idolforums.com
Steven_

Television Shows Rankdown

I'm shocked that Sex and the City is gone this soon and I thought someone would have saved it. 😮 

I will do my save/cut later. please do not cut Please like me 😢

Ooh, “Please Like Me” is one of the shows I really wasn’t familiar with at all but it seems a lot of you guys really like it. What’s it about/when did it air? Now I’m curious about it. 

Castle
Please Like Me
Boston Legal
On My Block
Ex On The Beach (UK)
The Morning Show

@Solaris

Ex on the Beach (UK)

sei_563301.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom

Even before wiki'ing this show, it already sounds like a trash reality tv show.  Turns out I am not far off.  The show has had 10 seasons ranging from 8 to 10 episodes a season, and it started in 2014.  So I guess the premise is they dump a bunch of hot people in a beach somewhere and over the course of the show they are joined one by one by their ex's.  It looks like they can choose to stay on the beach or leave it.  The whole thing sounds stupid, so I have no problem with it leaving.  Sorry to its fans.

Save: Castle

Edited by Solaris

12 hours ago, *Chris said:

38efcf26518b128bdb1960a4f1039515.png

giphy.gif

MythBusters is a show that has been airing on for 17 seasons on Discovery Channel - it started to air in 2003 and it ended in 2018.  The show is known as a science reality program where the hosts - Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman - do different scientific experiments to validate rumors or myths or even entertainment scenes such as movie scenes, internet videos, and new stories.  

I have watched this show in the past, and what they do is pretty cool - probably one of the few show that was able to make science look cool beside Zoom, and Bill Nye. Anyway, I am cutting this show as it doesn't measure up to the remaining shows in the rankdown - is it truly the best show of the past 20 years? I don't think so, and I believe you all think so as no one ever mentioned it being a favourite of theirs.

SAVING: UNSOLVED MYSTERIES

Updated!

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

CATFISH: THE TV SHOW

Alright, nobody said this was taken so I’m proceeding with this cut. I haven’t really seen too much of this show because the few episodes I did see were trash. I grew out of MTV reality a long time ago, so that’s probably a big contributing factor too. The show is basically about people who think they’re dating someone only to find out when they meet them irl that they were being fooled. I found the storylines kind of cringe because they were literally licking like the first photo from Google Images. Also wasn’t there a storyline where someone was being catfished by their cousin or something? Ew David. Okay, that’s 100 words so I’ll get back to this later once I’m done watching Parvati slay.

SAVE: Queer as Folk

That was one of the show I was rooting to be saved; I have this crush on Nev and Max ain't too bad. 

And it's iconic when it gives us scenes like this one;

While the randomizer did most of the work, I directly (or with help of the randomizer) would have put these on the final list:

American Horror Story: 1984

Castle

Catfish: The TV Show

Below Deck

American Dad

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Ex On The Beach (UK)

Sex and the City

if I’m gonna get called out for anything I want it to be intentional 

MAJOR MORNING SHOW SPOILERS IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING but Miss Jen Aniston gives the performance of her life in the entire series season and specifically in this clip

Also I've never thought about Billy Crudup before this series but he can do anything he wants to me

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Also I've never thought about Billy Crudup before this series but he can do anything he wants to me

#mood

But real talk, someone save The Morning Show, please and thank you ❤️

Rei plans on saving Please Like Me, so the other two shows would be cut if both Please Like Me and The Morning Show are saved.

Boston Legal 

bostonlegal.jpg

Kind of surprised this show is leaving this soon. I have only heard positive things about it. It gets cut because no one requested it's safety. For whatever reason, I do not feel like being petty and cutting other safety requests. I am just too nice. 😎

Onto the show itself. On imdb it is rated 8.4/10. Rotten tomatoes gives it an 86% and tv.com gives it an 8.8/10. All very impressive ratings. This show ran for 4 years between 2004 and 2008. It seems to be a direct spin off from The Practice. That is another show I have not seen yet. Oh well. Just from a quick peak on wiki, this show has a very impressive cast. James Spader won a few primetime Emmy Awards for his performance. Makes sense. 

Edited by aliasocfan

cut on my block

save please likeme

On_My_Block_(TV_series).png

ON MY BLOCK

I'm cutting this show because it's the last one with Please Like Me so sorry to anyone who likes this. On My Block is a teen drama show that is on Netflix. I looked at the cast and I don't seem to know anyone. The show is about four teens finding their friendship being tested as they begin their lives in high school. The quartet is bright and street-savy and their journeys contains all the triumph, pain, and newness they experience. The challenges of adolescence and life in their predominantly Hispanic and Black neighbourhood in South Central Los Angeles is also a part of the test in their friendships.  It currently has two seasons now and it has been renewed for a third one. I should give this show a try since I think it's something I would like. Its reviews are amazing and has a approval rating of 95% in Rotten Tomatoes. That is really making me want to watch the show in my down time. Anyway, it has to go because I really want Please Like Me to be saved and I think Rei wants that too. So, goodbye for now! Maybe it'll get bring back for the round where people bring back shows :giggle:

SAVING: PLEASE LIKE ME