

It's a bit out of hand.  Compared to H1N1 and a few other recent pandemics, this is pretty insignificant.  I don't mean to downplay it.  I personally take these things seriously, but I always do, not just when it's an outbreak of some kind.  I am in and out of medical facilities daily for my work.  Minimizing risk and exposure is part of my daily routine.  I get the limiting exposure policy, but if we are in a panic over this why aren't we in the same panic EVERY flu season where 30,000 people die each year in the US alone????  H1N1 had 61M infected with 12K deaths in the US. 575K deaths worldwide from H1N1...  So far this thing is comparatively nothing at all.  Unless this is about to get much worse and we haven't been told the whole story, this is being way over hyped.  I truly understand and fully support The Warning's decision here, but I just wonder if it and every other cancellation, (the freaking NHL is out?!?!), is based on good information. 

Dan, seems many feel there is a lot of over-reacting happening.  Maybe, it's trying to 'err on the side of caution' or they are thought to be proactive preventative measures to avoid things being worse.  I, certainly, don't know. What I do know is... the venue in Vancouver earlier today said they were refund tickets asap... now, they are saying, it's being postponed, although, new date unspecified at the moment, but, that tickets will be applied to the new date.  Indeed, The Warning had said postponed not, cancelled.

Last year during the 500 Patreon live chat I floated the idea of them doing a live stream now and then on either Twitch or YouTube of them rehearsing a few songs. They replied that they never heard of Twitch... But now with everything being shut down doing live streams could be a huge revenue stream for them until they can start touring again...

2 hours ago, Maddog Jones said:

Just watched the other version without the chat overlay... Pau was on friggin' fire!

This ⬆  IS, now, that version. I switched them.

And, yes, Pau was, absolutely, on a tear❗ She had me captivated and putting bits on rewind and repeating 😁🔥  There's an old tune Fire Drum Song... suits Pau 😄 

Oh, geeez, that was, actually, Flower Drum Song, I was thinking of which, doesn't work, at all,  I think it's from South Pacific, as I think about it a bit more. But, a moot point since any cleverness is gone, Harumph  😕

Edited by Drew1903

Here is a different view of the Vive Latino concert yesterday

THIS is what a World-class act looks like & sounds like.
THIS IS how it is done, an epitome of the art-form.
The rest can take notes, observe, learn & strive.

It, really, is a bloody big deal when you open for Def Leppard... especially, when you're that age & yet sound & look like you've been doing it for decades AND super-fine ORIGINAL material, to boot.