idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Amanda

DWTS Australia

5 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Some good news for once!

Thank goodness!  Glad they're okay.  

#bless! Great news for Christian & Lily. ❤️ 

Ah does anyone have full link episodes of this past week's episode? I only found one and it takes forever to load/play. Took like 20 minutes to watch 6 minutes of show. :/ 

8 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

Where can I find past episodes of this season?  I need to catch up.  

Sent you a PM!

Elimination spoiler:

Claudia & Aric vs. Dami & Shae in the dance-off. Judges voted to save Claudia & Aric.

Posted (edited)

Not surprised about this. Hopefully they all get to do Freestyles since it is the finale.

I'm assuming Christian & Lily's self-isolation ends soon then. They had to dance their routines on the roof of the hotel they were staying in this past week.

Edited by *Amanda

I imagine that they'll get to do Freestyles since they know several days in advance that it is the finale as opposed to the Irish version where the contestants found out a few hours before the show.

Also, some thoughts on the season since I just realized I haven't really shared any:

-Celia is by far my favorite. An amazing personality and a wonderful dancer. She hit a rough patch with her Samba, but has otherwise been fantastic this season. Her Foxtrot, Salsa, Charleston, Tango, and especially Jive are all amazing. So happy she got the first 30 of the season for that brilliant Jive! I really hope she wins, plus it would be great to see Jarryd finally win a season.

-Christian has surprised me, as I didn't expect much from him going into the season. He's been great though and his Contemporary is a true highlight of the season.

-Claudia is really good, too. Her Cha-Cha, Contemporary Rumba, and Foxtrot are all good moments from her but I feel she lacks the consistency of Celia and Christian.

_Ed has definitely come far and improved since his first few weeks, but he's the one I'm least enthusiastic about in this final 4. His Charleston this past week is really good though and definitely his standout routine.

-Dami tried, but outside of her Contemporary which was amazing, she wasn't good.

-Chloe was robbed. She was really good and had some great moments with her Charleston and Contemporary as well as her role in the team dance. I was sad when the judges chose to save Ed instead of her. I can't say I'm too surprised, though. Given the track record with winners on this version, the Australian public seems to hate females even more than all of the American, British, and Irish public somehow. :dead: 

-Travis started out with promise in week 1 and then crashed and burned.

-Beau was mediocre and forgettable overall.

-Angie had a good moment with her Tango, but other than that fell into the "not good" category

-Dean being the first boot is something this season got right. Both of his dances were terrible.

Overall, I've enjoyed this season.There have been moments of greatness and other than Chloe leaving too soon, I mostly agree with the elimination order. 

• Like 2

I know I haven't posted much, but I have a lot of thoughts about this season that I think I need to share about each contestant

- Ed is by far my favourite, and my favourite most improved and I reckon he will some second

- Celia is the favourite to win, and I think she will considering how far she has come since the beginning of the show

- Claudia is okay, hasn't done anything memorable, but deserves her spot in the top 4 (but I still like her), but I reckon she will come fourth

- Christian is my least favourite of the top 4 (considering everyone in the Top 4 is a favourite of mine), but he I reckon he will get third

- Dami was boring and should have gone sooner

- Chloe was going to go at this time, due to her injury, so I have no more to say about that, but she was great regardless

- Travis was boring and medicore, but loved his partner

- I loved Beau and he should have stayed longer, I think he was robbed a bit

- Angie was okay, but in the same category as Dean with the reality shows (too many to count), so I was sick of her being on this one

- Dean was boring and the fact that he was on another network reality show (Married at First Sight , different network) was over done and glad he was the first boot

This season has been great. There have been a few standaouts, like the Top 4. I agree with majority of the elimination (I would have liked to see Beau and Chloe go further), but other than that happy with the season

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 11:57 PM, *Amanda said:

@*Wallace check your PM's. (!) 

Thank you! :hug:  

I'm still two episodes behind. Hoping to find time to catch up on last week's episode

On 3/22/2020 at 11:05 AM, *Amanda said:

Sent you a PM!

Elimination spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Claudia & Aric vs. Dami & Shae in the dance-off. Judges voted to save Claudia & Aric.

That's a fair result. I loved Dami on XFAU but she was super disappointing as a dancer on DWTSAU.

:( 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:33 PM, *Amanda said:

Not surprised about this. Hopefully they all get to do Freestyles since it is the finale.

I'm assuming Christian & Lily's self-isolation ends soon then. They had to dance their routines on the roof of the hotel they were staying in this past week.

Aww I just went on the DWTSAU wiki page and saw this. :( Sad about it but not surprised they are ending this one week early.

Hopefully Christian & Lily can dance in the actual studio next week.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:57 AM, DWTSFan2001 said:

I imagine that they'll get to do Freestyles since they know several days in advance that it is the finale as opposed to the Irish version where the contestants found out a few hours before the show.

I was thinking that would be the case but ugh guess we won't get any Freestyles here either. :broken: 

On 3/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, *Amanda said:

https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a200324tsylj/dancing-with-the-stars-finale-to-air-this-sunday-20200324

This article says that they're dancing a style chosen by the judges and a Fusion dance, so no Freestyle I guess. :( 

Ughh noo, that's such a bummer about no Freestyles. :( So gah gonna be weird having another semi-final show treated as a finale.

Finally got around to watching the Week 6 episode.

Week 6 Thoughts!

It was really great seeing Courtney Act back on the show as a guest judge! :wub: It was great seeing her little dance segment with some of the male Pros too.

Celia & Jarryd - Charleston: Aww I’m really loving Celia’s journey on this show. She’s a comedian that didn’t think she could dance at all - but she and Jarryd are really working wonders together and it’s so great seeing what a surprise she’s been! The Charleston is a great dance that suits her personality, and she came of so natural and effortless in this dance. Celia danced and performed that really well - she provided really good technique and great performance skills. She had good footwork and the partnering + side by side dancing was all really strong and the tricks were impressive. Yeah the dance felt odd with lack of audience response because i could imagine the crowd going crazy for this. Great dance to open the show.

Ed & Jorja - Tango: LOL the JAWS (Jorja Appreciation week) segment was hilarious - with Ed coming up with that and Jorja taking advantage of it. :lmao: The scientist and robot theme was very interesting and not what I expected from them here. Ed did a solid job with this Tango. He did have a good sense of the sharpness and attack in his footwork. I thought he performed well but his facial expressions are still a little too much and distracting, and it didn’t completely work for me with the Tango. And i did think he was noticeably hunched over in his frame, which was distracting. I am glad Craig & Sharna mentioned that. Some technical difficulties but a good dance.

Claudia & Aric - Contemporary: Oooh ok so this was definitely amongst one of the most steamiest and passionate Contemporary routines I’ve seen in a long time. :haha: With Claudia being an actress, I would expect her to sell and emote the dance perfectly and she really did that so well. They really connected and had great chemistry together. I can get how the transitions probably wasn’t as smooth as it could have been like Craig mentioned, but that didn’t bother me too much. Claudia did dance this really well and showcased nice lines and technique. Def her strongest dance so far.

Christian & Lily - Quickstep: Lol the stages and rules of steps, technique, frame, performance and perfection intro video reminds me of Karim & Amy’s Quickstep where they did the same thing. :haha: This was a really great Quickstep rom Christian - and yeah really liked this a lot. This was quite fast paced and fun but very clean, precise and very well executed. Christian’s footwork was very quick, smooth and he was very light on his feet and glided through the dance. I think the only issue was his frame - it was a bit wobbly at some of the transition parts. And I feel the hold can be a bit awkward with their height difference but they do make it work as best as they can. I didn’t really see the gapping issues that Tristan mentioned.

Chloe & Gustavo - Paso Doble: OMGGG LOL Chloe’s intro video. She was talking about missing her kids and having Gustavo meeting them. I was like “I did not know se had kids” - only to find out they were puppies. :lmao:  This Paso had an interesting theme to it. I thought Chloe did well with the dance. She brought the drama and fire with her performance. I thought she had a lot of fire and attack with how she was dancing. I guess it lacked some cleanness and Paso shaping. It was kinda a bit too fast and hectic where her Paso lines weren’t real shown that well. But she did have good leg extensions. The comments were pretty positive with some constructive criticisms, so I am surprised she got all 7s and no 8’s - def deserve some 8s in there. I can see they were a little disappointed and tried hiding that but couldn’t.

Dami & Shae - Tango: Yikes them showing Dami’s Cha-Cha battle, I’d like to forget that happened. Hmm this Tango was interesting from Dami. At parts of this dance, especially in the beginning she looked strong and confident and like she was in control. But as the dance progressed and got onto the main dance floor, she…. didn’t have that strength and power anymore. It’s… when she gets in hold, she was really rough and awkward in there and the frame looks really off and uncomfortable and such. Her footwork was a bit shaky too. I think Dami emotes and performed better when she was out of hold but when she’s in hold, she loses that and it’s like Shae drags her around. >.< But aww she is a sweetheart with how she takes the criticism, and aww she broke my heart when she was commenting not representing the Asians well with her dancing. :(

Celia & Jarryd and Claudia & Aric - Freestyle (Team Sharna): Lol wow this is the 2nd time this season Sharna & Jarryd has dome some really hot dancing together. :dead: Okay this dance was really hot - and they brought a lot of fire and drama in this dance. But okay I do think and felt Sharna was too much of a strong focus on this dance - she danced A LOT of that dance with Jarryd and Aric  and it felt like a Pros dance number. Celia and Claudia did well with what they were given but it honestly felt they weren’t in the dance that much. :ph34rwave:  YESS like Courtney said, she said it very well. I wish the dance had more of the ladies all being featured and Craig’s comment of it feeling like the Sharna show. OMGG Tristan even said it felt like a Pro’s dance. Soo I don’t think Sharna pitched this to highlight Celia and Claudia. Besides that it was a hot dance and really enjoyed watching the build up.

Ed & Jorja and Dami & Shae - Freestyle (Team Tristan): Hmm it’s interesting how Tristan has the weakest celebs with Ed and Dami, and lmaooo Ed’s comments on Tristian being saddled with the team and his jokes on that. :lmao: It’s also interesting how Tristian made this into a fusion of various ballroom and Latin dances. Omgg….. uhh this was really interesting. Gosh ok this dance had me really confused and asking “WTH was going on? :dead: “ I think the concept was interesting but it was messy as a lot going on and hard for me to focus on what was happening. It had a comedic approach going on, which was fun. But it was hard focusing on Ed/Jorja and Dami/Shae and then Tristan. The dancing wasn’t great but Ed and Dami did well with war they were given Ed had fun and Dami seemed much more at ease in this dance. Although Tristan danced really well, which you should expect from him.

Christian & Lily and Chloe & Gustavo - Freestyle (Team Craig): Interesting that Craig went for doing anther Drag inspired theme dance. And lol that intro segment with the couples in those high heels - with Christian dancing/walking in those heels the best while Lilyy, Chloe and Gustavo were struggling. It’s actually kinda crazy seeing Craig doing drag in DWTSAU because I never saw or could imagine him doing that on Strictly, in all its 17 series. :lmao: Craig does shine in these drag roles and shone the most, but Christian also shone and was really in his element here. Chloe did well but didn’t standout as much. And oooo Gustavo in drag was quite hilarious but I love how he was really hamming it up and having fun with this. :haha: I do think they did well dancing side by side with each other. There wasn’t much or any partnering dancing an they couldn’t do tooo much movement with those big high heels. And yeah there could have been more dynamics and variety in the choreography content. Besides that, they all did well with what they were given. LOL the Craig and Sharna bickering at each other was funny. :haha: 

Rankings:

1. Celia & Jarryd - Charleston
  2. Christian & Lily - Quickstep
  3. Claudia & Aric - Contemporary
  4. Chloe & Gustavo - Paso Doble
  5. Ed & Jorja - Tango 
  6. Dami & Shae - Tango 

1. Celia & Jarryd and Claudia & Aric - Freestyle
  2. Christian & Lily and Chloe & Gustavo - Freestyle
  3. Ed & Jorja and Dami & Shae - Freestyle

The Cha-Cha Bottom 2 dance off was Chloe & Gustavo vs. Ed & Jorja. Ed did quite well with his Cha-Cha but omggg his facial expressions kills me every time. He is SO extra. :dead: But really he had great energy, pretty decent footwork technique and good partnering skills. He would have blown last week’s Bottom 2 out of the water. Chloe was really hot and did well in her Cha-Cha too. She showcased great lines and extensions but did well with the partnering, footwork and technique.  I can seee and get how Ed had slightly better Cha-Cha technique - and both improved on their Cha-Cha last week. This was realllyyy a tough tight decision. lol Yikes, Sharna’s saying Chloe didn’t have any straight legs in the Cha-Cha when Tristan was struggling to decide, wasn’t a good look. So Sharna and Tristan voted Ed to stay - but wow Craig would have voted for Chloe to stay. So that is wow. 😮 I feel like Sharna kinda influenced Tristan to vote to keep Ed which wasn’t right. Sad to see Chloe go, as she def should have outlasted Dami though. :(  

I’m rooting for Celia to win but it’ll probably be Ed or Christian given how much viewers hate women (seriously, look at how many men have won over higher-scoring women and how many women have actually won).  I’d also love to see Jarryd finally win because he’s been there for a while and had a lot of great partners who were robbed and Celia would be a great first win for him.  

3 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

I’m rooting for Celia to win but it’ll probably be Ed or Christian given how much viewers hate women (seriously, look at how many men have won over higher-scoring women and how many women have actually won).  I’d also love to see Jarryd finally win because he’s been there for a while and had a lot of great partners who were robbed and Celia would be a great first win for him.  

Celia is going to win, she was the celebrity who started the hastag #dancelikenooneswatching and it was a hit. I don't think a male celeb is going to win.

I just read Amanda’s and Steph’s season recap thoughts! Loved reading them both, and agree with a lot of points you both made! :yes: 

I’m also rooting for Celia to win too. She was the biggest surprise of the season. I feel so bad doubting her because of her being a comedian (who are normally not good), but she’s the best comedian celeb dancer on a DWTS/SCD show. And yeah I would also love to see Jarryd finally win - after so many talented celebs and making it to multiple finals. He’s one of my favorite pros, so i really would want this for Celia and Jarryd.

I think Christian also has a very good shot too. He’s really grown and was great these last few weeks.

Oh Amanda was quite spot on with Claudia. She’s been really good and had some really good moments too. But yeah I feel she lacks consistency and after her Cha-Cha, I was expecting her to slay the season, which she isn’t doing and Celia is doing. :ph34rwave: Still very good. 

And yeah I pretty much agree with Amanda on everything. If only Chloe made the Final 4 - with Ed getting 5th and Dami 6th, that would have made the running order even better. I do think Chloe’s injury hindered her potential. :( Oh actually I think Beau should have outlasted Travis and Dami too, even though I wasn’t too bothered there. But honestly, we lucked out with how things turned out so far. Just as long as Ed doesn’t win. :haha:

And yesss to Steph on loving Violeta (Travis’ partner), I will admit I was def crushing on her. :giggle: I’d love to see her with a potentially better partner next year.

I would predict this to happen….

4. Claudia & Aric

3. Ed & Jorja

2. Christian & Lily

1. Celia & Jarryd

I would want this to happen….

4. Ed & Jorja

3. Claudia & Aric

2. Christian & Lily

1. Celia & Jarryd

Although we could swap Claudia’s and Christian’s placements too. Haven’t watched this past week’s episode yet but hoping to see it later tonight.

I haven't fully watched this season but from everything I have seen I am also rooting for Celia! She's been a total pleasant surprise, I didn't expect her to be as good as she is (similar to what Wally said, I kinda pre-judged her by her profession, as I didn't know who she was before this). The growth from her first dance to her last few routines, such as her Charleston and Jive, is so impressive though.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching the Week 8 show...

WEEK 8 THOUGHTS

Ed & Jorja - Charleston: Ed getting the Charleston is perfect for him, as he certainly has the personality and performance skills to suit this style. Lol their comments of Ed’s height and Jorja wanting to get a good Charleston but of him was hilarious. I never really thought of his tallness working against him for this style. But without all of that talk, I thought Ed did a great job  with his Charleston. He performed this to a great high level with lots of energy - and he was really good on a technical level with his foot work and precision although he could have had more swivels. I thought he did great with most of the lifts, with the exception of that first cartwheel over the head lift, which was rough and not executed well. Without that mishap, could have been a 9 for me - but regardless this my favorite dance from him.

Claudia & Aric - Foxtrot: lol Them saying they’ve been married for 40 years with Aric being 34 was cute/funny. :haha:  This was a really cute and fun Foxtrot from Claudia. I thought Claudia dance and performed this pretty well throughout for the most part. It had a very nice theatrical feel to it. Some about her frame/hold position looked a little off and lose to me - like she didn’t seem firm and sturdy there like she could have been? But besides that, she did seem at ease and natural while performing and it was a joy to watch. These elegant ballrooms do suit her and for sure one of her better dances. Congrats to Aric and his wife expecting twins in July!

Celia & Jarryd - Tango: As overdone as this song choice is, it is really perfect for the Tango. Wow i am still amazed with Celia’s transformation with this dance. This was a really hot and steamy Tango - and Celia brought the fire and passion with how she performed this. :omg: Not only that but she delivered a strong technical dance - with a good solid frame and really good footwork. UGH it was a shame about the section where it seemed like her foot/leg action got stuck where they were doing those spins in the middle of the dance though. :’( She did seem a little off balance at certain sections. Besides those little things, she did a fantastic job. Kinda surprised Craig gave a 9, as I thought she would have gotten a mix of 8’s and 9’s.

Dami & Shae - Foxtrot: Lol I loved the clips of Dami rollerblading to get the glide and smoothness for the Foxtrot, as that makes me miss rollerblading / rollerskating when I was a kid. :haha:  And I love that “Clown” was used for her Foxtrot! Okay well, I liked this Foxtrot from Dami more than what I was expecting. Sure it wasn’t fantastic and there were some issues - but i thought she had nice softness and smoothness in her dancing, and she really connected with the dance and performed it with emotion. Yikes, Craig’s comments of feeling she lacked emotion - I thought she kinda had that. Her frame/hold position was better than usual, although not how it should be. Craig’s 4 was wayy too harsh here (as were his comments but that’s Craig). This was one of her better dances.

Christian & Lily - Viennese Waltz: So sad for Christian’s father testing positive for the CoronaVirus. :( But happy that Christian tested negative and is able to continue on the competition. It’s really interesting seeing their rehearsal process while in insolation. I always love a VW to “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World.” But I thought this was a really good and strong Viennese Waltz from Christian. He partnered Lily well, had good footwork, a good frame/hold and he moved with grace and glide. They used the stage well and had good movements and flow. They had great chemistry here too. The lifts were really smooth and effortless. Christian’s growth on the show has been great to watch. I didn’t see many mistakes so i thought this was the best dance of Round 1. Bad Tristan wit that 8, as I felt this deserved all 9s.

Ed & Jorja - Argentine Tango: While the Charleston was perfect for Ed, him also getting the Argentine Tango is quite… #yikes. :dead: LMAO I loved Ed & Jorja’s fearful and stressed comments of having the AT. :lmao: Hmm yeah this was a challenging style for Ed but I thought he tried his best. I thought he partnered and supported Jorja and tried connecting with her - but I would have liked more steamy chemistry and his posture was still kinda hunched like in his Tango, from last week. It was alright and he tried - but this wasn’t his dance. :( Hmm interesting with Sharna’s tough comments she still gave a 7. I’m fine with the mix of 6’s and 7’s, but would be more on the 6’s side.

Claudia & Aric - Paso Doble: The cowboy western theme was really interesting and cool for this Paso. Hmm this dance as a whole was interesting. I think it started off really well with the slower parts. Claudia got into the character - and had the fire and passion in her, and they set up the story of the dance well. Then it got to the faster parts, and it got a little awkward and weird. Maybe it was too fast and hectic. I guess it was her lacking Paso shaping and lines and some of her frame got a little loose. I was like “WHOA!” at Claudia doing the knee walks because you hardly see the woman doing the knee walks. 😮 Maybe it could have been executed better but I liked that from her. She did well for the most part.

Celia & Jarryd - Jive: lol Jarryd’s military boot camp for Celia. :lmao: Aww poor Celia, but awww i love how she wants to win for Jarryd and then herself. ❤️ This dance had a really cute theme with the pool table and jukebox and it was really fun to watch. But wow Celia did an amazing job with this Jive. She had great kicks & flicks, Jive leg action with her technique and was really light and precise with her footwork. Loved the partnering work they did and they had great and fun chemistry as always. Not only that but the storytelling was really entertaining. It was a great dance and made me really happy to watch. 😄 Congrats to her getting a perfect 30, which haas deserved.

Dami & Shae - Paso Doble: lol Dami’s playing as the bull in the intro video. :haha: Ooof, I feel bad for Dami having to follow Celia’s perfect scoring Jive. I still don’t like “Rise” for a Paso…. but that wasn’t the biggest issue with this dance. Yikes, this was really rough. This dance lacked any kinds of aggression and intensity and yeah the performance wasn’t there at all. And the dancing felt very Paso walking-by-numbers. It was an all around not good dance, especially at this stage of the competition. :( I think this was one of her worse dances. I just felt bad for Dami here. I’m glad the judges weren’t too harsh to her with their comments although those scores of 13…. told it.

Christian & Lily - Jive: Ooh yess I love how Christian & Lily danced a Jive to “Blinding Lights,” as I’ve been imagining a Jive to this song for quite while now. This was a really fun and entertaining dance from them. Christian had good energy, kicks & flicks and Jive technique throughout the dance. His height didn’t suffer from the dance. I did notice one part they were a bit out of sync unfortunately. They had good partnering and chemistry once again. Ooh with them dancing on the concrete ground and that putting them at a disadvantage, they still delivered strong dances.

Rankings:

1. Celia & Jarryd - Jive
  2. Christian & Lily - Viennese Waltz
  3. Celia & Jarryd - Tango 
  4. Ed & Jorja - Charleston
  5. Christian & Lily - Jive
  6. Claudia & Aric - Foxtrot
  7. Claudia & Aric - Paso Doble
  8. Dami & Shae - Foxtrot
  9. Ed & Jorja - Argentine Tango 
  10. Dami & Shae - Paso Doble

Claudia & Aric vs. Dami & Shae were the Bottom 2, and it was a great idea for them both to do the Foxtrot for this Dance-Off and I loved that they did a classic traditional Foxtrot here too. Both did a really good job. Claudia was stunning - with her in hold dancing and side by side dancing, and she danced at ease. And actually Dami was pretty good in this too. She performed and dance with the most confidence i’ve seen her. She seems relaxed and really enjoyed what she was dancing. And lol Tristan & Craig both saying this was Dami’s best dance… but they weren’t lying (outside of her Contemporary). :dead: But yeah the judges made the right decision in saving Claudia over Dami. Gah Dami is an amazing singer and I can’t say enough how much I really enjoyed her on X Factor Australia, and she came in as my pre-show favorite. So I really wished she was a better dancer. But well done to her making it to the Top 5 even if that was too long.

Celia & Jarryd won!!!!!!!!!!!  Christian & Lily were 2nd, Claudia & Aric were 3rd and Ed & Jorja were 4th.

• Like 1

YAY!!!!! So happy that Celia & Jarryd won.

:wub: 

How did I get so lucky to have my favorites win the most recent seasons of all of US, Strictly, Ireland, and now Australia? ❤️ 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Hide contents

How did I get so lucky to have my favorites win the most recent seasons of all of US, Strictly, Ireland, and now Australia? ❤️ 

That is very lucky, congrats!  Ally and Ryan were my personal favorites but I really liked Hannah and Lottie too so it wasn’t disappointment when they each won.  It’s been a good year for the recent seasons, fingers crossed that Germany has a good winner as well!  They have some great contenders this season!

Finally got around to watching the finale episode - as Fridays are usually my best day to do so (and lol eys I am posting this a day late). Loved the opening group pros number. And shockingly I made it through the whole week without being spoiled on any of the results - so it will be like I a watching the show  in live time. :haha: Wow at Craig judging the show from the UK.

WEEK 8 - FINAL

Celia & Jarryd - Samba: For the redemption round this was definitely the right choice for Celia as her Samba stood out as her weakest dance. I do feel bad for Celia getting the Samba as it is oh so hard. Okay this was a really intesting and different kind of Samba tat i never really saw before. It kinda had a funky Jazz/Hip-Hop feel to it. But Celia looked and dance this much more comfortably and confidently here. She  had really good solid technique and danced it very well. And she looked like she had fun wit this. OMGG that last lift was insanely scary there - with Celia falling out of it prematurely and they had to improvise that ending. Gah I feel bad for them there. I am glad they got to re-do the right away even though sadly that doesn’t count. I am sure tis could have gotten more 9s and maybe a 10 without the messed up lift.

Claudia & Aric - Tango: The Tango was a good pick for Claudia as her Tango while it was fun, it was kinda disappointing from her. This was definitely a MUCH better Tango from Claudia. It had more of the traditional steamy passionate Tango feel which Claudia emoted perfectly and was totally committed to. Her dancing was fantastic as she had a great frame and sharp precise footwork. Technically she improved so much. Really felt so much chemistry from them in this dance. Well done with Claudia getting a perfect 30 here.

Christian & Lily - Cha-Cha: The Cha-Cha was a good choice for Christian as his first Cha-Cha stands out as his weakest dance. The underwater tea party theme is a really interesting choice here and the outfits are definitely interesting - but fitting here. This was a cute and fun dance. Christian definitely improved on this Cha-Cha over his first one for sure. I did find the theme/outfits were a little distracting and kept me a bit off from focusing on the dance properly. But besides that I thought Christian danced it decently for the most part. There were some technical issues with lack of hip action and some heaviness and he wasn’t as light and precise on his footwork like usual. I can get Sharna’s comments on the dance seemingly too simple at this stage too. I think this was his weakest dance in a while and he has done and can do better.

Ed & Jorja - Viennese Waltz: All around I felt the judges chose the right picks for the Redemption round as the VW was Ed’s weakest dance as well. It is also really cool how this final has two comedians who have grown so much in the season. Omg looking back on that first VW - gah that was really rough. But awww this was a definite nice and much improved VW from Ed for sure. This was a very cute charming and romantic dance. His frame and posture was definitely improved and finally he doesn’t looked hunched in his frame. Sadly the dance did lack the proper swing & sway and flowy quality for the dance. Like some parts were still a bit skippy but even with that this dance has a really nice feel to it. It was still a much easier dance to watch compared to his last VW.

Celia & Jarryd - Viennese Waltz / Contemporary Fusion: Awww at this last round being a dedication dance round with Celia dedicating her dance to people who suffers from anxiety and depression. :( And aww Celia’s story and connection to “Somebody to Love” was so touching and heartbreaking. :broken:  Ooh wow this was such a different version of the song - it was so much slower and emotional than I imagined it. And wow this dance was so beautiful emotional and touching. Celia poured her heart and soul into this dance and she was just so vulnerable. Her dancing the Contemporary part was lovely and the VW parts was stunning - and the fusion of both styles was so seamless and fluid. I thought the VW parts were even better and stronger than the V parts. But wow so beautiful to watch. Surprised this didn’t get more 10s.

Claudia & Aric - Viennese Waltz / Foxtrot Fusion: Aww her dedication to the Wayside Chapel and helping out the people there. This was a sweet and touching video here. Ooh I was kinda hoping to see Claudia getting the VW as I imagined this would be a great dance style from her. Ooh and interesting as I never imagined “It’s Oh So Quiet” for a VW and Foxtrot. Claudia delivered another really strong and fantastic dance here. I really loved how into the character and feel of the dance she was here. She danced and performed with such a joyous and happy feel here and with so much joy. Such fanastic storytelling. Technically speaking Claudia was really strong and stunning in both the soft VW parts and the fun flashy Foxtrot parts - with great footwork and a nice frame. Ooh that part where she nearly tripped on the confetti was scary but thankfully that didn’t distract the dance. The ending was super cute with that artwork inclusion. Ooh the singing of this track was really tough to take and distracting. :ph34rwave: Besides that - another really strong and fantastic dance from Claudia. She really had such a killer night!

Christian & Lily - Viennese Waltz / Jazz Fusion: Aww his dedication to his mother was really nice and sweet. LOL dang why is everyone dancing a VW this episode - whether in its actual form or a fusion? That is too much. And wow VW + Jazz is an interesting fusion here. But with a song choice like “7 Rings” this actually worked really well to gether. This was a much stronger and more intriguing dance from them. This dance had such a creative concept - with stunning lovely VW dancing mixed in with funky stylish Jazz dancing. I can get how the VW parts wasn’t as strong as last week but oh well. They were hitting the Jazz + vogue + waacking moves hard and so perfectly in sync with each other. I love the glow and the dark elements in the dance too. This is a dance I never seen before and I really love and really admire its creativity.

Ed & Jorja - Jive / Quickstep Fusion: Aww Ed’s dedication to his mother was really sweet and aww at his story of only having his mother and not knowing his father. :( But OMGGG his mother’s comments of needing to get to the shows really early as she wasn’t expecting him to last so long on the show was hilarious. :dead: lol Jorja’s cracks on him at the end of the VT was funny. They are a cute and funny partnership. :haha: This was probably the ~weakest Fusion dance of the night but that’s nothing to be ashamed of because this was still a legit really good dance from Ed. And certainly one of his best. Ed’s strong point is fun bright and hilarious personality and I felt he really got to showcase so well. I thought the Quickstep was good but it was a little rough. His movements and footwork was kinda plotty and not as springy and light as it could have been - but it was still good. However he absolutely did a fantastic job with the Jive especially on the kicks & flicks section. Maybe it wasn’t perfection but he was kicking & flicking all about and really put 100% his effort into it - and those Jive elements were sooo fun to watch. Omggg awww at him getting so emotional after the dance wen talking with Amanda. Dang wow I was not expecting that. :’( Let me find out that the two comedians would make me tear up on this episode the most.

Rankings:

1. Claudia & Aric - Viennese Waltz / Foxtrot Fusion
  2. Claudia & Aric - Tango 
  3. Celia & Jarryd - Viennese Waltz / Contemporary Fusion
  4. Christian & Lily - Viennese Waltz / Jazz Fusion
  5. Celia & Jarryd - Samba
  6. Ed & Jorja - Jive / Quickstep Fusion
  7. Ed & Jorja - Viennese Waltz
  8. Christian & Lily - Cha-Cha

Results

4. Ed & Jorja

3. Claudia & Aric

2. Christian & Lily

1. Celia & Jarryd

- Very well done to Ed & Jorja on getting 4th. This was definitely the right and fair result of the 4 - and was my personal choice to come in 4th. He’s come SUCH a long way and majorly improved so much throughout the course. Great and funny personality and partnership.

- Very well doe with to Claudia & Aric on getting 3rd. Claudia has always been a really good dancer but has had some ups an downs throughout the season. But wow she really brought it and had a killer finale night. Based on just one night she did win this night - but overall I am pleased with her getting 3rd.

No surprises to me with the Final 2 being Celia & Jarryd and Christian & Lily.

- Very happy for Christian & Lily placing 2nd. Christian really grew throughout the season and he’s been such a great fun and unique personality to have on the show. He’s provided such great dances towards the end of the season and had a great partnership with Lily.

- omggg aww yayyy so very happy for Celia & Jarryd and awww i loved Celia’s reaction. All of her “shut ups” were hilarious. Wow Celia was such a big pleasant surprise and it was such a joy watching her growth. She far exceeded my expectations and delivered some outstanding and great dances. She’s such a deserving winner. And lastly and very importantly - YAYYYY FINALLLY Jarryd wins! He’s sen an amazing pro and robbed multiple times on this show. So happy he finally got his proper justice. :clap:

Aww i am sad this season is over but it did end perfectly for me! ❤️

On 3/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, *Amanda said:

Hide contents

SO happy for you always getting your favorites to win Amanda.

Actually - my #1 faves in the UK, Ireland and Australia have won too. Hannah was like my 4th fave of US but still really liked her a lot.