idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
buttons66

Off Topic

I am SO happy Tanya Tucker won 2 Grammys and got to perform last night. Her first Grammys of her nearly 50 year career. But then I get up this morning and drive to work and guess what I hear...  Both radio stations in Charlotte morning teams were "outraged" Tanya won last night. They were saying things like "Has anyone even heard that song or know she still records albums anymore" "She had her day at Delta Dawn and should have won then" "She looked 61 going on 70 with botched plastic surgery" and so on. I mean I was so mad I changed stations from one to the other just to hear it from both stations. This is why Country radio sucks. I mean the legends are looked at as a joke and one of the DJs had been there 30+ years well into Tanya's reign of hits in the 80s and 90s.  I mean picking on this lady for her looks cause she beat out other artists they like better? I really really hate Country radio.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I am SO happy Tanya Tucker won 2 Grammys and got to perform last night. Her first Grammys of her nearly 50 year career. But then I get up this morning and drive to work and guess what I hear...  Both radio stations in Charlotte morning teams were "outraged" Tanya won last night. They were saying things like "Has anyone even heard that song or know she still records albums anymore" "She had her day at Delta Dawn and should have won then" "She looked 61 going on 70 with botched plastic surgery" and so on. I mean I was so mad I changed stations from one to the other just to hear it from both stations. This is why Country radio sucks. I mean the legends are looked at as a joke and one of the DJs had been there 30+ years well into Tanya's reign of hits in the 80s and 90s.  I mean picking on this lady for her looks cause she beat out other artists they like better? I really really hate Country radio.

Some people!  My word.  Remember though these stations reluctantly play Scotty.  No taste! 

• Like 2

Just saw this comment posted on YouTube,,,,attached to a Waylon video:

Country music has backed up from what it was since 2000 Now country dj s are giving us artist with a blend of snoop dog and Barry manilow

Congrats to QDR and only QDR! ... And if he ever starts spinning In Between, I'll congratulate Big Dave as well (Cincinnati)!

ACM Radio Noms: ACMaward.jpgRadio nominees for the 55th ACM Awards are: 

Large Market Personality:

• Lexi And Banks, KUBL/Salt Lake City
  • Marty McFly, WSM-FM/Nashville
  • Q Morning Crew with Mike and Janie, WQDR/Raleigh
  • Robyn & Roger in the Morning, CKRY/Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • The Big Dave Show, WUBE/Cincinnati

http://countryaircheck.com/ 

Edited by drdeb

I would think these personality changes with iHeart will decrease their audience even more.  Mobile, WKSJ-FM, has lost a 20+ year DJ, one who the community has identified with as the voice of 95KSJ. 

• Like 3

WOW...

It has been brought to our attention that a false social media post has been advertising a free Josh Turner concert in Tucson, AZ on March 28, 2020. THE EVENT IS PRIVATE AND NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. We apologize for any inconvenience to Josh’s fans that were planning to attend.

For a list of Josh’s tour dates please visit www.joshturner.com. Always double check Josh’s website to make sure a concert you’re planning to attend is listed -- the website will always be up-to-date and accurate.

Thank you!

Josh Turner Management

44 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

luke.hilliard's profile picture

I can’t believe we did it! We bought a house. I didn’t think not even a year into marriage we would even attempt this. We’ve been so blessed.

They seem 

They seem like such a sweet couple....glad they were able to buy that house.

58 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

They seem like such a sweet couple....glad they were able to buy that house.

Guess Scotty pays well.