DWTS Australia

*Amanda

Ok, I love seeing all 4 remaining girls slay every episode. :wub: 

Kyly in the bottom 3 has me wary that her redemption arc won’t end in a win though. 💔

Finally some guys leave! It’s about time that happened.

Also, really at Todd saving Matty J? :wacko: But not that surprised because all these shows will never stop rewarding male celebs for doing the bare minimum. 🙂 

Some thoughts.

Fair eliminations for this episode. I do like Matty and Tom but they were the weakest of this group. Both had good runs and should be proud of themselves, especially Matty with being a newcomer/wildcard. Very pleased and happy for Kyly, Bec and Lincoln making the final. It is sad seeing Kyly landing in the Bottom 3 but I'm not too surprised. She's up against two well known/loved winners and fan favorites, so those 3 came in with bigger fanbases that she would have to make up for.

Maybe Todd pulled a CA and would have voted with his hormones with this vote?  :giggle: But badd him for that.

Hoping all the best for Ada, Luke & Renee to make it through tomorrow. That would be a really fantastic Final 6 if they all make it. I definitely fear about Manu, as he's the most recent winner. Jamie should be a lock to go.

9 hours ago, Rach88 said:

I don’t want to spoil anything for tomorrow, but the final 3 going into the grand finale isn’t exactly what everyone is expecting. 😬🤫

I don’t know the exact reason why/ what happens, but a frontrunner may be knocked out/withdrawn 

I'm scared 😬

21 hours ago, Rach88 said:

I don’t want to spoil anything for tomorrow, but the final 3 going into the grand finale isn’t exactly what everyone is expecting. 😬🤫

I don’t know the exact reason why/ what happens, but a frontrunner may be knocked out/withdrawn 

Ahh I was nervous about this and now I’ve just seen the result...interesting to see how this played out on the show as really disappointed by the decision

:(

Waiting for the wiki to update with the full scores/dances but result for night 6 in the meantime.

Jamie, Renee and Manu were in the bottom - it sounds as if it came down to Todd’s decision who saved Manu over Renee.

:angry:

Curious to see how this played out but Manu was at the bottom of the leaderboard and it looks like Renee had another good night (unless things changed in the dance-off) so I’m sure this will be a controversial decision with Todd saving a weaker male over a female frontrunner again. :/ I think Helen may have been the only judge to save her.

I feel like Renee would have been a great representative for the Wildcards to make it to the final with the other All-Stars 💔

Edited by *Lily

Updated with scores from Night 6:

Manu & Katrina - Tango, "Missionary Man", 29 (7,7,7,8)
Ada & Aric - Waltz, "Kissing You", 37 (9,9,10,9)
Jamie & Siobhan - Argentine Tango, "Por una Cabeza", 31 (7,8,8,8)
Renee & Jarryd - Rumba, "You Say", 34 (8,9,8,9)
Luke & Jorja - Paso Doble, "In the Air Tonight", 40 (10,10,10,10)

Disco marathon scores:
6 - Jamie & Siobhan
7 - Manu & Katrina
8 - Renee & Jarryd
9 - Ada & Aric
10 - Luke & Jorja

So Mark saved Manu, Paul saved Jamie and Helen saved Renee... leaving it down to Todd who saved Manu. :/ Really not sure what went on here for that messy mix in decisions by the judges!

While I was really rooting for Renee as the wildcard/underdog, I do think this is a mostly pretty strong final group, I still need more catching up to do on the last couple shows but I think my top faves at this point would be Luke, Bec, Kyly and Ada.

Edited by *Lily

Sad and frustrated but not surprised.  Todd has always been a bit sexist and biased against female contestants who are TOO good.  When he critiqued female contenders, he often accused them of cheating and taking dance lessons in the past which probably played a role in so many lesser-talented men winning over superior women.  

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

Hide contents

Sad and frustrated but not surprised.  Todd has always been a bit sexist and biased against female contestants who are TOO good.  When he critiqued female contenders, he often accused them of cheating and taking dance lessons in the past which probably played a role in so many lesser-talented men winning over superior women.  

I remember hearing in one of the early seasons that he gave one of the female contenders a 1 when the other judges scored her much higher because he didn’t seem to like her/her prior experience. And ever since then I’ve not liked him and wasn’t looking forward to him coming back.

:/

Also the time he was really harsh on one of the new pros a few seasons ago was super uncomfortable to watch :( 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Hide contents

I remember hearing in one of the early seasons that he gave one of the female contenders a 1 when the other judges scored her much higher because he didn’t seem to like her/her prior experience. And ever since then I’ve not liked him and wasn’t looking forward to him coming back.

:/

Also the time he was really harsh on one of the new pros a few seasons ago was super uncomfortable to watch :( 

Yep, 17 years old at the time Nikki Webster (Sasha’s celebrity partner in his one season in Australia).  She was a real contender but was eliminated in 6th place over three men much weaker than her (two of them even ended up with the lowest averages by the end of the season and the male runner-up was 6th in average behind FOUR women and eventual winner Tom Williams) after Todd spitefully scored her dance a 1 while other judges gave her 6s and a 7.  There was also the late Arianne Caoili who had taken ballet as a kid and salsa lessons months before she was asked to do DWTS.  Todd chose to bring it up during the semifinals of all times and accused her of lying about her experience, he later said she should just drop out if she didn’t like his words.

Ugh yes, the berating of Robbie on live TV was another low from Todd.  While Robbie was under-qualified as a pro, he did have an uphill battle with Torah being so much taller than him and the horrible song choice for their first dance.  Todd could’ve pointed out the lack of Foxtrot content without humiliating Robbie, saying things like “do you even know what a Foxtrot is?” is super unprofessional; even Craig and Len aren’t that rude.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#YIKES at all this Todd stuff. I thought Shirley Ballas was the worst it could get when it came to bias against females, but clearly not. All of this stuff about him being spiteful towards the females who happened to have dance experience in their past is gross and unfair.

Renee 😭 UGH she was the clear save here, but of course we’re saving the mediocre man and his not-that-great partner. 🙂 

I want one of Kyly/Bec/Ada to win to spite Todd and his ridiculous female hatred. 🙂 

Edited by *Amanda

11 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I had a feeling they wouldn't stay on YouTube for long. :( I was surprised the first 2 episodes stayed up long enough for all of us watch them. :haha: 

I finally found a place to watch the episodes, though. Looks like they upload the new episodes pretty quickly.

https://southhemitv.com/category/dancing-with-the-stars-au/

Thank you for this link! :hug: Been looking forever  everywhere for episodes.  :haha: 

YIKES, the judges really lost the plot tonight and are 100% to blame for this, except Queen Helen of course.

❤️ Uhh I do not get the reasoning for each judge to save a different person. I'm guessing they did it for dramatic effect or for Todd to finally get his way as he couldn't save 

Ughh poor Renee. 😢 So disgustingly robbed, it's not even funny. I wouldn't have been mad if she lost in the final as i wasn't expecting her to win but ugh. She 100% should have been in the final. And I feel like Jarryd often tends to get screwd over too (except last season

SO close to a flawless final here. Ada, Bec, Kyly, Luke & Lincoln are all deserving of their spots and am so glad all of them are there. Rooting for either of the first 4 to win, but would be ok with Lincoln. Manu being in the final is disappointing but not too surprising. I did fear he would be the one t rob an actual contender. Him winning over the others would be #yikes. 

I feel like a former winner will likely win. So I think it could be Ada, Bec or Luke to win. Lincoln might have a shot. I think Kyly and Manu are unlikely to win after being in the Bottom 3 in their respective groups. But, anything can happen.

Posted (edited)

I wish I could say I’m surprised about Manu making it over Renee, but unfortunately mediocre males robbing talented females while doing the bare minimum has become par for the course across all versions. :(  Yeah,  I feel really sad for both Renee and Jarryd here. Makes me even more happy that he got his win with Celia last season since this is the kind of nonsense he was dealt this season.

And yes I will keep ranting because this and Todd’s vendetta against females is ridiculous. 🙂  

I feel like a Kyly win would make most sense since the biggest narrative of the season has been “Kyly’s redemption” but I sadly don’t think it’ll happen. :( TBH I’d be happy with anyone but Manu winning at this point.

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

OKAY playing catch-up starting with Night 4. That montage clip of Daryl & Sonia as hosts was fun.

Manu & Katrina Salsa - It was fun but like...the technique still wasn't great? The judges actually told him "Who cares about technique because you had fun" and like can you please do your jobs and judge the actual dancing because that's what you're supposed to be doing? 🙂 And Todd gave him a 9, which is the same score he gives Ada & Renee and higher than what he gives Luke for far superior dances later in the show. And the 8's from the other 3 were still too generous as well. This felt like a dance that should get 6's and 7's at most. Make it make sense, please. :wacko: 

Renee & Jarryd Tango - A dance actually deserving of the 9's. She slayed again and delivered a fantastic routine. Easily the best of the 4 wildcards. And as always, Jarryd does a great job with the choreography.

Luke & Jorja Rumba - Such a gorgeous routine. :wub: Luke did an amazing job here. I don't understand the 8 from Todd when he's giving Manu a 9 for doing the bare minimum LOL. But he got 10's from the other 3. Very impressive. Anyway, I really like this a lot and Luke's certainly made a case for himself with this routine.

Jessica & Lyu Jive - UGH she had the exact same issues as Schapelle did with the Charleston. A dance that did not suit her, lacked energy, and was quite messy. It really was a struggle for her here. But #yikes at the 3 from Todd. I wouldn't have gone THAT low, the 5's and 6's from the other 3 were more accurate here. I feel bad for her because she showed so much promise and potential with her first performance. :( 

Jamie & Siobhan Cha-Cha - So, he pretty much danced as well as he did last week. Which puts him on the weaker side of this night and the cast in general. Glad to see they toned down the lifts here, but the technique still left a lot to be desired.

Ada & Aric Jive - Such a fun dance! The lifts were nice and the technique was great. She's proving herself to be one of the many contenders that this season has. Very deserving of the 37 it got from the judges.

Jessica & Lyu and Jamie & Siobhan in the dance-off. As much as I think the judges are overhyping Manu this episode, I can't complain too much because Jessica and Jaimie did have weak dances. And sadly, I can't disagree with the elimination. Sadly, the Jive just did not suit Jessica and it came at a really bad time for her. :( Not that Jamie is great, but he did dance better than Jessica so it's understandable why the judges saved him instead.

Routine Ranking

1. Luke & Jorja - Rumba
  2. Ada & Aric - Jive
  3. Renee & Jarryd - Tango
  4. Manu & Katrina - Salsa
  5. Jamie & Siobhan - Cha-Cha
  6. Jessica & Lyu - Jive

Had a hard time deciding my favorite dance between Luke, Ada and Renee because all 3 are great and there's a definite gap between them and the other 3 this week IMO.

12 hours ago, *Amanda said:

#YIKES at all this Todd stuff. I thought Shirley Ballas was the worst it could get when it came to bias against females, but clearly not. All of this stuff about him being spiteful towards the females who happened to have dance experience in their past is gross and unfair.

Reveal hidden contents

Renee 😭 UGH she was the clear save here, but of course we’re saving the mediocre man and his not-that-great partner. 🙂 

I want one of Kyly/Bec/Ada to win to spite Todd and his ridiculous female hatred. 🙂 

I certainly agree with you, Amanda.  This is frustrating beyond belief!  :argh:

Edited by Walker359718

Night 4 Thoughts!

Manu & Katrina - Salsa: Wow interesting how Manu got all 10s for this Salsa bak on his original season. Didn’t really look all 10s worthy but he did seem better back then. This Salsa was a definite improvement from his Foxtrot. He got to let loose, ham it up and really have fun with this. He brought the joy and his personality shone through here, and yeah this was a dance that suits him much more. The (technical) dancing wasn’t great or strong but it was good. He did good with the partnering work, solo dancing and the lifts. Lol the section of him showing off with his solo dancing was hilarious. :haha: The 8s were fine but the 9 was a bit much. Ooh and that 9 came from Todd because OF COURSE IT DOES. :rolleyes: I would have gone with a mix of 7s and 8s.

Oooh nice to see Tina Arena from Series 13. I know she was a great dancer on her season, and her Jive was pretty strong there.

Renee & Jarryd - Tango: And oooo Renee dancing a past Tina routine. Yikes @ her popping a rib while rehearsing that big lift move… goodness. But wow she looked so fierce in this dance! I thought she delivered a very sharp and strong Tango. She had a good frame and sharp staccato footwork. She moved with such sharpness and preciseness in her footwork. She was kinda animated with some of her facial expressions, and there did seem to be some parts where it looked like she was dancing through the pain but she was covering it up. And it was good that they took out that big lift, as that wasn’t necessary to further her pain. But besides that, this was another great dance worth 9s. I didn’t mind the 8 here. Omgg lol the hostess Sonia asking if they’re single, both are…. lol are they trying to start something up with them? :lmao: 

Aww Patti Newton from Series 7 was’t too good but she seems like she was a lot of fun.

Luke & Jorja - Rumba: LOL Jorja’s cracking on Luke comments of him being the only male celeb wanting to re-do the Rumba. :haha: But wow interesting on Luke to take on the Rumba. His S8 original Rumba looked really good technically but not all the way there emotionally. But okay this time, wow this was a really gorgeous and beautiful dance. Lue is very lyrical and expressive as a dancer an all of his movements. He really showcases nice elegant lines in how he uses his arms and hands. But more importantly, he partnered and showcased Jorja well but showcased himself well too. He had good footwork and hip action and all around very fluid dancing. And they had such a great emotional connection to each other too. Beautiful storytelling from them. And also up there as one of the best male Rumbas too. The 10s were deserving. Shocked by Todd’s 8, which was ridiculous when he had nothing negative to say. 

Jessica & Lyu - Jive: Oooh I always wanted to see a Jive to “Joker & the Thief.” And ooo this was a Kate Cerbano routine. Ooh this intro routine with Jessica kinda regretting picking this routine was a bit scary. But LOL her “we’re hot, so it doesn’t really matter” with Lyu being worried about the routine. Lol she has a funny snarky personality. :haha: But oh my… this routine was A LOT. A heavy rock ’n roll routine with so much energy is so different from her previous dance but this is one of those kinds of dances that doesn’t support the celeb in the right light at all. :( They were dancing was on two very different levels. Lyu was dancing at 200% with so much energy and bounce while Jessica’s dancing was more tame, softer an not nearly as sharp & dynamic. The technique sadly wasn’t there. She did perform and play up to the rock character well, but she did lack stamina & energy for the dance. I do believe she tried her hardest with her saying it but yeah it’s a case of the dance not suiting her. The 3 was very harsh… but I can agree on those 5s. But gah she looked like she wanted to pass out while getting the scores.

OMG this Red Symons guy saying “Todd’s a bi**h.” :dead:

Jamie & Siobhan - Cha-Cha: Oooh lol them wanting to ggo back to Jamie’s Man Power days. Lol they wanted to go for this super steamy Cha-Cha here…. interesting. Omgg them with all of that black leather. :dead: The was looking like some “Too Hot for TV” dominatrix kind of routine. Hmm I thought he did decent with this. He had good fun with this and seemed to be enjoying himself. I did like the Cha-Cha partnering sections of the dance. His technique wasn’t amazing but it was good/passable. He did maybe attack in the wrong way where it came off kinda too hard? The lift was seamless and made more sense this time around. omg Helen wanting to see him getting out of the outfit. :dead: The 7s and one 8 was fair. And OF COURSE not surprised Todd gave the 8 and the other judges giving 7s. Todd giving 8s to Jamie and Luke is beyond odd.

Fun clip of Kylie Gillies from Series 9. She wasn’t too good but she had fun.

Ada & Aric - Jive: It’s fun seeing Ada & Aric getting to re-do one of their routines, as they are the only couple that et to reprise a routine with both people. omgg these clips of them showing Ada struggling with the lifts…. so hilarious. :dead: Aww this routine was so arable and fun. Loved the traveler/hotel concept to it. But her dancing and performing was fantastic. She was so full of joy, energy and personality in how she performe this. She was light, precise and bouncy in her footwork. And she really sold the story of the dance so well. She actually did a fantastic job on all of those lifts too. Such a difference from the rehearsal clips. :omg: Although one of the over flip/turns weren’t too smooth and slick like it could have been. I think it was a little too many risky lifts that kept this from being a perfect routine. Still a fantastic dance. I do agree on the 9s and nice  at the 10.

Rankings:

1. Luke & Jorja - Rumba
  2. Ada & Aric - Jive
  3. Renee & Jarryd - Tango
  4. Manu & Katrina - Salsa
  5. Jamie & Siobhan - Cha-Cha
  6. Jessica & Lyu - Jive

Lol it’s so crazy and anti-climatic how they had Luke & Jorja in the last 3. :lmao: Not surprised with the Jessica & Lyu vs. Jamie & Siobhan dance-off. This is a fair Bottom 2. But i do feel bad for Jessica having to re-do this dance when she did not want to. There wasn’t much of a difference with these to dances in the dance-off. I do agree with the judges decision to save Jamie as he did have the better dance. Really sad to see Jessica go as she showed so much promise with her VW. :( Wish she could have gotten the chance to redeem herself. 

• Like 1

Renee made her comeback to Extra, where she talked about her time on DWTSAU. Mainly of her talking about how hard and challenging the show was. Her message from John Travolta wishing her luck was there too. I believe this was filmed before the latest episode aired. It was cool seeing her back on there as she hasn’t been on there for awhile. 😄  

Night 5 Thoughts!

Lincoln & Lily - Jive: Yay it’s nice to see Lincoln take on a Latin dance now. He looked so young on this original Jive he did. Yikes @ some of Lily’s hair coming out in those lifts they were practicing. But this was definitely a great dance and a breakthrough for Lincoln. I think the Jive really suited his personality, as he got to let loose and have so much fun here. This was such an electrifying dance too with the rock & roll style. He was fast, light and precise in all of his footwork. The partnering dancing was great and fast. He had so much energy, but never lost it and was so clean. There were lots of cool tricks and lifts throughout.His best dance! Lol the flirting between Helen and Lincoln is absolutely hilarious. :dead: I do agree with the 9’s - and don’t mind the 8 or 10 as it balanced out to a fair score. Aww I loved his excitement for his first 10.

Ooh nice Paso clip from Rachel Finch. She’s really gorgeous. Nice how she and her pro partner are married.

Kyly & Gustavo - Contemporary: Oooh it’s so interesting seeing a dance I have actually seen in full before on live time I watched the season (which was years ago). Ooh aww love how hungry she is for those 10s and awww her talking about her daughter was really sweet. The original version of this dance was gorgeous, and so was the new version. Wow the way she danced this was so impressive. She has such gorgeous legs but used them in such a technical flawless way - she had such stunning technique here. But more importantly was the strong emotional connection and storytelling Kyly had and showed with Gustavo. It was so moving and bone chilling! :omg: A flawless dance. LOL Helen saying Gustavo’s wife, Jorja, wouldn’t like seeing them do this dance. :haha: Agree with the 10s but Todd’s 8 was ridiculous (his critique was fine but a 9 would have been fine). 

Not too impressed with Season 3 Dawn Fraser’s dance clip but it’s always nice seeing past starts regardless.

Tom & Alexandra - Cha-Cha: Ooh I am not surprised Tom decided to reprise his iconic Freestyle dance, cause lol that’s even a dance that I feel I know / have seen multiple times despite not watching his season. :haha:  But wow interesting how they turned that into a Cha-Cha. I do feel like with how big this dance was for his Season 2 journey and the hype around it, this is a big dance to live up to. I don’t know or think he did so here, sadly. With that said, it was nice to see him letting loose and have fun here. The opening was fun and hot and they did play up to the sensual tease nature of the dance. I actually wasn’t expecting that faster part of the dance. Yeah the latter part with the fast Cha-Cha part, was kinda disappointed and left a lot to be desired. He did alright with what he was given but his dancing seemed soft and tame on those partnering parts. There also wasn’t much Cha-Cha content which I agreed with the judges on. Alex was really fierce in those parts. So yeah it was fine but sadly this dance didn’t live up to its original version. The 7s and one 6 were fair (the 8 was a bit high but eh). 

Oooh I do remember Larry Emdur on the show, from Series 15.

Matty J & Ruby - Samba: LOL Why am I not surprised they would have someone reprise a Chris Hemsworth dance… but Matty J is the perfect wildcard to do so. Lol I love Matty’s excitement getting to be Thor and lol his obsession with him was funny. LOL Matty was hilarious in this whole intro video. But it’s good on him choosing a dance from someone not good as he could do a better job with it but… at the same time, yikes at choosing the Samba too. LOL this was actually a really fun dance and much better than what I was expecting. I love how Matty really embraced the Samba feel, let loose and really had fun with this. He didn’t care of potentially looking like a fool or what but just wanted to have a good time! He had lots of fun going all out and shaking it. But he did much better than I expected. He did well with all of the partnering and had some decent hip action in there. There was still a little bit of stiffness in there with some of the partnering. I did like those breakdown parts of the dance toward the end. It was fun. His best dance too! I think a mix of 7s and 8s are fair.

Bec & Craig - Cha-Cha: Ooh another Cha-Cha! Aww Bec is so adorable with her reaction of re-watching her original Cha-Cha. Ooh she has a Jazz dance background. 😛 Surprised Todd doesn’t hate her. But ooooo this was a really fun and hot Cha-Cha here. Lovee the song choice too. But wow this was such a different side to Bec here. She got to show off this fun hot sexier side of her and really let loose and had fun here. :bobo: The partnering dancing was really great and sharp. She hit all of her moves with sharpness and attack to it.  But she really shone on her own. She had great hip action - with great fluidity and attack in her dancing. Wow that last lift move went by so fast, I couldn’t take it all in but it was so good! :dead: I do agree this was like her most grown up dance she has done, which was so unexpected. Fantastic dance and such a showstopper. Yayy for all of the 10s, though I am surprised with Mark’s 10 as he had some critiques about this.

Rankings:

1. Bec & Craig - Cha-Cha 
  2. Kyly & Gustavo - Contemporary
  3. Lincoln & Lily - Jive
  4. Matty J & Ruby - Samba
  5. Tom & Alexandra - Cha-Cha

Don’t really know who to put at 1st between Bec or Kyly. I’d probably give it to Bec as the was a dane I didn’t see coming from her + I had Kyly first the other two weeks. So I’ll give it to Bec here.

LOL these a-thon things…. I can never really see who was best or not. No surprises with Matty J and Tom being the first two out. Aww sad for Kyly as the 3rd out. But lmaooo I dont’ get how Bec & Craig ended up wining when they were on the ground for a small section of the dance at the end while Lincoln was dancing his heart out and still won. :dead: I get it was par of the choreo but still so weird. :haha:

So a Kyly & Gustavo vs. Tom & Alexandra vs Matty J & Ruby Bottom 3. It’s kinda crazy having the celebs do an original solo dance, a a-thon dance and a dance-off dance of the original routine. Sad for Kyly landing down there…. but it was going to suck have one of Bec/Kyly/Lincoln down there. :( Matty and Tom down there were fair. There wasn’t really much noticeable difference in any of the dances in the Dance-Off to me. I am glad the judges advanced Kyly through as she most deserved to be in the finale. :yes: Todd choosing Matty is interesting although I CAN agree that Matty started off from nowhere and did  show great growth. But yeah it was nice seeing Tom  as he’s such a big name in the DWTSAU franchise. While his All-Stars journey didn’t quite live up to that, I did still enjoy him and his dances. And Matty is probably the celeb that has showcased the most growth. He was such an underdog but improved and gave it his all in these 3 episodes. I do wish he could have benefitted, been more of a contender and had more of a journey on a regular season. But he was great fun!

I’m hoping to watch the Night 6 episode tomorrow before Sundays final so fingers crossed I can get that done! :haha:

Night 6 Thoughts!

Manu & Katrina - Tango: Interesting how Manu opened the Group 2 show two times in a row. Ooof another ballroom dance for Manu, makes me worried for him. But uhhh WHATTT @ their costumes and make-up here? That was an insane getup. :dead: The rehearsals didn’t look too promising and sadly the actual dance wasn’t either. It was an improvement from his last ballroom as he didn’t look nearly as uncomfortable. But there was still a bit of a stiffness in his dancing. Although that can be fine with ballroom but something felt a bit off with like a lack of sharpness in his movements. I also didn’t really get or buy the character from him in the dance (which the judges also commented on) - he seemed a bit smiley in here and didn’t really sell the dane, which didn’t work for me. I would say the 7s are fair but didn’t really agree on the 8.

Oh I remember Lynne McGranger from Series 14…. she robbed Ricki-Lee Coulter that season. :broken:

Ada & Aric - Waltz: It’s nice to see Ada tackle a slower ballroom dance after two fast Latin dances. Aww she was so cute with her excitement of doing the Waltz and loved doing it on Season 3. Lol her Waltz rehearsals was actually quite hilarious. :lmao: Ooh Lynne showed up here, which is probably why they play that dance clip of hers. It’s funny how Ada (and Lynne) said she wasn’t graceful and yeah in the rehearsals, she wasn’t. But it was a totally different story in this dance. She was really elegant and graceful in this dance. She had beautiful footwork and she had a really good frame in hold here too. I loved that part where she spun around on her leg and then they went into a seamless lift. i also loved the last big lift at the end too but I can get how it was a little awkward because it wasn’t as seamless and effortless as the other lift. So I think a matter of too many lifts can ruin a flawless perfect score for them. This dance had such a lovely romantic quality to it. But regardless of the lift comment, I agree with the 9’s and one 10 this dance got.

Oh dear at this Derry Hinch Samba clip from Series 2. This was a mess. :dead:

Jamie & Siobhan - Argentine Tango: Ooh wow Jamie got the huge dane in the Argentine Tango. Gahh I wish one of the stronger dancers got this style but at least we got to see one here. It’s interesting seeing this serious and passionate side of Jamie here. Hmm this dance was how I felt with all of his other dances, this was a decent effort and not bad. I do think he id well in leading Siobhan. But I felt there was a lack of slickness and gliding in his dancing. It all felt stiff/tight and he seemed to be thinking through the dance rather than feeling and bringing the proper passionate emotion into the dance.  I noticed him looking down a lot to get the footwork right, so that lacked a natural feel to the dance. There were some really cool lifts at the end of this. Siobhan was flipping fierce in this though. :wub: But yeah a good effort from Jamie and his best dance but think it could have been stronger with more practice. The 7 and mostly 8s are fine but would have gone in with more 7s.

Fun Salsa clip of Anh Do.

Renee & Jarryd - Rumba: Lol they are so fun and silly in their intro video. :haha: lol She’s too cute with how silly she was. Although lol the end of that clip looked and felt very showmance-y. :haha: This was a really beautiful and gorgeous Rumba from Renee. It’s lovely seeing this softer side of Renee here. She really capture the vulnerable emotion of the song and style so well. Her performance was so bone chilling. She & Jarryd had such beautiful and believable chemistry here. I was really captured in their storytelling here. But her dancing was so beautiful, elegant and had a great lyrical quality to it. She had great Rumba technique - with great hip action, Rumba walks, partnering dancing and it was all just high quality top notch dancing. :wub: Also really loved the last sequence of lifts they did here. Hmmm interesting on how critical Todd and Helen were here. I mean I know they know what they are talking about but i didn’t really see those issues. The 8s did seem low but I could get it with the comments but i agree on the 9s here.

OMGG this clip of Ian “Dicko” Dickson from Series 3 - huh was this a Rumba he did? And him dressed as a fireman? I am so confused. :dead:  Yikes @ Helen’s stomach comment on Ian there.

Luke & Jorja - Paso Doble: Oooh luke taking on the intense and powerful Paso. I do love his excitement on getting this dance and he was really giving his all in those rehearsals even though stamina was an issue. Wow at how dark and intense his look was here.  So is he some werewolf or a vampire in this dance? But wow  this was one of those silent but deadly dances. I love how it was kind of a subtle quitter Paso at the start and then it goes… BANG BOOM, it gets all intense, powerful and aggressive! :omg: The way that Luke played his character was scary…. scary good! I loved all of that fast intricate arm work they did, but then they had all of that great strong Paso partnering in this! It was all so fast and precise. He had great Paso shaping in his lines here. He had great Paso technique and footwork. And oh wow that loud growls he did…. he was SO INTO the  dance, yikes. :dead: It was so scary… but SO good! I was really into the storytelling and performing here. Then that ending where he grabs her by the head an bites her neck? Yikes. And omgg his red eyes! This was crazy good and felt like a horror film. Really showstopping and amazing dance! :omg: My only complaint which has nothing to do with this dance is that I wish we could see a fun happy side to him as we never got to see that in his dances here. I also haven’t watched enough DWTSAU but I would feel confident in saying and wondering if he’s the best male dancer on the DWTSAU franchise. 😮 Actually very deserving of all the 10s this dance got!

Rankings:

1. Luke & Jorja - Paso Doble
  2. Renee & Jarryd - Rumba
  3. Ada & Aric - Waltz
  4. Jamie & Siobhan - Argentine Tango
  5. Manu & Katrina - Tango

The Disco a-thon was a lot of fun but as always it’s hard to really watch or get how they are doing when there’s 5 couples there. But I’ll provide some thoughts. Aww Jamie being eliminated first but I think I agree because he didn’t really standout much whereas Manu really hammed it up. I thought all of Renee, Ada and Luke did a fantastic job here. I do think Ada brought joy and great dancing but I felt Renee brought that too and more risky lifts so I would have had her place 2nd here. Luke brought the Disco flavor, great dancing but lots of impressive lift So I do agree with him winning this.

Very pleased for both Ada & Aric and Luke & Jorja being called safe and into the finals, as they deserve! Manu & Katrina and Jamie & Siobhan being in the Bottom 3 is fair. But it does hurt seeing Renee & Jarryd down there. :( Hmm interesting Manu looked more intense and scary in character of the dance, even thug hue and Katrina didn’t have all of that insane make-up on the dance off version. :haha: Didn’t really notice much difference in Jamie’s or Renee’s dances.

Ooh its so odd that all of the judges saved different couples. Mark saved Manu for being the celeb who grew the most from the dance….. which yeah he did, but he wasn’t the best one of those dances. Paul voted for Jamie as he took onboard his advice and flew with it? OK. Thankfully Helen voted right in saving Renee, as the Rumba is her favorite dance and notes how it’s hard to ignore when it’s danced really well. I honestly feel this was all set up to let Todd finally have a say to vote. Thats the only conclusion I can come up to all of this. YIKES then as we all know Todd seriously effed it up in voting for Manu. 😐 His reasoning being that Manu’s dance made him feel soo I guess he voted with his heart and his dance was his favorite of the 3? :? It still doesn’t make sense to me. Well let me say, well done to Jamie getting this far. I enjoyed him but ti was time for him to go. I am so sorry to Renee on getting so disgustingly robbed like that. She held it down for the wildcards and delivered 3 versatile top notch dances. She really deserve to be in the final…. ugh I am still so mad. :broken:

But yayy I am so glad to have caught up just in time for the Finale which is happening in a few hours time!