idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

I stopped watching Glee the episode after Finn outed Santana. But Naya’s performance of “Rumor Has It/Someone Like You” in that episode is the best moment Glee had in its entire run. And I still something that I think about a lot. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

Completely agreed. I kinda stopped following the show after maybe season 3 or 4...but that moment still stands out so much to me.

Having read a lot of social media comments today, it’s clear that her portrayal of Santana was so important to so many young queer viewers. And a role she was so proud of playing. I hope, no matter how this all ends, this is something we can remember of her in such a positive way. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

I stopped watching Glee the episode after Finn outed Santana. But Naya’s performance of “Rumor Has It/Someone Like You” in that episode is the best moment Glee had in its entire run. And I still something that I think about a lot. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

That was one of my all-time favorite performances on that show. 😢 :broken: 

27 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Completely agreed. I kinda stopped following the show after maybe season 3 or 4...but that moment still stands out so much to me.

Having read a lot of social media comments today, it’s clear that her portrayal of Santana was so important to so many young queer viewers. And a role she was so proud of playing. I hope, no matter how this all ends, this is something we can remember of her in such a positive way. ❤️ 

I was watching Glee before I came out (even to myself) and it became obvious when Naya Rivera was promoted to a main character that I was watching for her and her story arc. She was phenomenal in the role and Santana meant a lot to me even if I wasn't a Brittana fan and even if I quit watching. She was one of the first gay characters I watched on a network television show whose queerness was as important to her character as the rest of her personality and played a role in her story but her character wasn't all about being a lesbian. Santana's story was practically willed into life by queer fans and as such it felt very important to me.

I'm glad that she was proud of playing the role and that she got the affirmation that she played it well. I hope that they are able to find her and that her family, especially her young son, are able to receive closure and the support that they need.

• Like 4

Glee: a show that tried to convince you Rachel Berry was more talented than both Amber Riley and Naya Rivera. In honor of Naya, here are my favorite Santana performances:

Santana's first non-ensemble performance (back when her character was intended to be straight!)

Like any dumb high school theater kid I loved Rocky Horror and I love this song and I love Santana's lips singing this song!

The Naya Rivera/Amy Winehouse songs:

(Reprised in Season 5! And it's great!)

THE FLEETWOOD MAC DUO:

More duets with Mercedes (RACHEL BERRY WHO?????)

And then all her songs with the Troubletones (a group that recognized that Santana and Mercedes were the best performers in all of Glee and could do way better than New Directions):

(Finn sucks.)

And then again this perfect masterpiece:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

And this performance!

Though I'm NOT watching that any time soon now

Edited by Elliott
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And this performance!

Though I'm NOT watching that any time soon now

that is relatable because the person i'd least like to receive comfort from is will schuester

• Haha 1

I love all of those Santana covers. :wub: And her duets with Mercedes were everything. :wub: 

I saw them playing the "If I Die Young" performance on the news today and I could not watch that. 😢 

Santana and Mercedes will always be the most iconic duo for me when it comes to Glee. Both accentuated each other so well.

• Like 2

Now I'm just reminded of them using What Doesn't Kill You after a character's suicide attempt...

I want to know who thought that was a good idea. 

18 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Santana and Mercedes will always be the most iconic duo for me when it comes to Glee. Both accentuated each other so well.

In a just world, Glee in Season 3 would have basically decided that the focus would be better set on Santana and Mercedes and forget about the white members of the show altogether!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Now I'm just reminded of them using What Doesn't Kill You after a character's suicide attempt...

I want to know who thought that was a good idea. 

Ryan Murphy.

always Ryan Murphy.

• Like 1

I hate to be that person but these tributes do not sit well with me. She isn't dead yet. :( I know you all mean well but it's just ugh. As an fan of the show it hits harder so maybe I'm overreacting. And the conversation shouldn't be about who was the better singer or any of that. It should be about NAYA RIVERA. I understand the character of Santana Lopez brought so much joy and she was a influence on many queer people but she was more than just one character. She is person, a daughter, a mother! I know you all mean well but I'm just taking this REALLY hard. :(

• Like 2

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I hate to be that person but these tributes do not sit well with me. She isn't dead yet. :( I know you all mean well but it's just ugh. As an fan of the show it hits harder so maybe I'm overreacting. And the conversation shouldn't be about who was the better singer or any of that. It should be about NAYA RIVERA. I understand the character of Santana Lopez brought so much joy and she was a influence on many queer people but she was more than just one character. She is person, a daughter, a mother! I know you all mean well but I'm just taking this REALLY hard. :(

Thanks for sharing this, Vicky, as I feel the same way :( :hug:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Thanks for sharing this, Vicky, as I feel the same way :( :hug:

I'm PRAYING for a miracle no matter how unlikely. I just hope he son gets the care he needs and her family and friends get close whatever that may be. :(

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry if any of it came across in a bad way. :( I know everyone reacts to situations like this in different ways. I'm still praying for a miracle, and keeping her family in mind as I can't imagine how difficult this all is. I know a lot of people are struggling to watch anything back and I can completely understand why. I thought I'd be the same but strangely, I've been the opposite. I've found myself listening to a lot of her songs from Glee this evening and remembering how amazing she was on that show. I know that's probably a more unique perspective to look at it all, but it's helped me take my mind off all that we are hearing, even if only for a minute. It's kinda given me some solace today, in such a difficult time. 

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I'm sorry if any of it came across in a bad way. :( I know everyone reacts to situations like this in different ways. I'm still praying for a miracle, and keeping her family in mind as I can't imagine how difficult this all is. I know a lot of people are struggling to watch anything back and I can completely understand why. I thought I'd be the same but strangely, I've been the opposite. I've found myself listening to a lot of her songs from Glee this evening and remembering how amazing she was on that show. I know that's probably a more unique perspective to look at it all, but it's helped me take my mind off all that we are hearing, even if only for a minute. It's kinda given me some solace today, in such a difficult time. 

I don’t think anyone’s posts in here have come across badly. :unsure:  We’re allowed to grieve in whatever way we choose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I don’t think anyone’s posts in here have come across badly. :unsure:  We’re allowed to grieve in whatever way we choose.

I personally agree. :yes:

I love revisiting all of these Santana performances.  Thanks for posting.  Her performance of If I die Young has always been one of my standouts from the show. 

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

No, not at all, @*Lily. It's a tricky situation and I personally can't look at videos of "remembering her" when she is not confirmed dead. I have listen to songs but cannot watch videos because I don't want to give up hope. As a fan who watched from beginning to end it's hard to process this and there is no right or wrong way. I just see a lot of stuff online just treating her as a character, like Not Santana was trending and Big Sean was trending. She is a person and more than just her Glee character. Or I've seen people say it should have been Lea or I've seen people say why did it happen to the best singer on the and and the Rachel Berry could never. It's not the time or place for that. I'm still holding out hope and nothing said in here has come across badly; it was just my personal opinion on the matter. I know if this was my loved one I wouldn't want people to speak of her in the past tense or start posting tribute videos. I hope that makes sense.

• Like 4

Naya's mother and brother are at the lake. And the picture is heartbreaking. :broken: I will not post it though out of respect for the family.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Naya's mother and brother are at the lake. And the picture is heartbreaking. :broken: I will not post it though out of respect for the family.

I saw this earlier and had to take a break from looking at any of the news on social media for a while. Plus I saw the paparazzi had taken some pics of Heather, which while I’m not surprised, is totally inappropriate :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I saw this earlier and had to take a break from looking at any of the news on social media for a while. Plus I saw the paparazzi had taken some pics of Heather, which while I’m not surprised, is totally inappropriate :(

Supposedly, Heather is there now too. :(

• Sad 1

Naya’s father is at the lake now and he ran straight into the lake. 😭

• Sad 1

I saw a pic of Heather there. :( Didn't see Naya's family pics there. But ugh this is all sooo sad and devastating. 😢 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Supposedly, Heather is there now too. :(

So it wasn't Heather but it did look like her. Heather has reached out to Ventura Country to volunteer to help with the search. Ryan Dorsey (Josey's dad) was at the lake with the family yesterday. :(

• Sad 1