idolforums.com
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Ooh lots of new detailed write-ups I'll need to check out. ❤️ 

Thank you! :hug:  Oh, I thought you were somewhat. I think you would enjoy it.  :yes: NPH is incredible in that role and you'd love it. I can't really think of a show to compare it to, but it's a fun one to watch. I don't think of it as a comedy like a sitcom, but I think dark comedy is the perfect description of it. Really? I posted so many funny gifs though. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 I think you'd get it if you watched. The general storyline is drama, but it is full of humor and overly dramatic. 

That's an accurate representation of what goes on the whole time. :lmao:  Thank youuu. :hug:❤️ 

I hope you will like mine. :’( Gah just realized i got another one to do. :lmao: 

You’re welcome. :hug: Oooh I’m sure i heard of it but I can’t really recall? Ooh wow, you think soo? Maybe I would, hmmm. I did like what I saw from NPH as it’s sooo different from him. Also forgot to say, super surprised ASOUE outlasted How I Met your Mother here haha. Ooh ahhh ok i see - yeah it’s not an obvious kind of comedy but hmm dark comedy. I heard of this genre but it’s interesting. Ooh yea I know you did, haha. Some of it I didn’t get. :ph34r: But this last sentence makes sense.

LMAOOO omgg wow. That always cracks me up when characters are like that in shows. :lmao: You’re welcome!

37 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Bill from The Circle is social distancing while Ed is partying with friends. Not surprised, we’ve been knew. Bill>>>Ed

Oh, I didn't know you knew them personally.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Instagram :))

I was obviously kidding. :giggle:

PS: Is that the same smiley emoji from IDF? I remember it being more menacing? :dead:

gbgyep8.png

giphy.gif tenor.gif?itemid=7191955 giphy.gif Nw812WR.gif

RuPaul’s Drag Race is a reality television competition which has been airing since 2009, and currently in its 12th season. It first aired on Logo TV - it quickly began the highest rated television show for Logo TV. Upon its mainstream success, the show made a move to VH1 in 2017. Its success can also be measured by its spin-off shows such as RuPaul’s Drag U, RuPaul’s Drag All Stars, Untucked, and RuPaul’s Drag Race UK.  The show won 4 consecutive Emmys for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program, and for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program which is impressive. 

Now onto the show, it follows the legendary drag queen known as RuPaul in the search of Amerca’s next drag superstar. On the show, RuPaul is the host/mentor/judge/producer where he is joined by other judges such as Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, Ross Matthews, Santino Rice, and guest judges.  

Each week of the competition, the queens must compete into mini challenges where they must perform a different task with limited time to get repeated (e.g.: the first challenge is always a photoshoot, the reading challenge known as “the library is open”). The winner of this mini-challenge is often rewarded with an advantage when it comes to the main challenge. After the mini challenge, the queen compete in the maxi challenge of the week which varies from improvisation or acting, making a runway, lipsync, and doing a makeover - the winner of the mini-challenge is often rewarded with a prize such as a vacation, cruise, cosmetic items or designer clothing. 

Following the mini-challenge, the queens are judges based on their performance as well as their look on the runway where they have wear an outfit following a theme that is assigned to them - RuPaul often will start the runway with “the category is…” which is a nod to the ball scene in New York in the 1970s & 1980s, mainly.  And once the queens receive their critiques, they are either in the top, safe, or in the bottom - the 2 queens in the bottom will compete in a Lipsync for your life where they lipsync to an iconic song, sometimes from a guest judge. The winner of lipsync gets to “shantay you stay” while the eliminated queen must “sashay away”. 

And now, if you thought this write-up was over then you’re mistaken as I will be doing a quick overview of each season which will feature some iconic gifs, runway looks, and lip syncs of that cycle. Start your engine because this write-up will be something else as I wanted to be #extra. 

SEASON 1

119-1199167_rupauls-drag-race-season-1-promo.jpg

The first season of RuPaul Drag Race is often known as the season with a terrible filter. It's also the forgotten season - the first season was essentially a pilot for the show. There was 9 drag queens, and the winner of this season is Bebe Zahara Benet. It's not necessarily my favourite season but when I think of the first season, I think about;

• Victoria Porkchop being the first queen to be eliminated, and therefore becoming a meme queen.
  • Akashia's fall on the runway
  • Shannel losing her head piece during LFYL
  • Ongina revealing that she is HIV+, following the Mac-Viva Glam commercial.
  • Shannel nominating herself for elimination, because she couldn't handle the criticism. 
  • Tammie Brown vs. RuPaul during the reunion

And now here some quick highlight of the season featuring memorable lipsync for your life, runway looks, and some memorable moments from the first season.

MEMORABLE RUNWAY LOOKS

22DvGOy.gif source.gif

giphy.gif cameroooooooon.gif  

giphy.gif source.gif

GIF WORTHY MOMENTS

giphy.gif tumblr_n21xctfvTY1r3jqyco1_400.gif 

MEMORABLE LIPSYNC FOR YOUR LIFE

1ede40d0-bc8f-0131-080f-0614553e97ba.gif 

Greatest Love Of All - Shannel & Akashia

tumblr_onhdv3udqZ1qac1soo1_400.gifv

Stronger - Bebe Zahara Benet & Ongina

tumblr_mazps6nSQJ1qbzqexo1_500.gifv

Cover Girl - Bebe Zahara Benet & Nina Flowers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 2

latest?cb=20140111092301

The 2nd season premiered in 2010 - while the show did not have the same viewership as recent seasons, many of the queens on the season are beloved by the fandom. As a whole, the season isn't as memorable as other season mainly due to the fact that there's barely any iconic moment from the season, and the runway looks were still a bit basic. But despite all of this, there were memorable moments;

• Morgan McMichaels vs. Mystique Summers in Untucked - their fight gave us "B!tch, I am from Chicago!"
  • The introduction of Snatch Game where Tatianna slayed as Britney Spears. And kudos to Pandora Boxxx for her Carol Channing's impersonation, as well Jessica Wild's version of RuPaul. 
  • The library is officially opened - we received some iconic read, notable Jujubee's read of her fellow contestants.
  • Jujubee being wasted while performing "Black Velvet"
  • Raven being a lipsync assassin - she loss the finale lipsync to Tyra Sanchez but we do not talk about that. 
  • Tatianna vs. Tyra Sanchez in Untucked
  • Tatianna vs. Raven at the reunion 

MEMORABLE RUNWAY LOOKS

401acb0e8c62b32a514069aaab909ba7.gif 2509328_orig.gif

3367599_orig.gif 21d59e1105952913683ea4d35ed8f6cd7da0276b_hq.gif 

GIF WORTHY MOMENTS

tumblr_ncog60BPKW1qlvwnco4_250.gifv giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8313166 giphy.gif

ORu6.gif LonelySkinnyChamois-size_restricted.gif

BVyH.gif tumblr_mdempoj9VN1r608iio1_500.gif

tumblr_m1o82aGafS1qbzqexo1_500.gif  source.gif 

My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) - Raven & Nicole Paige Brooks

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Two of Hearts - Morgan McMichaels & Sonique

tumblr_ms5lviYGmu1s6sc4lo6_400.gif tumblr_lyb439qM2b1qhh6xjo5_400.gif 

Black Velvet - Jujubee & Sahara Davenport

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 3

6658351_orig.png?273

The 3rd season aired in 2011, and it remains one of the strongest season in my opinion. This season also introduced us to Michelle Visage as a permanent judge. The season was filled with drama, memorable challenges, iconic runway looks and legendary drag queens. Here are some of the highlight of the season, in my opinion; 

• Shangela being the first returnee after being eliminated during the 1st episode in the 2nd season.
  • Memorable challenges like Queens in Space, Fitness Video, and the Morning News Show. 
  • Shangela vs. Mimi ImFurst in Untucked
  • Mimi Imfurst picking up India Farrah during their LSFYL
  • Snatch Game: Stacy Layne Matthew as Mo'nique,  Raja as Tyra Banks whom smized too hard, Alexis Mateo's version of Alicia Keys, Manila Luzon as Imelda Marcos, and Yara Sofia trying to do a British accent. 
  • Alexis opening up about her love life with a military man during the patriotic message challenge, and where she delivered an iconic runway look.
  • The formation of a clique known as Heathers (Raja, Carmen, Manila, and Delta)
  • The iconic tullegate from Untucked.
  • Raja & Manila dominating the runway - the perfect top 2 for the season.  

MEMORABLE RUNWAY LOOKS

tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o1_250.gif tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o2_250.gif tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o9_r1_250.gif tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o6_r1_250.gif 

tumblr_nvrvua6H5a1qac1soo1_540.gifv  giphy.gif

6doh.gif  giphy.gif tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o4_r1_250.gif

1926371.gif tumblr_n3c6bzf8fM1r6h9k3o8_r2_250.gif NastyNimbleClam-small.gif 

GIF WORTHY MOMENTS

8c74f410d3865b54f627eda975fea507.gif 

8wKSrq1.giftumblr_olvd1rtQh71w453xyo1_250.gifv 

ArtisticMarriedGelada-small.gifAchingEntireIcefish-small.gif

Fwxj.giftumblr_n829o1wpRj1rn3sbpo6_250.gif

tumblr_n829o1wpRj1rn3sbpo7_250.giftumblr_nue0ootIzi1rpaylno6_400.gif 

5e48f0670871a61b14bc04e626de3f92.gif 

Straight Up - Raja & Carmen Carrera

giphy.gif 

MacArthur Park - Manila Luzon & Delta Work

324cdbe735046e8612ce0cbf401770c3.gif Mhou.gif 

Don't Leave Me This Way - India Ferrah & Mimi Imfurst

source.gif tumblr_ll56zaqsr01qhxckbo1_400.gif

Hey MickeyCarmen Carrera & Yara Sofia

tumblr_inline_pbs9qcRUIV1qi272h_500.gif 

I Think About You - Alexis Mateo & Yara Sofia

STAY TUNED FOR PART 2 (SEASON 4, AS1, SEASON 5)

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2

Love it, Chris! :wub: Season 3 still remains as one of the best seasons! Also, the only season deserving of a double crowning! DON'T @ ME!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vee_ said:

Love it, Chris! :wub: Season 3 still remains as one of the best seasons! Also, the only season deserving of a double crowning! DON'T @ ME!

A Sasha & Shea double crowning would’ve been perfect for S9’s storyline. 😘

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Just read your "A Series Of Unfortunate Event" write-up, @miss denise! Very detailed and loved reading it - although not a show that I interest in but maybe I will eventually watch it if I run out of shows :haha:

Thank you! Everyone saying it doesn't interest them. :broken: 😢 I really think it's something a lot of people would enjoy. Hopefully you do check it out sometime! 

2 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Agreed! S3 is up there for me - I could have put more runway looks but was limited with what I could find :haha:

But such a good season, esp that top 2! Even though I love that Top 4 :wub:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

It would've been if only they weren't paired together in the LSFYL 😶

Just now, vee_ said:

It would've been if only they weren't paired together in the LSFYL 😶

I don’t wanna talk about it. :broken: 

• Like 1

Not going to lie - rewatching S9 and doing the writeup made me realize how much I like Shea! So I would have been fine with that outcome 

54 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I hope you will like mine. :’( Gah just realized i got another one to do. :lmao: 

You’re welcome. :hug: Oooh I’m sure i heard of it but I can’t really recall? Ooh wow, you think soo? Maybe I would, hmmm. I did like what I saw from NPH as it’s sooo different from him. Also forgot to say, super surprised ASOUE outlasted How I Met your Mother here haha. Ooh ahhh ok i see - yeah it’s not an obvious kind of comedy but hmm dark comedy. I heard of this genre but it’s interesting. Ooh yea I know you did, haha. Some of it I didn’t get. :ph34r: But this last sentence makes sense.

LMAOOO omgg wow. That always cracks me up when characters are like that in shows. :lmao: You’re welcome!

I know I will! I should read it a little later tonight. ❤️ So do I! 

I'm sure of that much since I thought you knew I watched it, but I thought you heard more about it too. Yes, I do. :wub: It's awesome! Oh, well I don't know what to say about that. 😛 But I know the ending of that show was not well received at all. Yes.  Oh? I thought they made sense. 😢 But you'd get it if you watched. ❤️ 

lol. Count Olaf would show up in the millions of disguises and the adults were just clueless. :wub: So funny. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Agreed! S3 is up there for me - I could have put more runway looks but was limited with what I could find :haha:

But such a good season, esp that top 2! Even though I love that Top 4 :wub:

Top 4 is iconic! :wub: And the Heathers vs. Boogers :wub: Heathers winning in the end in in the top 2!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Not going to lie - rewatching S9 and doing the writeup made me realize how much I like Shea! So I would have been fine with that outcome 

season 9 shea coulee GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thank you! Everyone saying it doesn't interest them. :broken: 😢 I really think it's something a lot of people would enjoy. Hopefully you do check it out sometime! 

Wasn’t too fond of the movie or series hence I don’t think I would like it :ph34rwave:

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I don’t wanna talk about it. :broken: 

HappyWellmadeDorking-small.gif

• Like 1

Ugh more Yarlexis fans. 

I'm team Heathers but Yara and Alexis contributed too in S3 being iconic!

Alexis' patriotic video :dead:

Yara's Amy Winehouse snatch game :dead:

• Like 1

Just now, vee_ said:

I'm team Heathers but Yara and Alexis contributed too in S3 being iconic!

Alexis' patriotic video :dead:

Yara's Amy Winehouse snatch game :dead:

Hated both of those things.

also hasn’t like everyone from that season confirmed Alexis’s military boyfriend was just something she made up to try and get a win? :haha: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ugh more Yarlexis fans. 

I always thought being fan of Yarlexis was an unpopular opinion? :haha:

I much prefer them on S3 than AS1. 

• Haha 1

Hated both of those things.

also hasn’t like everyone from that season confirmed Alexis’s military boyfriend was just something she made up to try and get a win? :haha: 

Still iconic!

🤯 WAIT WHAT?! kimoraandderrick.gif I didn't know this...

ALSO, HAVE U LISTENED TO LM'S NEW SONG?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I always thought being fan of Yarlexis was an unpopular opinion? :haha:

I much prefer them on S3 than AS1. 

Yeah, the Heathers were the more loved ones.

Me too for obvious reasons :haha:

1 minute ago, vee_ said:

ALSO, HAVE U LISTENED TO LM'S NEW SONG?!

That video isn't available for me. :(

But great tribute to Looking! I'll have to check it out and perhaps I'll love it like I did Larias and Bruno/Pol. :giggle: 

• Like 1