idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Agenator333

Rank the winners (finale spoilers)

🥰

Maelyn Jarmon (S16) - An actual queen who had me rooting for her the moment she hit that high note in Fields of Gold.

😁

Sawyer Fredericks (S8) - His tone made me sit down and pay attention; he wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he's grown a ton as an artist since the show and he went into the show with a clear vision of who he wanted to be as an artist.

Jordan Smith (S9) -  Three words: Somebody to Love. I rest my case.

Tessanne Chin (S5) - As much as I wanted a James Wolpert win (I still listen to his cover of "Love Interruption" multiple times a week), she earned this one and she was right behind James on my favorites list from that season anyway.

Chris Blue (S12) - I would've 100% been fine with a Lauren Duski win, but I like him too so I'm not mad at how things played out.

🙂

Chloe Kohanski (S13) - She got better as the lives went on, her BA and KO both kicked butt too; as much as I was rooting for Addison and Noah I can't deny that Chloe was just as consistently good.

Alisan Porter (S10) - "Blue Bayou" was absolutely beautiful, and so was "Stone Cold"; I also respect Xtina officially severing ties with the show after the season and going out on a high note.

Brynn Cartelli (S14) - "Here Comes Goodbye" was my favorite knockout from that season; honestly, she could've been in the spot where I have Chris Blue if TPTB hadn't bussed Kyla Jade over her.

Cassadee Pope (S3) - Her cover of "Torn" makes me physically cringe for some reason, but I did really like the rest of her performances throughout the season.

😐

Jake Hoot (S17) - I'm not mad he won, just disappointed; he was the weakest (for me) finalist last season, but his voice is my favorite type of male country voice.

Josh Kaufman (S6) - His "I Can't Make You Love Me" is still one of the best covers I've heard of the song; however, that came the same week my favorite from the season got cut, which kind of put a damper on him winning.

Chevel Shepherd (S15) - She was consistently pretty good, but I just liked others that season better. 

Javier Colon (S1) - I will give credit where it's due for walking so Maelyn and others could run as well as being one of two four-chair turns in an otherwise mediocre starting season; I like his tone but I don't remember anything else about him past the BA.

🙁

Sundance Head (S11) - I award points for flipping an Alicia Keys song and making it work as a country song, but he just didn't do much for me.

Danielle Bradberry (S4) - Yes, I am aware that this is a hot take. Her consistency was impressive, but I just never connected with her the way I did others in her season (and I tried). Her post-show growth is the most impressive of the winners, so kudos to her for that.

😬

Jermaine Paul (S2) - Juliet Simms should've won. The fact he's one of the least streamed winners on Spotify and hasn't released in album/EP/whatever in the EIGHT YEARS since his win is very telling, in my opinion.

Craig Wayne Boyd (S7) - This should've been Matt McAndrew's finale to lose, and it wasn't. Enough said.

Posted (edited)

Updated (S9-S18) 

1. Todd Tilghman 

2. Chloe

3. Maelyn

4. Alisan

5. Jordan

6. Sundance 

7. Chris Blue

8. Brynn

9. Chevel

10. Hoot Hoot

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 1

Todd gave Jermaine and CWB some real competition for that last spot lmao

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

100% deserved winners

1. Alisan

2. Maelyn

3. Tessanne

4. Jordan

5. Josh

Very good

6. Chloe

7. Sawyer

Ok

8. Todd

9. Danielle

Meh

10. Chris

11. Craig

12. Chevel

13. Sundance

Trash

14. Brynn (based only on her run on the show, otherwise she would be higher)

15. Hoot

Didn’t watch the first 3 seasons.

Edited by Daillon

On 12/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, mjdolorico said:

I was actively disgusted when they won

18. Jermaine Paul

17. Craig Wayne Boyd

Precocious teen singers aren't my bag I guess?

16. Brynn Cartelli

15. Chevel Shepherd

14. Sawyer Fredericks

Great singers, not my style

13. Jordan Smith

12. Maelyn Jarmon

I appreciated how they rallied their fanbases and clinched their win

11. Sundance Head

10. Jake Hoot

Glad that they won, but I'd rather have a different winner

09. Javier Colon

08. Danielle Bradbery

Enjoyed their run, very pleased that they won

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Chris Blue

05. Alisan Porter

04. Tessanne Chin

03. Chloe Kohanski

My only snowflakes who was were grand winners

1B. Todd Tilghman - I don't have the heart to knock down Josh yet, so he stays here, but I absolutely had a blast supporting him, and I'm sure it'll continue beyond the show!

1A. Josh Kaufman :wub:

• Like 1

1.   Jordan Smith

2.   Tessanne Chin

3.   Maelyn Jarmon

4.   Javier Colon

5.   Josh Kaufman

6.   Alisan Porter

7.   Chris Blue

8.   Todd Tilghman

9.   Chloe Kohanski

10. Cassadee Pope

11. Danielle Bradbury

12. Brynn Cartelli

13. Sawyer Fredericks

14. Sundance Head

15. Chevel Sheperd

16. CWB

17. Jake Hoot

18. Jermaine Paul

Updated

1. Maelyn Jarmon

2. Alisan Porter

3. Brynn Cartelli

4. Chloe Kohanski

5. Lauren Duski

6. Tessanne Chin

7. Jordan Smith

8. Danielle Bradbery

9. Cassaddee Pope

10. Sawyer Fredericks

11. Javier Colon

12. Chevel Shepherd

13. Todd Tilghman

14. Josh Kaufman

15. Sundance Head

16. Craig Wayne Boyd

17. Jake Hoot

18. Jermaine Paul

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, indii said:

Updated

1. Maelyn Jarmon

2. Alisan Porter

3. Brynn Cartelli

4. Chloe Kohanski

5. Lauren Duski

6. Tessanne Chin

7. Jordan Smith

8. Danielle Bradbery

9. Cassaddee Pope

10. Sawyer Fredericks

11. Javier Colon

12. Chevel Shepherd

13. Todd Tilghman

14. Josh Kaufman

15. Sundance Head

16. Craig Wayne Boyd

17. Jake Hoot

18. Jermaine Paul

Hero post. 💯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indii said:

Updated

1. Maelyn Jarmon

2. Alisan Porter

3. Brynn Cartelli

4. Chloe Kohanski

5. Lauren Duski

6. Tessanne Chin

7. Jordan Smith

8. Danielle Bradbery

9. Cassaddee Pope

10. Sawyer Fredericks

11. Javier Colon

12. Chevel Shepherd

13. Todd Tilghman

14. Josh Kaufman

15. Sundance Head

16. Craig Wayne Boyd

17. Jake Hoot

18. Jermaine Paul

denzel washington GIF

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2020 at 12:13 PM, VintageVoice said:

🥰

Maelyn Jarmon (S16) - An actual queen who had me rooting for her the moment she hit that high note in Fields of Gold.

😁

Sawyer Fredericks (S8) - His tone made me sit down and pay attention; he wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he's grown a ton as an artist since the show and he went into the show with a clear vision of who he wanted to be as an artist.

Jordan Smith (S9) -  Three words: Somebody to Love. I rest my case.

Tessanne Chin (S5) - As much as I wanted a James Wolpert win (I still listen to his cover of "Love Interruption" multiple times a week), she earned this one and she was right behind James on my favorites list from that season anyway.

Chris Blue (S12) - I would've 100% been fine with a Lauren Duski win, but I like him too so I'm not mad at how things played out.

🙂

Chloe Kohanski (S13) - She got better as the lives went on, her BA and KO both kicked butt too; as much as I was rooting for Addison and Noah I can't deny that Chloe was just as consistently good.

Alisan Porter (S10) - "Blue Bayou" was absolutely beautiful, and so was "Stone Cold"; I also respect Xtina officially severing ties with the show after the season and going out on a high note.

Brynn Cartelli (S14) - "Here Comes Goodbye" was my favorite knockout from that season; honestly, she could've been in the spot where I have Chris Blue if TPTB hadn't bussed Kyla Jade over her.

Todd Tilghman (S18) - I was hoping for a Thunderstorm win, but all of the top 3 were excellent and I’m not surprised Todd won given past trends in voting. He’s solid vocally and I wish him the best with this new chapter in his career.

Cassadee Pope (S3) - Her cover of "Torn" makes me physically cringe for some reason, but I did really like the rest of her performances throughout the season.

😐

Jake Hoot (S17) - I'm not mad he won, just disappointed; he was the weakest (for me) finalist last season, but his voice is my favorite type of male country voice.

Josh Kaufman (S6) - His "I Can't Make You Love Me" is still one of the best covers I've heard of the song; however, that came the same week my favorite from the season got cut, which kind of put a damper on him winning.

Chevel Shepherd (S15) - She was consistently pretty good, but I just liked others that season better. 

Javier Colon (S1) - I will give credit where it's due for walking so Maelyn and others could run as well as being one of two four-chair turns in an otherwise mediocre starting season; I like his tone but I don't remember anything else about him past the BA.

🙁

Sundance Head (S11) - I award points for flipping an Alicia Keys song and making it work as a country song, but he just didn't do much for me.

Danielle Bradberry (S4) - Yes, I am aware that this is a hot take. Her consistency was impressive, but I just never connected with her the way I did others in her season (and I tried). Her post-show growth is the most impressive of the winners, so kudos to her for that.

😬

Jermaine Paul (S2) - Juliet Simms should've won. The fact he's one of the least streamed winners on Spotify and hasn't released in album/EP/whatever in the EIGHT YEARS since his win is very telling, in my opinion.

Craig Wayne Boyd (S7) - This should've been Matt McAndrew's finale to lose, and it wasn't. Enough said.

Posted (edited)

1. Alisan Porter

2. Maelyn Jarmon

3. Cassadee Pope

4. Tessanne Chin

5. Danielle Bradbery

6. Chloe Kohanski

7. Brynn Cartelli

8. Jordan Smith

9. Chris Blue

10. Chevel Shepherd

11. Craig Wayne Boyd