Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Chobits

Chobits_box.jpg

plum GIF

Chobits is an anime series based on the manga of the same name that aired in the year 2002 from April to September. The manga was adapted in 26 episodes anime series that is the one I'm cutting now. The plot of the series follows the story of Hideki Motosuwa, a 19 year old guy that finds an abandoned persocom (Personal Computer) with human form which he name Chi after the only sound it was able to make at first. Throughout the course of the series, the mystery surrounding Chi's existence is explored as well as the relationship between human beings and computers. The reception of the series was mixed with criticism going to the description of the persocom as being to obedient and perfect, whatever that means. This plot doesn't look too appealing to me but I guess is good cause most anime are. 

Saving Daredevil 

season 1 daredevil GIF

Just now, *Wallace said:

Not here for the Fifth Harmony shade but I APPROVE of your Little Mix praise. :wub: 

Notice how I didn't mention Fifth Harmony at all, but you just naturally went there with the comment about a group not being able to sing or dance in harmony.

Just now, miss denise said:

Which is more okay to cut - Skins (UK) or The Morning Show?  Everything else left I've been asked to keep safe. :unsure: 

Both should not be cut.... The Morning Show is incredible! 

Just now, Elliott said:

Notice how I didn't mention Fifth Harmony at all, but you just naturally went there with the comment about a group not being able to sing or dance in harmony.

Or be friends at all.

2 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Which is more okay to cut - Skins (UK) or The Morning Show?  Everything else left I've been asked to keep safe. :unsure: 

Neither but I guess cut Skins

Edited by Elliott

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Skins would be my choice to cut but I know there's fan of it.

But The Morning Show is in another league. 

RT. (!)

I'm a fan of both shows but I think TMS is the superior show.

Edited by Elliott

Years and Years

Years_and_Years.jpg

42e7508bfe3ab03a2c913b41f6e785bb61b7ff5f

I’m hoping this is a fine cut at this point and I think it is as I don’t really see anyone asking for a change. I can’t recall if I ever Years and Years but i am ready to learn about it. This show also makes me think of that music group that I think Tom likes? Or maybe someone else. :haha: And the lady in the above gif seems iconic.

Years and Years is a science fiction, dystopian fiction British television drama, which was created by Russell T Davies. aired for only one season with 6 episodes from May 14 through June 18, 2019 on BBC One in the UK. It also aired on HBO in the U.S. Ooh i see it’s a six-part series, so a mini-series and not meant to be ongoing. But still impressive making it this far. Years and Years stars Emma Thompson, Rory Kinnear, Russell Tovey, T’Nia Miller, Jessica Hynes, Ruth Madeley and more. The only name i really recognize is Emma Thompson

The lead character, Vivienne Rock is an outspoken celebrity business woman who changes her career to become a political figure although her transiting into politics isn’t so smooth sailing, as her opinions and politics divide the nation. Sounds like anyone going into politics pretty much. The series also follows the lives of the Lyons family - including married couple Daniel Lyons (a housing officer - and brother to Stephen and Edith) and Ralph Cousins (who is a primary school teacher), another married couple Stephen Lyons & Celeste Bisme-Lyons and their kids, Rosie Lyons who is the youngest of the Lyons and has spin bifida and is a single mother of two and Edith Lyons who is a political activist.

The show sound interesting, so I’ll provide a video.

Saving: Good Girls

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Elliott said:

What was the series that L*uisa won? :unsure: 

JK. It's been pretty much a sh*tshow since like series 9. How else do you explain Jahmene and Christopher Maloney in the top three? 🤮

:ermm:  

Yeah Series 9 was a super low point. :dead: I liked Jahmene but Christopher being Top 3 was #yikes. I do think Series 11 and 12 were fairly strong and I loved those series' though. 

24 minutes ago, vee_ said:

It was still considered to be released by Syco Music.

The album is the group's last to be released under Syco Music,[11] following the group's split with the label several days prior to the album's release

basically syco didnt give a flying fck about promo and all for the album 

Oooh eeeks at this. The promo seem and felt so different and not as cared for as their other eras. :( 

Skins (UK)

HHSbe6C.jpg?1

I'm sorry to the fans of this show, but there are fans of everything left, and this is the only one I did not get a save request for. :(  Sadly, more shows from the remaining nominations are still going to go, but I did my best to honor everyone's preferences in my own cut choice... which is only going to get harder. 

Skins is a British teen comedy-drama series that follows a group of teenagers living in Bristol, South West England through their two years of sixth form, which are the last two years of secondary education.  It explores issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, bullying, sexuality, teen pregnancy, dysfunction families, death, and more. Each episode is named after a specific character and focuses on their particular struggles in life. Every two years, the primary cast of the show would be replaced as they graduated school. It looks like the characters are broken down into First Generation, Second Generation, and Third Generation. The seventh and final season, however,  featured some of the original cast from the first couple years. 

Skins premiered in 2007 on E4 in the United Kingdom, and ran for 7 seasons and 61 episodes. It was a critical success and had great ratings. There was an American version of the show that aired on MTV for one season, but that one received low ratings and apparently some controversy. The original UK version does sound good and interesting, and I think it's something I could enjoy. I didn't want to make this cut, but options are really limited, so I hope it's understood. :( 

Saving: Shark Tank

200.webp?cid=790b761139e37009726639606b5

7 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I saw it 😕

but I think that’s like the only route they could have taken with the story so I’m not too bothered about it 

I wanted Polo to get away with murder 😢

2 minutes ago, miss denise said:

There was an American version of the show that aired on MTV for one season, but that one received low ratings and apparently some controversy

It was the worst remake of a show I've ever seen, probably. They basically just copied the scripts from the UK show without changing much of the references and whatnot. Not to mention when they turned the androgynous gay character from the UK show into an attractive lesbian so they could use her character's relationships for marketing~.

@*Diana you nominated 29 shows instead of just 28.

What do you all prefer? A round reset or the unclaimed show is neither saved nor cut and can be nominated next round.

ETA: Actually, I’m just choosing the second option. I don’t want to have to edit everything on the first page again.

Edited by Steven_
  • Like 1