Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Flavor of Love

Flavgirls_2.jpg

This is a reality tv show that starred Flava Flav as he tried to find love, not once or twice, but thrice.  The contestants on this show were pretty trashy, and he gave each of them a nickname based on a characteristic he identified in each of them.  Many of thee ladies went on to compete in the I Love Money reality tv series, which I have heard is much more interesting.  Anyway the note-worthy contestant from this series is Tiffany Pollard, who has done well for herself on the reality season.  She was dubbed New York by Flav and was runner up in the first season.  After being devastated she crashed season 2 and came in second again.  Failing to land her man twice she had her own series called I Love New York.  This gave Tiffany Pollard two additional chances at love.  Anyway, outside of his bad grill and ugly clock around his neck, this show was all drama about women wanting to get in Flav's pants.  How it got this far, I will never know, but at least I have the pleasure of eliminating it.

Save: Xena: Warrior Princess

JEOPARDY!

the jeopardy you know GIF by Jeopardy!

Jeopardy! is a long running game show that has been hosted by Alex Trebek since 1984, making his run as a host truly a part of all of our lives since not even Wally was born when he began his tenure. As we all know, Jeopardy! is a quiz show centred around ten topics, with certain questions being a "double Jeopardy!" that allow the contestants to wager up to all of their money. There is also the final Jeopardy! question which allows all three contestants to try and wager as much money as they have to try and win. I also think the show recently achieved a viewership high when they had Ken Jennings, James Hotlzhauher and Brad Rutter compete to really see who is the best of all time. Ken Jennings naturally won after a good fight from James, while Brad helped circulate oxygen, I guess? Alex Trebek also announced last year that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, but his prognosis hasn't gotten any worse and he's caught it early enough, so naturally wishing all of the best for him. ❤️ I like Jeopardy and watch it when it's on, but this is purely pettiness for the SpongeBob cut. 😘

SAVE: Freaks & Geeks

Also since my round is next.  I will honor a couple of safety requests from each person.  Don't go crazy theres 14 of you. (Cough Wally)  You can start sending them any time.  

Edited by Solaris

The X Factor UK

the_x_factor_sr14.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

I feel bad for cutting a big singing show on an Idol website, but Elliott would’ve cut it anyway so it was getting cut the cycle no matter what lol. X Factor has aired in the UK for 15 series’. I’m surprised it’s still around. It’s your average singing show. People sing and fans vote. What makes this different is that they’re in “teams” that the judges mentor based on categories. Like groups, men, women, old people, etc. The Voice kinda copied them there except they don’t have categories. I know of Leona Lewis, One Direction, and James Arthur to come from that show. Otherwise don’t really know anyone I don’t think unless I looked closer. I’m sure I would’ve liked it well enough if I watched it years ago at the height of my Idol fandom, but I’m beyond over singing shows at this point so there’s a 0% chance I would ever check it out now.

Save The Leftovers

Edited by Alex95

Ozark_TV_series_logo.png
OZARK

This show is a crime drama web television from Netflix. Jason Bateman is the leading character of the series. It currently has two seasons and the third will air this month. Bateman plays a character named Marty Byrde and has a wife named Wendy. Laura Linney plays her and she's a public relations consultant on political campaigns but she becames a housewife when they moved to Ozarks.

The reason they relocate is because of a failed money laundering scheme. To make amends with the Mecican cartel he deslt with, Martu needs to set up an even bigger scheme in Ozarks. Unfortunately, or fortunately? I never watched the show, when they moved, the get entangled with the local criminals.

Not my cup of tea but it has a good rating in RT and Metacritic. I saw it got nominated quite a lot and did win some like the Emmys. I'm losing so much favourite shows this round so I am not that sorry for those who like this show.

SAVING: JERSEY SHORE

Feud: Bette and Joan

250px-Feud_(Season_1)_-_Bette_and_Joan.p

Feud is an American television miniseries that was created by Ryan Murphy (doesn't Alex like cutting shows that he was involved in creating?) , Jaffe Cohen, and Michael Zam. Its only season, which involved the feuding of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, premiered on FX on March 5, 2017. It was initially conceived as an anthology series but it only had one season that comprised of eight episodes that surveyed the well-documented rivalry between Hollywood legends Bette Davis and Joan Crawford during and after the production of psychological horror thriller film What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?  that they worked on together in 1962. It was received positively, with its only controversy being Olivia de Havilland suing them for using her likeness without permission. People are so sue-happy these days. It might be an entertaining show but I have never seen it and it's only a one-season miniseries so out it goes; I think it's a fair cut at this stage.

Saving: Bleach

Edited by ~Tom~