Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

The Man in the High Castle

The-Hit-House-composer-Scott-Lee-Miller%

giphy.gif

I never heard of The Man in the High Castle at all until this game. But well done to Tom on getting this show so far and into the Top 45…. I think at #43. I think he said he might do a a tribute post for it which should be much better than my write-up but as always I will try best to give it a good write-up.

The Man in the High Castle is an American alternate universes & history, drama, dystopia, science fiction and thriller series…. wow that is A LOT. :dead:The Man in the High Castle has aired 4 seasons with 40 episodes on Amazon Prime Video from January 15,  2015 through November 15,  2019. It is also based on the Philip K. Dick 1962 novel of the same name. The series stars: Alexa Davalos, Rupert Evans, Luke Kleintank, DJ Qualls, Joel de la Fuente, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Rufus Sewell, Brennan Brown and many more. And wow…. I have heard of none of these people before.

As this show is about the parallel universe it does tell and showcase the story of Nazi Germany an the Empire of Japan having dividing the United States into two different sections - the east reflecting the Greater Nazi Reich (with New York City being its capital) while the west represents the Japanese Pacific States (with San Francisco being its capital). These territories are separated by a natural zone that encompasses the Rocky Mountains. Here is a pic of how the country is divided on the show….

250px-Man_High_Castle_(TV_Series)_map.sv

The characters of the show lives and destinies  are conflicted and intertwine  when they come in contact - and home movies are shown of Germany and Japan losing the war. The Axis powers have won World War II in 1946 after Giuseppe Zangara assassinated U.S. President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt - and it creates a various amount of developments such as the Germans dropping an atomic bomb on Washington D.C.  The German side did have the superior technology to help them out throughout wars and their way of living.

I don’t think this is really my kind of show at all but again congrats to its fans getting this show so far. I will provide a trailer for those to watch.