Joanna Serenko Fan Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Joanna PANDER QUEEN!

She needs everything she can get! She's gonna GET THAT PV YALL HEAR ME?

Jesus song? 

Singing songs the audience likes isn’t pandering! 

If she does get eliminated this week, it won’t have any bearing on her future career as an artist, so it probably doesn’t matter what she sings. She might as well just sing what she wants, despite what we think. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's underrated with only 817 views 2 days after she posted this video on youtube. 

Joanna is on IG Live right now, mentioned that she had been planning to sing "Bring It On Home to Me" by Sam Cooke for the finale. Her original song would have been "Sister of Nostalgia," she worked w

NGL:  When Joanna told Nick it was time to move on during the steal attempt....I busted a gut laughing.   Nick, you had a Queen and you didn't treat her right.  smh

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She has an interview on the IG story of this account. It will be there for a few more hours (3rd interview).

She says her song is relevant to what’s going on with Coronavirus, uplifting to a lot of people, she’s dedicating it to her 1/2 sister. Well, that really narrows it down!

https://instagram.com/hollywoodjunket?igshid=1btjf1p7ppx20

She was listening to the Beatles on Spotify this week. I don’t know whether this is the song, but I think it could work, and it matches her description. 

“Let It Be”

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Edited by TeamAudra
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She was listening to the Beatles on Spotify this week. I don’t know whether this is the song, but I think it could work, and it matches her description. 

“Let It Be”

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,

If it is.... JOANNA GET THAT PV YOU BEAUTIFUL QUEEN!

First off....props to merchfan3 for mentioning Amy Winehouse and then throwing gasoline on the fire with Joss Stone.  I love Joss! ❤️

She has also been listening to "People Get Ready"  and "O-o-h Child" .  I would prefer "People Get Ready" but O-o-h Child fits her narrative perfectly. 

People Get Ready....yeah it's a "Jesus song" .  Penned by the late great Curtis Mayfield. It's also #24 of Rolling Stones 500 greatest songs.  It's in both the Grammy and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  It has been famously covered by a Who's Who list including:  Joss Stone, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Rod Stewart, U2, George Benson,  Phil Collins, Aretha Franklin and the cover she's been listening to by Eva Cassidy but it's only appearance on the Voice was a Team Alicia group version.  This would be a slam dunk IMHO.  

Speaking of great covers by Joss...I'll leave this as a link... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNO4tT9LQD4

O-o-h Child is pretty sleepy but the first three stanzas .... could have easily been written for peeps on lock down. 

Ooh child
Things are gonna get easier
Ooh child
Things'll get brighter

Ooh child
Things are gonna get easier
Ooh child
Things'll get brighter

Some day, yeah
We'll put it together and we'll get it undone
Some day
When your head is much lighter
Some day, yeah
We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Some day
When the world is much brighter
Posted (edited)

I especially don’t think the Ooh Child song would get it done, but I can definitely see her picking it, since it’s on her Lives Options playlist. Songs like that don’t get votes. C’mon...

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I especially don’t think the Ooh Child song would get it done, but I can definitely see her picking it, since it’s on her Lives Options playlist. Songs like that don’t get votes. C’mon...

I agree....it's very sleepy.  I only mention it because of the narrative.   Let It Be or People Get Ready would be much better. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Spurrious said:

I agree....it's very sleepy.  I only mention it because of the narrative.   Let It Be or People Get Ready would be much better. 

Now I’m worried that’s her pick. Oh, well. Tuesday’s song will be more important anyway....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Now I’m worried that’s her pick. Oh, well. Tuesday’s song will be more important anyway....

Sorry for the angst.  😳

5 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Sorry for the angst.  😳

It’s OK. If she sings that, she’s basically saying she doesn’t care whether she advances. I can live with that, as long as it’s not TPTB decision. This is her style of music, for better, or for worse. All of that power, and she chooses not to use it. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Exactly.  I think ultimately her song on Tuesday will be more important than her song on Monday but who knows?

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s OK. If she sings that, she’s basically saying she doesn’t care whether she advances. I can live with that, as long as it’s not TPTB decision. This is her style of music, for better, or for worse. All of that power, and she chooses not to use it. It is what it is. 

She is who she is.  On another note:  People Get Ready was MLK's go to song to calm and comfort the crowds and marchers when they got restless during the civil rights protests.  I bet Blake knows it well too...Wyonona, John Denver, Ronnie Milsap and Glen Campbell covered it.  

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

First off....props to merchfan3 for mentioning Amy Winehouse and then throwing gasoline on the fire with Joss Stone.  I love Joss! ❤️

She has also been listening to "People Get Ready"  and "O-o-h Child" .  I would prefer "People Get Ready" but O-o-h Child fits her narrative perfectly. 

People Get Ready....yeah it's a "Jesus song" .  Penned by the late great Curtis Mayfield. It's also #24 of Rolling Stones 500 greatest songs.  It's in both the Grammy and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  It has been famously covered by a Who's Who list including:  Joss Stone, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Rod Stewart, U2, George Benson,  Phil Collins, Aretha Franklin and the cover she's been listening to by Eva Cassidy but it's only appearance on the Voice was a Team Alicia group version.  This would be a slam dunk IMHO.  

You know you have a beautiful voice when people suggest you cover Joss and Amy...

Would love "Let It Be"...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

She is who she is.  On another note:  People Get Ready was MLK's go to song to calm and comfort the crowds and marchers when they got restless during the civil rights protests.

OK, if you’re trying to sell me on “People Get Ready,” dangling “Ooh Child” out there is a brilliant tactic! If it can’t be “Let it Be,” I guess I could live with that. We all know she’s not going to get TCO treatment, so it’s a good idea to temper expectations. 

BTW, these are all songs Brynn (“soul-pop”) would have sung every week had they let her. Remember her bloodbath song? That would not be out of place in Joanna’s playlist. 

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, if you’re trying to sell me on “People Get Ready,” dangling “Ooh Child” out there is a brilliant tactic! If it can’t be “Let it Be,” I guess I could live with that. We all know she’s not going to get TCO treatment, so it’s a good idea to temper expectations. 

BTW, these are all songs Brynn (“soul-pop”) would have sung every week had they let her. Remember her bloodbath song? That would not be out of place in Joanna’s playlist. 

LOL!  I think I'm trying to sell myself after your contagious "Now I'm worried" comment.  Look ....my only reservation about Let It Be is it has been covered many times on the show....including a well done cover last season by Ricky Duran.

Huh....so The Washington Post reports the pop culture anthem for the nightmare were are in is....Rainbow.  TBH it's not even in the zip code of her wheelhouse but since she mentioned a song to comfort...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/04/24/kacey-musgraves-rainbow-comforting-anthem-pandemic/

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Huh....so The Washington Post reports the pop culture anthem for the nightmare were are in is....Rainbow.  TBH it's not even in the zip code of her wheelhouse but since she mentioned a song to comfort...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2020/04/24/kacey-musgraves-rainbow-comforting-anthem-pandemic/

I would take it, but it seems too good to be true! Honestly, I would pick that over any other song discussed in this thread. Maybe it would be better for Tuesday, though?

Kacey was on her playlist this week. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

^

Here’s her quote:

”It’s a pretty relevant song right now, just with everything going on with the Coronavirus. It’s one that’s been uplifting for people’s spirits.”

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I would take it, but it seems too good to be true! Honestly, I would pick that over any other song discussed in this thread. Maybe it would be better for Tuesday, though?

Kacey was on her playlist this week. 

Naw...Go for the kill on the 1st shot.   Even if it's not enough it could turn some heads in her favor on Tuesday.