Off Topic

buttons66

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Look at all the licensing entities on the You Time video--

Licensed to YouTube by

The Orchard Music (on behalf of Triple Tigers); Spirit Music Nashville, CMRRA, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., AMRA, and 7 Music Rights Societies

You suppose they each get a cut?

2 hours ago, tfortexas said:

Look at all the licensing entities on the You Time video--

Licensed to YouTube by

The Orchard Music (on behalf of Triple Tigers); Spirit Music Nashville, CMRRA, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., AMRA, and 7 Music Rights Societies

You suppose they each get a cut?

This actually seems usual. This Is It had many of the same names listed as You Time & 8 other music rights societies. FMM listed on YouTube also has many of the same names & a whopping 17 other music rights societies. Spirit Music & BMI are publishing companies so they need to be included due to rights. A few of the names are related to Triple Tigers or Sony (remember Triple Tigers is a partnership w/Sony). The other names seem to be related to licensing/rights in other countries. This is usual for artists with YT videos able to be played in other countries. I looked at Scotty's labelmate, Russell Dickerson & his videos usually have a lot of names listed & many are similar.

Don't know who gets a cut, though.

Edited by ptebwwong

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, buttons66 said:

SvG6fLqt_bigger.jpg

Happy Thursday to everyone except any record label in Nashville that has their push week already scheduled for eight weeks in the future.

!!!!!!!!...is this something we should look foreward too..or not  👀😮

Unfortunately, this has been going on for YEARS.  It's why moving up the charts is so incredibly difficult for non/A-listers at big labels! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very sad day for the McCreery family.....Husband of Barb(Judys sister) passed away ...🙏

Ashley McCreery is with Mike N Judy McCreery and 

2 others 

Heaven gained a great one this morning. Rest In Peace to the best Uncle and race car engine builder there ever was! The bottom picture is how I will always remember him. He loved my Aunt Barb SO good and we will miss him dearly. Keep Barbara, Morgan, his 2 sons and the rest of the family in your prayers. 💕💕

195904446_10218883428262117_569856557027

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

It was already announced about a week ago that Carly Pearce will be releasing her album on 9/17, the same day as Scotty. Today, it was announced that Jameson Rodgers is also releasing the same day. Morgan Wallen is still averaging about 45K weekly & considering radio is starting to play his music again (#40 on BB Country Airplay) I can see his #'s increasing.

• 4 weeks later...

INSTAGRAM POST

Verified

Today I signed with Triple Tigers Records 🙏🏻 This whole journey has been such a blessing! As someone who’s supposed to be good with words I’m kinda at a loss right now. I have an incredible team, incredible fans, unbelievable friends and family and the love and support of my beautiful wife and little Maverick. Glory to God for all of it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTh2LONrFPC/  Triple Tigers Post

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1

I didn't want to put this in the Same Truck thread, but these numbers are something to keep in mind for how sales/streaming of recent country album releases have done their 1st week leading up to Scotty's album release. iTunes sales has definitely changed than a few years ago even if you chart high. Streaming is definitely why most artists chart well. 

Currently, BB200 Top 10 all genre is 30,000+ total (sales + Streaming). Morgan Wallen is still #1 for BB Country Albums with about 41,000 total. 

- Nelly (country collaboration album)

#7 Billboard Top Country Albums

#45 BB 200

estimated SPS: 2,900 pure sales, 10m song streams

stayed in the Top 5 on iTunes all genre albums for entire 1st week of release

- Lauren Alaina (new album)

#21 Billboard Top Country Albums
#173 BB 200
7,200 SPS (3.4k pure sales, 4.4m song streams)

stayed in the Top 10 on iTunes for a few days, rest of week usually in Top 20

Edited by ptebwwong

4 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

I didn't want to put this in the Same Truck thread, but these numbers are something to keep in mind for how sales/streaming of recent country album releases have done their 1st week leading up to Scotty's album release. iTunes sales has definitely changed than a few years ago even if you chart high. Streaming is definitely why most artists chart well. 

Currently, BB200 Top 10 all genre is 30,000+ total (sales + Streaming). Morgan Wallen is still #1 for BB Country Albums with about 41,000 total. 

- Nelly (country collaboration album)

#7 Billboard Top Country Albums

#45 BB 200

estimated SPS: 2,900 pure sales, 10m song streams

stayed in the Top 5 on iTunes all genre albums for entire 1st week of release

- Lauren Alaina (new album)

#21 Billboard Top Country Albums
#173 BB 200
7,200 SPS (3.4k pure sales, 4.4m song streams)

stayed in the Top 10 on iTunes for a few days, rest of week usually in Top 20

Thanks.  I wonder how many pre-sales Same Truck has already.  

4 hours ago, tfortexas said:

Thanks.  I wonder how many pre-sales Same Truck has already.  

FYI: It is estimated that Kacey Musgraves this week will be the #1 Billboard Country Album with about 71k SPS. If she doesn't have a big drop, her #'s can effect the upcoming releases on Fri.

I think iTunes preorders seem to be cumulative. Generally, the first row of preorders all-genre (10 in each row) all seem to chart well on iTunes. These are the following notables releases on Scotty's album release day, genre, & where they are positioned (in order).

iTunes:

- Lil Nas X (pop) 1st row

- Daughtry (rock) 3rd row

- Spiritbox (rock) 3rd row

- Thrice (rock) 5th row

- Scotty (country) 6th row, #7 country preorders

- Carly Pearce (country) 7th row, #8 country preorders

- Laine Hardy (country) 7th row, #9 country preorders

- Jameson Rodgers (country) 13th row, #18 country preorders

Scotty is the top country preorder on iTunes out of everyone on 9/17. However, Carly is releasing her new single tomorrow (a duet with Ashley McBryde) which is receiving an iHeart radio deal so I can see that attracting more preorders/buyers.

Amazon:

Amazon orders include old/already released albums in their ranking. Generally, if an album is in the Top 10 in Amazon country before release date there is a likelihood those albums sell over 10k such as Chris Young, Kacey, etc.

- Jameson Rodgers #89 country, #619 all-genre

- Carly Pearce #17 country, 94 all-genre

Amazon not listing Scotty's album under a genre was never fixed so there's no #'s.

As I expected, I think Carly's going to sell well. I wouldn't be surprised either if she is the featured artist this week on one of the streaming services main country playlist.

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 1

not really off topic, but I don't know where to post this lol. I follow this girl on twitter, and went to go look at her photography page on instagram and I see some pics of Scotty on there, didn't know if you have seen them already :peace:

Mikayla
Photographer
Los Angeles, CA based 🏠
Photojournalist for @topshelfmusicmag 📸🎶

https://www.instagram.com/mikaylaragovinphotography/

and if you need any threads pinned let me know 🙂 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, istersay said:

not really off topic, but I don't know where to post this lol. I follow this girl on twitter, and went to go look at her photography page on instagram and I see some pics of Scotty on there, didn't know if you have seen them already :peace:

Mikayla
Photographer
Los Angeles, CA based 🏠
Photojournalist for @topshelfmusicmag 📸🎶

https://www.instagram.com/mikaylaragovinphotography/

and if you need any threads pinned let me know 🙂 

Thanks for finding this.