• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *Wallace

• Steven_

• Elliott

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm officially back and settled into my home after two weeks of being in the hospital.

Thank you to everyone who reached out during this difficult family time. ❤️ My mom was released from the hospital this evening and I'm staying with her as much as possible. I am so happy she's home an

I'll be taking a break from IDF today. A body has been found. I love you all. ❤️ Please tell your family and friends that. You never know what could happen to anyone of us. I love you, Naya. You did

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

R.I.P. Man in the High Castle. 😢 A big favorite of mine tht I'm glad I got this far. I'll post a tribute to it eventually!

Very well done getting Man in the High Castle so far. :hug: 

1 hour ago, vee_ said:

I've slept thru 4 nominations now...

source.gif

DANCING WITH THE STARS

PART TWO - SEASONS 8 - 14

DWTS-narrow.jpg?fit=630,219&ssl=1

It’s time to continue on through my journey through Dancing with the Stars as I will be talking about the next seven seasons - Seasons 8 through 14! 😄

SEASON 8

tumblr_m000o1DdCM1rpkg2no11_r1_250.gifvtumblr_m2vbmdZtW31rpkg2no8_r1_250.gifvtumblr_m2antjjc6j1rpkg2no1_250.gifv

Season 8 started airing on March 2008 and this was another season I really enjoyed and was into. This particular season was pretty much a two-horse race between Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas and Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke. Both were amazing dancers/competitors and did really well throughout the season. They competition was super tight between Shawn and Gilles - that Shawn ended up beating Gilles with less than 1% of the overall vote. That is insanity. 😮 But while they were always the frontrunners - let’s not forget about some other great dancers and rootable underdog contenders - Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani and Lil’ Kim & Derek Hough who I also really rooted for and supported on the season. I also enjoyed Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower and Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough as minor faves. My personal favorite was Shawn so of course i was super happy she ended up winning. This also marked Mark’s (:giggle: ) second win on the show.

Shawn, Gilles, Melissa and Lil’ Kim all were fantastic and delivered a bunch of strong dances throughout the course of the season. So I will try to post some of my very favorites from them - which would be: Shawn’s Cha-Cha & Freestyle, Gilles’ Argentine Tango, Melissa’s Samba and Lil’ Kim’s Jive. And I would recommend you watch other dances from these four as well.

SEASON 9

tumblr_lzw9fmfj5e1rpkg2no10_r1_250.gifvSlushyGoodHind-max-1mb.giftumblr_lzw518Im0h1rpkg2no8_r1_250.gifv

Season 9 started airing in September 2009 and it featured its largest cast ever with 16 couples. That idea was a choice…. and kind of a disaster tbh. :dead: BUT what wasn’t a disaster was the casting of Mya! :wub: Mya was partnered with Dmitry Chaplin and they had such an outstanding and iconic partnership. Mya was not only my favorite of that season but my all-time DWTS celeb ever on the show. Sure S9 wasn’t one of the all-time greatest seasons - but having Mya on there i was super invested in her journey an watched her dances over and over again. :wub:  

Ooh wait yeah there were other people too. :haha: Lol I tease but i had other faves - like secondary faves in Joanna Krupa & Derek Hough and Aaron Carter & Karina Smirnoff. And this was also a very fun and special season for Denise and myself as it featured our childhood crushes of Mya and Aaron Carter on the season. My crush on Mya and her crush on Aaron - just to clear that up. Then I also liked a number of other couples such as: Donny Osmond & Kym Johnson, Kelly Osbourne & Louis van Amstel, Mark Dacascos & Lacey Schwmmer and Natalie Coughlin & Alec Mazo. Although sadly Donny Osmond won the season over Mya and ugh it was a result i was super livid about. I did like Donny (don't at me y'all) and knew he was insanely popular and was always going to win - but still does not make that result easy on me. :/ But that is the frustrating part about the show. 

But yeah I loved so many dances from Mya soo I will post some of my absolute favorites from her which would include her Lambada, Samba and Salsa - all of which she WORKED. But seriously check out all of her dances. And to not keep it all about Mya, I will also post Joanna’s iconic Paso Doble.

SEASON 10

tumblr_m9akmqPJv41rpkg2no2_250.gifvtumblr_lzodunCHwy1rpkg2no7_r3_250.gifv

tumblr_m0ysps4uRU1rpkg2no2_250.gifvtumblr_m1pw3dIdiu1rpkg2no6_r1_250.gifv

Season 10 (which started airing in March 2010) is another season that didn’t have tooo many strong competitors but there was one person I absolutely LOVED stanned and rooted for sooo it made me really enjoy the season. That celeb being Queen Nicole Scherzinger of course! :wub: Nicole was partnered with Derek Hough and wow they had a really amazing and iconic partnership - and i will NOT hear otherwise.  I really loved sooo many of their dances. Besides Nicole & Derek - there were two other partnerships I loved and rooted for which were: Evan Lysack & Anna Trebunskaya and Erin Andrews & Maks Chmerkovskiy. They were all the Top 3 and it was so perfect. Then I also really liked Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood. Nicole did dominant the season and thankfully won which I was so happy about - and she is also m favorite winner of the whole series of the show. :wub: 

I will post some of my very favorite dances from some of the above names including - well there is a whole  video that features all of Nicole’s dances so I would post that which would cover everything. I would recommend watching both of her Jives, Tango, Paso Doble, Argentine Tango and Cha-Cha. Then I will also post Evan’s and Erin’s respective Argentine Tangos too which were amazing too.

SEASON 11

InsignificantPolishedCuscus-small.gif

tumblr_m1bxuzHRIY1rpkg2no11_r1_250.gifvtumblr_m2b17cVYjb1rpkg2no9_r1_250.gifv

Season 11 (which started airing in September 2010) is a season that had its fair share of highs and lows. I did have four main favorites that I loved/really liked and rooted for the course of the season. Those partnerships I rooted for were: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough, Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer, Brandy & Maks Chmerkovskiy and Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani. My favorite of this season was Brandy. Like with Mya and Nicole, I have been a fan of Brandy’s for years well before their stints on DWTS - so of course it is always great watching and rooting or the celebrities you have loved for so long - which I mentioned is one of the reasons why I love DWTS. 

Brandy didn’t start off too strongly but at around Week 5 she was starting to really deliver an killing it - only to be robbed rudely at 4th place and robbed of a final spot from Bristol Palin. Ugh this was such an upsetting and disappointing result. :/ I’m not going to rant too much about Bristol like I know some people can and do (and Elliott does the best job of that) - but it was not a good look and made me so frustrated. I even remember discussing this season with my aunt and she was livid about that too as I think Brandy was her favorite too. But yeah Audrina, Rick Fox & Kurt Warner - whom I also liked were robbed by Bristol too. Thankfully Jennifer and Kyle were a strong Top 2 that kept the finale going for me after Brandy's elimination. I did root more for Kyle to win this season but I was pleased with Jennifer winning. This was also Derek’s 3rd win on the show. Jennifer did set the record for the oldest woman to win the show at 50 which was really cool. 

There were a number of dances I really loved this season and some of my standouts would include…. Brandy’s Waltz (ugh can’t find a proper YT link of her Argentine Tango), Kyle’s Jive and Jennifer’s Argentine Tango.

SEASON 12

tumblr_lzlufws2SR1rpkg2no5_250.gifv tumblr_ma5vxizjDj1rpkg2no9_r2_250.gifv

giphy.gif 

Season 12 (which started airing in March 2011) wasn’t one of my top favorites of DWTS but it was still a season i still enjoyed. I did have 3 main favorites in Hines Ward & Kym Johnson, Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas and Romeo & Chelsie Hightower. I also had two secondary/minor faves in Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy and Ralp Macchio & Karina Sminoff. And all of those couples ended up making the Final 5 - so the final 5 was perfect but the order was not in my ideal order. Chelsea was my favorite that season and  I thought she was the set dancer. Sadly her fanbase was really small in comparison to the Final 4, so much so that they had to create this +15  point Winner Takes All Cha-Cha challenge to get her into the finals. :dead: That was ridiculous rigging but I didn’t mind as it helped my favorite get to the finals. :haha: Hines Ward ended up winning the season, which haas fine as he’s a solid dancer but I was kinda meh about it? It did give Kym her second win - so I was happy for her there.

I will post some of my favorite dances from this season which includes: Chelsea’s Viennese Waltz & Rumba, Romeo’s Waltz and Hines’ Freestyle.

SEASON 13

tumblr_lzu3d3lFdj1rpkg2no7_r1_250.gifvtumblr_m1f2c8CdnT1rpkg2no22_r1_250.gifv

Season 13 (which started airing in September 2011) was definitely one of the roughest and least enjoyable seasons for me - perhaps my overall least favorite season? It usually stands out at that. And yeah looking back 2011 was a rough year for DWTS for me to be honest. :haha: I did have 4 favorites this season which were: J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff, Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke, Ricki Lake & Derek Hough and Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas. Okay so Season 13 suffered a lot from a very weak cast and a messy elimination order. The losses of Kristin & Mark and Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani on Weeks 3 & 4 - with about 3/4 weaker dancers remaining over them made things really tough to watch. 

Luckily the Top 3 were amongst my favorites of that season - so despite all of its messiness at least we had a mostly right Final 3 (even though I am sure I would have preferred Kristin in there over Rob had she gotten a full season of routines). J.R. was my favorite and won that season so I was very happy for him winning + also Karina getting her first Mirrorball trophy win. And big guilty pleasure alert - Rob’s underdog journey going from someone who couldn’t dance at all to someone that could turn out some great routines was fascinating to watch. And if Denise calls me out and embarrasses me about it - then……. I don’t know - I will just run and hide. :dead: Or maybe i am just setting myself up for embarrassment there. :haha:

Even with my 3 faves making the Final 3. I do believe this is the only season where none of them makes my personal Top 50 favorites celebs list. Ooh there’s also Season 1 too. Anyway.  I will post some of my favorite dances from this season which includes: J.R.’s Freestyle, Rob’s (1st) Samba and Ricki’s Tango (iconic!).

SEASON 14

tumblr_m34kzay6nL1rpkg2no2_250.gifvtumblr_m4gamz1ErN1rpkg2no9_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_m3fdnbH5xV1rpkg2no10_250.gifvtumblr_m4vftol26z1rpkg2no10_r1_250.gifv

Season 14 (started airing in March 2012).. and I am sorry but I find this to be the most underrated season ever of DWTS on here. Most people rag on it being a terrible season but for me personally, it was a major step up from Season 12 and especially Season 13. I just do not get the hate for this season at all. I did have 6 favorite couples that I rooted for which included: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas, Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd, William Levy & Cheryl Burke, Maria Menounos & Derek Hough, Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower and Jaleel White & Kym Johnson. 

I will say that Katherine was my favorite and she was such a pleasant surprise and really such an amazing dancer. :wub: However it was Donald Driver (another football player) who won that season. I was bummed that Donald won over Katherine as I was rooting for her to win - but it was still impressive how she got 2nd despite not being well known in the U.S. I did also love Roshon and Maria as my 2nd and 3rd faves too. Melissa Gilbert (partnered with Maks) was the annoying overstayer type contestant for me although I guess her overstaying her time on the show wasn’t nearly as annoying as some other celebs. :haha: Oh Jaleel - who I loved as Steve Urkel in the Family Matters days started off really strong and as my initial favorite but disappointed me with his run and dipped to my 6th favorite by the end.Also how underrated Roshon was via the public votes was also annoying.

I did love a lot of dances from Season 14 so it will be tough to narrow it down but I can do so. I will link Katherine’s (1st) Jive & Waltz, Donald’s Freestyle, Maria’s Paso Doble and Roshon’s Viennese Waltz.

I am already halfway done y’all! :dead: Be sure to stay tuned for Part 3 of my DWTS write-up coming up in the next few days!

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out during this difficult family time. ❤️ My mom was released from the hospital this evening and I'm staying with her as much as possible. I am so happy she's home and recovering. 😭  I haven't had the chance to put noms together, so please bear with me. I will get them up as soon as I can tomorrow.

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thank you to everyone who reached out during this difficult family time. ❤️ My mom was released from the hospital this evening and I'm staying with her as much as possible. I am so happy she's home and recovering. 😭  I haven't had the chance to put noms together, so please bear with me. I will get them up as soon as I can tomorrow.

So glad for you and your mom! :hug:

11 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I've also been wanting to give this show a shot too. 😮 

Dooo it. ❤️ 

10 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Awwww thank you for your comments here. Ooh lol yes I have my friends outside of IDF that kinda trashes the show - but i don’t care because I love it. And YESSS at your comments. This is ALL SO true. Ughh yeah - that was such a brutal round for us but awwww yesss you’re sooo welcome. It’s what best friends do for each other. :hug::wub:  Ahh yess I know you LOVE DWTS too - so this was a tough loss or you. Ughh yess - this too. I really miss the spring seasons so much too. Although it probably would have gotten cancelled if there was one this year. Oooh LOL ahhh yess I know. Very true. I wanted to do my huge write-up for DWTS in the finals but I knew chances  were very slim to get it to that point. Awww thanks. Iam feeling a little better and more motivated now.

lmaoo It was hard finding Tom DWTS gifs for some reason - or one I wanted to use but  that one worked. Ooh yess really do love how we had the same judging panel for 28 seasons. SOOO impressive! :omg: Oooh yess same at this with loving celebs you never knew before. I meant to mention that too. Yesss UGH this show bringing us so much rage and anxiety - and omggg I remember the anxiety it brought you and how I had to calm you down for it. :( Yesss same at the show making me love ballroom too. Ughh yeah. I only mentioned my DWTS list as it was relevant here but ugh sooo sad to lose all of those lists and stuff. OOOH OMGG that was something different - and lmaooo dang I forgot to mention that. But yess my web design class. I had a reality show proect and of course had DWTS pages on it. Ah i really missed that. :haha:

YESSS these gifs! :wub: And yesss your DWTS tumblr. You need to bring it back and #bless us with more of your amazing gifs. :wub: Mhmmm it does still exist and some of them are there via google search. Yesssss it does - I love our agreement regarding the DWTS fandom. :haha: Ooh yeah I watched Season 1…… hmmm. I think the September before Season 23. So in 2016? I forgot when you watched it. Ahh yesss at this with S4/S5. And awww yayy thank you for these comments - I wanted to chose a different and nice amount of various representation for each season - and trying to do it in a small amount as it would build up. OMGG LOL oops I failed on my 5-dance limit there. :lmao: I tried not to go above 6 or 7 dances per season haha. Ugh yess I don’t want to re-live or think of that either. Such hard times. And awww thank you so much for you supportive words. :hug: Hoping to post the next part tomorrow!

:hug: It's a great show to love. I know it. :(  Wally. 😢 :hug: ❤️ I didn't want any of the three to go! :(  Yeah, from twice a year for soo long to only once now kind of makes me feel less connected. But wow, didn't even think about if it was airing right now! Crazy to imagine. Aww. 😢 :hug: 

lol I am asking what he's waving though. :lmao: Yes! Ughh I know and we don't need to talk about that here, but you know. :( Ballroom is my favorite because of this. :wub: Ah, I know, although we had sooo many DWTS lists too, or at least I did, from forever ago. Ahh haha yes, that was so fun. I don't remember doing a DWTS project, but I did write an essay on ballroom dancing, which was inspired by it.  :haha:  

Oh my goodness. :lmao: Did you go there and find them? I don't have the time or software for that anymore. Gosh, I don't even know how I did all that, but it was fun while it lasted. 😢 Aww wow! I feel special. Same. ❤️ OMG 2016 is so late. I watched it much earlier, but don't know when. I think I was gonna show you videos though like we did for other shows and maybe did the first week and then didn't get back to it. Aww you did great. ❤️ lol yes, one season after you said that. 😛  I know, Wally. :( :hug: Of course! ❤️ I see you posted it and I hope to read it tomorrow.

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

SO glad to hear about this with your mother being home now. May she continue to recover and get better. :hug: 

I think we can all be understanding and wait for whenever you can get your noms. You're going through a lot right now. :hug: 

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

Dooo it. ❤️ 

:hug: It's a great show to love. I know it. :(  Wally. 😢 :hug: ❤️ I didn't want any of the three to go! :(  Yeah, from twice a year for soo long to only once now kind of makes me feel less connected. But wow, didn't even think about if it was airing right now! Crazy to imagine. Aww. 😢 :hug: 

lol I am asking what he's waving though. :lmao: Yes! Ughh I know and we don't need to talk about that here, but you know. :( Ballroom is my favorite because of this. :wub: Ah, I know, although we had sooo many DWTS lists too, or at least I did, from forever ago. Ahh haha yes, that was so fun. I don't remember doing a DWTS project, but I did write an essay on ballroom dancing, which was inspired by it.  :haha:  

Oh my goodness. :lmao: Did you go there and find them? I don't have the time or software for that anymore. Gosh, I don't even know how I did all that, but it was fun while it lasted. 😢 Aww wow! I feel special. Same. ❤️ OMG 2016 is so late. I watched it much earlier, but don't know when. I think I was gonna show you videos though like we did for other shows and maybe did the first week and then didn't get back to it. Aww you did great. ❤️ lol yes, one season after you said that. 😛  I know, Wally. :( :hug: Of course! ❤️ I see you posted it and I hope to read it tomorrow.

I'll think about it. Binge-watching two shows right now - alongside watching all of the other shows currently on. It's tough to fit in. :haha: 

Yayy i certainly agree. Aww Denise. :hug: Ughh I didn’t either. :( Ooh awww at the disconnect thing. i see and understand. I won’t say here but you know what i blame on that. But I do miss it being on twice a year too. :( Yeah I thought about that - as other international DWTS shows have been ending a week sooner or been cancelled altogether (and also BB Canada too). So gahh.

Ooh lmaooo I don’t even know. :lmao: Oooh awww yess I know but I always helped you get through those times. :( And you always helped me get through the times of my favorites being shock boots. :hug: Awww yayy for the ballroom love there! Oooh omggg UGH yesss - we did do loads of DWTS lists throughout our lives. Such different ones and ugh soooo sad all of those are gone. Aww yess that was really fun for me too. Lol it was fun going and majoring in television as I got to write and research about shows I loved. :haha: Ooh awww I love how you did an essay on ballroom dancing and how that was inspired by DWTS. Awww so cute!

:giggle: Lol well I always remembered the site name. But awww sadness at this but I totally understand. :( I do really miss that site though and it was fun seeing the gifs you’d make there. Gahh yeah it was A LOT of work you did there! 😮 I couldn’t imagine doing so. Awww yess you should. Lmaooo it was really late - but i had to do so for lists purposes as I didn’t want to exclude the S1 cast. Oh yeah I was wonder when you started watching too. OOOOH Yess I think we did do that for the first week but then….. never did so again. Kinda reminds me of the things I do. :ph34rwave: Aww thank you! Oooh lmao oops. It’s so hard. Cause I would want to post like 10+ dances per season but can’t do that. :lmao: Gahh yeah. :hug: Look forward to your thoughts on my next write-up!

21 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Me seeing @*Wallace spill truth tea about Mya and Brandy on DWTS:

Spongebob Squarepants Ok GIF

Me seeing @*Wallace praise Nicole and Jennifer on DWTS:

tongue thumbs down GIF

:wub:

DON'T BE A HATER. It's not a cute look. 🙂 

You should also be proud of my brief shading of Bristol. Although I'm sure you would have want  me to go off more on that. :lmao: 

Trying to figure out what I can nominate when I have a minute (but safety requests are looking like there may be nothing left :dead: )  

I hope I don't need an extension, but putting it out there just in case @Steven_ 

4 hours ago, *Diana said:

Oh Denise ❤️ so happy for your mom. I had been thinking all about you since you posted

Thank you so much, that's very kind. :hug: I really appreciate this! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

SO glad to hear about this with your mother being home now. May she continue to recover and get better. :hug: 

I think we can all be understanding and wait for whenever you can get your noms. You're going through a lot right now. :hug: 

Thank you, Wally. :hug: It's a process, but she's recovering and I am so thankful. ❤️  

And thanks for this, it's appreciated! (will also reply to the write-up convo later on after I get the noms figured out) 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

That was shade? :huh: 

:dead:

It was more of a mini-rant. But you know i'm too nice to go all out like that. 😢 :dead:  

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thank you, Wally. :hug: It's a process, but she's recovering and I am so thankful. ❤️  

And thanks for this, it's appreciated! (will also reply to the write-up convo later on after I get the noms figured out) 

:hug: 

Ah yess take your time on that regarding replying back!

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Trying to figure out what I can nominate when I have a minute (but safety requests are looking like there may be nothing left :dead: )  

I hope I don't need an extension, but putting it out there just in case @Steven_ 

19 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I think I need an extension please @Steven_. I've being working a bit on noms, but really need to tend to my mom now. :(❤️ I'm sorry to hold this up.

Of course, no worries!

I'm glad your mom is home and recovering now. :hug: