idolforums.com
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

43 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I feel really bad for people like Elliott, who would have more of that pressure on him to do 3 write-ups in a short amount of time in order to get to the next round. :haha:

I’m last?

and my Wikipedia paraphrased write-ups take like 3 minutes to do. 

so you are saying I can drag Las chicas del cable till the Top 50? 😍

Ugh obscure shows are in danger this cycle 😢

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

CYCLE 8
0PliuDl.gif

After a bloodbath cycle that eliminated 210 television shows, some of you rankers should be happy to know that you'll be able to protect your favorite show for the duration of this entire cycle. The most popular shows will remain in the game whereas the least popular will be eliminated. Here's how it will work:

The rules are simple. At the beginning of each round, one ranker will nominate 17 shows for elimination. The other fourteen rankers will each pick one show to save from elimination at a first come, first serve basis. The three shows not chosen to be saved will be eliminated from the game.

Nominators have 24 hours to post their nominations. However, RANKERS HAVE A 15 HOUR DEADLINE TO POST THEIR SAVES! Since you all won't have to do write-ups when posting your decisions, the time limit is shorter to help make the cycle go by faster. If you miss the deadline without letting me know why you won't be able to make a decision within the time limit, then a randomizer will decide the rest of the results. In addition, a new round can start immediately after one round ends. There's no need to wait for the write-ups, but I do hope nominators will post write-ups as soon as possible.

No shows have immunity. In addition, shows are allowed to be nominated in back-to-back rounds for the duration of the rankdown. So theoretically, there could be some television shows that are nominated in every round of this cycle. The nominator is responsible for the write-ups of the eliminated shows, but other rankers can step in and volunteer to do write-ups if they wish.

NOMINATION ORDER

SD8Yuhu.png

The randomizer decided that Tom is nominating first. Then it'll be Denise's turn, then Alex's turn, and so on and so forth until Elliott closes out the cycle. 

By the end of this cycle, 45 shows will be eliminated and we will be down to our Top 50.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Good luck to your favorites!

Bringing this to the new page. 🧙‍♂️

@~Tom~ is the first to nominate.

17 minutes ago, NGM said:

so you are saying I can drag Las chicas del cable till the Top 50? 😍

Yup and Wally can drag the Jersey Shore to the top 50 as well. :dead:

Im 13th again :dead:

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I’m last?

and my Wikipedia paraphrased write-ups take like 3 minutes to do. 

Yep.

Oooh well that works for you. :haha: It takes me a reallyy long time to do my write-ups, as I write the content, add pics, gifs and videos. :lmao: 

18 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yup and Wally can drag the Jersey Shore to the top 50 as well. :dead:

lol. :haha: 

10 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Im 13th again :dead:

:dead: 

IN MEMORIAM

giphy.gif

Dexter

giphy.gif

Shameless (US)

giphy.gif

The Good Wife

giphy.gif

Chernobyl

giphy.gif

Dear White People

giphy.gif

Jessica Jones

giphy.gif

Daredevil

giphy.gif

The Killing

• Like 1

@Alex95 I’ve been watching clips of Nathan For You after reading your write-up. That show is hilarious. :rofl:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

@Alex95 I’ve been watching clips of Nathan For You after reading your write-up. That show is hilarious. :rofl:

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

15 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

:lmao:at how the realtor tells the potential buyer about the ghosts in the house.

5 minutes ago, .Rei said:

@vee_ just finished watching the third season of Elite :wub:

I will watch it soon but I am delaying it because Polo... 😢 😭

Been a very busy weekend, but I'll try and get them up tonight. Any special requests reach out, though everyone does have a save. :haha: 

Honorary Write Up for Jessica Jones 

trish walker GIF

jessica jones GIF

trish walker GIF

This won't be a novel like some write ups, but I have to give this show something. To anybody paying attention to the actors (where I saved Krysten Ritter a few times), Marvel (where I gave the character immunity) or this rankdown (me giving this show immunity), you would know I really like this show. This show is perfect for depiction vs endorsement. The main character, Jessica Jones, is a mostly functioning alcoholic. It not played for laughs. It is not a cute little character trait. It is because of various circumstances. The main villian during Season 1, Killgrave (and yes, they did mock the name) forced people to do whatever he wanted. If he said something to you, you just do it. There is no choice. They played with the idea that it could be used for good. They even played with the idea of he does not have any normal conversation. He always has to watch what he says and how he says it. Despite all this, he is mostly just a terrible human being with it. He forces women into a "relationship." He rapes them. Yes, the show does not hide away from calling it rape. The first season has a very strong theme of women being told they need to smile. I guess for some women are only around to look aesthetically pleasing. 

I need to get into the most infuriating and yet fascinating character Trish. In season 1, she is a do gooder. She might be a little aggressive in getting what she wants, but she always had good intentions. With having a super powered sister, she always had this helpless feeling. (that's in addition to being a recovering drug addict and having an abusive mother.) You just see the signs of what she will eventually become in Season 3. It is all there. It is more obvious in Season 2. A bunch of circumstances come together for her to completely lose control. In season 2, all she does is make absolutely terrible choices. You can make an argument that she is not likeable. Not every character exists to be liked, but that is not the point. She is under absolutely no circumstance, boring. 

I guess I should talk about characters besides Jessica, Trish and Killgrave. Malcom, much like Trish, makes a lot of bad decisions. Luke Cage got his start on this show before moving onto his own. (such a shame the writing for him and Jessica was awful because the actors worked damn well together).  Sampson was the worst. Luckily he didn't have a large role after season 1. Jeri Hogarth is such a delightfully self serving terrible human being. They don't move away from that at all. Too bad Disney and Netflix are selfish, because this show could have done so much more. 

• Like 3

It's been 24 hours since the cycle details were posted, but I won't randomize nominations since Tom did let us know he's had a busy weekend. Hopefully nominations will be posted soon though. 😬

9 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

It's been 24 hours since the cycle details were posted, but I won't randomize nominations since Tom did let us know he's had a busy weekend. Hopefully nominations will be posted soon though. 😬

Yep I've been busy with a move, thanks. Working on them though! 

So this round I've decided to do what I first saw in the Idol rankdown, and give each ranker an easy save while (hopefully) getting a few shows gone that I'd rather see the back of. Hopefully this goes well and the other rankers follow suit. 

Good luck, and don't f*ck it up. 😮 

The OC

The Good Place

Black-ish
Bron/Broen
Game of Thrones
Las chicas del cable
Mad Men
Pose
Pretty Little Liars
South of Nowhere
Survivor