idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

The Legend of Korra

giphy.gif

A show I have never watched but I am familiar with the name and the network it aired on. The Legend of Korra is an American animated television series created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino. It aired on Nickelodeon but I was always more of a Disney girl and I stopped watched Nickelodeon by the time this aired. This was not my choice to be on the top animated shows left but it is what it is. The show premiered in 2012 and finished in 2014. The cartoon series ran for four seasons. It's a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender. I didn't know that because I've never watched that show either. The series follows Avatar Korra who is the successor of Aang from the previous series,. Avatar Korra faces political and spiritual unrest in a modernizing world. I just wrote that and I have no idea what the show is about. I guess it's a show you need to watch to get. The show received praise from critics and viewers alike. The series has addressed such topics including sociopolitical issues such as social unrest and terrorism. The show has a rapid fandom so a round applause to the people who got it this far. I don't know If I'll ever watch but you never know with this quarantine.

Congrats to Vicky on doing all those write-ups ❤️ 

Legend of Korra. ❤️ Not as good as Airbender and Korra isn't quite as rootable as a lead but still awesome.

10 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Congrats to Vicky on doing all those write-ups ❤️ 

OMG. I HATE YOU. :dead:

share discover GIF

• Haha 2

glee-logo-png-7.png

tumblr_msmb5dYJ2N1sfxdzto1_500.gif

Better late than never! As promised, here is my bonus write-up for Glee even if its means that no one will read it. Glee is a show that is either loved or hated by many. Just like in the real world, the show is quite polarizing in this rankdown but it was expected, just as its livelihood in the rankdown. Anyway, I hope to be able to share my thoughts on the show, and the impact it had on my life, the legacy of the show, and some of my favourite performances from the show. 

First off, Glee was musical comedy/drama that aired on Fox between 2009 and 2015. The show aired on Fox where it was created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Ian Brennan – all of three also played a part in direction and written aspect of the show. The show was incredibly popular during its initial few

What was Glee about? Glee centers on a high school choir aka a glee club at the William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio.  Essentially, the show involved lots of singing from popular songs to show tunes. And while the show had some problematic scenes, the show did cover a lot of matter that deserved to be talked about such as religion, sexual identity, homophobia and transphobia, bullying,  body image, adoption, disability awareness, sex, mental health, domestic violence, the consequences of texting and driving, grief, and life after high school. 

What did Glee mean for a young Chris in a town of 1200 people? Glee meant everything to me, I could finally relate to someone on television. For young Chris who was bullied constantly in high school for being different, all despite not being opened with my sexual orientation, Glee was the show that brought joy and light into my life week after week. Their discussion surrounding acceptance of your sexual orientation showed me that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and everything will be better. If I am being honest, it was the first time that I related to a character as much as I loved Kurt - a musical loving gay kid; I wish I could have been as confident as Kurt where I could have openly love musicals without be ashamed of doing so. At the end of the day, Glee brought so many joy to all the Mercedes/Kurt/Blaine/Rachel/Brittany/Santana/Tina/Artie/Finn or the world - we felt heard and represented on TV; and that is truly Glee's real impact on television, as well creating a new appreciation of musicals among millennial.

And since Glee, the cast of Glee found some success in different aspect of their life - Amber Riley starred in Dreamgirls on West End where she won the Oliver Awards for her role as Effie White, Lea Michele starred in different shows and released three albums, Darren Criss added an Emmy to his name, Chris Colfer is a #1 bestselling author and has published 15 books, Jenna Ushkowitz appeared in Waitress as Dawn as well co-produced Once on This Island & Be More Chill on Broadway, Melissa Benoist appeared on Supergirl as well on Broadway as Carole King in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, and Alex Newell been making wave with his portrayal of Asaka in Once on This Island on Broadwasy as well as Mo on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. 

And now, here are my favourite songs/performances of each season - I am sure some will disagree but here we go;  

SEASON 1

giphy.gif

Pilot - “On My Own” // “Don’t Stop Believin’”

Showmance - “I Say a Little Prayer” // “Take a Bow

Acafellas - “Mercy” // “Bust Your Windows

Preggers - “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” // “Taking Chances

The Rhodes Not Taken - “Maybe This Time” // “Alone” // “Somebody To Love

Vitamin D - “Halo / Walking on Sunshine

Throwdown - “No Air” // “Keep Holding On

Mash-Up - “Sweet Caroline

Ballad - “Defying Gravity” // “Proud Mary” // “I’ll Stand By You

Hairography - “Papa Don’t Preach” // “Imagine” // “True Colors

Mattress - “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going To” // “Don’t Rain on My Parade

Hell-O - “Gives You Hell” // “Hello, Goodbye

The Power of Madonna - “Like a Prayer” // "Vogue" // "Express Yourself"

Home - “A House Is Not a Home” // “Beautiful” // “Home” 

Bad Reputation - “Total Eclipse of the Heart

Laryngitis - “Boy Is Mine" // "One

Dream On - “Dream On” // “I Dreamed A Dream"

Theatricality - “Bad Romance” // “Beth” // “Poker Face

Funk - “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World

Journey to Regionals - “Faithfully” // “Bohemian Rhapsody” // “Over The Rainbow

SEASON 2

tumblr_m9cyw3TUye1qbwrxto2_500.gifv 

Audition - “Empire State of Mind” // "Telephone” // “Listen

Britney/Brittany - “I’m a Slave 4 u” // “Me Against the Music” // “Toxic

Grilled Cheesus - “I Look to You” // “I Want to Hold Your Hand” // "Bridge over Troubled Water” // “One of Us

Duets - “River Deep - Mountain High”, “Lucky”, “Get Happy, Happy Days Are Here Again

The Rocky Horror Glee Show - "Time Warp" // “Sweet Tranvestite

Never Been Kissed - “Teenage Dream” // “Stop! In The Name of Love / Free Your Mind

The Substitute - “Forget You” // “Singin’ In The Rain / Umbrella

Furt - "Just The Way You Are"

Special Education - “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” // “Valerie” // “Dog Days Are Over

A Very Glee Christmas - “Last Christmas

The Sue Sylvester Shuffle - “Need You Now

Silly Love Songs - “Firework” // “Silly Love Songs

Comeback - “Take Me or Leave Me” // “Sing

Blame It on the Alcohol - “Tik Tok

Sexy - “Landslide

Original Song - “Blackbird” // “Candles” // "Get It Right” // “Loser Like Me

A Night of Neglect - “Turning Tables” // “Ain’t No Way” 

Born This Way - “I Feel Pretty / Unpretty” // “Somewhere Only We Know” // “Born This Way"

Rumours - "Dreams" // "Songbird” 

Prom Queen - “Rolling in the Deep” // “Jar of Hearts

Funeral - “Back to Black” // “My Man

New York - “For Good” // “Pretending” 

SEASON 3

2e4bdbd233d5978c728b7820a0aa13a7.gif

The Purple Piano Project -  "Anything Goes / Anything You Can Do" // "You Can't Stop The Beat"

I Am Unicorn - “Somewhere” 

Asian F - “Spotlight” // “Out Here On My Own" // "Fix You"

Pot o’ Gold - “Candyman

The First Time - “A Boy Like That / I Have a Love" // "America

Mash Off -  "Hit Me With Your Best Shot / One Way or Another" // “Rumour Has It / Someone Like You” 

I Kissed a Girl - "Perfect" // “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” // "Constant Craving"

Hold on to Sixteen - “Buenos Aires” // “Survivor / I Will Survive” //  “Man in the Mirror

Extraordinary Merry Christmas - “River

Yes/No - “Without You

Michael - “Smooth Criminal

The Spanish Teacher - N/A

Heart - “Home" // "I Will Always Love You” 

On My Way - “Cough Syrup” // "Fly / I Believe I Can Fly"

Big Brother - “I'm Still Standing" // "Fighter

Saturday Night Glee Fever - N/A

Dance with Somebody - “How Will I Know” // “I Wanna Dance With Someobody (Who Loves Me)” // “So Emotional” // “It’s Not Right but It’s Okay” // "I Have Nothing"

Choke - “Cell Block Tango” // "Shake It Out” // “Cry

Prom-asaurus - N/A

Props - “I Won’t Give Up” // "Because You Loved Me"

Nationals - “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now” // “We Are the Champions

Goodbye - “Roots Before Branches"

SEASON 4

3127135569_1_15_Bae9dn9L.gif

The New Rachel - “Chasing Pavements

Britney 2.0 - “Hold It Against Me” // “Womanizer" // "Everytime

Makeover - N/A

The Break Up - “Give Your Heart Break” // “Teenage Dream" (Acoustic) // “Mine" // “The Scientist

The Role You Were Born to Play - “Hopelessly Devoted to You

Glease - "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee" // "You're The One I Want"

Dynamic Duets - “Holding Out for a Hero” // “Heroes

Thanksgiving - "Homeward Bound / Home"

Swan Song - “All That Jazz” // “Being Good Isn't Good Enough" // "Don’t Dream It’s Over

Glee, Actually - N/A

Sadie Hawkins - "Tell Him"

Naked - “Torn” // “A Thousand Years” // "Love Song

Divas - “Nutbush City Limits” // "Bring Him Home" // "Girl On Fire"

I Do - N/A

Girls (and Boys) on Film - “Come What May

Feud - N/A

Guilty Pleasures - “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)” // “Mamma Mia

Shooting Star - N/A

Sweet Dreams - “Next to Me” // "Don't Stop Believin'

Lights Out - "Little Girls" // "At The Ballet"

Wonder-ful - N/A

All or Nothing - “To Love You More” // “Wings” // "All or Nothing"

SEASON 4

tumblr_muhvfmXxNW1rrsol6o1_500.gifv

Love, Love, Love - “Yesterday” // "Help!" // "All You Need Is Love"

Tina in the Sky With Diamonds - “Here Comes The Sun" // Hey Jude” // “Let It Be

The Quarterback - “Seasons of Love” // “I’ll Stand by You” // “Fire and Rain” // “If I Die Young” // "No Surrender" // “Make You Feel My Love”

A Katy or a Gaga - “Marry The Night” 

The End of Twerk - “If I Were a Boy” // “Wrecking Ball

Movin’ Out -  N/A

Puppet Master - N/A

Previously UNaired Christmas - N/A

Frenemies -  “Brave" // "Don’t Rain on My Parade” // "Breakaway"

Trio -  N/A

City of Angels - “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” 

100 - “Raise Your Glass” // “Toxic” // “Defying Gravity” // “Valerie” // "Keep Holding On"

New Directions - “I Am Changing” // “Loser Like Me (Acoustic)” // “Don’t Stop Believin'

New New York - “People” 

Bash - “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” // "Colorblind

Tested - "I Want To Know What Love Is"

Opening Night - "I'm The Greatest Star"

Back-up Plan - “The Rose

Old Dog, New Tricks - “Memory

The Untitled Rachel Berry Project - “All of Me” // “Glitter in the Air

SEASON 6

giphy.gif

Loser Like Me - “Suddenly Seymour” // “Let It Go

Homecoming - “Tightrope” // "Home"

Jagged Little Tapestry -  "Hand in My Pocket/I Feel the Earth Move" //  "You Learn/You've Got a Friend

The Hurt Locker, Part One - “B!tch” 

The Hurt Locker, Part Two - N/A

What The World Needs Now - "What The World Needs Now Is Love"

Transitioning - "I Know Where I've Been

A Wedding - "At Last"

Child Star - N/A

The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester - "The Trolley Song" // “Rise

We Built This Glee Club - "Listen to Your Heart" // "Take Me to Church"

2009 -  “Popular” 

Dreams Come True - “The Winner Takes It All" // "This Time” // “I Lived

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, *Diana said:

CHRIS, i am crying ❤️

I sat on it for a while to post it before the finale round ❤️

Aw Chris. I'm glad Glee helped you as much as it did. 😍

And their cover of Cry is one of the few Kelly Clarkson covers I actually like. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

wow and I thought I was the only one that wanted to quit this

Edited by NGM

Just now, aliasocfan said:

Aw Chris. I'm glad Glee helped you as much as it did. 😍

And their cover of Cry is one of the few Kelly Clarkson covers I actually like. 

Thanks Anne ❤️ 

And I agree - Lea does a good on it! 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

CHRIS.❤️ GLEE. :clap:A Glee song rankdown to make the haters seethe? :shiftywave:

Yes! Reminds me of the +/- ❤️ 

Neever watched Glee but I love some of the songs from it. ❤️ And it brought Darren into prominence so I can't hate. :giggle: 

• Like 2

I don't think a rankdown is gonna make anyone seethe. It's not like I care that there has been multiple American Idol rankdowns 😂

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

When did Kurt win one? :dead:

2011~

Hello 👋

So, I’ve been learning about what’s been going on behind the scenes. This game is supposed to be fun, and it’s a shame when it becomes difficult for people. Final cuts are supposed to be next, but I’m afraid it’ll end up exacerbating the situation with 15 rankers making 15 cuts. So, I’m willing to change the format to 15 saves instead of 15 cuts. I’m undecided though.

I know I’m the host and should just make the decision myself, but I would like to know how you all feel about this. I know it’s unprecedented for a rankdown’s final elimination round, but it’s still going to be a Top 20. Feel free to share your thoughts.

saves are fine for me especially with the trash behind the scenes.

I am completely clueless, so I won't argue with whatever you decide. 

I have always liked the saying don't let a few bad eggs ruin the fun for everyone. So I think letting those people dictate how the game ends is probably not the right way to go about this. But you are the host so its up to you ultimately. 

I think since we already did the voting to advance a few, final cuts would probably give a more accurate Top 20? But I haven’t really gotten too involved in the behind the scenes stuff, so I understand if majority votes for the saves instead...

Basically, if you want everyone to vote I’d vote to leave it with cuts as-is. But I’ll stick with it either way. :yes:

I wouldn't mind a save per rankers, and rankers can volunteer to do write-ups.

But it seems that you won't be able to please everyone :(