idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
TeamAudra

Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

On 1/28/2020 at 9:00 PM, TeamAudra said:

This must be her KO look. I’m gonna be honest. She might be too hot for teamminivan. Being on Blake’s team helps with that, though. 

:wub:

The YouTube algorithm knows me well, it suggested me this video of Joanna performing three original songs: "Starshine" (0:29), "Good Side" (4:39) and "Best of Me" (9:50) :thumbs:

• Like 1

Love her voice :wub:

It felt like its been forever since we heard Joanna. Ugh, we need to see her Battle ASAP. 

7 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I never asked to be added? Oops.

Add me!

👍

Post-blind interviews are up. Skip to 2:52 to see Joanna's part 😌

Highlights:

- Describes her genre as R&B/soul singer-songwriter. 

- She originally wanted to pick John but Nick's words convinced her not to. 

- Winning The Voice would give her a new sense of self-confidence for the future. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, echoap said:

Post-blind interviews are up. Skip to 2:52 to see Joanna's part 😌

Highlights:

- Describes her genre as R&B/soul singer-songwriter. 

- She originally wanted to pick John but Nick's words convinced her not to. 

- Winning The Voice would give her a new sense of self-confidence for the future. 

I think Joanna definitely deserves to win the voice. While I think there are a few others this season who are good, she takes the cake for the win. 

14 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I think Joanna definitely deserves to win the voice. While I think there are a few others this season who are good, she takes the cake for the win. 

Crossover appeal is key. Thunderstorm is the frontrunner so far, and he even sings country so he's gonna be a tough competition for everyone else.

I wanna see Joanna's next song choices/performances to have a better idea of what she's capable of. BTW, I wouldn't be mad if she cried a little bit during those future steals. It worked out well for Chloe. :haha:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, echoap said:

Crossover appeal is key. Thunderstorm is the frontrunner so far, and he even sings country so he's gonna be a tough competition for everyone else.

I wanna see Joanna's next song choices/performances to have a better idea of what she's capable of. BTW, I wouldn't be mad if she cried a little bit during those future steals. It worked out well for Chloe. :haha:

If what she does on the The Voice is anything like what I’m seeing on her Instagram clips from her shows, it will likely be a short run for Joanna. I can’t really blame her for performing the music she likes, even though I think it’s perfectly acceptable to “sell out” on a TV singing competition. They do it on American Idol all the time to show versatility.  I’m sure her performances will be of very high quality, regardless of what she does. The only question will be whether it appeals to the audience. My hunch is she understands this. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

If what she does on the The Voice is anything like what I’m seeing on her Instagram clips from her shows, it will likely be a short run for Joanna. I can’t really blame her for performing the music she likes, even though I think it’s perfectly acceptable to “sell out” on a TV singing competition. They do it on American Idol all the time to show versatility.  I’m sure her performances will be of very high quality, regardless of what she does. The only question will be whether it appeals to the audience. My hunch is she understands this. 

AFM is a decent song with tons of crossover appeal. Her knockout will be all or nothing. 😬

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, echoap said:

AFM is a decent song with tons of crossover appeal. Her knockout will be all or nothing. 😬

It’s a good song, but I’m concerned that it’s overdone. Neither Audra’s nor Addison’s versions charted very well, so I’m not sure what the level of appeal is. Having said that, sometimes overdone songs work out just fine. I personally like the song a lot. 

Edited by TeamAudra

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s a good song, but I’m concerned that it’s overdone. Neither Audra’s nor Addison’s versions charted very well, so I’m not sure what the level of appeal is. Having said that, sometimes overdone songs work out just fine. I personally like the song a lot. 

Didn't watch Audra’s season but Addison was a frontrunner, and Marybeth got a lot of buzz with that song last season. So I think AFM is still a viable option. I'd also consider AFM a better song choice than "The Story". Unless her opponent backed it up with a compelling backstory. 

We all know artsy voices like her...let's call it preference (because she has shown a few times she can do an almost straight up vocal) do not connect with the audience very well.   TBH, if I was her producer I would suggest she dial it back a little.  I don't think it's selling out....it's giving them what they are comfortable with.  They want mashed potatoes and gravy.   If you serve them Purée de pomme de terre with a truffle and Malbec reduction they might not even try it.  It's definitely their loss but what you gonna do? 

This season she is the only one I'm dying to hear what she does next.   Please America....just this once...keep an open mind. 

Posted (edited)

Also....she’s a very good guitarist. We go though this almost every season, but it will be interesting to see whether they allow her to show that side of her artistry. 

Edited by TeamAudra

It’s official. Nick is an idiot. The male version of Miley. 

-Roderick Chambers vs Joanna Serenko when the party's over (Billie Eilish)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I COULDN'T BELIEVE my eyes when I saw that. 

I guess the young coaches are the ones with the dumbest pairings...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He literally doesn't know how to coach someone like Joanna. That's just a terrible pairing and song choice. She shouldn't have to be defeated twice if she picked Blake as her coach.

• Like 2

Nick: “I’m going to fight for you.”

F—- you, Nick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Nick: “I’m going to fight for you.”

F—- you, Nick. 

He's the Adam Levine of the season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

He's the Adam Levine of the season. 

Worse!

• Like 1

I can't even mad with the pairing, it is too absurd that it becomes so funny to me :lmao: 

• Like 1