Off Topic

buttons66

On 9/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, ptebwwong said:

FYI: It is estimated that Kacey Musgraves this week will be the #1 Billboard Country Album with about 71k SPS. If she doesn't have a big drop, her #'s can effect the upcoming releases on Fri.

I think iTunes preorders seem to be cumulative. Generally, the first row of preorders all-genre (10 in each row) all seem to chart well on iTunes. These are the following notables releases on Scotty's album release day, genre, & where they are positioned (in order).

iTunes:

- Lil Nas X (pop) 1st row

- Daughtry (rock) 3rd row

- Spiritbox (rock) 3rd row

- Thrice (rock) 5th row

- Scotty (country) 6th row, #7 country preorders

- Carly Pearce (country) 7th row, #8 country preorders

- Laine Hardy (country) 7th row, #9 country preorders

- Jameson Rodgers (country) 13th row, #18 country preorders

Scotty is the top country preorder on iTunes out of everyone on 9/17. However, Carly is releasing her new single tomorrow (a duet with Ashley McBryde) which is receiving an iHeart radio deal so I can see that attracting more preorders/buyers.

Amazon:

Amazon orders include old/already released albums in their ranking. Generally, if an album is in the Top 10 in Amazon country before release date there is a likelihood those albums sell over 10k such as Chris Young, Kacey, etc.

- Jameson Rodgers #89 country, #619 all-genre

- Carly Pearce #17 country, 94 all-genre

Amazon not listing Scotty's album under a genre was never fixed so there's no #'s.

As I expected, I think Carly's going to sell well. I wouldn't be surprised either if she is the featured artist this week on one of the streaming services main country playlist.

Updating these #'s:

iTunes:

- Carly just released her new single (w/Ashley McBryde) & got an iHeartradio deal. She was on late night talk show, Jimmy Kimmel last night (performed last single "Next Girl") so it's not surprising her #'s did increase & is now ahead of Scotty. Scotty did seem to increase his position in the all-genre preorders. The bold is where their current position is & the regular font is their position as I posted previously.

- Scotty (country) 6th row, #7 country preorders 4th row, #7 country preorders

- Carly Pearce (country) 7th row, #8 country preorders 3rd row, #6 country preorders

- Laine Hardy (country) 7th row, #9 country preorders 7th row, #10 country preorders

- Jameson Rodgers (country) 13th row, #18 country preorders 15th row, #22 country preorders

I only updated the country artists. 

Amazon:

- Jameson Rodgers #89 country, #619 all-genre #203 country, #1,613 all-genre

- Carly Pearce #17 country, 94 all-genre #12 country, #53 all-genre

BTW, Laine Hardy's new album is a digital only release.

Edited by ptebwwong

HDD usually comes out with album #'s projections after a day of sales. The only predictions they made were based on Lil Nas X which is currently at #1 on iTunes (and has been since release on Fri.). His projections are at 130-140k total activity. Only 17-20k is predicted as sales (rest is streaming). 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=328321&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-BIG-NAS-X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was briefly mentioned in last night's Billboard Country Update. This afternoon's Country Aircheck email has more info.

Gone And Dunn It: Following iHeartMedia WDVI/Rochester, NY's flip from Hot AC to Country yesterday (CAT 10/25), SVPP/Upstate New York Tias Schuster confirms that Julie Dunn will remain in place as PD. Dunn also programs Country WNBL, which she took over in 2016 (CAT 5/11/16), and Top 40 WKGS in the Rochester cluster, as well AC WYYY, Top 40 WWHT and Country WBBS in Syracuse. Rounding out the airstaff with The Bobby Bones Show in mornings and Jeremy Newman in afternoons will be Dunn in middays and Rock WAIO/Rochester, NY afternoon host Megan Carter covering nights. Reach Dunn here.

I think this new flipped station is a possible Billboard/Mediabase station especially since it's iHeartMedia.

FYI: In last night's publications, there's a long article about WNSH & it's problems that led to its flip such as not enough revenue & its market problems (15th place in NYC market).

• Like 1

I read today that Brandi Carlile's single that was submitted to the Grammy's as an Americana song...was switched by the Grammy's to the pop category.  Brandi has always considered herself a roots/Americana writer/singer....and I thought she was, too.  Brandi was disappointed by the change.  Funny, they can arbitrarily switch categories when they are in the mood, apparently, but still put songs that are clearly not country in that genre without hesitation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...