Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

But she's not a country singer.

He probably would stan Caitlyn Shadbolt, though.  

Also Season 5 was my favourite.

Oooh true. But he likes pop singers too. 

Oooh whoa I totally forgot about her. :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Only the winner with the most iconic underdog run ever. :wub:

:clap: to everything said. 

This deserves to be an honorary write-up, linked next to Diana's. (!)

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

7f5c011fa37c3bc2000b5718fd81c3b4--the-gr

😍

:wub: :wub: 

9 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

She's hot at least. Feel free to link her music in here if you want.

From Samantha Jade (her winning album that was just studio versions of her X Factor performances):

From Nine:

(just ignore Sh*t Bull)

From Best of My Love (her disco tribute/cover album):

Non-album tracks:

• Like 1

Also on the subject of The X Factor Australia, Dami Im flopping worse than Master P on DWTS Australia is just further proof that she robbed Taylor Henderson of his win. Don't @ me, I didn't make the rules.

Edited by Elliott

40 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also on the subject of The X Factor Australia, Dami Im flopping worse than Master P on DWTS Australia is just further proof that she robbed Taylor Henderson of his win. Don't @ me, I didn't make the rules.

Dami Im is NOT Master P levels bad. That's a force. :lmao: You could have said more of a Mischa Barton type

Happy birthday to Chris! :hug: 

Nip/Tuck

giphy.gif

Try this again, since my phone ate the first writeup I just tried to do for this show. I haven't seen much of this show, only scattered episodes here and there, but I've really enjoyed all the ones I've seen. I'm going to do my best to do a good write up for it, but if anyone who is a huge fan of the show wants to add anything feel free! I know I won't do it justice...

The show aired on FX from 2003-2010 and is technically classified as a "medical drama." Honestly, I don't know if it can be contained in that box... While being a medical drama, the show definitely has aspects of comedy, occasionally thriller, and while the medical aspect is the thread that holds everything together the majority of the drama comes from the personal lives of the main characters. The main characters are Sean McNamara and Christian Troy, partners and doctors at the McNamara/Troy plastic surgery center. The men are portrayed as living very different lives. Sean is a family man, dealing with a rocky marriage with his wife Julia as they raise their two children. Christian on the other hand is a playboy who uses his surgical talents and his charms to bed lots of women. Since the show is about a plastic surgery center, many of the episodes focus on a specific patient's surgery. These cases are usually very unique, and the show features pretty graphic depictions of medical procedures.

The show has some pretty crazy villains, and over-arching storylines that go much beyond a typical medical drama. In Season 1, our protagonists face off against a drug lord who blackmails them throughout the season. One of the biggest storylines spans season 2 and 3 and involves a serial rapist/slasher named "The Carver." Christian and Sean begin to do pro-bono work on some of "The Carver's" victims, which leads to them ultimately becoming targets. And I remember watching parts of Season 5 with stalker Colleen Rose and the crazy Build-a-Bear scene!

Basically, the show drifts pretty far from what I imagine real plastic surgeon's lives are like, but it is super enjoyable to watch! At this point I've only seen a handful of episodes (mostly in seasons 1 and 5), but it's definitely a show I would like to try to watch again from the beginning!