Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

46 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Apparently some abomination happened on hulu. 

The Hulu season was fine. It had its shortcomings of not having much of the old cast in it because of scheduling issues, but I still enjoyed it. The end didn’t bother me because I always thought LoVe was a horrible pairing and needed to be apart. ^_^

On 3/18/2020 at 11:18 PM, miss denise said:

30 Rock

ePSzbeR.jpg?1

30 Rock is a satirical sitcom that premiered on NBC in 2006. It aired for 7 seasons and 138 episodes, which is an amazing run.  The show was created by Tina Fey and is based on her experiences as a head writer for Saturday Night Live. It takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show, and the name 30 Rock is in reference to 30 Rockefeller Plaza, which is where Saturday Night Live is written, produced, and filmed. 30 Rock uses surreal humor to parody NBC's corporate structure and General Electric, its parent company at the time.  Tina Fey did not only create the show, but starred in it, alongside a supporting cast of Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, Jane Krakowski, Jack McBrayer, Scott Adsit, Judah Friedlander, Katrina Bowden, Keith Powell, Lonny Ross, John Lutz, Kevin Brown, Grizz Chapman, and Maulik Pancholy. Wow, that is a lot of people and I bet there's more too. I recognize a few of the names.

Tina play Liz Lemon, the head writer and showrunner of TGS with Tracy Jordan, and she supervises the cast and crew members, including her best friend Jenna Maroney, and the "unpredictable" Tracy Jordan.  She also works with network executive Jack Donaghy, and page Kneneth Parcll. It seems that disagreements between Liz and Jack are a focal point of the episodes, along with Jenna's attempts to be a star, Tracy's behavior, and the personal lives of all the characters.  Liz has to handle everyone and everything going on around her as she tries to achieve her dreams. The network within the show airs programs such as MILF Island, Queen of Jordan, and America's Kidz Got Singing, as NBC culture is satirized.

qnHkFBb.gif hAg2xjD.gif

These gifs were too fitting not to post today. :giggle: 

30 Rock has won several awards, including the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series three years in a row. It was also nominated for 22 Emmys in 2009, making it the most ever nominations in a single year for a comedy series. That is certainly impressive. It also received critical acclaim, but apparently, struggled with ratings throughout its run, which seems surprising.  Wikipedia tells me that the show was influential in the way it used cutaways, or "sudden, short cuts to unrelated scenes showing something the characters are briefly discussing."  I recognize that technique from other shows I've seen, so that's cool. 30 Rock is also known for its elaborate sets, including one that took three days to put together, but was only shown on camera for six seconds. That sure is dedication. :haha: 

This definitely seems like a well-loved, and all around successful show, and I am sorry to the fans that it goes here. :( Although, I didn't know of anyone in particular loving this, so it's interesting when all the fans come out of the woodwork when it's too late. :dead:  Ugh. I hate causing chaos. I didn't specifically want to nominate this show, since I have heard about it and it seems like a good show, but there are only so many options after balancing everyone's safety requests plus your own remaining favorites. :( Since I haven't seen it and nobody requested I keep it safe, that made it a default nomination from a very limited list, so for that, I am sorry. At least it made it to the Top 100, which is more than I can say for some of my own favorite comedies. And in fact, it's even in the Top 90!

Robbed! The greatest comedy show ever 

15 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Robbed! The greatest comedy show ever 

I've never seen it. :( I believe that was the round where everyone did saves, and the remaining shows were cut by default.  And that was around the time my nom options really started dwindling. :broken:  I would like to watch it sometime. 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:02 PM, *Chris said:

glee-logo-png-7.png

tumblr_msmb5dYJ2N1sfxdzto1_500.gif

Better late than never! As promised, here is my bonus write-up for Glee even if its means that no one will read it. Glee is a show that is either loved or hated by many. Just like in the real world, the show is quite polarizing in this rankdown but it was expected, just as its livelihood in the rankdown. Anyway, I hope to be able to share my thoughts on the show, and the impact it had on my life, the legacy of the show, and some of my favourite performances from the show. 

First off, Glee was musical comedy/drama that aired on Fox between 2009 and 2015. The show aired on Fox where it was created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Ian Brennan – all of three also played a part in direction and written aspect of the show. The show was incredibly popular during its initial few

What was Glee about? Glee centers on a high school choir aka a glee club at the William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio.  Essentially, the show involved lots of singing from popular songs to show tunes. And while the show had some problematic scenes, the show did cover a lot of matter that deserved to be talked about such as religion, sexual identity, homophobia and transphobia, bullying,  body image, adoption, disability awareness, sex, mental health, domestic violence, the consequences of texting and driving, grief, and life after high school. 

What did Glee mean for a young Chris in a town of 1200 people? Glee meant everything to me, I could finally relate to someone on television. For young Chris who was bullied constantly in high school for being different, all despite not being opened with my sexual orientation, Glee was the show that brought joy and light into my life week after week. Their discussion surrounding acceptance of your sexual orientation showed me that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and everything will be better. If I am being honest, it was the first time that I related to a character as much as I loved Kurt - a musical loving gay kid; I wish I could have been as confident as Kurt where I could have openly love musicals without be ashamed of doing so. At the end of the day, Glee brought so many joy to all the Mercedes/Kurt/Blaine/Rachel/Brittany/Santana/Tina/Artie/Finn or the world - we felt heard and represented on TV; and that is truly Glee's real impact on television, as well creating a new appreciation of musicals among millennial.

And since Glee, the cast of Glee found some success in different aspect of their life - Amber Riley starred in Dreamgirls on West End where she won the Oliver Awards for her role as Effie White, Lea Michele starred in different shows and released three albums, Darren Criss added an Emmy to his name, Chris Colfer is a #1 bestselling author and has published 15 books, Jenna Ushkowitz appeared in Waitress as Dawn as well co-produced Once on This Island & Be More Chill on Broadway, Melissa Benoist appeared on Supergirl as well on Broadway as Carole King in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, and Alex Newell been making wave with his portrayal of Asaka in Once on This Island on Broadwasy as well as Mo on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. 

Wonderful Glee write-up, Chris. I'm glad you ended up posting it after all. ❤️ Your story of how you relate to Kurt is so touching and I'm glad you had that experience. :hug:  I imagine he is your favorite character? Love him and Blaine. ❤️ My favorite is Sam (to the shock of absolutely nobody I'm sure)I love the show too, especially in the earlier seasons. Such a fun cast (and RIP to those we lost :(:broken: ) and I always loved seeing what songs they'd cover. It would be soo hard to pick and narrow down favorites, but I see a lot I remember and love from your list. :hug:You did an amazing job getting that organized! :omg:  Oh, and Chris (not you :giggle: ) has published 15 books? I knew he was an author, but didn't know so many. That's really cool. Again, great tribute and thanks for sharing. :hug: 

Just now, miss denise said:

Wonderful Glee write-up, Chris. I'm glad you ended up posting it after all. ❤️ Your story of how you relate to Kurt is so touching and I'm glad you had that experience. :hug:  I imagine he is your favorite character? Love him and Blaine. ❤️ My favorite is Sam (to the shock of absolutely nobody I'm sure)I love the show too, especially in the earlier seasons. Such a fun cast (and RIP to those we lost :(:broken: ) and I always loved seeing what songs they'd cover. It would be soo hard to pick and narrow down favorites, but I see a lot I remember and love from your list. :hug:You did an amazing job getting that organized! :omg:  Oh, and Chris (not you :giggle: ) has published 15 books? I knew he was an author, but didn't know so many. That's really cool. Again, great tribute and thanks for sharing. :hug: 

Oh, he is far from being my favourite character - he was problematic at times, but still liked his character. My favourites were probably Blaine, Rachel, Mercedes, and Santana. I do like most of the characters though. And thank you for the love ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oh, he is far from being my favourite character - he was problematic at times, but still liked his character. My favourites were probably Blaine, Rachel, Mercedes, and Santana. I do like most of the characters though. And thank you for the love ❤️ 

Oh oops. :lmao: I don't know how to rank them at all besides my #1 (and where is he on your list? :kissbye:) but yay! Of course. ❤️:hug: 

Just now, miss denise said:

Oh oops. :lmao: I don't know how to rank them at all besides my #1 (and where is he on your list? :kissbye:) but yay! Of course. ❤️:hug: 

Ugh, I don't know - I feel like I would need to think about it and rank the characters; I know the one introduced in the latter one would be mainly in the bottom. :haha:

7 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Ugh, I don't know - I feel like I would need to think about it and rank the characters; I know the one introduced in the latter one would be mainly in the bottom. :haha:

I'm here for it. :wub: And any kind of Glee rankdown. Understandable! 

But wait, one of my FAVES I didn't see listed. :wub: 

• Like 1