Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
buttons66

Off Topic

Recommended Posts

I am SO happy Tanya Tucker won 2 Grammys and got to perform last night. Her first Grammys of her nearly 50 year career. But then I get up this morning and drive to work and guess what I hear...  Both radio stations in Charlotte morning teams were "outraged" Tanya won last night. They were saying things like "Has anyone even heard that song or know she still records albums anymore" "She had her day at Delta Dawn and should have won then" "She looked 61 going on 70 with botched plastic surgery" and so on. I mean I was so mad I changed stations from one to the other just to hear it from both stations. This is why Country radio sucks. I mean the legends are looked at as a joke and one of the DJs had been there 30+ years well into Tanya's reign of hits in the 80s and 90s.  I mean picking on this lady for her looks cause she beat out other artists they like better? I really really hate Country radio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I am SO happy Tanya Tucker won 2 Grammys and got to perform last night. Her first Grammys of her nearly 50 year career. But then I get up this morning and drive to work and guess what I hear...  Both radio stations in Charlotte morning teams were "outraged" Tanya won last night. They were saying things like "Has anyone even heard that song or know she still records albums anymore" "She had her day at Delta Dawn and should have won then" "She looked 61 going on 70 with botched plastic surgery" and so on. I mean I was so mad I changed stations from one to the other just to hear it from both stations. This is why Country radio sucks. I mean the legends are looked at as a joke and one of the DJs had been there 30+ years well into Tanya's reign of hits in the 80s and 90s.  I mean picking on this lady for her looks cause she beat out other artists they like better? I really really hate Country radio.

Some people!  My word.  Remember though these stations reluctantly play Scotty.  No taste! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw this comment posted on YouTube,,,,attached to a Waylon video:

Quote

Country music has backed up from what it was since 2000 Now country dj s are giving us artist with a blend of snoop dog and Barry manilow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to QDR and only QDR! ... And if he ever starts spinning In Between, I'll congratulate Big Dave as well (Cincinnati)!

 

ACM Radio Noms: ACMaward.jpgRadio nominees for the 55th ACM Awards are: 

Large Market Personality:

  • Lexi And Banks, KUBL/Salt Lake City
  • Marty McFly, WSM-FM/Nashville
  • Q Morning Crew with Mike and Janie, WQDR/Raleigh
  • Robyn & Roger in the Morning, CKRY/Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • The Big Dave Show, WUBE/Cincinnati

http://countryaircheck.com/ 

Edited by drdeb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think these personality changes with iHeart will decrease their audience even more.  Mobile, WKSJ-FM, has lost a 20+ year DJ, one who the community has identified with as the voice of 95KSJ. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW...

 

It has been brought to our attention that a false social media post has been advertising a free Josh Turner concert in Tucson, AZ on March 28, 2020. THE EVENT IS PRIVATE AND NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. We apologize for any inconvenience to Josh’s fans that were planning to attend.

For a list of Josh’s tour dates please visit www.joshturner.com. Always double check Josh’s website to make sure a concert you’re planning to attend is listed -- the website will always be up-to-date and accurate.

 

Thank you!

 

Josh Turner Management

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

luke.hilliard's profile picture

 

I can’t believe we did it! We bought a house. I didn’t think not even a year into marriage we would even attempt this. We’ve been so blessed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

 

luke.hilliard's profile picture

 

I can’t believe we did it! We bought a house. I didn’t think not even a year into marriage we would even attempt this. We’ve been so blessed.

 

They seem 

 

They seem like such a sweet couple....glad they were able to buy that house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

They seem like such a sweet couple....glad they were able to buy that house.

Guess Scotty pays well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke does other projects....many times for Christian groups or events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That may be the worst list of nominees for the ACMs...ever.  Seriously, I know the rules for new artist are fairly vague...but Jordan Davis and Russell Dickerson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

That may be the worst list of nominees for the ACMs...ever.  Seriously, I know the rules for new artist are fairly vague...but Jordan Davis and Russell Dickerson?

I don't know if its the ACMs or the CMAs but one criteria is something about 3 albums.  Russell certainly fits that.  I bet Jordan also fits that.   They may have to change that rule, since with the single driven atmosphere now,, there are many many that fit into that category. 

Edited by tfortexas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tfortexas said:

I don't know if its the ACMs or the CMAs but one criteria is something about 3 albums.  Russell certainly fits that.  I bet Jordan also fits that.   They may have to change that rule, since with the single driven atmosphere now,, there are many many that fit into that category. 

It's 2 albums, but like you said a lot of artists would be eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

It's 2 albums, but like you said a lot of artists would be eligible.

I'm guessing EPs don't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there also might be a time limit...you can't have released more than 2 albums in the past 5 years or so.  In that case Jamey Johnson and Travis Tritt might be eligible.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tfortexas said:

I'm guessing EPs don't count.

The following is the criteria for new artist categories according to ACM website.

 

Presented to an individual artist, group or duo who gains initial fame or significantly greater recognition during the promotion of a debut or sophomore album within the eligibility period.  
The artist must have released a single that reached the Top 40 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs or the Country Aircheck (Mediabase) charts. Any albums self-released through an independent label the artist owns and operates may not be counted as a debut or sophomore album, unless it produces a Top 40 single reported by Billboard’s Hot Country Songs or Country  
Aircheck (Mediabase) charts. The nominees shall be determined by a nomination ballot(s) and are subject to the approval of the Board. The winner shall be determined by a vote of the ACM professional membership.  
Any artist who served or is currently serving as a lead member of a duo or group is not eligible for individual category recognition. Additionally, any artist who has gained initial fame as a solo artist or as part of a duo or group in another genre is not eligible in these categories. An artist may be a nominee two times in a three-year period. Once an artist releases the lead single from a third studio album, they will no longer be eligible in this category. If an artist is a winner in the New Female Artist /New Male Artist/New Duo or Group (or any respective previously named) category their first year on a ballot, they will not be eligible in any New Artist categories again. Any artist who has previously won the award for Entertainer, Female Artist, Male Artist, Duo or Group of the Year (or any respective previously named category) is ineligible for a New Artist nomination.

Edited by ptebwwong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Our hearts are heavy for our Nashville community this morning. We were fortunate not to sustain any damage at the Opry House, but many of our neighbors, friends and fans are coping with unimaginable loss. Our Opry family is thinking of everyone affected by this devastation.

 

 

ESMrGNjXUAYBjpo?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
 
 
Update: Not all sports are cancelled
 
😂😂😂😂
 
=======================================
 
 
.....     and so the humor continues............!! LOL
 
 
Day 2 without sports: Found a young lady sitting on my couch yesterday. Apparently she’s my wife. She seems nice.
 
 
The replies on twitter ..some are priceless😂
 
Edited by buttons66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Machine just signed Ray Wylie Hubbard.  he's 73 and a little nuts and an Austin scene guy.  (think Willie)  He wrote Red Necked Mother, etc.  Strange signing for BM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...