idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
buttons66

Off Topic

16 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Ray Benson, of Asleep at the Wheel, has tested positive for COVID-19.

Wow.  He's a Texas icon. Hope he makes it. 

Ray Benson, I just found out, was born in my hometown -- Philadelphia, PA.  But he moved to Texas when he was pretty young.

I think my internet /instagram is messed up.  When I search for Scotty Instagrams they don't display.  Just sat picture contains perso, hat, etc.

3 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

I think my internet /instagram is messed up.  When I search for Scotty Instagrams they don't display.  Just sat picture contains perso, hat, etc.

The Instagram shows don't play on my PC, only my iPhone.  Ugh.... I think they will also play on an iPad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryhayden274 said:

Angela has posted today's.  They are on facebook under Watching Scotty Grow

Yes I watched those.  Thanks.  I really liked it when DJs interact with Scotty on these. 

When you are just very guilty of committing ..a crime!! 😂 So cute.

FROM CMA this morning....

The CMA and its philanthropic arm, the CMA Foundation, have pledged a million dollars to the COVID-19 Relief Fund established by The Recording Academy and MusiCares. The funds will be used to provide support to those in the music industry whose employment has been impacted by the effects of the virus, and will specifically assist in covering mortgage and rent costs to help keep out-of-work industry professionals in their homes.

“We have heard firsthand the many ways the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted not only our CMA members but the music industry at large,” says Sarah Trahern, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “Our goal is to be a resource and support system for those in the music business who are currently struggling, and we’re incredibly grateful for MusiCares’ commitment to serve music industry professionals, especially right now. Our business does not exist without these hardworking individuals who make up the touring industry as well as our artists, songwriters and musicians, and we hope our pledge can provide a bit of comfort during these troubling times.”

“We’re very grateful to the CMA for the extraordinary donation to the COVID-19 Relief Fund,” says Steve Boom, MusiCares Chair. “The funds will provide much needed assistance to creators and industry professionals most affected by this pandemic. Country Music speaks to the heart and CMA has touched the heart of MusiCares, and the many members of the industry who will benefit from their generosity.”

“Nashville consistently represents the best of human values and strength of character, always showing up in tough times and when there is need,” says Debbie Carroll, MusiCares Vice President, Health and Human Services. “CMA is a shining example of what makes this city great. Our heartfelt gratitude for their incredible gift that will provide much needed assistance to those struggling in the music community.”

To support MusiCares’ efforts, visit grammy.com/MusiCares/CoronavirusReliefFund. For music industry members in need of assistance, visit MusiCares.org.

Nathan on Instagram quoted a healthcare person that said it will be Fall of 2021 before events like concerts return.   Egad.  

Soooo happy for Shawn:

» Key Networks Adds Shawn Parr: dennisgreen2020.jpgshawnparr2020.jpgFormer Westwood One syndicated Nash Nights Live host Shawn Parr has partnered with Key Networks to syndicate his Nashville-based Shawn Parr's Across The Country June 1. The four-hour localized program can run in any daypart, 6am-midnight, and is available via FTP delivery to stations of all market sizes. "Shawn is ready to roll with a unique format where stations can run Shawn Parr's Across The Country morning, noon or night," says Key CRO Dennis Green. "Shawn's also ready to come to affiliate markets across the country to give stations a great marketing tool as part of the affiliation." Parr helmed Nash Nights Live for six years prior to his departure last year (Breaking News 12/16/19). His prior stops include KZLA/Los Angeles and KKGO/Los Angeles in addition to 27 years as the voice of Dick Clark Productions. Reach Parr here. For more information about Shawn Parr's Across The Country, contact Green here, and look for Country Aircheck's in-depth coverage of the program launch – including interviews with Parr and Green – in tonight's (4/20) Country Aircheck Weekly.

I might be living under a rock these days, but I don't remember the Opry inviting Luke Combs.  If everyone else know this then I am really out of touch

Saturday Night Grand Ole Opry

He was invited to join several months back.  Probably way too soon for the invitation, but at least he tries to keep in the country lane and has been very successful.

6 hours ago, sinycalone said:

He was invited to join several months back.  Probably way too soon for the invitation, but at least he tries to keep in the country lane and has been very successful.

Thanks - now I seem to remember.  

Posted (edited)

In these days with time to kill, I've been getting acquainted  on Youtube with some older artists.  Lately I'm stuck on Billy Joe Shaver.  Mostly know as a songwriter.  Search the list of songs he wrote.  I had really forgotten about him.  His early life was very unique.  And his meeting Waylon led to his first hits. 

In fact Waylon did a whole album of Shaver's songs "Honkytonk Heros" is the album name.

Edited by tfortexas

For those that don't watch the Masked Singer, Hunter Hayes was revealed tonight.  He did really well.  He mentioned he's working on re-inventing himself. 

Clint has a new video/song our called America.  I recommend it.

9 hours ago, tfortexas said:

Clint has a new video/song our called America.  I recommend it.

Clint Black?

4 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Clint Black?

Yes, sorry for my typing.  I don't know how I left off his name. lol

• Like 1

Live Nation Outlines Reopening Of Business Featuring Crowdless Shows and Drive-In Concerts

Concerts may return soon in a much different form.

MAY 8, 2020

Couldn't find the "Scotty's Band" thread....so:

Luke Hilliard (the lighting and sometimes sound guy) announced on IG that he and his wife are expecting a baby in November 2020.  

• Like 1