Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

That’s So Raven:

you nasty thats so raven GIF

I know this show has fans on here and I apologize, but looking at the list and deciding which shows I thought should make Top 20 this one fell on the lower end of my list. The show aired on the Disney Channel from 2003-2007, and starred Raven- Symone as Raven Baxter, a teenager who gets psychic visions. Viewers can tell when she is getting a vision by the way she stares blankly into the distance. She can sometimes use these visions to get out of predicaments, but usually winds up making things worse because her visions are only a small part of what’s actually happening in the future. She has two best friends, Eddie and Chelsea (played by Orlando Brown and Anneliese van der Pol) and a brother Cory (played by Kyle Massey). Some combination of these three tend to get wrapped up in her schemes. The schemes also tend to involve some form of disguise, as Raven is skilled at fashion design.

The show was a huge success, being one of the few Disney Shows (and the first) to air 100 episodes. Wikipedia also tells me it was the first Disney show to have more than 3 million viewers for the premiere. It was also a merchandising goldmine, spawning soundtracks, clothing lines, fragrances, and video and board games. There were also two spinoffs: Cory in the House and Raven’s Home.

Sorry to any big fans of this show. Blame me for being old, as I was out of the target demographic when this aired, so I never really got into it. But hopefully, people are happy with its placement here. ❤️

Please Like Me 

pleaselikemecomplete.jpg

Gosh deciding on a final cut was extremely hard….. I didn’t want to do it y’all. :dead: But i have to as I don’t want to lose a favorite of course. But decided on Please Like Me. Please Like Me is an Australian comedy-drama that was created/written/directed by and stars Josh Thomas…. which is super impressive he takes on so many roles of this show. Please Like Me has aired on ABC2 from February 28, 2013 through December 14, 2016 for 4 seasons with 32 episodes under its belt. The show also stars Debra Lawrance, David Roberts, Judi Farr, Thomas Ward, Wade Briggs, Caitlin Stasey, Nikita Leigh-Pritchard, Renee Lim, Denise Drysdale and more. 

Since Please Like Me is a comedy/drama, it does explore realistic and serious issues with a humorous tones to it. The show also aired in the U.S. network called Pivot - which helped it progress and last to its 4 seasons. Josh Thomas plays the lead character named Josh of course. The show was meant to be pitched as a drama rather than a sitcom as it porters a set of situations that a young person goes through in their every day life - but it has humorous themes to it.

I never heard of this show before but very well done to its fans getting this show so far. Impressive work. I will prove a trailer of the series below….

How To Get Away With Murder

giphy.gif

I have been trying to get rid of this show for a long time, and while I dislike PLL more than this, I’m gonna take a gamble that this could get farther on a finale setting, and I don’t want that. Anyway, it got a lot of early promo for bringing Viola Davis to tv after a string of solid to great performances in movies, and the show pretty much survives season after season bc of her. Bc this is a convoluted sh!tshow that I can believe hasn’t been cancelled already. The plotlines are often ridiculous, and the plot holes are the size of Marianas trench. I think Viola Davis got a solid character to portray, but that doesn’t mean I have to stand for all the morons and bad storylines that surround her. Bye!

Sense8

EeHepaS.jpg?1

Sense8 is a science fiction drama series that began airing on Netflix in 2015 for 2 seasons. The title is a play on the word "sensate", meaning perceived by one or more senses. An ensemble cast makes up a group of 8 strangers from around the world who learn that they are all mentally and emotionally linked, or "sensates." They can all sense and communicate with each other, as well as share their knowledge and skills. This group of people searches for answers to what happened and why, all while being hunted by a mysterious organization that wants to destroy them. 

The show covers topics not often seen in science fiction, including politics, sexuality, gender, religion, and more.  The concept of this show certainly sounds interesting and maybe it would be something I'd like to see. Choices were extremely limited here, but I honored deals to keep the top favorites of those who have helped me do the same in this game. I had very little left to work with, so I hope this decision is understood. 

Six Feet Under

Six-Feet-Under_19465049400_PMRS22-SR._V3

Sorry this is a last minute scramble.  The  show I was going to cut and had a nice write up for just got axed.  Six Feet Under is a Drama series that aired on HBO.  No one made a deal with me to keep this alive, so out it goes to greener pastures.  The show has 5 seasons and 63 episodes, and finished airing in 2005.  The show stars Michael C. Hall, Peter Krause, Frances Conroy and Lauren Ambrose as various members of the fishers.  The show exploress a number of different themes including Death,  and religious views. Sorry to the fans, I know there are a couple of you in here.  Its not nearly as pretty as my other write up was.

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace
gianni-versace-637x397.jpg
I’m actually pretty surprised this show lasted this long. I’m also surprised I’m the one who is cutting it lol. I watched and enjoyed this show very much! I think it is easily the biggest fodder left. I think almost everyone in the game enjoys this show to an extent, but doesn’t adore it or have it as their number one favorite show. Anyways, this is the followup to the original American Crime Story about OJ Simpson. Frankly, OJ Simpson is MUCH superior. That show got horrifically robbed in the game. I considered bringing this to the final 20 just so I can talk about how robbed OJ was lol, but obviously that’s not happening. This season is about Andrew Cunanan and his many murders. It’s less about Versace despite the fact that he’s in the title. Darren Criss gives the performance of his career here as Andrew Cunanan. He’s so ridiculously good. There’s also great supporting performances from Finn Wittrock, Jon Jon Briones, Judith Light, and Max Greenfield. However, the supporting performance that truly steals the show is courtesy of Cody Fern. A virtual unknown before the show started, he portrays a heartbreaking depiction of one of Cunanan’s victims, David Madson. I will say the show got a bit messy towards the end and I don’t think showing the events in reverse worked as well as they were hoping. Also this is a Ryan Murphy show so that does make it an easier cut for me lmao. I can’t believe I’m cutting a show I watched and liked since there are so few options of that remaining, but this is my attempt at finishing the game just as I’ve played it the entire time, being way too nice.

Lost

lost-cast-key-art-590x332.jpg

As my last cut, it is time to cut one of the shows I listed as overrated in my application, Lost. Lost aired on ABC from 2004 to 2010, over six seasons. The show contains elements of supernatural and science fiction, and follows the survivors of a commercial jet airliner flying between Sydney and Los Angeles, after the plane crashes on a mysterious island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. Lost starts with the aftermath of a plane crash, which leaves the surviving passengers of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 on what seems to be an uninhabited tropical island. They are led by Jack, and other notable characters include Sawyer, Kate and Locke. As the series continues, the survivors encounter a number of mysteries and dangers, including polar bears, the "Smoke Monster", an invisible force that roams the jungle, and the island's violent natives known as "The Others". Over time the objective becomes not to survive but for Jacob, the island's protector, to choose his successor as protector of the island which the passenger were predestined to crash. As the seasons progressed, Lost started giving us too many mysteries and alternate timelines that it became too convoluted and not as fun. And of course the ending left most of the mysteries unexplained and while it was nice to see Sawyer and Kate make it off the island as well as the gathering at the church, I felt gypped as a viewer as I'm more of a plot-driven person. Plus it's a threat to win and I would rather not see it win the entre rankdown, not to mention I would rather see other sci fi shows be the last one standing. Therefore it must go now. 

Firefly

I will add a picture later because I am literally under the wire with like 6 minutes left. I am choosing to cut Firefly because I have wanted it gone for awhile because of the whole one season. And yeah, quality or quantity but I have never seen it either. Sola just cut Raven and this is not revenge as it was a fair cut. So Firefly is an  American space Western drama show created by Joss Whedon. I love Joss Whedon. It was from 2002-2003. The series is set in the year 2517 and it follows the renegade of Serenity which is a "Firefly-class" spaceship. I guess that's where the name Firefly comes from. The show was cancelled by FOX because of course it was and it has a cult following to this day. I mean look how far it made it into the rankdown with just one season. That is pretty impressive. 1 minute left. GOSH.