idolforums.com
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

Grey’s Anatomy

*pic later*

An easy frontrunner for shows that just need to f*cking end already. Plus it never was that good? Not saying that the first few seasons weren’t decent, but when you are running for (checks number) 16 seasons, you are bound to drop the ball in narrative, plot, character development.... I would like to start a petition to make all shows end after like, 6th or 7th season? Would save everyone time, and shows like this would at least go out with a little more dignity. Anyway, bye!

Save: Mrs Maisel

American Idol
Fosse/Verdon
RuPaul's Drag Race 
Queer Eye
So You Think You Can Dance
Desperate Housewives

@aliasocfan

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Save Drag Race

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Cut Desperate Housewives

source.gif

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Save Drag Race

Cut Desperate Housewives

refresh cuz I fell asleep

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

Save Idol, cut Fosse/Verdon

Control freak Chris requests to do the write up. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10680899 

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

desperate housewives abc GIF by HULU

I remember really liking the first season of Desperate Housewives back when it aired like 15 years ago. I kind of stayed up with the show following that, but I think I stopped watching officially when they did that five-year time jump or whatever it was. idk. The show stars Eva Longoria, Teri Hatcher, Nicolette Sheridan, Marcia Cross and Brenda Strong (not Song) as the narrator. In later seasons, additional cast members joined for one season (such as icon Alfie Woodard) or to stick around for the end of the show. The show primarily takes place on Wisteria Lane, a street where weird things frequently occur. Looking at the plot summary and character list, I'm pretty sure Andrew Van Camp was my favourite character because he was the petty gay teenager so naturally I gravitated towards him. :giggle: It lasted for eight seasons and had 180 episodes, officially breaking Charm's record of 178 episodes as the longest-running hour-long drama series featuring all-female leads. Work bitch.

Oh, right. Felicity Huffman was also a lead on this show, so do with that what you will. 👼

SAVE: RuPaul's Drag Race

Edited by Elliott

^^ Loved Desperate Housewives - was rooting for it to be saved. May do a quick tribute of it ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

^^ Loved Desperate Housewives - was rooting for it to be saved. May do a quick tribute of it ❤️ 

Yeah, my cut wasn't because I disliked it or anything. I actually really liked it back in the day even if I kind of stopped watching mid-way through. But there were only a few shows I was familiar with so just decided to cut one I could do a quick write-up on. :haha: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Yeah, my cut wasn't because I disliked it or anything. I actually really liked it back in the day even if I kind of stopped watching mid-way through. But there were only a few shows I was familiar with so just decided to cut one I could do a quick write-up on. :haha: 

Fair enough - I figured that much. There's quite a few shows that I liked that were nominated esp. out of the last 6 remaining ones 

I did momentarily consider cutting SYTYCD so I could drag Nigel Lythgoe but I'll hold off on it for now. :haha: 

• Like 1

Just now, .Rei said:

what's left?

Queer Eye vs. SYTYCD

Mad at Felicity Huffman for her criminal activity mostly because it'll probably taint the chances of a Desperate Housewives reunion (which you can't do without Lynette :broken:). Also the entire cast hating Teri Hatcher is iconic tbh (once again you can't do the reunion without Susan, and Edie definitely isn't coming back so I guess my dreams remain crushed).

• Like 1

1280px-Fosse-Verdon-Logo.svg.png 

source.gif giphy.gif

On behalf of Anne, I am doing the write-up for Fosse/Verdon as I absolutely love the show but I was being pragmatic about it livelihood in the rankdown - I doubt that Rei would have saved it hence why I am doing the write-up for it. So let's get into this show, shall we? Fosse/Verdon is a biographical mini-series which aired on FX for 8 episodes in 2018. 

The mini-series is about Bob Fosse, best known for his work as a choreographer on many hit musicals such as Damn Yankees, Sweet Charity, Pippin, Chicago - he is also known for his work as a director on some of those musicals including some movies such as Sweet Charity, Cabaret, and All That Jazz. It also follows his relationship with his partner in crime and leading lady, Gwen Verdon who is best known for her role as  triple threat actress on Broadway in musical such as Can-Can, Damn Yankess, New Girl in Town, Sweet Charity, Chicago, and Redhead.  In the show,  Bob Fosse is portrayed by Sam Rockwell while Michelle Williams portrays Gwen Verdon - both were stellar in the role and really complimented each other, but Michelle Williams really stole the spotlight and showed why she is one of the best in the spotlight. And for her role, she won the Emmy Award/Golden Globe/SAG for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie where she gave excellent speech after excellent speech,  where she knows how to command the stage by simply giving a speech. 

Essentially, the series focuses on the romance and the creative partnership between Gwen Verdon & Bob Fosse hence the name of the mini-series.  Why did do a show about them? Essentially, they are seen as having changed the American entertainment industry - Bob Fosse's managed to create some iconic moves in dance.  The show focuses on their personal relationships notably the struggle of power & status, and still pushing through to leave an impact on the industry despite their personal problems... The show also takes a look at almost every shows they were involved as well as some of the actresses/actors/direcotrs/dancers - some of the one being portrayed in the series includes Liza Minelli (Cabaret), Joel Grey (Cabaret), Chita Rivera (Chicago),  Shirley MacLaine (Sweet Charity), Debbie Allen, and Ann Reinkin (Cabaret) also known as one of Bob Fosse's muse.

Overall, the series was brilliantly made. It was critically acclaimed by many, and loved by many musical fans such as myself - I really enjoyed how each episode focused on a different musical of theirs. And the finale? It was heartbreaking, but a perfect ending to their life story. And the success of the series can certainly be attributed to the participation of their daughter, Nicole Fosse, as co-executive producer, of the mini-series.

ANNE SAVED: AMERICAN IDOL

Edited by *Chris

Low key sad about SYTYCD but only for my never ending need to protect/stan Kayla :giggle:

20 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Mad at Felicity Huffman for her criminal activity mostly because it'll probably taint the chances of a Desperate Housewives reunion (which you can't do without Lynette :broken:). Also the entire cast hating Teri Hatcher is iconic tbh (once again you can't do the reunion without Susan, and Edie definitely isn't coming back so I guess my dreams remain crushed).

ugh, Nicolette Sheridan was done so dirty on the show. 🙄 Though Felicity was the one who was taking responsibility for the bribery and took the plea bargain (RIP Lori Laughlin's reputation), so she's coming out of this ordeal looking good to the public. :rofl: 

• Like 1

Just now, Elliott said:

ugh, Nicolette Sheridan was done so dirty on the show. 🙄 Though Felicity was the one who was taking responsibility for the bribery and took the plea bargain (RIP Lori Laughlin's reputation), so she's coming out of this ordeal looking good to the public. :rofl: 

Yeah the one thing that taints DH for me is knowing how shi**y the showrunner treated Nicollette... I actually forgot how bad it was until reading about it now. 😢

Lol yes that's true, I do think Felicity seemed genuinely apologetic about it all and acted the right way afterwards. Lori has done the complete opposite :dead:

A show involving dancing, musicals and romance? Thank u, next. :giggle:

Jk great write up Chris! Michelle's speech was good. 

Did y'all see that apparently the reason that Disney+ put the Lizzie McGuire on hiatus for not being "family friendly" enough is because Lizzie's best friends in the show were a gay couple? Now queen Hillary Duff is calling out Disney on social media and it's glorious. ❤️ 

Just now, *Lily said:

Yeah the one thing that taints DH for me is knowing how shi**y the showrunner treated Nicollette... I actually forgot how bad it was until reading about it now. 😢

Lol yes that's true, I do think Felicity seemed genuinely apologetic about it all and acted the right way afterwards. Lori has done the complete opposite :dead:

My conspiracy theory is that he treated her so dirty because she was constantly calling out his political views.

Felicity's PR team after this is all done and she still looks good to the public:

make it rain money GIF