The Voice 17 ● Live Finale Winner Chosen ● Discussion

istersay

Ricky coming in second is just what goes to show you. Be as generic as possible and on Team Blake, and you'll get at least the top two. :rolleyes:

As much as I was hoping for either Rose or Katie, congrats to Jake. Whether you all want to believe it or not, he really did earn it.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky coming in second is just what goes to show you. Be as generic as possible and on Team Blake, and you'll get at least the top two. :rolleyes:

As much as I was hoping for either Rose or Katie, congrats to Jake. Whether you all want to believe it or not, he really did earn it.

IPB Image

I'm just going to say it: this was an amazing season. there were some unfortunate decisions but in the end, the t13 was very strong and I was a fan of everyone except Shane. the t20 was also extremely strong and could have gone many different ways. I would argue that most of the correct decisions were made throughout the season (I wanted Melinda to win but Jake did really well that round) but my only issue was the order that people went home after lives started. Still, this was a great season and I'm sad it's gonna be over. this is definitely the best season since s13 and I would rank it as one of the better seasons that we've ever had

honestly, all 4 of them deserved it

The people who watch this show wanted a Hoot win.

IDFers are so not typical of the overall viewing audience.

This. All this.

I literally wrote when the top 13 was announced that Jake Hoot was a huge favorite to win. The responses was that he likely wouldn't make it past the top 8. IDFers vastly underestimated his appeal as he was the only country pick and those fans loved Jake Hoot. He got a fan name before anyone else, was the most streamed artist every single week, had huge social media activity among country fans, and their support never waivered. It was an obvious win.

Edited by CDH4

My local news is hilarious.... they keep talking about how robbed Ricky was in every other segment. They would talk about him on the news every Monday and Tuesday. :haha:

:haha: I'm actually surprised he passed Katie for 2nd. I thought for sure Katie would be 2nd, but Blake has a powerful voting block that voted for him just because he was associated with Blake.

Do you live in his area? If so, which one?

He's from Mass and Ricky is also from there. He mentioned Boston metro area as him home, so the news must be located out of the Boston area.

This. All this.

I literally wrote when the top 13 was announced that Jake Hoot was a huge favorite to win. The responses was that he likely wouldn't make it past the top 8. IDFers vastly underestimated his appeal as he was the only country pick and those fans loved Jake Hoot. He got a fan name before anyone else, was the most streamed artist every single week, had huge social media activity among country fans, and their support never waivered. It was an obvious win.

I knew he was gonna win once the top 13 was revealed.

What made literally anyone think the only country singer in the top 13 was NOT gonna win?

I knew he was gonna win once the top 13 was revealed.

What made literally anyone think the only country singer in the top 13 was NOT gonna win?

Honestly, I have no clue. When there's only one country singer and this show has a history of country doing well, it would have taken a lot to not have Jake win. Rose and Katie split votes and Ricky couldn't garner enough Team Blake votes as some went to Jake by genre choice. None of the rest seemed like top 4 choices. It was Jake's to lose.

This is so contradictive, I can't even.. :wacko:

Ricky played guitar, piano, delivering solid vocals, working the stage = generic, he came 2nd just because he's TB

Jake exists = he did earn it. :whistling: