Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

^

Yep, TPTB approval and a smart, dedicated coach is the key, because without good songs, they’re screwed. Not just good songs, but good songs for the show’s audience. And it’s not always about the talent. One of my favorite all time quotes is, “it’s not a singing competition. It’s a TV show about a singing competition.” If Joanna making it far is in the script, she will. 

Yep.  Script is the key word here

It's a reality show but obviously TPTB develop a script of how they want it to play out very early on.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  We should be able to tell what their plans are for Joanna right away.  She certainly does seem to have everything they would want in a contestant so hopefully they play along this time.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's underrated with only 817 views 2 days after she posted this video on youtube. 

Joanna is on IG Live right now, mentioned that she had been planning to sing "Bring It On Home to Me" by Sam Cooke for the finale. Her original song would have been "Sister of Nostalgia," she worked w

NGL:  When Joanna told Nick it was time to move on during the steal attempt....I busted a gut laughing.   Nick, you had a Queen and you didn't treat her right.  smh

Posted Images

1 hour ago, echoap said:

I wish we could discuss spoilers here :haha:

As it was explained to me....that is OP's call.  Some try to keep them out but, in my opinion (not that it matters) merely having a fan thread this early IS a spoiler in itself. Even later on when songs are spoiled ....they will be noted here before it airs.  So I guess I'm missing the point. 😀

7 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

As it was explained to me....that is OP's call.  Some try to keep them out but, in my opinion (not that it matters) merely having a fan thread this early IS a spoiler in itself. Even later on when songs are spoiled ....there will be noted here before it airs.  So what's the point? 😀

It doesn’t matter to me. I always thought it was an IDF rule. We’ve already discussed it to some extent, by strongly implying she’s on Team Blake, which she is. 🕵️‍♂️

Edited by TeamAudra
3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It doesn’t matter to me. I always thought it was an IDF rule. We’ve already discussed it to some extent, by strongly implying she’s on Team Blake, which she is. 🕵️‍♂️

Just in the live show threads I think. 

14 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

OK...so, as I said in the PM I sent you, she lost her battle on Nick’s team, and got stolen by John....then she lost her KO on John’s team singing Angel From Montgomery, and got stolen by Blake. The coaches only had one steal per round this time, and it seems likely the teams are smaller. There’s  a strong possibility that we will have a top 16/17, rather than the standard playoff. If that’s the case, Joanna’s chances of advancing to the next round will be very good. We all remember what happened two seasons ago with the T20, and Blake getting everyone through. None of this is confirmed, but evidence is pointing in that direction. 

Despite losing those rounds, it sounds like she has performed very well. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Don't you feel better that you got that off your chest?  :haha:

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Despite losing those rounds, it sounds like she has performed very well.  

Addison and Chloe happened.....so

1 hour ago, echoap said:

I wish we could discuss spoilers here :haha:

Can't help it....I cause trouble wherever I go.

So....my gut feeling is that she’s not showing most of what she can do vocally. Although she’s likely performing AFM and other similar songs very well, it’s not drastically different from what the coaches have seen before on the show. We’ve seen from her videos that she’s extremely versatile and has a ridiculous range, but how would the coaches know that from AFM? Viewers and coaches are often impressed by the glory notes (which she can clearly deliver), but it’s outside of the scope of who she currently is as an artist. I still think she should break out the entire toolbox for the lives, but at the same time, if she doesn’t want to do that, I get it. Unless they win the $100K, it really doesn’t matter where they place anyway. There’s probably some middle ground, though. Maelyn clearly didn’t show everything she has either, but she hit enough big notes to keep the range crowd happy. 

Blake loves Angel From Montgomery, so if she performed a unique version of it, I can imagine him being intrigued. Hopefully, he’ll want to hear more of the good stuff and let her have good songs. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Blake’s fans are also (generally) the least range obsessed. And also by genre choice, country as a genre tends to be less into range then say r&b. 

I am hoping Blake lets her lean into more of the kacey musgraves/Brandi stuff & think she could do very well with that on the show. 

42 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Blake’s fans are also (generally) the least range obsessed. And also by genre choice, country as a genre tends to be less into range then say r&b. 

I am hoping Blake lets her lean into more of the kacey musgraves/Brandi stuff & think she could do very well with that on the show. 

The key is getting through that first live round. That’s why I hope it’s a straight vote, rather than the usual top two per team vote with Blake saving one of his original team members. If she were one of his originals, she’s be a lock, and have a great chance of winning. Honestly, she could still win if he thinks she can. 

True about the range thing but there are outliers like Martina where she could show range and power.  Some of Martina's catalog is pretty popish and others could be made popish....that ticks the crossover appeal box. Some of Wynonna's and Reba's catalogs have songs to show off with too.   Also, it's been 4 years now since Alisan killed Blue Bayou. 

That said ...I'll be surprised if Blake leads her on a hard right turn.   I mean, sure a Blue Bayou kinda song could happen but I'm not feeling a hoe down coming.  I think Alisan's championship run would be a good template for her.....assuming she want to go for a win and not a little career bump of recognition of who the real Joanna is.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:04 PM, Spurrious said:

Woo-hoo! We're free to discuss everything now! 

giphy.gif

Joanna sang AFM, so she's probably taking a singer-songwriter(ish) route on the show, which is good.

Now I'm gonna cry over spilled milk but why!? WHY didn't she pick Blake as her coach!? She was probably aiming for John (due to genre), but Blake is always the second best option for any contestant. 

Anyways, let's hope for the best 👼

3 hours ago, echoap said:

Woo-hoo! We're free to discuss everything now! 

giphy.gif

Joanna sang AFM, so she's probably taking a singer-songwriter(ish) route on the show, which is good.

Now I'm gonna cry over spilled milk but why!? WHY didn't she pick Blake as her coach!? She was probably aiming for John (due to genre), but Blake is always the second best option for any contestant. 

Anyways, let's hope for the best 👼

Yes, hindsight is 20/20, but she should have picked Blake. He appears to have a soft spot for female indie artists too, considering he went all out for both Selki and Kat the last two seasons. Going back even further, he wanted Amy Vachal on his team bad. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, hindsight is 20/20, but she should have picked Blake. He appears to have a soft spot for female indie artists too, considering he went all out for both Selki and Kat the last two seasons. Going back even further, he wanted Amy Vachal on his team bad. 

Absolutely. Nothing for granted, but it could have paid off.

Btw, Amy Vachal's Playlist on The Voice would be perfect for her. 

17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Damn, I’m sure she’d do a killer version of Blue Bayou. Some people might view it as off limits, but Karli Webster sang it (not a good idea at the time, honestly). I’d go for it anyway. 

Errrm....Anyone capable of a worthy cover of a Ronstadt tune should get an automatic fast pass to the finales. 

6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Errrm....Anyone capable of a worthy cover of a Ronstadt tune should get an automatic fast pass to the finales. 

Right. Of course, it might take something like that just to get to the next round after being stolen twice. 

I know it may seem like she is injured going into the playoffs/live shows, but steals have come far and even won since season 6. If Blake keeps her on a semi-country route(looking at AFM) she can get the votes and at least make the finale tbh. 

I wouldn't worry about Joanna as long as she keeps up her strong vocals.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:50 PM, QueenMae16 said:

I know it may seem like she is injured going into the playoffs/live shows, but steals have come far and even won since season 6. If Blake keeps her on a semi-country route(looking at AFM) she can get the votes and at least make the finale tbh. 

I wouldn't worry about Joanna as long as she keeps up her strong vocals.

Yeah, she got a popular song like AFM so that means she's not getting bussed, at least. That's already a positive thing on this show :haha:.

Her opponent got a more flashy song but if Joanna did a great job, she could win the knockout (on the App). 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:54 PM, Spurrious said:

As it was explained to me....that is OP's call.  Some try to keep them out but, in my opinion (not that it matters) merely having a fan thread this early IS a spoiler in itself. Even later on when songs are spoiled ....they will be noted here before it airs.  So I guess I'm missing the point. 😀

I guess we could use the spoiler tags too. Great feature!

22 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Hide contents

I guess we could use the spoiler tags too. Great feature!

spoiler tags is a good feature, you guys can still add them to already posted spoilers  rastashifty.gif