idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
buttons66

Off Topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, drdeb said:

Prayers up and keep mopping! 🙏❤️

Liz is in San Antonio (250 miles north) and Angela is in Fort Worth (500 miles).    The winds shifted direction so the blowing rain is not beating against the leaking door anymore.   So mopping is minimal now.  The eye is down in the Mexico mountains now but heavy feeder bands of wind and rain will pull off the ocean for a while.  Maybe a couple of days. 

Sigh!  Don't know how this is going to spread or diminish the Covid19 especially in Northern Mexico. 

Tornado warning siren just went off.  Sigh again!

update.  We've had 11 inches of rain so far.  Will continue for a couple of days they said.  (tornado didn't hit as far as I know)  Flash flood warning in effect. 

Edited by tfortexas
  • Like 2

Sherry....I can't imagine how scary all this must be.  At least the tornado didn't hit.  

Posted (edited)

My goodness, Sherry! Hang in there!

Stay safe......and Liz and Angela, too!

Edited by Sharon Jiles
  • Like 2

I am in San Antonio also.  Our city is ready to accept some of the folks who evacuate from Corpus Christi if the storm veers their way.  Instead of having them all camp out at one facility, they will be housed in one of our hotels.. Corpus has a worse hot spot of the virus and we have a big one too, so keeping everyone safe from both the virus and the storm is a massive job.  Liz, Sherry and Angela, stay safe.❤️❤️

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, maryhayden274 said:

I am in San Antonio also.  Our city is ready to accept some of the folks who evacuate from Corpus Christi if the storm veers their way.  Instead of having them all camp out at one facility, they will be housed in one of our hotels.. Corpus has a worse hot spot of the virus and we have a big one too, so keeping everyone safe from both the virus and the storm is a massive job.  Liz, Sherry and Angela, stay safe.❤️❤️

The storm seems to be falling apart but will keep flooding rains for a day or two.  Of course the same areas flood every time we get significant rains. 

Can you imagine going to a shelter with the rampant virus? 😣

I was a big fan of Don Williams and Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good was one of my favorite songs!  Thanks Alan & Caylee - love it!!

• Like 1

We need more of Don's music these days...one of my favorite performers/writers.

2 hours ago, Lizziemat said:

Colbie Caillat posted on instagram that Gone West has disbanded......

Wow..didnt really see that coming.....thanks Lizzie.

1 hour ago, buttons66 said:

Wow..didnt really see that coming.....thanks Lizzie.

It was made up of two couples.  That's not good.  If there is a breakup then there goes the group.  Or maybe they figured they were not going nowhere. 

51 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

Concert from Newcastle, England.......WOW

Like you have your own "play pen".  lol

28 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

It was made up of two couples.  That's not good.  If there is a breakup then there goes the group.  Or maybe they figured they were not going nowhere. 

Colbie & one of the other members just recently broke up. I could see her wanting to move on from the band & the music due to that. I don't think it has anything to do with their success.

That recently happened with Carly Pearce who broke up & divorced her husband,  Michael Ray. She moved on to a new album despite only 1 single released from it (#1 hit) because the album was about her being in love.

Posted on All Access this morning

•  
  • Colbie Caillat’s Country Group, Gone West, Disbands

August 13, 2020 at 3:40 AM (PT
  • colbygroup2020.jpg

Gone West

Two of the four members of TRIPLE TIGERS RECORDS act GONE WEST have departed the Country band after one album and one mid-charting radio single. COLBIE CAILLAT announced YESTERDAY (8/12) that she and JUSTIN KAWIKA YOUNG had “ended” the group. Their debut album, “Canyons,” was released in JUNE and included the Top 25 single “What Could’ve Been,” as well as the song “Slow Down,” which earned support from RADIO DISNEY COUNTRY and SIRIUSXM’s “The Highway.”

"After a lot of thought during this time, JUSTIN and I have decided to leave GONE WEST,” CAILLAT wrote on INSTAGRAM. “Creative partnerships, especially with friends, are both rewarding and challenging at times, and though this was not an easy decision, we know ending the band was the right one.”

She continued, “JUSTIN and I are best friends, and will continue to make music together forever. We're so proud of the music the four of us created together over the past three years. ‘Canyons’ is an album we truly love and cherish. Every song holds so much truth in the experiences we all go through in life. I want to thank all of my fans and all of GONE WEST’s fans for supporting our music, coming to our shows and everything in between. I also want to thank Country radio, J.R. [SCHUMANN] and SIRIUSXM, TRIPLE TIGERS and our entire team's hard work and creativity, and for believing in us and helping our music get out into the world. Thank you all. Here's to whatever comes next.”

CAILLAT and YOUNG, a couple of more than 10 years, previously revealed in APRIL that they had ended their engagement.

Posted (edited)

AWWWEE.....so happy for Jeffrey''' Glad they have made it official..

Maria Nicole

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1

They look so happy with each other.  So glad they found each other.

The videos "IN Between" and "This Is It" are showing as unavailable on youtube.....what's up with that?

56 minutes ago, Lizziemat said:

The videos "IN Between" and "This Is It" are showing as unavailable on youtube.....what's up with that?

I don't know.  A good question for Scott Stem.  

I thought they would be back quickly, so I held off asking Scott Stem on Twitter.  Plus, I'm not sure it's something he can discuss on social media.

5 hours ago, Lizziemat said:

We noticed IB was missing on Saturday but then someone on twitter mentioned TII was missing on Saturday also ....no idea on this one!!

Really strange! Why would FMM still be there and TII and IB not.

• Like 1

On WSG....Scott Stem posted that the record label is looking into the missing videos on YouTube.  No answer yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sinycalone said:

On WSG....Scott Stem posted that the record label is looking into the missing videos on YouTube.  No answer yet.

I knew Scott paid attention to WSG so I posted the question there.  I'm kind of paranoid and my first thoughts are of a conspiracy.  lol. 

• Like 1