• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems that we could be getting an All-Star season of this in the new year. 😮    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9071555/Seven-Network-confirms-stars-version-Dancing-Stars-hit-T

Can we get Craig on the US show immediately?

I have come in here to express my thoughts on DWTS Australia being cancelled (and I might go on a rant, so excuse me about that in advance).   I agree with some things that @DWTSFan2001 has

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Thanks Ariel and Wally for all the updates on this! I've been only really checking the Instagram page... but I just did a search and it looks like the whole cast has been confirmed now since there's an official cast pic. 😮 

1615788426403_GQM36I6KE.1-2.jpg?imwidth=1024&impolicy=wan_v3

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment/tv/schapelle-corby-bec-hewitt-manu-feildel-among-cast-of-dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-ng-b881821431z

Full cast:

Renee Bargh - TV presenter, former Extra reporter (wildcard)
Lincoln Lewis - actor (season 9, 5th place)
Ada Nicodemou - actress (season 3, 1st place)

Matty Johnson - former Bachelor (wildcard)
Luke Jacobz - TV presenter & actor (season 8, 1st place)
Kyly Clarke - model (season 14, 9th place)
Tom Williams - TV presenter (season 2, 1st place)
Bec Hewitt - actress (season 1, 1st place)
Jamie Durie - TV presenter & landscaper (season 6, 4th place)
Manu Feildel - chef & TV presenter (season 11, 1st place)

Erin McNaught - model & actress (season 12, 11th place)
Schapelle Corby - media 'personality' (wildcard)
Jessica Gomes - model (wildcard)
Fifi Box - radio & TV presenter (season 6, 2nd place)

Seems like an interesting cast and excited to see how this plays out. 😮 I was hoping to maybe see some people from the rebooted series but also it'll be nice to see some of these people from older seasons who I know less about, such as Bec, Tom and Ada, and to get to know them more. The wildcard twist is interesting as well - I've heard vaguely about Schapelle, but I also remember Renee from doing some work on DWTS US in Extra interviews, I think.

The early outs are an interesting addition too. :haha: Kyly is a nice pick, I remember her doing very well in her short time before having to withdraw so it'll be nice to see her get another chance. Erin is also probably the one I am most familiar with - although a total random pick in this group being a first out. :dead: But I'm excited to see her and how she does.

Bringing this over to the next page.  

Updated pairings:

Renee Bargh & TBA

Lincoln Lewis & Lily Cornish

Ada Nicodemou & Aric Yegudkin

Matty Johnson & TBA

Luke Jacobz & TBA

Kyly Clarke & TBA

Tom Williams & Alexandra Vladimirov

Bec Hewitt & Craig Monley

Jamie Durie & TBA

Manu Feildel & Katrina Patchett

Erin McNaught & TBA

Schapelle Corby & Shae Mountain

Jessica Gomes & Lyu Masuda

Fifi Box & Jeremy Garner

?? & Jarryd Byrne

?? & Jorja Freeman

?? & Gustavo Viglio

I thought Renee might be with Jarryd since he implied his partner was new to dancing but that would mean Gustavo had Erin or Kyly who might be too tall for him.  I think Renee will probably be with Gustavo since she’s the same height as Chloe Lattanzi.  Not putting them together just yet until there’s solid proof.  

Luke is one of the best male winners that I’ve seen so far in Australia, glad he’s part of this season.  Hoping Megan or Siobhan come back to dance with him since their past partners haven’t been very good (poor Siobhan with Curtly).  I like Jorja a lot but it would be nice to see female pros other than her and Lily go far this time.  

So happy for Kyly!  She showed so much potential before dropping out.  Her original partner, Damian, probably won’t be dancing with her this time; he seems to be in California at the moment and the pros revealed so far are currently residing in Australia.  

I haven’t seen Erin’s dances (I’m sure they’re available to watch since she was with Gleb) but her average score was higher than several contestants who outlasted her so she might be better than a typical first-boot.  

Manu is with Katrina from the French version so I’m not sure how he will fair despite being a past winner.  Katrina is one of the weakest pros in France; her track record is filled with first-boots and early eliminations, the only times she went far were when she had ringers and even then she didn’t meet expectations for them (Matt Pokora, well-known pop star and season 1 winner with weak competition; Brahim Zeibet, actual dancer and runner-up when he could’ve won; Brian Joubert, figure skater and third place who could’ve scored much better than he actually did, definitely not an Evan or Adam).  

Tom seems to be a popular and good winner so I’m happy that Alex got him, she’s had a rough last two seasons with Jimmy withdrawing near the end and Dean getting eliminated first.  

Overall though, I’m looking forward to this cast!  A few exciting new names and some good alumni.  

55 minutes ago, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

I was really hoping some of the better later season females would be there like Tamara, Haley Bracken, Ricki Lee, etc.

Too many early season people.

They're probably choosing early season people so the new contestants won't have a "disadvantage" competing against younger and more recent contestants.  Same with having some early eliminated contestants.  

Ugh Tamara would have been a great choice. I'm not too familiar with her but I see she was a strong dancer on her season. Of course I've been vocal in wanting Ricki-Lee in here. Emma (Season 15 winner) would have been great too. Oh well. :( 

Oooh some exciting news (for me and hopefully others): Renee & Jarryd are a partnership! :spaz: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdUS_jnsyt/

Yayyy this was what I wanted, so I am stoked! ❤️ 

I have done some more social media searching and found some more partnerships. I'll update it below.

Renee Bargh & Jarryd Byrne

Matty Johnson & TBA

Luke Jacobz & TBA

Kyly Clarke & Gustavo Viglio

Jamie Durie & Siobhan Power

Erin McNaught & Julian Caillon

Fifi Box & Jeremy Garner

Just need to find out Matty and Luke's partners. One of them will have Jorja. If Jorja gets Luke, then this could very well be her 3rd season of making the finals. :dead: 

Excited to be introduced to all these early-season celebs, as videos of this version are notoriously hard to find. :haha:

The inclusion of these random wildcard newcomers is interesting. :dead: Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

With some more social media gatherings, I found that the last partnership is Matty with Ruby Gherbaz (a new pro): https://www.instagram.com/p/CMhBNJhHEcN/. So these are all the partnerships.

Erin McNaught & Julian Caillon

Fifi Box & Jeremy Garner

Jamie Durie & Siobhan Power

Kyly Clarke & Gustavo Viglio

Luke Jacobz & Jorja Freeman

Matty Johnson & Ruby Gherbaz

Renee Bargh & Jarryd Byrne

12 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Excited to be introduced to all these early-season celebs, as videos of this version are notoriously hard to find. :haha:

The inclusion of these random wildcard newcomers is interesting. :dead: Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

Mr. Hemsworth got robbed for his DWTS return! 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some info on the upcoming season

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGPISRpqC5/

- The season begins on Sunday April 11th. It’s a two week season event, so that’s disappointing how short the season is. :( Though I wonder if this means there will be multiple episodes each week?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM3ANoVF0Ru/

- Todd McKenny, Helen Richey, Paul Mercurio and Mark Wilson all return as the judges.

Promo shots of the celebs: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBaC_IhbVo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBaOfInUO0/

Wait, only two weeks? :( Disappointing, but at least it’s something?

I want to do some type of Best Routine game like I usually do, but I’ll wait to see what the format of these two weeks is first. :dead: 

Ohh I did see about it being a two week special and forgot to post that here. :( A real shame but I’m interested to see how they convert the format especially with so many celebs in such a short time.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:54 AM, taylorkat said:

Two weeks? That's not much at all! :(

On 4/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, *Amanda said:

Wait, only two weeks? :( Disappointing, but at least it’s something?

I want to do some type of Best Routine game like I usually do, but I’ll wait to see what the format of these two weeks is first. :dead: 

Yeah I heard a rumor about that but didnt want to believe it, until seeing some clips of it on DWTSAU's instagram... so I figure it was true then :( But yeah, at least it's something..... better than nothing.

Ooh ahh yeah, depending on the format, you'll have to do some re-tooling, which I have no idea what you'll do there. :haha:  

22 hours ago, *Lily said:

Ohh I did see about it being a two week special and forgot to post that here. :( A real shame but I’m interested to see how they convert the format especially with so many celebs in such a short time.

Yeah I wonder what the format is going to be, how many episodes and all of that. It's going to be interesting.

Here’s some info regarding the format:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNWo9fBMQIa/

- Our 14 stars are set to dance over a 2-week competition.

- The leaderboard will be determined by a combination of the judges scores and studio audience scores.

- A dance duo will be eliminated from the competition every night.

- Only 6 dance duos will make it to the Grand Final and battle it out for the coveted Mirrorball Trophy.

So while it’s a 2-week event, it looks like we will get multiple episodes! 😄 I’m guessing we’ll get 8 or 9 episodes. So wow this is A LOT and such a fast forward event. :dead:  That makes sense since this is all pre-recorded. Gonna be hard to keep up with, but I’ll try my best. :haha:

And here’s a trailer of the new season: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNWz7SXFrRZ/

Ooh ok I like the idea of the format more now seeing it. I was nervous it was only going to be a couple shows and we’d not even see many dances from the top couples. :haha:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, *Lily said:

Ooh ok I like the idea of the format more now seeing it. I was nervous it was only going to be a couple shows and we’d not even see many dances from the top couples. :haha:

Ditto to all of this! So it will be like a regular timed type of season but just super sped up. :haha: But happy about that as we'll get lots of dances from the couples.

• Like 1

Oh okay, this format works but it'll be a lot to keep up with in a short amount of time. :haha: 

6 couples in the grand finale is a lot though. :dead:  Four is already pushing it, so six seems like it will be too much. :haha: 

On 4/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, *Amanda said:

Oh okay, this format works but it'll be a lot to keep up with in a short amount of time. :haha: 

6 couples in the grand finale is a lot though. :dead:  Four is already pushing it, so six seems like it will be too much. :haha: 

LMAOO Yeahhh 6 really is a lot. :dead: I'm surprised there aren't any double eliminations but maybe there may be some planned? Not sure.

Yayy this season finally comes on tomorrow! :spaz: Although it's already the 11th in Australia (as it's morning there now) sooo the episode comes on later on tonight there. :haha: 

According to Lincoln's instagram.... three episodes are airing back to back. Sunday night (the premiere) Monday and Tuesday night: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNb9rgCLX79/. They sure are going to keep us busy. :haha: 

First episode aired! Haven't seen any of the dances yet, some of them are on the official Twitter/Instagram pages it seems, but might wait in case there is a link of a full show to watch.

7 couples danced with the others dancing tomorrow:

Kyly & Gustavo - Jive, 33 (8,8,8,9)
Bec & Craig - Foxtrot, 31 (7,8,8,8)
Lincoln & Lily - Quickstep, 29 (7,7,7,8)
Tom & Alexandra - Tango, 28 (7,7,7,7)
Schapelle & Shae - Viennese Waltz, 26 (6,6,7,7)
Matty J & Ruby - Cha-Cha, 23 (6,5,6,6) - Bottom Two
Fifi & Jeremy - Cha-Cha, 22 (5,5,6,6) - Eliminated

Nice to see Kyly do well and score at the top! And for the two wildcards to survive the first elim too.