idolforums.com
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Hollywood Game Night

giphy.gif

Since Nico is giving away his cut/save I messaged Steven if it would be valid if I took it before the 24 hour mark and he said he was fine.

Ahhhh ok, this was what I was wondering if it was okay or not to do - or if we had to wait. :haha: Darn I had some ideas of shows to save but oh well, haha.

I do like HGN but that's a fair cut at this point.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I messaged Steven to verify and he gave me the okay.

Ahhh ok, I saw in your write-up. :thumbs:  

Remaining:

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Kenan & Kel

Queer As Folk
The Neighborhood

15 minutes ago, Solaris said:

cut Queer as Folk because Elliott is taking too long to save it 😘 

I agree!

Since elliott will save queer as folk anyway...

Save sabrina

Cut the neighbourhood

*photo soon*

THE NEIGHBORHOOD

I didn't know about this show but looking at some of the casts, I think I might like it. The show follows apparently the nicest guy in the Midwest who moves himself and his family into a neighbourhood in L.A. The neighbourhood is considered to be tough. I'm not sure why but not everyone is appreciative of his extreme niceness to the neighbours. Oh wait, it says they have moved in a predominantly African-American families. I'm not sure it can qualify as tough as all colours can be tough anyway. It stars Cedric the Entertainer, Max Greenfield, and Beth Behrs. I really like Max from New Girl and Beth from 2 Broke Girls so I am thinking about watching this one on my free time. It currently has two seasons with mixed to negative reviews. I don't really care for reviews when I like the actors so I'm still thinking of giving it a try.

SAVING: CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA

I love The Neighborhood, it's cast and find it really hilarious. It's one of my current favorites. I would definitely recommend it and hope you get to watch it. ❤️ I'm sad I couldn't save it this time but pleased with it making this far as I knew it's time was coming.

Although I'm hoping for a Kenan & Kel save (Even though probably doesn't stand much of a chance now).   Do it for the orange soda and Witney, Elliott. 😛 

preparing myself to waking up tomorrow and all of my favorites gone 🙂

10 minutes ago, .Rei said:

preparing myself to waking up tomorrow and all of my favorites gone 🙂

RT

10 hours ago, vee_ said:

Since elliott will save queer as folk anyway...

And I oop...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

save Kenan & Kel

❤️ 

QUEER AS FOLK

queer as folk GIF

I assume this is the US adaption, so that's what I'm going to focus on. 😘 Queer as Folk was a drama series on Showtime, then stylized as SHOTIME, and Showcase that ran for five seasons from 2000 until 2005. It focused on the lives of a group of gay men and their token lesbian friends in Pittsburgh. The show opens up by setting up as Brian and Justin as the main relationship on the show; Brian is a 17-year-old just coming to terms with his sexuality, and Brian is a sociopathic gay bachelor who doesn't want to be normalized. Additional characters are Michael, Brian's best friend since childhood who Idolizes him; Ted, the most serious character of the bunch; Emmitt, the flamboyantly over-the-top friend; Lindsay & Melanie, their lesbian friends who are beginning motherhood after using sperm donated by Brian. Michael gets an HIV-positive interest in the second season, and the third season shows them taking in a runaway teenager who was roped into sex trafficking. Some of the topics frequently touched upon in the show centred primarily around the issues gay people faced in the early 2000s, especially in the Bush-administration. For example, Brian is the result of a hate crime at the end of the S1 finale, and it affects him for the rest of the series. In the final season, the gay club in the city is attacked by bombers and the community must rebuild.

Queer as Folk is an iconic series that visibly helped with representation in the media in the 2000s, and is often remembered fondly. Though it also earned its share of criticism due to its sexual content (which I think is blown out of proportion considering some of the stuff that's aired nowadays), it was an important series for many a gay youth during that time. I hate to see it go, but since y'all wanna keep nominating, I'm at least doing the write-up as a fan.

SAVE: Kenan & Kel

All the write-ups are in, so we’re ready for the random round! I’m not home now, but I still plan to post random noms in three and a half hours. :yes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

All the write-ups are in, so we’re ready for the random round! I’m not home now, but I still plan to post random noms in three and a half hours. :yes:

Have fun y’all 🙂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Gah I'm so scared.

We’re all scared! 

Okay, the 285 shows have been randomized. Somebody say Top 30 or Bottom 30. The first to answer will determine the random noms.

Whichever one has less of my faves! Is that an acceptable answer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1