Television Shows Rankdown

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

It did provide us with some iconic gifs & quotes;

giphy.gif 

source.gif

giphy.gif

QFwL.gif

50beec5e478660177098ac831b3991f6.gif

I will give you that, it looks like its one of Annes sources for all things Emma.

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

I wonder if Ryan Murphy will ever write a role for Emma Roberts that isn't the token bitchy character? :unsure: 

She probably doesn’t have the acting chops to do anything else lol

Just now, Elliott said:

I wonder if Ryan Murphy will ever write a role for Emma Roberts that isn't the token bitchy character? :unsure: 

*When you realize Emma's character is bitchy, once again*

giphy.gif tenor.gif 

Just now, Alex95 said:

She probably doesn’t have the acting chops to do anything else lol

:dead: 

I guess her AHS: 1984 character was supposed to be a change of pace for her. Billie Lourd played the bitchy girl soooo much better, though.

26 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Saving shameless 

cut ugly Betty 

refresh

15 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Save Jeopardy

Cut Scream 

Actually, cut Charm School instead

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

Actually, cut Charm School instead

#JusticeForBayBayBayInS3

Remaining:

Angel*

Bates Motel

Catherine the Great*

Charm School*

Felicity

Good Omens

Jeopardy!*

Merlin

On My Block

One Day At A Time

Outlander

Penny Dreadful

Scream

Shameless (US)*

Shark Tank

The Good Fight

The Simple Life

This Is Us

Ugly Betty*

Wheel of Fortune

* Claimed, but no write-up yet.

The Good Fight 

Season 2 Show GIF by CBS All Access

I have been dying to cut these shows for a while now. Finally, after many attempts, it is finally happening. Bless for that. 

Every other part of your nominations is noted and how dare you. 

Anyway. This show is a spin off of the show The Good Wife. Another show that I am dying to cut. That will come soon enough. I am rushing this write up at work so I will clean it up later. 

It premeried in 2017. It has had 3 seasons. Somehow it has good reviews. Have absolutely no idea how. 

This show follows Diane Lockhart. A character I did not like from the Good Wife. Apparently she loses her job. Oh, her goddaughter is Rose Leslie. Good actress. Not enough reason for me to suffer through more of that writing. 

Saving Outlander

Edited by aliasocfan

Ugly Betty

Ugly_Betty_intertitle.png

ugly betty GIF

Ugly Betty is a show I know of but like many others, I've never watched before. Ugly Betty starts America Ferrera as Betty, a 22-year-old Mexican American woman that despite her lack of taste and style lands a job at a prestigious fashion magazine called Mode. The show was a comedy that aired for four seasons and featured some other actors like Eric Mabius, Vanessa Williams, Tony Plana, Ana Ortiz, Becki Newton, Michael Urie, Mark Indelicato, Ashley Jensen, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Dale, Kevin Sussman, Judith Light, Christopher Gorman and Daniel Eric Gold. The show received great reviews during its run and won a ton of awards like the SAG, Emmys and Golden Globes. Even if I never watched the show I'm kinda familiar with the premise since Ugly Betty is based in the Colombian telenovela  Yo soy Betty, la Fea which is extremely famous in the whole latin community and spawned many other versions in various latin countries. 

betty la fea feliz GIFbetty la fea GIF giphy.mp4

Yo soy Betty, la Fea is pretty iconic and I doubt Ugly Betty was as good as that but maybe it was, who knows? Anyway, sorry to any fans out there but its time for American Betty to leave this rankdown.

Saving Shameless US 

Episode 2 Showtime GIF by Shameless

Edited by .Rei

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

The Good Fight 

I have been dying to cut these shows for a while now. Finally, after many attempts, it is finally happening. Bless for that. 

Anyway. This show is a spin off of the show The Good Wife. Another show that I am dying to cut. That will come soon enough. I am rushing this write up at work so I will clean it up later. 

It premeried in 2017. It has had 3 seasons. Somehow it has good reviews. Have absolutely no idea how. 

Saving Outlander

maybe cause it's actually one of the best shows out there at the moment 🙂

giphy.gif 

I really enjoyed Ugly Betty when it was on the air; my favourite character was Wilhelmina, Amanda, and Marc. 

5 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

You didn't send me any safety requests, and it's no secret I've been using Randomizer for my noms this whole game.

Me seeing US Shameless get saved again despite how dirty they did Emmy Rossum:

happy endings penny GIF

• Like 1

Charm School

FOLCharmcast.jpg

Some of these nominations. 🙂 Including one of my safety requests on it, not pleased. Anyway, I was going to cut Scream but why cut your own low hanging fruit when things like Charm School are also on the list? Anyway I know vaguely of Charm School, it's a reality show whose premise for its contestants is to develop proper etiquette.It is a spin-off of Flavor of Love and featured contestants from Rock of Love in its latter two seasons.  It's been hosted by Mo'Nique, Sharon Osbourne (iconic) and Ricki-Lake, but it's only lasted three seasons and definitely feel like fodder at this point. A very generous spot for Charm School, so goodbye from this rankdown. 

Saving: Jeopardy

Edited by ~Tom~

Catherine the Great

Helen Mirren Attitude GIF by HBO

Choosing to cut this show as it is one of the only ones left on the list that I have either no attachment to, or that I haven't received a specific save request for... I was going to cut Wheel of Fortune since I've been mostly eliminating game shows at this point, but it and Jeopardy are both such iconic game shows so I think they deserve to make it longer in the game. Hopefully no one was super-attached to this show, but as we're getting down more and more there really are no more easy cuts that will upset no one.

On to the show (which sadly I haven't seen)! Catherine the Great was a miniseries that aired pretty recently (October 2019) on Sky Atlantic in the UK and HBO in the US. It was a four episode miniseries that stars Helen Mirren and tells the story of Catherine, starting in the 1760s after she's taken over the Russian throne (after overthrowing her husband) and spanning the time until her death in 1796. It details some of the challenges she faces from opposing forces. Wikipedia really doesn't give me much here by way of plot so I'm going to be pretty vague. It also appears to tell a love story between Empress Catherine and Grigory Potemkin (who served as a military commander). Unsurprisingly, reviews are all extremely favorable for Helen's performance and also the beautiful sets and costuming throughout the production. I also found a lot of positive things said about the performance of Gina McKee, who plays Countess Bruce who was one of Catherine's close friends and confidants. I did see criticisms in the reviews that I search which stated that the chemistry between Mirren and Jason Clarke (who played Potemkin) was a little lacking considering the amount of focus placed on their love story. Overall, this sounds like a well done period piece, but not one of the best ones on our list of shows.

Saving: Angel

tumblr_n8ghe5NK1P1qkdnqmo2_400.gif

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~

Ughh darn.... missed this page and now my stuff is invalid. What's all that is left? I think most of the stuff I wanted to save got saved or cut? :lmao: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ughh darn.... missed this page and now my stuff is invalid. What's all that is left? I think most of the stuff I wanted to save got saved or cut? :lmao: 

Save Wheel or Merlin if you don't care about anything left. 😄

9 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Save Wheel or Merlin if you don't care about anything left. 😄

Oooh shoot, I was considering Shark Tank and Wheel too, but went with Shark. Hmm, gotta think about this. :haha: 

Remaining:

Bates Motel

Felicity

Good Omens

Merlin

On My Block

One Day At A Time

Penny Dreadful*

Scream

Shark Tank*

The Simple Life*

This Is Us*