idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

Carrie Underwood Fan Thread

Steven should take the OP. :thumbs:

Edited by ~Tom~
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, *Chris said:

However, I'd say Blown Away/Carnival Ride are interchangeable. And I find Some Hearts to be super underrated... Also, the ranking depends how I feel - it's hard as I like each individual album as a whole product. 

Blown Away is a tough album for me to rank as it contains some of my all-time favorite Carrie songs, but it also has my least favorites.  I agree Some Hearts is underrated. It may be towards the bottom of my album rankings, but I think it's still an excellent album. And I still very much like Play On too even if it's at the bottom for me.

My mom sent me this video today! 😮 Looks like it was randomly published as part of a recent article:  https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2020/01/29/high-school-freshman-carrie-underwood-wows-the-crowd-with-cover-of-martina-mcbrides-a-broken-wing/

Incredible, as expected. ❤️ That guy sure knew what he was talking about. :haha:  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, miss denise said:

I don't even know how to rank her albums, but Cry Pretty and Southbound are two of my favorites from that album, so yay me. :wub: :giggle: 

Looking forward to this! w00t.gif

I preordered an autographed copy. 😊

On 2/6/2020 at 6:27 PM, Steven_ said:

I preordered an autographed copy. 😊

Yay! w00t.gif

I tried, but they're all sold out. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif It said it was still in stock at Barnes & Noble, but by the time my order completed, it was too late. :( 

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

I tried, but they're all sold out. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif It said it was still in stock at Barnes & Noble, but by the time my order completed, it was too late. :(

That’s a shame. :( Hopefully they restock so you can order one.

4 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

That’s a shame. :( Hopefully they restock so you can order one.

I hope so! I don't know if the signed copies were first-come, first-serve or not. But if I can't get one, then I'll order the Target exclusive for the extra chapter.  :yes: ^_^ 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:29 PM, miss denise said:

I hope so! I don't know if the signed copies were first-come, first-serve or not. But if I can't get one, then I'll order the Target exclusive for the extra chapter.  :yes: ^_^ 

@miss denise Hopefully you’ll be able to order one!

On 2/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, Steven_ said:

@miss denise Hopefully you’ll be able to order one!

Thanks. ❤️ I did see this tweet when they posted it, but the link still said out of stock at that time. :unsure: 

Carrie is up for 2 ACM awards;

• Entertainer of the Year
  • Female Artist of the Year

I need to get Carrie's signed book! Sold out online, hopefully I can get a signed one in stores. I was lucky to get a signed Jessica Simpson book.

The book is out today! 😄 Waiting for my Target exclusive copy to arrive. :wub: 

On 2/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, frederick said:

I need to get Carrie's signed book! Sold out online, hopefully I can get a signed one in stores. I was lucky to get a signed Jessica Simpson book.

It looks like the signed version is available to order again from Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/find-your-path-carrie-underwood/1133320633?ean=9780063028203#/

Carrie also released a work-out app, called fit52! 

Carrie Underwood won American Idol 15 years ago today. ❤️

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

❤️ 

Seems so long ago, yet 15 years? We're getting old kids. :P

11 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Crazy that it's been that long! And look where she is now ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Wow, has it ever been a long time! She's been setting the charts on fire for almost that long. :wub: 

Carrie hosted a virtual fan club party today! First she sang a song from each album in an acoustic set, answered some fan questions, randomly drew names to give away raffle prizes, and then closed out the party with a performance of “Love Wins.”

Here was the set list:

1. That’s Where It Is

2. You Won’t Find This

3. Someday When I Stop Loving You

4. Thank God For Hometowns

5. Relapse

6. That Song That We Used To Make Love To

7. Love Wins

And exciting news! Carrie has been working on a Christmas album, which will be released this year!

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:17 PM, Steven_ said:

Carrie hosted a virtual fan club party today! First she sang a song from each album in an acoustic set, answered some fan questions, randomly drew names to give away raffle prizes, and then closed out the party with a performance of “Love Wins.”

Here was the set list:

1. That’s Where It Is

2. You Won’t Find This

3. Someday When I Stop Loving You

4. Thank God For Hometowns

5. Relapse

6. That Song That We Used To Make Love To

7. Love Wins

And exciting news! Carrie has been working on a Christmas album, which will be released this year!

I love that she sang a song from each album and wow, such unexpected choices too. 😮 "That's Where It Is" and "You Won't Find This" have always been underrated favorites of mine. :wub:And yay for closing with "Love Wins." ❤️ 

So exciting that she's going to release a Christmas album! 🎅  I can't wait to learn the track listing and hear her versions of all the songs. It'll all be amazing. :wub:  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

I love that she sang a song from each album and wow, such unexpected choices too. 😮 "That's Where It Is" and "You Won't Find This" have always been underrated favorites of mine. :wub:And yay for closing with "Love Wins." ❤️ 

So exciting that she's going to release a Christmas album! 🎅  I can't wait to learn the track listing and hear her versions of all the songs. It'll all be amazing. :wub:  

Yes, she usually perform deep tracks from her albums at her fan club parties. All great choices. :music:

I can’t wait to see the track listing too! ^_^

On 6/3/2020 at 4:17 PM, Steven_ said:

I love this news! This has always been one of my favorite covers from her (as well as How Great Thou Art):

• Like 1