idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

New Board Features Discussion

Rate this topic

Just now, Tom said:

I'll have to check that on my phone later. I've only used it on my desktop PC and it's fast on there.

Polls are still a thing. I thought they were enabled but maybe not? I'll look into that later.

thanks! I just noticed it

Oh wow, the recommended feature is a thing? I wasn't even aware. 

cant change my own siggy, keeps saying too many images, someone else has the same problem. only was posting 1 jpg in there

15 minutes ago, istersay said:

cant change my own siggy, keeps saying too many images, someone else has the same problem. only was posting 1 jpg in there

There are individual signature settings based on usergroup. I'm tinkering with them now, starting with the moderator group. I set it to 5 images, 5 links, 5 lines of text, with the previous 500x175 pixel max image size. Let me know if you're able to update it now or not.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

There are individual signature settings based on usergroup. I'm tinkering with them now, starting with the moderator group. I set it to 5 images, 5 links, 5 lines of text, with the previous 500x175 pixel max image size. Let me know if you're able to update it now or not.

yay it worked!

1 minute ago, istersay said:

yay it worked!

Good to hear! Our previous rules allowed for 8 images which seems unnecessarily high? Are there people who actually need to use that many? Can we roll that back to say, 1 or 2? 👀

Just now, Tom said:

Good to hear! Our previous rules allowed for 8 images which seems unnecessarily high? Are there people who actually need to use that many? Can we roll that back to say, 1 or 2? 👀

yes I think so, people don't use blinkies anymore

okay I'm off to bed :tasiawave:

I had trouble with the board when I tried to access it on my iPhone earlier. Every time I clicked onto the previous page of a thread, it would log me out. Anyone else experienced this? :unsure: I wasn't able to quote posts because of that. 

12 hours ago, Drew said:

Oh wow, the recommended feature is a thing? I wasn't even aware. 

I like seeing my post up there. I feel so important. :wub:  :giggle: 

I'm sure you've all probably noticed by now but after much work, we've finally got ads working again. After being banned from Google Adsense for a very long time (primarily due to old embedded images on 3rd party websites being maliciously replaced with inappropriate images), we're finally back in Google's good graces and they're accepted us back into the program.

I know no one likes ads, but hopefully you can accept them being there and not block them. Our new hosting is pricier than our previous self hosting, and we're hoping the ad revenue will be enough to cover all the costs for hosting, plug-ins, skins, and other good things for the benefit of both the site and members.

We may try to tweak things over the coming weeks/months, but at the very minimum there will be some ads on the site. The ongoing costs of the site could reach $330 per month and every little bit helps. 🙂

12 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ve had signatures where I use icons and uploaded them all separately, so I’ve used up to five images in a signature before.

• Like 1

I wondered why ads magically started appearing again. lol It's OK if it helps the site though! 🙂 

1 minute ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

I’ve had signatures where I use icons and uploaded them all separately, so I’ve used up to five images in a signature before.

It's currently set to 2 images per signature but we can always look into increasing that. The more we put in a signature, the higher the possibility of display issues. It's more so an issue now because we're actually responsive in design (where as we only had the desktop version available before the upgrade). I'll be turning on mobile signatures soon and I want to ensure everything still looks right across all display types.

• Like 2

I'm now having a weird problem where I can't click above the line of text I'm typing in a post. :unsure: Like if I try to edit a line in a post I'm currently writing, it won't work. Anyone else? So strange these issues only popped up for me today.

1 hour ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

Same. I do that all the time. 

7 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I noticed my post count just shot down. fear2.gif.7033c7e13ce052c5fafb193cfe7f96c3.gif 

Same!! 😢 

OMG what happened? after all that time trying to preserve our accounts, we might as well have made new ones :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I'm now having a weird problem where I can't click above the line of text I'm typing in a post. :unsure: Like if I try to edit a line in a post I'm currently writing, it won't work. Anyone else? So strange these issues only popped up for me today.

Same. I do that all the time. 

its not hard to put 5 icons on the same image,  I'll shut up now :teeheewave:

49 minutes ago, istersay said:

OMG what happened? after all that time trying to preserve our accounts, we might as well have made new ones :lmao:

Yeah, and I could have had the chance to FINALLY change my username! Times are a changing indeed. :/ lol jk

It's okay. I don't mind losing merely over a thousand posts that don't link up anymore anyways. It's time I put up or shut up anyway. I've been on this board since 2009 and only had over 3,000 posts. Oops. :blushingwave:

Edited by Riza-Smithson

Oh man at the post count. I'm devastated. How did it carry over and then disappear?

7 hours ago, miss denise said:

I noticed my post count just shot down. fear2.gif.7033c7e13ce052c5fafb193cfe7f96c3.gif 

We can finally have more posts than @*Wallace

6 hours ago, istersay said:

So true! I could have changed my username, lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, istersay said:

its not hard to put 5 icons on the same image,  I'll shut up now :teeheewave:

I mostly did it so I could try different orders out. Or if I wanted to remove one later on, I could.

18 minutes ago, Star*Man said:

We can finally have more posts than @*Wallace

:dead: 

4 minutes ago, Sadora said:

So true! I could have changed my username, lol.

That's what I was thinking. I've wanted a new username for a while.

• Like 1