Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
TeamAudra

Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Archanium said:

I can't even mad with the pairing, it is too absurd that it becomes so funny to me :lmao: 


Imagine them singing that song, and it becomes even more absurd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s official. Nick is an idiot. The male version of Miley. 

-Roderick Chambers vs Joanna Serenko when the party's over (Billie Eilish)

Looks like it. A male Cyrus 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I actually forgot who Roderick is, so I had to look him up. In case anyone else forgot too, it’s this guy. This seems crazy to me. LMAO. Why do we subject ourselves to this show season after season. 
 

eSXdQsE.png


 

 
Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

❤️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

 

Joanna slayed that! Nick is truly tragic but at least she continues onto the KOs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

 

Since he was so shocked by Roderick's performance, I'd suggest googling "Male R&B singer" to Blake. He can also Google "When The Party's Over cover The Voice" to watch a bunch of male pop singers doing the Lewis Capaldi version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Her lowest note was E3, which is a lot lower than most females who come on the show are capable of. I’ve heard her go even lower than that. 
 

Her highest note was an E5. She can go much higher than that. 
 

So, she covered two octaves without even breaking a sweat. I still think she has 3+ octaves in her toolbox. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that was beautiful :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, echoap said:

Since he was so shocked by Roderick's performance, I'd suggest googling "Male R&B singer" to Blake. He can also Google "When The Party's Over cover The Voice" to watch a bunch of male pop singers doing the Lewis Capaldi version. 

 

What other singers do with that song is irrelevant to his point. He was shocked by Roderick because he was a one chair turn and thus, the expectations were lower. It had nothing to do with his gender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NerdN7 said:

 

What other singers do with that song is irrelevant to his point. He was shocked by Roderick because he was a one chair turn and thus, the expectations were lower. It had nothing to do with his gender.

Well, it wasn't shocking at all to me. Roderick did exactly what I was expecting him to do, which is not much different from what I've seen in other versions. Check out his background, even though he's a 1 chair turn, he's a very experienced singer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, echoap said:

Well, it wasn't shocking at all to me. Roderick did exactly what I was expecting him to do, which is not much different from what I've seen in other versions. Check out his background, even though he's a 1 chair turn, he's a very experienced singer. 

 

Feel the same. Roderick did how I thought he would do, but that "Quiet when I'm coming home" part from Joanna was unexpected and that won her the battle for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

Feel the same. Roderick did how I thought he would do, but that "Quiet when I'm coming home" part from Joanna was unexpected and that won her the battle for me.

sameee I said the exact same thing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For my taste, Joanna got the better of it, since she showed more uniqueness, and that very impressive lower register. If someone prefers generic male R&B, they probably prefer Roderick. He did good too. In terms of the competition, Joanna has the edge, because she can show more versatility, and probably has more vote potential. Rookie mistake by Nick. She would have been his frontrunner. 
 

BTW, a few curmudgeons in the spoiler thread commented this was a lackluster battle, but if you look around in other places, it’s very well received. Even Minivan likes it. It’s not exactly “meat and potatoes,” but it’s something different and interesting. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

 

Feel the same. Roderick did how I thought he would do, but that "Quiet when I'm coming home" part from Joanna was unexpected and that won her the battle for me.

Agreed. WTPO is a very comfortable song for any decent male pop singer. Females need to make it their own in order to avoid comparisons (good luck with that  in a duet). 

 

Joanna started off the song a bit dubious but she immediately recovered and delivered a really good performance. Roderick was good overall but I don't see any shock factor at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look....that Battle was not really close.  Yes, Rodrick did not suck but he was not amazing.  Joanna was amazing.  End of story. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick: 

 

“I’m going to fight for you”

 

”you’re a perfect singer”

 

”I choose Roderick”

 

🤨

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

Blake did a Countryfry mind trick on Nick....it's kinda like a Jedi mind trick...except it comes with a helpin' of cornbread. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

^

Blake did a Countryfry mind trick in Nick....it's kinda like a Jedi mind trick...except it comes with a helpin' of cornbread. 


Or...Nick pulled a Pharrell, and let go of the one he knew would get stolen. This actually happens a lot on this show. It will be interesting to see how many coaches hit their steal button. She’ll be the first stolen contestant aired, so a double or triple steal wouldn’t surprise me. 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Nick

 

“I’m going to fight for you”

 

”you’re a perfect singer”

 

”I choose Roderick”

 

🤡🤡🤡

Edited by echoap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, echoap said:

 

🤡🤡🤡


Pretty much. 
 

TPTB even bailed him out, after this colossal misstep, by arranging for Thunderstorm to join his team later. They’ll do just about anything to help out the new coach, when they need it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


Pretty much. 
 

TPTB even bailed him out, after this colossal misstep, by arranging for Thunderstorm to join his team later. They’ll do just about anything to help out the new coach, when they need it. 

I hope that decision backfires massively. Joanna is one of the few (if not the only one) who could stop Thunderstorm from winning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...