A black woman never will win The Voice v.2

eidi

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

aversions: “R&B”

Are you sure about that one? Perhaps compared to country, but I get the impression it’s popular with a large segment of the audience, which would explain the efforts they clearly take to cast a decent number of male and female R&B singers every season. When they cast too many, we end up with what we saw this season....two in the finale, and two (Pia and Dana) eliminated in the semis. They often make it deep into the show, because they are often good. 

4/9 = R&B

1/9 = Country 

3/9 = Pop 

1/9 = Southern Rock/Blues (whatever Jordan is)

Cam was going to make the finale regardless of team, and TPTB hand picked Victor to represent John’s team, by leaking his audition. Dana may have been in the original plan to represent Nick’s team, but she didn’t catch on with the audience. 

No I’m not. I have Jordan as country adjacent, and I’d say Cam is more soul/pop then true R&B. Also while I think Cam makes the finale regardless of team, I’m not sure if he has a shot at winning if he wasn’t on Blake’s team, bc Blake’s team is a preference that helps balance out an aversion.

The audience often doesn’t take to the super run heavy contestants. Just in terms of winners though, we haven’t had as much/recent as we have with country and pop. But yeah, that’s the one I’m the least sure of 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No I’m not. I have Jordan as country adjacent, and I’d say Cam is more soul/pop then true R&B. The audience often doesn’t take to the super run heavy contestants. Just in terms of winners though, we haven’t had as much/recent as we have with country and pop. But yeah, that’s the one I’m the least sure of 

Maybe, but most of the audience probably thinks Cam is R&B/soul. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Now more than ever with his last performance. Thanks to semifinals as well, the audience also thinks that Jordan is country, and the people that are mad about him winning are complaining about that specifically.

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

No I’m not. I have Jordan as country adjacent, and I’d say Cam is more soul/pop then true R&B. Also while I think Cam makes the finale regardless of team, I’m not sure if he has a shot at winning if he wasn’t on Blake’s team, bc Blake’s team is a preference that helps balance out an aversion.

The audience often doesn’t take to the super run heavy contestants. Just in terms of winners though, we haven’t had as much/recent as we have with country and pop. But yeah, that’s the one I’m the least sure of 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This is true. His semifinal song It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday which is a Boys II Men version and Boys II Men is an R&B/Soul Group

3 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

This is true. His semifinal song It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday which is a Boys II Men version and Boys II Men is an R&B/Soul Group

It confuses me... Brynn wasn't considered a country singer when she sang a country song. There is potentially more to this mischaracterization than simply song choice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

It confuses me... Brynn wasn't considered a country singer when she sang a country song. There is potentially more to this mischaracterization than simply song choice.

What??? I never heard Brynn singing a country song on the show. If there is, what is it?

Well I'm just citing example to what people thinks about Cam nothing more.

I also made a research about the difference between R&B and soul and here a short thing about it.

It would be correct to say that "R&B" encompasses all popular music made by African-American artists and marketed to the African-American public. "Soul" and "Funk" are each subsets of the larger category of "R&B".

Here some the first 2 links I found on google about it.

https://musicfans.stackexchange.com/questions/2700/main-difference-between-soul-funk-rb

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Soul-music-and-R-B

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

What??? I never heard Brynn singing a country song on the show. If there is, what is it?

Well I'm just citing example to what people thinks about Cam nothing more.

I also made a research about the difference between R&B and soul and here a short thing about it.

It would be correct to say that "R&B" encompasses all popular music made by African-American artists and marketed to the African-American public. "Soul" and "Funk" are each subsets of the larger category of "R&B".

Here some the first 2 links I found on google about it.

https://musicfans.stackexchange.com/questions/2700/main-difference-between-soul-funk-rb

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Soul-music-and-R-B

“Here Comes Goodbye” - Rascal Flatts 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Here Comes Goodbye” - Rascal Flatts 

Oops I forgot that it's a country song.

Because she sounded not country at all to me, maybe that's why.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:13 AM, Jyn Mycle said:

Is “Up To The Mountain” considered a country song?

4 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

Is “Up To The Mountain” considered a country song?

Nvm about that, I'm just saying Cam is considered R&B/Soul.

Search "Cam Anthony genre" in google and it will display R&B/Soul right away.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if country fans will embrace Wendy as a true country artist different from what they did with Keisha and Spensha. If so she will likely and finally win as a black (and Blake) woman

8 minutes ago, eidi said:

I wonder if country fans will embrace Wendy as a true country artist different from what they did with Keisha and Spensha. If so she will likely and finally win as a black (and Blake) woman

but it seems like she hasn't done anything close to country for the pre-lives

12 minutes ago, eidi said:

As of now, the show’s audience thinks she’s a powerhouse R&B singer. Blake’s fanbase did embrace Spensha. After needing Blake’s save in the playoffs, she was able to get to the finale via PV. I was a fan, and the OP of her fan thread, but I think she struggled at times on the show, yet she still managed to make the finale. I don’t think she’s a good example to use. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I think Wendy would've thrived in team Ariana, and when she does win it'll make its way to the headlines "first black woman to win the voice" and then the arianators are gonna says something like "ARIANA'S IMPACT". But lol what do I know about the show 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, professorX said:

I think Wendy would've thrived in team Ariana, and when she does win it'll make its way to the headlines "first black woman to win the voice" and then the arianators are gonna says something like "ARIANA'S IMPACT". But lol what do I know about the show 😂

this could’ve been gymani or Jershika but noooo😭

Blake just won with an AA last season so they can now afford at least 5 season's without AA winners lol. In other words, I think Wendy has a very small chance but I'm sure she won't be priority this season, maybe plan C or D. 

This is a very unfriendly season for Minivan so let's see who gets pimped the most. 

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

As of now, the show’s audience thinks she’s a powerhouse R&B singer. Blake’s fanbase did embrace Spensha. After needing Blake’s save in the playoffs, she was able to get to the finale via PV. I was a fan, and the OP of her fan thread, but I think she struggled at times on the show, yet she still managed to make the finale. I don’t think she’s a good example to use. 

Spensha was embraced by Blake's fans but not by country music fans. I remember some people here doubted she sounded country. Not much as Keisha but to some extent. 

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Blake just won with an AA last season so they can now afford at least 5 season's without AA winners lol. In other words, I think Wendy has a very small chance but I'm sure she won't be priority this season, maybe plan C or D. 

This is a very unfriendly season for Minivan so let's see who gets pimped the most. 

Sorry why this is a unfriendly season for Minivan? I am not into gossip details. 

And TV managed to have two black winners in a row. They were the very first two but who knows, there is still a hope