Off Topic

buttons66

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on Instagram ..Mark Phillips let go from the Wolf..... Texas.

markphillips995 Thank You to everyone who’s reached out the last couple of days. As a lot of you know, I’m no longer with 99.5 the Wolf. I had a great 14 yr run there and wish them nothing but the best. I know God has a bigger plan for me and I look forward to the next chapter in my career. I feel tremendously blessed- my wife Heather has a good job and our family is healthy. Again, thank you for reaching out to check on me. Onward and Upward!

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

Just saw this on Instagram ..Mark Phillips let go from the Wolf..... Texas.

markphillips995 Thank You to everyone who’s reached out the last couple of days. As a lot of you know, I’m no longer with 99.5 the Wolf. I had a great 14 yr run there and wish them nothing but the best. I know God has a bigger plan for me and I look forward to the next chapter in my career. I feel tremendously blessed- my wife Heather has a good job and our family is healthy. Again, thank you for reaching out to check on me. Onward and Upward!

What was his position there?

Just looked it up

1 day ago · CUMULUS MEDIA Country KPLX (99.5 THE WOLF)/DALLAS afternoon host MARK PHILLIPS has departed the station after 14 years in that daypart. He had also been the station’s PD for seven years (from .2008--

Edited by tfortexas

Many stations ...not sure if they were all part of Cumulus, have parted ways with many of its DJs in recent weeks/ months ...from what I saw on All Access it seems to be many that have had a long stay at their respective positions .Mark was there for 14years.!! I had quite a few interactions with him ,not only on twitter regarding Scotty but he shares the same love as I do for car racing so we had a few interactions on Instagram.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

The old saying was....last hired, last fired.  That is very often not the case....the employees with the highest salaries are often the first targets...for obvious reasons.

That's often true.  I'm sure radio as well as other businesses will struggle and some will fail after this virus. 

2 hours ago, buttons66 said:

Many stations ...not sure if they were all part of Cumulus, have parted ways with many of its DJs in recent weeks/ months ...from what I saw on All Access it seems to be many that have had a long stay at their respective positions .Mark was there for 14years.!! I had quite a few interactions with him ,not only on twitter regarding Scotty but he shares the same love as I do for car racing so we had a few interactions on Instagram.

Sandy I also am a race fan, mostly Nascar.  Especially this year since my favorite won the championship. 

5 hours ago, tfortexas said:

Sandy I also am a race fan, mostly Nascar.  Especially this year since my favorite won the championship. 

WOW..didnot know that Sherry.i have followed many types of racing with my Dad since I was a child.  I too was glad Chase E won the Championship for NASCAR ..he's good guy . You just don't need to be in my house on some race days.🤣 

Edited by buttons66

4 hours ago, buttons66 said:

WOW..didnot know that Sherry.i have followed many types of racing with my Dad since I was a child.  I too was glad Chase E won the Championship for NASCAR ..he's good guy . You just don't need to be in my house on some race days.🤣 

lol.  I usually record the races so I can watch from the beginning if I might miss the start. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping all of you and your families have a Merry Christmas!

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, packman88 said:

Hoping all of you and your families have a Merry Christmas!

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

btt

• Like 4