idolforums.com
miss denise

Denise's Favorite Songs of 2019

5 hours ago, miss denise said:

Because of how I feel about it. 

Why this reaction? We've discussed this. :unsure: Oh... I didn't just state it again though.  Oh alright. Why is this so interesting? And you never even asked about the dream, which is surprising. 

:unsure: 

- You're welcome. I just said she looks younger. Oh yayy. 

- I have a problem, Wally. :closedeyes: 

- Okay, I know, but I still don't really know now that you mentioned it. It makes you laugh without even knowing how it was misheard?

- I don't know when you did this before. I was talking about in this conversation. 

- I know, I didn't. I still might not understand her even with the words written out.  Strange.  Well yeah, they stopped the song before it.

You are not because you got more right than on other sets. That is a fact.

- No. Oh, I thought you guessed this in the past though. :unsure: But didn't expect you to know this song. Yeah, it is. :( Oh yayy. I don't know. It's very good and should be heard. ❤️ Glad you think so.

- No, I was surprised you didn't think of Normani as the one-named artist on a collaboration. Oooh, why give up?  Yes, I do know and yes, this is my story with it. That's what happened. My trick worked and it's a good thing. Thank you. I agree with your comments. 

- Oh interesting. I am curious where you heard this, especially with it being so familiar. Hmmm. But yay you liking it.

- Ooooo. I don't know and it's hard to rank this song because of its weird release situation. I don't know. :unsure: It said it was a single. Well, I said how it uses religious metaphors to describe the relationship, which is very comparable to GIAW. Oh okay. I love the chorus though. Yes, the video is so pretty and I love it. ❤️ Yeah, exactly. I don't know, but it's just listed with the others on Wiki.

- Yeah. I kind of remember what you said about this one. Oh, I know. This helped me like him more though. Oh thank you. Yayyy agreement.

- You got the last three correct. :unsure: Oh, I like that we agree on this. Thank you. Yes, love that. ❤️  I guess that is true. It's hard to explain, but yeah, I tried in your thread.  There are... how do you not notice that part with all of them? Oh, interesting. I don't know anything about that. Yay! 

Yayy the guesses. Ooh some really interesting thoughts here. lol your Mediabase comment. I looked and I had reason to. (!) Hmm curious why those three, but I see. All will be revealed later.

Hmmm okay. 😄

That was just how i was able to respond. Hmmm ok you didn’t but that’s okay because we both know. ❤️ It just is really interesting haha. Oooh lol of course i want to now what your dream was about. That should go without saying that I would want to know.

- 😮

- Thanks. Ahhh ok!

- No you don’t. :( Nothing wrong with wanting sleep.

- Oh awwww okay, I see. Yeah cause misheard lyrics always make me laugh but thanks for telling me later.

- Omggg whatttt? I thought you knew and always commented on me doing a long form of guys names. And yes I did this with Sam Hunt and you said his name was just Sam. :haha:That could have been about Sam Smith too - but thinking it was Sam Hunt.

- Ooh…. I don’t know how else to help. :’( Very. Oooh, that is so weird.

Oooh, I didn’t even realize that but ahh ok that is good.

- Oooh snap, wait i think I did guess this before. But ugh not for this set I think. Awww mhmm. :( Ooh awww yeah I did hear it here. Yess.

- Ughh I can’t even explain how or why I didn’t guess it. I am such a bad guesser. :/ Ooh cause your comments and relationship that you have with this song. I know you had ups and downs with it and yea I was expecting this on here but wasn’t expecting it to be this high. Mhmmm yess. And dang your trick did work, haha. Yayy agreement.

- It is. Well I did mention, the Today Show. I did see her on there and performing some songs from her new album there o it was one song. Then the chorus here did sound familiar.

- Gahhh yeah I know. I wouldn’t know what to do with this song because I wasn’t sure if it was a legit single, promo single or what. :lmao: Oooh awww alright. Oooh ok I guess I misread what you said there. But ok I can maybe get this comparison. Ooh I know you do. Aww yes I agree the vide o is very pretty. Ahhh I know and understand.

- Yay I am glad you do. Also forgot to mention that we have BP around the same area although you have this a few spots higher than me. Ooh awww ok, that’s good. Yayyy!

- I did not member that. But danggg,  I should have gotten 4 right. I like that we agree too. Aww yayy I am glad you do. LOL it definitely is true and it cracks me up haa. Ooh yess i know and you explained that well in there. Oohh yes I have seen them before but when I was writing about the song, I guess I didn’t see that part in the video and didn’t jot or take notice of it. I can miss parts sometimes lol. Ooh that’s just my guess and assumption.

Yayy. Gahhh I try my best haha. Oh I was proud seeing your Mediabase clue there haha. Well those are the ones I feel strings about showing up and you usually want me to narrow down my guesses…… so I did that for you. :lmao:

Catch up time!

56. Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You: Not as good as her other songs but still enjoyable. Really like the song though.
55. Maddie & Tae - Die From a Broken Heart: Really like this song - one of their best in a while

54. Jordan Davis - Take It From Me: Meh, don't really care for his music.

53. Tori Kelly - Sorry Would Go a Long Way: I do like Tori's voice but this song is not a stand out for me. 

52. Pentatonix - Waving Through A Window: Their harmonies are good but prefer the original to this - not my favourite from Dear Evan Hansen, though. 

51. Walker Hayes - 90's Country: Meh, male country just ain't my thing. 

50. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: I don't really care for this song - not bad but not in my alley.
49. Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone:  Love this song; it's one of my favourite from her album and was super happy that it was released as single - her vocals >>>

48. Lizzo - Juice: Yas! Love "Juice" - it's a total jam :bobo:

47. Sam Hunt - Kinfolks: This song is still growing on me; I do enjoy it. 

46. DJ Snake - Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna, & Cardi B]: Yeah, do not care for this.

45. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow: Ugh, this song :bye2:. Absolutely love the message of the song, the melody, her voice - everything about this song is perfect. Ugh, love her so much ❤️ 

44. David Archuleta - Paralyzed: Not bad, not something I would go back to it. 
43. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger: Absolutely love this song; they both slay on this song - one of my favourite "upbeat" song of the past year.

42. Tori Kelly - Change Your Mind: One of the highlight of her past album - just love her voice and the lyrics of this song.

41. Camila Cabello - Living Proof: This is good, her voice is maturing nicely.

40. Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (featuring Khalid): Meh. 

39. Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down: This song is EVERYTHING. The message of it, the video, and how catchy it is - absolutely love it ❤️ 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, *Wallace said:

That was just how i was able to respond. Hmmm ok you didn’t but that’s okay because we both know. ❤️ It just is really interesting haha. Oooh lol of course i want to now what your dream was about. That should go without saying that I would want to know.

- No you don’t. :( Nothing wrong with wanting sleep.

- Omggg whatttt? I thought you knew and always commented on me doing a long form of guys names. And yes I did this with Sam Hunt and you said his name was just Sam. :haha:That could have been about Sam Smith too - but thinking it was Sam Hunt.

- Ughh I can’t even explain how or why I didn’t guess it. I am such a bad guesser. :/ Ooh cause your comments and relationship that you have with this song. I know you had ups and downs with it and yea I was expecting this on here but wasn’t expecting it to be this high. Mhmmm yess. And dang your trick did work, haha. Yayy agreement.

- It is. Well I did mention, the Today Show. I did see her on there and performing some songs from her new album there o it was one song. Then the chorus here did sound familiar.

- Yay I am glad you do. Also forgot to mention that we have BP around the same area although you have this a few spots higher than me. Ooh awww ok, that’s good. Yayyy!

Yayy. Gahhh I try my best haha. Oh I was proud seeing your Mediabase clue there haha. Well those are the ones I feel strings about showing up and you usually want me to narrow down my guesses…… so I did that for you. :lmao:

Okay. I kind of want to say or ask some more things here, but then I also don't feel like it... or at least now. Well, it was going to go by without me telling you, but okay I'll tell you later.

- Yes... I do and we've talked about this. :closedeyes: 

- Of course I know this. I don't remember specifically with Sam, but either way, I was only talking about this conversation.

- Don't say that. :( Yes, but it ended on a good note. 

- I know, but I meant the other few times you heard it. 

- Oh yay us for that. 

You do. Oh, I'm not sure how to react, but I thought the song was doing well, so I checked to see if I could use a clue of this kind. Okay yes, but then that makes me wonder why you wouldn't think another song you named is going to show up. :unsure: 

On 2/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, *Chris said:

Catch up time!

56. Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You: Not as good as her other songs but still enjoyable. Really like the song though.
55. Maddie & Tae - Die From a Broken Heart: Really like this song - one of their best in a while

54. Jordan Davis - Take It From Me: Meh, don't really care for his music.

53. Tori Kelly - Sorry Would Go a Long Way: I do like Tori's voice but this song is not a stand out for me. 

52. Pentatonix - Waving Through A Window: Their harmonies are good but prefer the original to this - not my favourite from Dear Evan Hansen, though. 

51. Walker Hayes - 90's Country: Meh, male country just ain't my thing. 

- I don't know where it ranks for me, but it is probably up there with my favorites. At least you like it. :bobo: 

- Oh yay! 

- :(

- Aww okay. Which song is your favorite?

On 2/23/2020 at 3:45 PM, *Chris said:

50. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: I don't really care for this song - not bad but not in my alley.
49. Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone:  Love this song; it's one of my favourite from her album and was super happy that it was released as single - her vocals >>>

48. Lizzo - Juice: Yas! Love "Juice" - it's a total jam :bobo:

47. Sam Hunt - Kinfolks: This song is still growing on me; I do enjoy it. 

46. DJ Snake - Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna, & Cardi B]: Yeah, do not care for this.

45. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow: Ugh, this song :bye2:. Absolutely love the message of the song, the melody, her voice - everything about this song is perfect. Ugh, love her so much ❤️ 

- Oh yayy!! It seems to be most people's favorite on here.  Her voice is always amazing. ❤️ 

- :bobo: 

- YAY! You do like some male country. ❤️ 

- I knew you'd be here for this one. :wub: I agree and love everything about it.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:47 PM, *Chris said:

44. David Archuleta - Paralyzed: Not bad, not something I would go back to it. 
43. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger: Absolutely love this song; they both slay on this song - one of my favourite "upbeat" song of the past year.

42. Tori Kelly - Change Your Mind: One of the highlight of her past album - just love her voice and the lyrics of this song.

41. Camila Cabello - Living Proof: This is good, her voice is maturing nicely.

40. Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (featuring Khalid): Meh. 

39. Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down: This song is EVERYTHING. The message of it, the video, and how catchy it is - absolutely love it ❤️ 

- Aww okay. 

- I agree, they're both great. It's not really upbeat to me, but I like the tempo of it! 

- ❤️ 

- ❤️ 

- Yay for the love! :wub: 

On 2/22/2020 at 6:43 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

50. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed:  nht
49. Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone: Oooooh, I like this.  it's one of my favs from Cry Pretty.  Ohhh, this is a fan fav? idk, I don't talk to many Carrie fans  Yessss, I love the 'misery loves company' line to.

48. Lizzo - Juice: As I said in Wally's thread, the beginning sounds like Whitey Houston's 'I wanna dance with somebody'. lol   I must've forgot about this or something because I don't remember this at all.  Anyways, HOT song, it has a good beat too   

47. Sam Hunt - Kinfolks: nht

46. DJ Snake - Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna, & Cardi B]: pass on this

45. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow: nht

44. David Archuleta - Paralyzed: How many singles has he released? lol I only know 'Crush' lol 
43. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger: I'm slowly starting to like this, thanks to Wally's list  

42. Tori Kelly - Change Your Mind: nht

41. Camila Cabello - Living Proof: How many singles does she have? lol   Anyways love her but I nht 

40. Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (featuring Khalid):  Again, thanks to Wally, this is growing on me.

39. Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down:  Yesss love this!  Yeah, 'ME' is catchier. hahahI love those lines too. 

- Yeah, Drinking Alone seems to be a big favorite among most Carrie fans (at least on here). 

- Interesting comparison to the Whitney song! I'll have to listen for that. 

- David has released lots of music... technically 8 albums and 19 singles. 

- Camila has a lot of singles from her new album too, although lots of them didn't seem to get pushed to radio or anything. :unsure: Surprised you haven't heard this though. 

- I do prefer ME! as well. ❤️    

50. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: Your "this should be higher" sentence. :lmao: Anyway, this is ok for me; it's a midtempo and therefore not the most exciting or catchy. Sabrina does sound good though. 
49. Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone: Flawless, one of my top faovorites from Cry Pretty and the only great single choice in my opinion. 

48. Lizzo - Juice: Love this, such a jam. 

47. Sam Hunt - Kinfolks: Sam Hunt and his talk-singing style are very hit or miss for me, but this one is decent. Like Chris, it's still growing on me. 

46. DJ Snake - Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna, & Cardi B]: Don't care for this at all, sadly. 

45. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow: Flawless! Kacey's music has such a beautiful and ethereal feel and this is one of her best. :wub: 

44. David Archuleta - Paralyzed: I was not a fan of Up All Night at all, but I really like this, a slightly upbeat song from David that still has a powerful message and he sounds great on the "I'm paralyzed" lines. :thumbs: 
43. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger: Now here's a mid-tempo track I love, both Sam and Normani sound amazing on this. One of my favorite songs of the year. 

42. Tori Kelly - Change Your Mind: Really like this one from Tori, I think it's my favorite from her album that I've heard and not surprising considering it's the lead single.

41. Camila Cabello - Living Proof: This song gets into some parts of her voice that I don't care for (the high falsetto parts) but I like it for the most part!

40. Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (featuring Khalid): Yeah this isn't one of the ones from Ed's new album that I liked. 

39. Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down: Really like this, such a fun guilty pleasure. :bobo: 

INTERMISSION: Part 4

Meghan Trainor - Hurt Me

This is another song from Songland and one that I immediately hoped the artist would record. I love the poppy, catchy, bouncy sound of this so much. :bobo:  It's really fun right from the start, but I love how it starts to pick up in the pre-chorus where she goes: "You're acting like a child now, trying to take your anger out. Well, get my name out of your mouth, if you're just gonna tear me down"  My favorite is "get. my. name. out. of. your. mouutttthhh" :wub: She is putting this guy in his place and this line says it all: "And just 'cause you're hurting don't mean you get to hurt me" :bobo: The beat picks up a bit more in the second half of the chorus, which I love.  Oh, and this line is clever too: "Don't be so bitter, how 'bout we keep it sweet?"  And of course, the breakdown: "You don't get to hurt me, no, no, no, no"  :bobo: I do think I actually prefer the original performed by the songwriter, as it seemed to have more energy or something. I don't know, but it still suits Meghan so well and again, it's a shame it wasn't promoted beyond the show. :(  

Thomas Rhett - That Old Truck

In this song, Thomas reflects on all the memories that became of him with this truck he grew up with.  :wub: "I drove her to work, drove her to school, I drove her to PCB" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifThe melody of the chorus especially has a nostalgic kind of feel to it, which is so fitting for the story behind the song. "I grew up in it, Yeah, I got stuck in it, playin' our song on the stereo, drivin' 'til we ran outta road, Yeah, I broke up in it, I fell in love in it" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif That last part is my favorite. This really is a bittersweet story, and I'm sure most, if not all, of us can relate to having to part with something that meant a lot to us. "But that hand-me-down on four wheels, turned this boy into a man" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif And awww "But yeah, whoever's got it now, I hope they love that old truck" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifI hope so too. This gets to me.

Billy Eichner & Seth Rogan - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (from The Lion King)

This may seem silly to include because it's so short, but I don't care. I've always loved this song in general, and loved it again in the live action version of The Lion King. It's just so cheerful, catchy, nostalgic, and lots of wonderful things. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif Listen to that duet. :wub:  The animals in the video are beautiful too. Wee a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh! :bobo: You just have to dance and bounce around with them! Timon is singing his heart out and all the animals are joining in. :wub: This makes me so happy.

Beyonce - SPIRIT

I guess this was technically a single, but I get confused with movie songs sometimes. This is such a great song Beyonce contributed to the live action The Lion King.  The song is appropriately named because it has a very spiritual and powerful feel to it. I especially love the chorus where she sings "Whoa, spirit, Watch the heavens open, yeah, Spirit, can you hear it callin'?" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifIt just sounds so.... well what I already said. I also love this part of the bridge where she says "Your destiny is comin' close, stand up and fight" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I don't know why. .  I also think the video is so beautiful and love the parts of Beyonce mixed with movie scenes. It's all so visually effective.  

Pentatonix - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

I'm just going to put all the The Lion King songs together, although this one is a cover and not directly connected to the live action movie.   But this is one of my favorite songs ever, so of course I love that Pentatonix covered it.  :wub:  They sound so amazing throughout and omg their voices making up that background music is one of my favorites, like at 1:12. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif And then I love it so much as it picks up in the second verse that Kirstin sings. :omg:   But their vocals on all the lyrics and the whole song are so good and magical... wow that break down too. Ahh everything they do is amazing. 

Maddie & Tae - New Dog Old Tricks

This song caught my attention due to the title. It is a really fun song about how the guys they are dating try to pull out all the same tricks. New dog, old tricks. (!) BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. That's what I have to say. I love the part that goes "I seen this before, couldn't be moreee, nottt surppprrrised" and how that's sung. And then the chorus is so fun and energetic! "Hey baby, let me guess, you've never felt this before, My beauty takes your breath, Boy, get that jaw off the floor, Ain't my first rodeo, I know the way this goes wow, Baby, got a bone to pick, New dogs, old tricks" :bobo: omg "put a leash on it" part though. And then they sing my favorite part again with slightly different lyrics. "I seen this before, couldn't be moreee, notttt imprrreeeessed" I might love that one even more than the first one. But yes, this whole song is so sassy and I love it. They will not settle, and they shouldn't. Although both girls are now married (Tae as of this past Friday!) so this must be from their past. :haha: 

Avril Lavigne - Crush

This song has a really pretty and stripped back arrangement, which I like a lot. And I feel a connection with it right from the first line that says "You make me lose control" :giggle:  I love the play on words of the whole concept, as she doesn't want to be crushed by her crush. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif "It's just the way you are, the way that you walk, the way that you talk" :bobo: I love the sway of that part. And how she sings on the chorus is so pretty: "Don't crush, Don't crush me, no" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gifAnd the bridge into the last chorus too! heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif "Don't crush, 'cause I've crushed" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif It's that feeling of liking someone so much, and being worried of what could go wrong. I love it. 

Maren Morris - All My Favorite People (featuring Brothers Osborne)

This is really just a fun, party kind of song about having a good kind and celebrating your friends. I love the vibe of this. It's just a good, fun, country song. :bobo: And the collaboration with Brothers Osborne is really good and fitting. I love the way the verses are sung, but I love the kick in tempo on the chorus even more. "I don't know about them, but I know about us, it is what it is and we love who we love, not everybody gets what we're going through, but all my favorite people do"  I love how they give all these examples in the verses of things that "not everybody does" but it's what their favorite people do. This really has a great energy about it. The breakdown in the bridge is fun too! :bobo: 

Backstreet Boys - The Way It Was

This song stood out to me as my favorite from BSB's DNA album from first listen. :wub: I love the production on it, or the way the acoustics sound, so the vocals are highlighted. It sounds so goood and the singing is equally impressive. :wub: It's a sad song though, about what appears to be a relationship that should be in the past. But oh, that chorus gives me kind of Motown vibes. I can imagine a Viennese Waltz as well. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif "I'm going crazy over you, Over you again, It's never gonna be the way it was, It's never gonna be the way it was" I think the second way that line is sung is my favorite. But I don't know. I love all the little vocal inflections throughout the song. Wow 1:57. :omg: I love the build-up on the bridge, as well...  and that near acapella chorus that follows. Wow. This is flawless and everyone should know it. Also, I wonder if this could be the sequel to the story from "I Want It That Way"...  shifty.gif.2cea6c1070b3c0cedb22f868fa05c50b.gif

Taylor Swift - I Think He Knows

omg what a jammy bop or a boppy jam this is. :bobo: This is such pop ear candy that it is right up my ally and something I want to blast and sing along to all the time.  The snaps at the beginning already pull me in.  "Make me wanna know that body, like it's mine" shocked.gif.0c3e065f5a8e63795b49b1e0e0f58bcb.gif It starts off with this anticipation feel like it's going somewhere... and it surely does with the faster sung pre-chorus and of course, the best part... the chorus, which I'll get to in a minute. "He got that boyish look that I like in a man" :giggle: Love this line too though: "I am an architect, I'm drawing up the plans" And then "It's like I'm seventeen, nobody understands" MY LIFE. Wow. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  HE GOT MY HEARTBEAT. SKIPPING DOWN 16TH AVENUE. :bobo: OMG I'm so obsessed with this part already and can use this as like my life motto sometimes. :lmao: GOT THAT OH! I MEAN. WANNA SEE WHAT'S UNDER THAT ATTITUDE. :giggle: LIKE. I WANT YOU. BLESS MY SOUL. :bobo::giggle: I AIN'T GOTTA TELL HIM I THINK HE KNOWS. :bobo: I THINK HE KNOWS. (!) The beat is so good on the verses and it builds up so well into the explosion of pop jamminess from the chorus! :wub::bobo: I'm just gonna keep :bobo: over here.  I WANT YOU BLESS MY  I WANT YOU BLESS MY I WANT YOU BLESS MY I WANT YOU BLESS MY SOUL. :bobo: Love that part of the bridge? Or whatever it is before it goes into what I know is the bridge. "Lyrical smile, indigo eyes, hand on my thigh, we can follow the sparks, I'll drive"  That's cute. But the next part is my favorite.... "So where we gonna go? I whisper in the dark, where we gonna go? I think he knows"  That second "where we gonna go?" is my favorite and I love how she sings that. :wub: And love how that I THINK HE KNOWS explodes and goes back into the best chorus. :ohyeah: There is so much more energy and great ad-libs here in the last chorus!  I WANT YOU BLESS MY   :bobo: That part is back. The ad-libs at 2:42. :wub: And the way the song ends! I THINK HE KNOWS. It's just so final and assured. Ugh, love. Don't know if this would be a single, but I would be here for it and jamming every second like I already do.  :ohyeah:

Hunter Hayes -  Still

I meant to say this on the previous Hunter song, but... ALERT THE MEDIA because Hunter actually has a song over 3 minutes long. And this song is so beautiful and deep. It kind of reminds me of a prayer or something, but the title says it all, as he's seeking stillness... which I imagine a lot of us can relate to in this crazy,  stressful, and overwhelming world.  These opening lyrics speak to me so much: "Soul be still, you love to worry, it's okay, you always will" Ugh. crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif  So true. I can definitely relate to this on so many levels, but this first verse is all about trying to put that to rest and as he says, "take the time to take a break and count the stars" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  Ah the melody and piano are so beautiful behind his voice and it's just perfect.  I especially love the melody on the last part of the verse: "Yeah, there's glory in the mountains that we climb, but stillness brings a peace no search can find" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif And yes, this song is pretty much made up of four verses and no chorus.  But it works, and makes it feel more like a prayer, as I mentioned.  The second verse is him talking to his heart. "Heart, find rest, don't feel the need to beat yourself to death" :broken: The lyrics are so goood. "Don't let the pain paint over all the good that's left" Yes. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifIn the third verse he talks about fear... I love how he sings "Oh, fear, my old friend"  And this part: "You started fights and I've let you in, but it's only weakness if I let you in again" :wub: "don't you think we've wrestled long enough?" Yes. And ahh the music there before the last verse is so beautiful and haunting. The last verse is him talking to God. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifThis is my favorite verse and I love every lyric so much.  "Father, I know your truth, and through all the madness, know I still believe in you" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifAnd then "And with all that we've been through, it's only mercy you believe in me too" omg. crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif This can apply to us all.  "With every breath I breathe, you prove to me you do" Yes. Amen. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif

Meghan Trainor - Hurt Me:
Thomas Rhett - That Old Truck:
Billy Eichner & Seth Rogan - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (from The Lion King):
Beyonce - SPIRIT:

Pentatonix - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?:

Maddie & Tae - New Dog Old Tricks:

Avril Lavigne - Crush:

Maren Morris - All My Favorite People (featuring Brothers Osborne):
Backstreet Boys - The Way It Was:
Taylor Swift - I Think He Knows:
Hunter Hayes -  Still:

54 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

50. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: Your "this should be higher" sentence. :lmao: Anyway, this is ok for me; it's a midtempo and therefore not the most exciting or catchy. Sabrina does sound good though. 
49. Carrie Underwood - Drinking Alone: Flawless, one of my top faovorites from Cry Pretty and the only great single choice in my opinion. 

48. Lizzo - Juice: Love this, such a jam. 

47. Sam Hunt - Kinfolks: Sam Hunt and his talk-singing style are very hit or miss for me, but this one is decent. Like Chris, it's still growing on me. 

46. DJ Snake - Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Ozuna, & Cardi B]: Don't care for this at all, sadly. 

45. Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow: Flawless! Kacey's music has such a beautiful and ethereal feel and this is one of her best. :wub: 

- I feel that a lot. :haha: Aww I thought it had more tempo than that, but at least you think she sounds good! 

- I knew you loved this one! Aww, I love the other singles though. 

- :bobo: 

- Aww okay, but yay! 😄 

- Yes, glad you love this too! ❤️ 

39 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

44. David Archuleta - Paralyzed: I was not a fan of Up All Night at all, but I really like this, a slightly upbeat song from David that still has a powerful message and he sounds great on the "I'm paralyzed" lines. :thumbs: 
43. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With a Stranger: Now here's a mid-tempo track I love, both Sam and Normani sound amazing on this. One of my favorite songs of the year. 

42. Tori Kelly - Change Your Mind: Really like this one from Tori, I think it's my favorite from her album that I've heard and not surprising considering it's the lead single.

41. Camila Cabello - Living Proof: This song gets into some parts of her voice that I don't care for (the high falsetto parts) but I like it for the most part!

40. Ed Sheeran - Beautiful People (featuring Khalid): Yeah this isn't one of the ones from Ed's new album that I liked. 

39. Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down: Really like this, such a fun guilty pleasure. :bobo: 

- Ah yes, I agree with how you described this. :wub:  Yay! 

- A mid-tempo you lovis shocking. :haha: But agree, they sound great. 

- Oh yay! Everyone seems to like this one best, which is good since it's her highest ranked single here. :teeheewave:  

- Ahh I see. :(  But okay, that's good! 

- Yay! 

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

Okay. I kind of want to say or ask some more things here, but then I also don't feel like it... or at least now. Well, it was going to go by without me telling you, but okay I'll tell you later.

- Yes... I do and we've talked about this. :closedeyes: 

- Of course I know this. I don't remember specifically with Sam, but either way, I was only talking about this conversation.

- Don't say that. :( Yes, but it ended on a good note. 

- I know, but I meant the other few times you heard it. 

- Oh yay us for that. 

You do. Oh, I'm not sure how to react, but I thought the song was doing well, so I checked to see if I could use a clue of this kind. Okay yes, but then that makes me wonder why you wouldn't think another song you named is going to show up. :unsure: 

Oooooh snap! 😮 I am curious what you mean and are referring to here. You can ask me anything you want here, so lemme know. ❤️ Ooh awww at this but okay, please do tell me later.

- Aww. :( But ok with what we had talked about yesterday, I know what you’re referring to.

- OK that’s good. I definitely remember because you told me his name was Sam not Samuel, when I first called him that. :haha:

- Aww thanks. :( I just tell the truth but yeah I am glad it ended on a good note. ❤️

- Ooohh, I think I saw her singing it on other shows

- ❤️

Thanks. ❤️ Oooh ok, that works and hey that kind of clue helps me guess so I am gad you used that. Uhhh I don’t know. A lot of what I guessed I think probably wouldn’t show up but I mentioned them just in case i get surprised and they do show up.

Meghan Trainor - Hurt Me: Ooh gosh I feel like i barely remember tehse SongLand songs now. :lmao:  You describe the song well and it does have a fun sound to it. It is a fun pop song. But ooo the chorus got a lot slower than I was expecting…. or maybe e that was the pre chorus. If so then nevermind. It is fun and I do like it and all of the parts you mentioned. I’m not really sure if I can see this as a single but I do like it.

Thomas Rhett - That Old Truck: This song does have a nice sweet sentimental message to it. Thomas sounds nice and sings this song with a lot of heart. It definitely has that true storytelling feel nature with what he’s singing. I can see and get how it’s relatable. Aww at the last lyric you mention - I hope they will love the truck. Nice song.

Billy Eichner & Seth Rogan - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (from The Lion King): I never imagined these two singing. :lmao: Lol I can’t really take them singing tis all that seriously but ialso loved this song from the original TLK and it’s fun here too. LOL I love the part you mentioned with the wee a weema-wah parts. And lmaoo wow this ended abruptly. :lmao: 

Beyonce - SPIRIT: Aww I’m sad that this isn’t on your main list since yeah it is the lead single from the LK movie. :( I was thinking this would be on here but started giving up on this being here. But I am happy you do have this on your list and acknowledged it here. ❤️ This is a very beautiful an moving song. Definitely has a great spiritual and powerful feel to it and Beyonce sounds amazing on it o course. YESS she slaysss that chorus so much. :omg: Love all of the power and belting she showcases in her voice here :wub: Love all of the parts you mentioned and yess your comments on the video. Its really gorgeous. And ugh this song deserved much more attention generally speaking.

Pentatonix - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?: omgg i was not expecting you to put all of these TLK songs back to back like this :lmao:  I had no idea Pentatonix covered this song but cool to learn. This is a great song and they sound great singing this from start, finish and throughout it all. Kirstin does sound really pretty on this…. and a really good cover of this from them. Ooh and this reminds me Beyoncé covers this song for the movie, although I wish and will forever be mad she didn’t cover The Circle of Life.

Maddie & Tae - New Dog Old Tricks: Oooh lol interesting song title and with an even moe interesting storyline to the song here. Veryyy interesting stuff here. :haha:  I do like these more sassy feisty female country songs so this was easier for me to get into and really enjoy it. It definitely has a fun cheeky sassy sound to it and yah the girls showcase a lot of personality and fun with this. :haha: Ooh whoa Tae just got married this past Friday? Woww so recent but congrats to her. It’s fun and I do like this.

Avril Lavigne - Crush: LOL your comments on the first sentence. Oh my, who you talking about here? :giggle: omggg awww nooo don’t be crushed buy your crush, that would be sad. Oooh this song has an interesting soft subtle feel to it, that….. I can’t really think of hat this reminds me of. This song does have a nice pretty sound to it and Avril sounds really pretty and good on this. I like the feel and vibe of this.

Maren Morris - All My Favorite People (featuring Brothers Osborne): Oooh I definitely get your comments on the feel and vibe of this song. Hmmm this song has an interesting sound to it. Some of it I like and some of it, I don’t really care for….and I keep going back and forth on it. Maren does sound really good and I do like how she sounds and sings on the chorus. I don’t really care for Brothers Osborne’s part so oops. I can get you liking this and yeah it is fun but I need to get some adjustments to this. Although I am liking the parts towards the end - sooo I guess it’s the verses that has me conflicted. 

Backstreet Boys - The Way It Was: Aww his is nice to hear that this song stood out to you when you listened to their album. Ooh i was waiting for this Motown feel/comment you were saying about this song but i think I got it once it got to the pre-chorus/chorus feel to it. Hmmm definitely not your typical BSB sounding song and very different from them for sure. It’s intriguing but they d sound really good and I do like the parts you mention. Oooh what makes you think of this being a sequel to IWITW which even they don’t know what that song is about lmao.

Taylor Swift - I Think He Knows: omggg jammy bop or boppy jam. Oh you. :lmao: Hmmm now this is a song i don’t think i ever early heard of or at least I don’t remember this title. i get your comments on describing this song here. But ooo this song does have a sexier sound from Taylor. Def hear this mysterious feel to it too. The chorus kinda has a Prince/Janelle  Monae feel to it which I wouldn’t have expected from her. 😮  But it is really fun and I do really like those parts. :bobo: OMGG your comment on the boyish look in a man…. GIRL I KNOW YOU LOVE THAT. 😘 omggg wow you are boboing along to this sooo much, haahha. I really like the “I want you to bless my soul” parts. But yeah this song stylistically is sooo different and not what i would expect from Taylor but it as a really fun and catchy song. Not sure if this would ever be a single but I would love that as I could see myself growing to love this eventually. 

Hunter Hayes -  Still: OMGG your dramatic opening comments of Hunter having a song over 3 minutes long. :lmao: Oh you, hahaha. Right from the start of this song, i can definitely tell this will be a deep, raw, haunting and emotional song for sure…. and it definitely is. :( It does have a very subtle and simple arrangement with just his voice and the piano ut that is all this song needs. Gah yeah you are pointing out so much deep powerful lyrics here. All so touching. :'( I can’t really pinpoint a chorus in this song but oh well - doesn’t take away from the serious sounding and subject matter of the song. Great commentary you provided on this song and a very powerful song. 

10 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oooooh snap! 😮 I am curious what you mean and are referring to here. You can ask me anything you want here, so lemme know. ❤️ Ooh awww at this but okay, please do tell me later.

- Aww. :( But ok with what we had talked about yesterday, I know what you’re referring to.

- OK that’s good. I definitely remember because you told me his name was Sam not Samuel, when I first called him that. :haha:

Thanks. ❤️ Oooh ok, that works and hey that kind of clue helps me guess so I am gad you used that. Uhhh I don’t know. A lot of what I guessed I think probably wouldn’t show up but I mentioned them just in case i get surprised and they do show up.

Meghan Trainor - Hurt Me: Ooh gosh I feel like i barely remember tehse SongLand songs now. :lmao:  You describe the song well and it does have a fun sound to it. It is a fun pop song. But ooo the chorus got a lot slower than I was expecting…. or maybe e that was the pre chorus. If so then nevermind. It is fun and I do like it and all of the parts you mentioned. I’m not really sure if I can see this as a single but I do like it.

Thomas Rhett - That Old Truck: This song does have a nice sweet sentimental message to it. Thomas sounds nice and sings this song with a lot of heart. It definitely has that true storytelling feel nature with what he’s singing. I can see and get how it’s relatable. Aww at the last lyric you mention - I hope they will love the truck. Nice song.

Billy Eichner & Seth Rogan - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (from The Lion King): I never imagined these two singing. :lmao: Lol I can’t really take them singing tis all that seriously but ialso loved this song from the original TLK and it’s fun here too. LOL I love the part you mentioned with the wee a weema-wah parts. And lmaoo wow this ended abruptly. :lmao: 

Beyonce - SPIRIT: Aww I’m sad that this isn’t on your main list since yeah it is the lead single from the LK movie. :( I was thinking this would be on here but started giving up on this being here. But I am happy you do have this on your list and acknowledged it here. ❤️ This is a very beautiful an moving song. Definitely has a great spiritual and powerful feel to it and Beyonce sounds amazing on it o course. YESS she slaysss that chorus so much. :omg: Love all of the power and belting she showcases in her voice here :wub: Love all of the parts you mentioned and yess your comments on the video. Its really gorgeous. And ugh this song deserved much more attention generally speaking.

Pentatonix - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?: omgg i was not expecting you to put all of these TLK songs back to back like this :lmao:  I had no idea Pentatonix covered this song but cool to learn. This is a great song and they sound great singing this from start, finish and throughout it all. Kirstin does sound really pretty on this…. and a really good cover of this from them. Ooh and this reminds me Beyoncé covers this song for the movie, although I wish and will forever be mad she didn’t cover The Circle of Life.

Maddie & Tae - New Dog Old Tricks: Oooh lol interesting song title and with an even moe interesting storyline to the song here. Veryyy interesting stuff here. :haha:  I do like these more sassy feisty female country songs so this was easier for me to get into and really enjoy it. It definitely has a fun cheeky sassy sound to it and yah the girls showcase a lot of personality and fun with this. :haha: Ooh whoa Tae just got married this past Friday? Woww so recent but congrats to her. It’s fun and I do like this.

Avril Lavigne - Crush: LOL your comments on the first sentence. Oh my, who you talking about here? :giggle: omggg awww nooo don’t be crushed buy your crush, that would be sad. Oooh this song has an interesting soft subtle feel to it, that….. I can’t really think of hat this reminds me of. This song does have a nice pretty sound to it and Avril sounds really pretty and good on this. I like the feel and vibe of this.

Maren Morris - All My Favorite People (featuring Brothers Osborne): Oooh I definitely get your comments on the feel and vibe of this song. Hmmm this song has an interesting sound to it. Some of it I like and some of it, I don’t really care for….and I keep going back and forth on it. Maren does sound really good and I do like how she sounds and sings on the chorus. I don’t really care for Brothers Osborne’s part so oops. I can get you liking this and yeah it is fun but I need to get some adjustments to this. Although I am liking the parts towards the end - sooo I guess it’s the verses that has me conflicted. 

Backstreet Boys - The Way It Was: Aww his is nice to hear that this song stood out to you when you listened to their album. Ooh i was waiting for this Motown feel/comment you were saying about this song but i think I got it once it got to the pre-chorus/chorus feel to it. Hmmm definitely not your typical BSB sounding song and very different from them for sure. It’s intriguing but they d sound really good and I do like the parts you mention. Oooh what makes you think of this being a sequel to IWITW which even they don’t know what that song is about lmao.

Taylor Swift - I Think He Knows: omggg jammy bop or boppy jam. Oh you. :lmao: Hmmm now this is a song i don’t think i ever early heard of or at least I don’t remember this title. i get your comments on describing this song here. But ooo this song does have a sexier sound from Taylor. Def hear this mysterious feel to it too. The chorus kinda has a Prince/Janelle  Monae feel to it which I wouldn’t have expected from her. 😮  But it is really fun and I do really like those parts. :bobo: OMGG your comment on the boyish look in a man…. GIRL I KNOW YOU LOVE THAT. 😘 omggg wow you are boboing along to this sooo much, haahha. I really like the “I want you to bless my soul” parts. But yeah this song stylistically is sooo different and not what i would expect from Taylor but it as a really fun and catchy song. Not sure if this would ever be a single but I would love that as I could see myself growing to love this eventually. 

Hunter Hayes -  Still: OMGG your dramatic opening comments of Hunter having a song over 3 minutes long. :lmao: Oh you, hahaha. Right from the start of this song, i can definitely tell this will be a deep, raw, haunting and emotional song for sure…. and it definitely is. :( It does have a very subtle and simple arrangement with just his voice and the piano ut that is all this song needs. Gah yeah you are pointing out so much deep powerful lyrics here. All so touching. :'( I can’t really pinpoint a chorus in this song but oh well - doesn’t take away from the serious sounding and subject matter of the song. Great commentary you provided on this song and a very powerful song. 

Just more about this topic, but I don't want to do it anymore or right here. Maybe later. Yes, I will tell you that.

- Thank you. :( :hug:  

- Ooh, I think I do kind of remember because according to Wikipedia, his full name does not include Samuel. 

Okay, yay. Well, the question still lingers because there is one you named I would think you'd expect to show up, yet didn't include in the narrowed down ones. :unsure: 

- Sorry. :( Thank you and I agree! Yeah, that may be kind of what I was describing as being different from the original. Oh? I thought it sounded like a single, but it won't be now.

- Yes, it does. ❤️ I'm glad you think so.  Yay. 

- Aww... I'm not that familiar with them, although one of the guys was on Parks & Rec (but don't know him by name) and just know the other name. But :wub: It's so fun and happy. Aww. Me too. ❤️  Oh.

- Sorry, I didn't really know.  I make mistakes. :( But yes, I included it in some way. I agree with what you said here. Oh, I thought it got attention? It looks like it was nominated for a lot of awards.

- I felt like it. Aww... yes I agree. Oh yes, her version was in the movie for that scene, of course.  Ah that would be a really good one for her to sing.

- Yes.  Oh, well I'm glad you like and could get into this! Yayy. :bobo: Yes, she did. I'm glad you do!

- I forgot what I said, so *looks*  Oh, that. Well, a lot of people. I would hope not. :( Oh hmm not sure. But yes, I agree.

- Yayy. Oh okay. :unsure: Darn, I really like all of them and all the parts of this. But ah well okay, maybe it grew on you! Or maybe not. lol But oh well. 

- Thank you. Yes, hear it in the chorus! This is sooo good though. :wub: I'm obsessed with the song of this. Well... they wanted it ~that way~, and now this is about ~the way~ it was.

- That's what it is! Ooooh well you should, but also I'm glad to share it with you for the first time. :bobo: Oh, I didn't really think that, but interesting. It is so fun. lol maybe I do sometimes. I know, I can't stop! :bobo: YAY.  Oh hmm, I haven't really thought that, but okay. omg you could love it. :wub: 

- It's true though. So many songs I posted of his the last couple years were so short. Aww yes, it is. 😢❤️  I agree. The beauty is in the simplicity and realness of it. Yeah, that's what I said about no chorus. Thank you and glad you think so.

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Just more about this topic, but I don't want to do it anymore or right here. Maybe later. Yes, I will tell you that.

- Thank you. :( :hug:  

- Ooh, I think I do kind of remember because according to Wikipedia, his full name does not include Samuel. 

Okay, yay. Well, the question still lingers because there is one you named I would think you'd expect to show up, yet didn't include in the narrowed down ones. :unsure: 

- Sorry. :( Thank you and I agree! Yeah, that may be kind of what I was describing as being different from the original. Oh? I thought it sounded like a single, but it won't be now.

- Yes, it does. ❤️ I'm glad you think so.  Yay. 

- Aww... I'm not that familiar with them, although one of the guys was on Parks & Rec (but don't know him by name) and just know the other name. But :wub: It's so fun and happy. Aww. Me too. ❤️  Oh.

- Sorry, I didn't really know.  I make mistakes. :( But yes, I included it in some way. I agree with what you said here. Oh, I thought it got attention? It looks like it was nominated for a lot of awards.

- I felt like it. Aww... yes I agree. Oh yes, her version was in the movie for that scene, of course.  Ah that would be a really good one for her to sing.

- Yes.  Oh, well I'm glad you like and could get into this! Yayy. :bobo: Yes, she did. I'm glad you do!

- I forgot what I said, so *looks*  Oh, that. Well, a lot of people. I would hope not. :( Oh hmm not sure. But yes, I agree.

- Yayy. Oh okay. :unsure: Darn, I really like all of them and all the parts of this. But ah well okay, maybe it grew on you! Or maybe not. lol But oh well. 

- Thank you. Yes, hear it in the chorus! This is sooo good though. :wub: I'm obsessed with the song of this. Well... they wanted it ~that way~, and now this is about ~the way~ it was.

- That's what it is! Ooooh well you should, but also I'm glad to share it with you for the first time. :bobo: Oh, I didn't really think that, but interesting. It is so fun. lol maybe I do sometimes. I know, I can't stop! :bobo: YAY.  Oh hmm, I haven't really thought that, but okay. omg you could love it. :wub: 

- It's true though. So many songs I posted of his the last couple years were so short. Aww yes, it is. 😢❤️  I agree. The beauty is in the simplicity and realness of it. Yeah, that's what I said about no chorus. Thank you and glad you think so.

Oooh okay. :’( I understand. OK and yayy thanks.

- Mhmm. :hug:❤️ 

- Ahhh ok, yayy glad you remember this now. 😄 I never checked his name on wiki but thanks for this info.

Hmmm I can’t remember all of what I guessed now but wonder what you are referring to here? And one you think I wouldn’t expect to show up yet like expect it to be higher or something else? Maybe I didn’t look hard enough or something.

- Aww it’s okay. Yayy I like this agreement here. Oooh I see what you were saying there. Hmmm I wasn’t really sure. It could and lol I could change my mind if I were o listen to it again haha. Aww yeah. :(

- Mhmmm. I doo and am glad too. ❤️

- I see but ooo I thought you would have at least recognized Seth Rogen a bit. He’s an actor and comedian, that’s been in a lot of movies - moreso funny/comedic type movies. Billy Eichner is also an actor/comedian too. But oh i did not know he was on Parks & Rec I know him more for being on his own show of Billy on the Street. But yeah I never imagined or pictured either of them as singers. :haha: It is a fun and happy song. Yayy.

- Ooo awww it’s okay. :(:hug: Awwww Denisey, don’t say that. I am glad you did include this on here though. ❤️ Yayy agreement! Ooh I mostly meant that I wish it had radio airplay and this got snubbed from the Best Original Song Oscar. So those but besides that, I am happy it did get recognized from other award shows.

- I seee. :haha: Ooh awww yayy. ❤️ Ugh yess it sure would have been. ❤️

- Yess me too. :bobo: I am glad as well.

- Oooh awww you. :giggle: Yess, that. Oooo like who? shifty: Ditto. Ooh alright. More agreement. ❤️ 

- Mhmmm yeah. Awww sorry. That’s cool you like all of the parts on this. But yeah songs have different first reactions and growth rates on me so it ould be something that could grow on me if i heard it more. Never now.

- You’re welcome. Mhmmm yeah I did hear it in the chorus. Ooooh whoa, awww i am glad to hear you are obsessed with this haha. 😮 Oooh, ok that is interesting there haha.

- Ooo ok. I might have but gahh it (the title) doesn’t really stick out to me. An aww thanks for sharing this for the first time with me. Ooh I do but I wanna look things up to see if others agree with me - but I might forget to, aha. It is a fun sounding song. omgggg i seee you boboing along so much. :haha:  Awww I understand. It’s possible. 😮

- Oooh awww yeah I know and remember you commenting on this with Hunter having shorter songs. Aww yea :( Samee. Ooh yeah I get and understand you on all of this. Ooh oops, I overlooked that part. That is strange but it doesn’t bother me. Aww yes. :hug:

16 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Hmmm I can’t remember all of what I guessed now but wonder what you are referring to here? And one you think I wouldn’t expect to show up yet like expect it to be higher or something else? Maybe I didn’t look hard enough or something.

- I see but ooo I thought you would have at least recognized Seth Rogen a bit. He’s an actor and comedian, that’s been in a lot of movies - moreso funny/comedic type movies. Billy Eichner is also an actor/comedian too. But oh i did not know he was on Parks & Rec I know him more for being on his own show of Billy on the Street. But yeah I never imagined or pictured either of them as singers. :haha: It is a fun and happy song. Yayy.

- Ooo awww it’s okay. :(:hug: Awwww Denisey, don’t say that. I am glad you did include this on here though. ❤️ Yayy agreement! Ooh I mostly meant that I wish it had radio airplay and this got snubbed from the Best Original Song Oscar. So those but besides that, I am happy it did get recognized from other award shows.

- Oooh awww you. :giggle: Yess, that. Oooo like who? shifty: Ditto. Ooh alright. More agreement. ❤️ 

- Mhmmm yeah. Awww sorry. That’s cool you like all of the parts on this. But yeah songs have different first reactions and growth rates on me so it ould be something that could grow on me if i heard it more. Never now.

- Ooo ok. I might have but gahh it (the title) doesn’t really stick out to me. An aww thanks for sharing this for the first time with me. Ooh I do but I wanna look things up to see if others agree with me - but I might forget to, aha. It is a fun sounding song. omgggg i seee you boboing along so much. :haha:  Awww I understand. It’s possible. 😮

- Oooh awww yeah I know and remember you commenting on this with Hunter having shorter songs. Aww yea :( Samee. Ooh yeah I get and understand you on all of this. Ooh oops, I overlooked that part. That is strange but it doesn’t bother me. Aww yes. :hug:

Noo,  one you *would* expect to show up, not wouldn't.  You said you narrowed it down to the ones you most thought would show up.... yet there's another (should be obvious) one you named that I don't get why you wouldn't think would also show up. :unsure: 

- I said I know one of the names lol and that's him. I don't think I really watched anything he did. Yes I know, and he was on that, which my brother told me, because I didn't know that was who voiced Timon. Oh, I know of that show too and didn't realize it was him either. They aren't necessary "singers", but their characters are singing here. Anyone can sing.

- Okay, that's good. Oh, from being nominated? Ah I see. 

- lol. You know who, so I don't know why you want me to name drop every time.

- omg this "Never now" at the end, as if there's no way it would happen now. I'm sure you meant "know" though.

- Okay, but I want to be the one to show it to you, so good. You're welcome. Okay. I have to bobo!

- Yeah. :(  Okay, but yes, it makes it more like a prayer. ❤️ 

Love that Thomas Rhett song!

I love the Lion Sleeps Tonight as well!

Beyonce's Spirit only an honorable mention? Wally would be ashamed. :giggle:

Can You Feel the Love Tonight isn't one of my favorite songs but I love the background vocals as well.

Love Crus! Those Maren and Maddie and Tae songs aren't my favorites or anything but they're still fun.

Hunter's song was really nice too.

INTERMISSION: Part 5

Brennin Hunt & Tinashe (from Rent Live) - Light My Candle

I featured a song from Rent Live earlier, and here is another one of my favorites from it. I had this stuck in my head so much, and for SO long when I would light my candles at home... this song would again pop up in my head. I'd just hear Tinashe's voice all the time. :dead: "Would you light my caaaannnnddle?" Her and Brennin were really cute together in this show (and also poor guy as he actually broke his foot in the dress rehearsal).  This song does seem to go on for quite awhile, but I enjoy it. "Your smile reminded me of --" "I always remind people of --" :giggle: I don't know why I love that. Mimi (Tinashe's character) is so flirty in this, always wanting him to light her candle again, among other things she says. Oh my. "You're staring again." :lmao: That part was cute. But ouch at "Like your dead girlfriend?"  OMG one of my parts... "You look like you're sixteen" "I'm nineteen" If that's not relatable I don't know what is! :wub: "Bah humbug" :lmao: I love that part too for some reason. And my favorite... "You wanna dance?"  "With you?"  "No -- with my father" :lmao:  That was so cute and the whole ending with them dancing is. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif But ah, she walks away. Not nice. I really enjoy both Brennin and Tinashe's vocals on this and their chemistry is cute. 

P!nk - Happy

This is such a real and raw song, and kind of reminds of some of Pink's older music in a way. "Since I was 17, I've always hated my body, and it feels like my body's hated me" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Aww. The song is really about that struggle with finding happiness. The chorus is my favorite. "I don't wanna be this way forever, keep telling myself that I'll get better, every time I try, I always stop me, maybe I'm just scared to be happy"  But this lyric from the second verse also stands out to me and is relatable: "I've been with somebody who loves me, and I've been tryna believe it's true, but my head always messes up my heart" :(  Ahh the melody of this makes me feel sad and nostalgic and lots of things.  

Ed Sheeran -  Put it All on Me (featuring Ella Mai)

This song has a music video! Yet it's not one of Ed's many singles from the album. Interesting. "Having my woman there is good for my soul, I try to be strong, well, I got demons, so can I lean on you? I need a strong heart and a soft touch, and you're the one when I want love" I love that whole part. :wub: This song has such a sweet sound that suits the lyrics, as it's all about love and leaning on each other for strength. "Hey baby, we can dance slowly, my darlin', I'll be all you need, I know it hasn't been your day, your week, your week, your week, so put it all on me " :bobo:heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif So sweet. Ella Mai's voice is so good and fits in well to the song. I love one of the same parts that she sings. "I try to be strong, but I got demons, so can I lean on you? I need a strong heart and a soft touch, and you're the one when I want love" :wub:  "Your arms are where I wanna remain, grab my waist when I start to say, now" Love that too. The whole song has a great feel and vibe I love.  I love when they sing together near the end too.

Ariana Grande & Chaka Khan - Nobody

Here is another song from the new Charlie's Angels soundtrack, this time featuring one of pop's biggest modern stars and a legendary singer together. This has such a soulful, funky kind of sound to it that I love. :bobo:  They are singing about their love of their man and both sound so great on their individual parts. The chorus is so fun though and my favorite.  "Who gonna love you like, like, like me? Nobody (like, nobody)" :bobo: It's cool how they switch who sings the first verse and the pre-chorus the second time around. I especially love both of their transitions into the choruses where they really belt. :omg:  But yeah, this is fun and a great collaboration between two fantastic vocalists.

Emily Ann Roberts - God Must Have Told You To

I know Emily Ann Roberts was on The Voice, but I never watched her season and I heard of her somewhere else. I think this is my favorite song I heard of hers so far. It's soo pretty, cute, and sweet. I especially love the chorus. "I don't know how you got me all figured out, it’s like you came down on an angel's wings" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Her voice sounds so angelic there. "Made just for me, you always know what to do, God must have told you to" It's like this guy is perfect for her and she doesn't know any other way than if God told him what to do. Her little vocal inflections at the end of the song are all pretty too. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif 

Camila Cabello - Dream of You

I have tons of Camila songs both on and off the actual list, and here is another one. It's so pretty and romantic. She's singing all these things about the guy she loves and has learned about him. I love the pre-chorus where she goes "And you squeeze my hands two times, three times" But then I love the chorus even more and those high notes she hits. :omg:  "All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you"  :wub: The chorus has somewhat of a build-up too, which I love. This lyric from the second verse also stands out to me: "I was not living, I was just writing about it" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif That reminds me of what she's said about this album in general, which was something about how these songs were born from actually being in love and not fantasizing about it. That's great, and ahh I love her heavenly vocals near the end of the song too.

Thomas Rhett - Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (featuring Little Big Town)

I will make sure to shout out Wally on this song since I know he likes it and told me about Thomas performing it on SNL last year. He said if I included this in here, I needed to let him know this was the song, so here we are. (!) This is a groovy and funky kind of song. I don't even know. "Don't have to tell me, girl, yeah, I know that it's Wednesday" :giggle: I was going to say that's it not, but what do you know, Thomas? I am actually posting this on a Wednesday. The chorus really kicks the energy up a notch and I love it! "Hop on up on that counter, let me see how you move, Let me up there beside ya, stand back, watch me cut loose, pour a little liquor, make this living room twirl, watch me set this night on fire" :bobo: It's so jammy. The addition of Little Big Town, or Karen Fairchild since I only hear her, is nice as well. I love that "And I'm lovin' everything you do, baby" and "But no, I won't be asleep 'til 2, 3, 4 in the mornin')" parts in the bridge. "Baby, you know I love a party, don't threaten me with a good time" :bobo:  I love how Thomas sings that, especially at the end. 

Carly Pearce - It Won't Always Be Like This

I was feeling sad the first time I listened to this song, and it really spoke to me with the feeling that... it won't always be like this. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifI feel like the lyrics of this can be applied to many different kind of situations, as it kind of mentions different things throughout that won't always be there, whether good or bad. She talks in the first verse about another situation growing up though: "I remember how I couldn’t wait to get out of my hometown, now I’m looking for every excuse to go back on the weekend" I'm sure a lot of people can relate to that feeling of wanting to grow up and get out, only to feel different once you reach that stage of life.  The way she sings the chorus is so so pretty and gets me in the feels. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif "It won’t always be like thiiissss" Ugh love that. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif "I know nothing lasts forever, but sometimes I still forget it won’t always be like this" Yes. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif This part of the second verse is also interesting to me: "I had big wings but didn’t have a sky, just a front row view of everybody flying high" :( That is kind of sad. I just love that lyric though of having big wings, but no sky.  I also love how she changes up some lyrics in the second chorus and how she sings "No, the heart won't ache forever, no matter how hard it gets" :broken: That's what applied to me in my down moment. This can be really motivational song.  But it really has different situations she talks about throughout, like "I wish life would last forever, so I could live it all again" That is more so about embracing the current moment since things will change and not always be the same. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifAh, so many thoughts and feelings from this song. It's so beautiful. 

Bexar - Handmade

I know I had a Bexar song on my list earlier, but I believe this was the first one I actually heard from them. I really loved it right away and had to know what song it was. It's such a cute, sweet love song, and  again, the vocals and style of it remind me so much of Thomas Rhett. And yes, he is also included in this set for comparison, so yay me. If I didn't know any better, I would think this was him. But anyway, I love the feel of the whole song, but especially the chorus. "I love the taste of your kiss, the way it fits on my lips, It's like your love was handmade for me babe" :bobo: And how adorable is that. :wub: I also really love how he sings "Girl your love is so handmade" in the bridge. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif This is such a feel good and sweet song.  

Cheyenne Jackson & Dove Cameron (from Descendants 3) - Do What You Gotta Do

Well, this is a jam. Descendants 3 premiered on my birthday last year because at least somebody out there loves me and this song stood out to me instantly as my favorite. :wub:  It's so catchy and addicting. If I said I wasn't jamming to this in my living room on my birthday night that would be a lie. :bobo:  We have Dove's character, Mal, confronting her estranged father, Hades, in this song... and it makes for a true bop.  The music has me sold right from the start, and both Cheyenne and Dove's delivery on this is fantastic. :bobo:  "Listen, little girl, you're talking to a God, and I don't wanna hear the drama" :bobo: And I always love this part too: "Try being married to your mama!" :giggle: But I love it all, especially the back and forth between them.  And the belting! I ONLY NEED YOU CAUSE I CAME HERE FOR SOMETHING. I'VE GIVEN YOU EVERYTHING, BY GIVING YOU NOTHING. :omg:  So so good, but then... I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO! OOOH OOOH OOOH. :bobo: NO YOU ONLY DID WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU. :clap: OMG that whole chorus is my favorite.  Ugh, their dynamic is so great. "You're stronger with those daddy issues" "Oh! Thank you!" :giggle: And then that high note he hits right after on "show me some respect" :omg: Yes.  Another favorite part: "Ooh-hoo! Should I be proud? Don't turn this thing around" "I guess you are your father's daughter" lol so good. And then 1:38 "I did what I had to do, ooh ooh ooh, I made it on my own, no thanks to you" :clap: One of my favorites. The bridge is so good, but ugh it all is. "No, you can keep your memories now" Love that little high note. And then them both being so over it and each other. :wub: Hades wanting to dance with his tamborine! Now is not the time, Hades.  Wow, I just love this song and so much about it. I'll never stop jamming and loving the sass. :bobo: 

Taylor Swift - Soon You'll Get Better (featuring Dixie Chicks)

This is such a bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif song. I believe Taylor said she'll never perform this song live, as it would be too difficult, and was hard enough to even write and record. It's all about her mom's battle with cancer, and Taylor's feelings and emotions as she goes through the journey by her side. It is so emotional and hits close to home. crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif The melody is so quiet, simple, and beautiful, as it should be. The lyrics are so real and honest too. "In doctor's-office-lighting, I didn't tell you I was scared" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif "so now I pray to Jesus too" heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  The chorus repeats the same line, "Ooh-ah, soon you'll get better", but it is effective, and she sings it slightly different on the third line... before closing with "cause you have to" bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Ugh yes.  Ugh, one of my favorite parts of the song is the middle of the second verse where she goes "I just pretend it isn't real" with more force and grit. :broken: The bridge is equally heart wrenching. "And I hate to make this all about me, but who am I supposed to talk to? What am I supposed to do if there's no you?" Ugh. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifI also love how before the ending choruses, she changes the lyrics slightly to say "I keep saying it because, cause I have to"  instead of the "you have to." bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifThe song ends so beautifully. I love the acoustic, country, feel of this song. It reminds me of some of Taylor's older albums, but also the song "Safe and Sound" she did for The Hunger Games. And it's nice Dixie Chicks sing background vocals on this, although I'd have never known. 

Brennin Hunt & Tinashe (from Rent Live)- Light My Candle:
P!nk - Happy:

Ed Sheeran -  Put it All on Me (featuring Ella Mai):

Ariana Grande & Chaka Khan - Nobody:

Emily Ann Roberts - God Must Have Told You To:

Camila Cabello - Dream of You:
Thomas Rhett - Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (featuring Little Big Town):

Carly Pearce - It Won't Always Be Like This:

Bexar - Handmade:

Cheyenne Jackson & Dove Cameron (from Descendants 3) - Do What You Gotta Do:
Taylor Swift - Soon You'll Get Better (featuring Dixie Chicks):

19 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Love that Thomas Rhett song!

I love the Lion Sleeps Tonight as well!

Beyonce's Spirit only an honorable mention? Wally would be ashamed. :giggle:

Can You Feel the Love Tonight isn't one of my favorite songs but I love the background vocals as well.

Love Crus! Those Maren and Maddie and Tae songs aren't my favorites or anything but they're still fun.

Hunter's song was really nice too.

- ❤️ 

- ❤️ 

- Noo, these are supposed to be non-singles not eligible for the list, not songs that just didn't make the cut (honorable mentions). :no:  I didn't view this as a single, which I explained in the comments.  Movie songs are always tricky. 

- Aww okay. 

- Oh, I was like "what is Crus?" and then realized. :haha:  Okay, agree they are fun! 

- Yes. :wub: 

On 2/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, miss denise said:

- Yeah, Drinking Alone seems to be a big favorite among most Carrie fans (at least on here). 

- Interesting comparison to the Whitney song! I'll have to listen for that. 

- David has released lots of music... technically 8 albums and 19 singles. 

- Camila has a lot of singles from her new album too, although lots of them didn't seem to get pushed to radio or anything. :unsure: Surprised you haven't heard this though. 

Ooooh I didn't know that.

Yeah,, just the beat especially at the beginning.

OOOhh,  I should do my research.:stealth:

I love both Taylor songs on intermission 3 and 4.   I would refer to SYGB as the song to me as well.  

I saw "Light My Candle" when I was watching the show. lol

17 hours ago, miss denise said:

Noo,  one you *would* expect to show up, not wouldn't.  You said you narrowed it down to the ones you most thought would show up.... yet there's another (should be obvious) one you named that I don't get why you wouldn't think would also show up. :unsure: 

- I said I know one of the names lol and that's him. I don't think I really watched anything he did. Yes I know, and he was on that, which my brother told me, because I didn't know that was who voiced Timon. Oh, I know of that show too and didn't realize it was him either. They aren't necessary "singers", but their characters are singing here. Anyone can sing.

- Okay, that's good. Oh, from being nominated? Ah I see. 

- lol. You know who, so I don't know why you want me to name drop every time.

- omg this "Never now" at the end, as if there's no way it would happen now. I'm sure you meant "know" though.

- Okay, but I want to be the one to show it to you, so good. You're welcome. Okay. I have to bobo!

- Yeah. :(  Okay, but yes, it makes it more like a prayer. ❤️ 

Hmmmm I seee. But I was also mostly saying and referring to songs I think would show up in the next upcoming set I forgot what this other song is but this could be a song I think I was expecting to be even higher and not up no the next set.

- Ahhh ok, I see. I think I watched a few things he was in, or at least know of things, but can’t really remember  Oooh ahhh alright i see.  I did not know that about Parks & Rec until now so thanks for sharing that with me. Mhmmm yeah I know him more from that. Ooh I know but…. I still don’t take them as ~legit singers like everyone else you posted on here. :haha:

- Mhmmm yep. :’( And also Jennifer Lopez got snubbed from Hustlers, so i was not a happy Wally about that. :’(

- Hmmm I may need a refresher. Aww I love name drops. ❤️

- Omggg lmaoo oops, i was soo confused there. Gahh I am sorry but yess I meant “know” there. My bad.

- Awww and you were. So no need to worry there. You sure can. ❤️

- Ah I didn’t think of that but I suppose that is true.

Brennin Hunt & Tinashe (from Rent Live)- Light My Candle: Yesss a Tinsahe Rent Live song here. ❤️ Aww i love your comments of how you had this song stuck in your head and how ou would hear Tinashe’s part all the time. :lmao: They both do sound good and ave good chemistry on this song, and I do especially love Tinashe’s voice on this. She sounds so gorgeous. ❤️ LMAOOO at the age lyric that is relatable to you. Ooh you. :lmao: Ooh yeah some parts are definitely oh wowzers but yeah this song/performance was all enjoyable.

P!nk - Happy: Aww yeah I can hear you on how this reminds you of some of her older songs that would deal with serious and deep subject mattes. P!nk does sound really great throughout the song and i like the vulnerability and emotion that she pours into this song. It’s all so sad and deep and yeah can be relatable. Really good emotional song from her.

Ed Sheeran -  Put it All on Me (featuring Ella Mai): Lol shocked this has a music video yet isn’t one of those many singles, but maybe i will be in the future? 😮 But oooo I did not hear of or about this song and did not Ed and Ella did a song together. But ooo this song has a cool and slight funky feel to it. I do like the vibe of it and it has a nice vibe and message to it. It has a lot of different layers and variety to it. It’s interesting but cool. Ella sounds really good her and this is a good fit for her to be on. I do like the vibe of this and wouldn’t mind hearing this more.

Ariana Grande & Chaka Khan - Nobody: Oooh an Ariana & Chaka duet….. is something i did not ever imagine together. This is so wow but it’s amazing having one of today’s biggest pop stars and one of the biggest soul legends on a track together. Sooo cool. :omg: i agree with you on the feel and vibe of this song. I do agree this song and the chorus hs a really fun sound to it. I like what both Ariana and Chaka bring to the song and both sound great. Aww I’m bummed and wish I had heard of this before…. but oh well. I do really like this on first listen. :bobo:

Emily Ann Roberts - God Must Have Told You To: Oooh i was curious of your familiarity with Emily Ann so thanks for answering that in your opening sentence. I know her from TV but don’t really know any of her music. Anyway yea this song sounds really pretty and she does sound very angelic on this song. She does sounds really good on the chorus and those parts do stand out the most to me. Very pretty.

Camila Cabello - Dream of You: Oooh this song has a reallly interesting sound to it with the music production here. It does have a pretty and intriguing sound to it. I def hear and feel a lot of emotion from her in the chorus and in those parts you mentioned too. It’s very pretty and unique. Ooh yeah I know her album is about being and falling in love and this song is a great example of that.  I can def hear the heavenly feel of this song.

Thomas Rhett - Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time (featuring Little Big Town): OMGAWWWW I AM CRYINGGG at your opening comments here. :dead: OMGG LOL I can’t…. crying and screaming. :lmao: But omggg hahaha yess i do remember telling you about this Thomas song where he sang it on SNL and this song really grabbed my attention whee I first heard it for the first time there. omgg all of these shout-outs but yay thanks for all of this. :lmao: OK I never heard the recording so yayy I get to hear it here. Anyway yeah I do really like this and think this is a cool funky song from him. I like the uptempo vibe and tempo of tis song. The corus is fun and catchy. Ooh nice that LBT is on this. I do like all of these parts you are listing and the song as a whole. It’s all so fun, and I do wish this were a single. It deserves…. could be one of my favorite songs of Thomas’.

Carly Pearce - It Won't Always Be Like This: Aww your opening comments on the sadness of tis song. I definitely get that with tis song and all of the lyrics you are pointing out. It does have that :’( feel t it. Carly does sound really pretty and stunning on the song, especially those higher falsetto notes she sings. A lot of sad parts but she sings and sells it beautifully. 

Bexar - Handmade: Ooh Bexar again…. the guys I don’t know. :giggle: That’s cool how this was the first song you heard rom them and I can hear the Thomas Rhett comparison. Lol yeah without seeing the artist, I would have thought this was Thomas. This song is okay/fine. It’s very low-key and kinda stays on the same level… so it didn’t really elevate my thoughts or feelings on this  but it is a nice easy listening kind of song.

Cheyenne Jackson & Dove Cameron (from Descendants 3) - Do What You Gotta Do: Aww that is cute how this movie premiered on your birthday. OMGG your comments of jamming to this in your living room/birthday night/lie comment. omggg you. :dead: Omggg so many hobo’s alng here haha. Ooh wow his song is definitely very rocking and kinda edgy in that sound. Ooh this reminds me a lot of those fun classic uptempo rock songs, and ugh i can’t think of specific examples (something like Saturday’s Night Alright for Fighting but not exactly that…. hmmm maybe that “Taking Care of Business” song). This is a fun sounding song and I do like the humor and personality they add with their lyrics they are singing and their delivery of it. They do sound good together and separately. A fun song. Aww I love how much fun you have ere and continue bobo’ing along.

Taylor Swift - Soon You'll Get Better (featuring Dixie Chicks): Oooh I heard about Taylor’s duet with Dixie Chicks and her writing about her mother’s cancer battle but I did’nt  know they were the same song. Aww yea this song is definitely really sad and touching. It’s very soft, simple but very effective. All of these parts you are pointing out are very sad and beautifully sung and emoted. :( I do like how she builds up the song as it continues and yea it does have that rawness and grit to it. It’s all so touching, and I can get how this would be too tough for her to sing in concerts. And yea agree with your comments on how this song reminds me of Taylor’s older country songs. Ooh and i thought the Dixie Chicks had a more prominent part of this song, like a verse or something.