Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Who are the nominators with Wally?

ebf758bd470414d3bf8427473b1eebed3ed69120

Me and @Solaris. The three of us collectively decided to use Randomizer after we got removed the shows we cared about in the list. If there were shows y'all didn't want to potentially to be nominated, there was nothing preventing PMs being sent to us.

Bones

fox-CAKY00-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-GB

I must say if we were making cuts and saves based on attractive leads, David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel would be endgamers. But also, this is based on the quality of the television programs and Bones just doesn't measure up to the other shows in this game or the nominees it's up against. Bones lasted for TWLEVE SEASONS WTF?! How does one have enough ideas to write 12 f*cking seasons of the show lmao. It's one of those typical case of the week type shows. Something bad happens and it's up to the FBI or cops or whatever to solve it. The leads are forensic anthropologists so they use bones (as the title suggests) and stuff like that to solve crimes. Oh and one of the characters' names is Bones too, isn't that fun?! Oh no wait, Boreanaz is the FBI agent and Deschanel is the anthropologist. They are not both FBI agents or anthropologists. I believe they fall in love at one point and get together so that's cute I guess. Each episode is mainly different from the last as case of the week shows tend to go. Looks like there's a debate of faith vs. science that's an overarching theme for the show. It seems like a nice, easy to watch show but not really all that iconic or groundbreaking.

Saving The Leftovers, which is both iconic and groundbreaking.

the-black-list-620x348.png

TV-Shows-Like-You-The-Blacklist.gif

I am cutting The Blacklist as it is one of the few shows nominated that I am not attached to nor seen it - I know about it but not enough for me to save it. Anyway, The Blacklist is an American crime drama and it's been airing on NBC since 2013 - it's currently on their 7th season. The show stars James Spadder as the main character, as well as Megan Boone, Diego Klattenhoff, Ryan Eggold and Harry Lennix. What is the show about? The show follows James Spadder's character known as Raymond "Red" Reddington who is a former NAVY turns criminal - he eventually decides to turn himself to the FBI where he is willing to give them information about the biggest crime & criminals in exchange of two things. What are those two things? Receive immunity and getting to work with Megan Boone's character whom is a rookie profiler - he will soon have an interest in her. Anyway, the plot of the show sounds interesting but I feel it could get repetitive after 7 seasons - I may be wrong though considering how James Spadder's acting gets praised, season after season. And again, my apologies to any of its fans if there is any as I thought this was a safe cut since nobody showed interested towards this show, in the past.

SAVING: VICTORIA

Political Animals

political_animals_2277741b.jpg

A lot of the shows that have been nominated I am familiar with and didn't want to cut so I chose to cut the show that I wasn't familiar with so my apologies to its fans. I am going to have to wiki this so also once again my apologies for that as well.  So I found out that it's a 6 episode mini series so I do feel a little less bad about it being cut now. It was created in 2012 and starred Sigourney Weaver who I do like. She played a divorced first lady who ended up being the governor of Illinois. Apparently its loosely based off Hilary Clinton so that's cool I guess. I was born in Illinois and I voted for Hilary last election but neither of those facts are enough to compel to want to change my cut since it was still only a 6 episode mini series after all so out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Good Trouble.

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Political Animals

political_animals_2277741b.jpg

A lot of the shows that have been nominated I am familiar with and didn't want to cut so I chose to cut the show that I wasn't familiar with so my apologies to its fans. I am going to have to wiki this so also once again my apologies for that as well.  So I found out that it's a 6 episode mini series so I do feel a little less bad about it being cut now. It was created in 2012 and starred Sigourney Weaver who I do like. She played a divorced first lady who ended up being the governor of Illinois. Apparently its loosely based off Hilary Clinton so that's cool I guess. I was born in Illinois and I voted for Hilary last election but neither of those facts are enough to compel me to want to change my cut since it was still only a 6 episode mini series after all so out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Good Trouble.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Six episodes and it lasted this long?

Where's @NGM with arsenal of reaction gifs when we need him?

I mean quality over quantity is a thing. I’ll take a well done miniseries over a sh*tty 8 season sitcom any day.

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1

White Collar

e88b1bdefa53295299dc9aea9a734fe9.gif

On one side, props to this list for finally making me care about nominations, on the other side WTF is this trash set??????

Anyway, time to talk about White Collar, a show that I have saved when I didn't give a f*ck, but against some of these shows? Yeah, bye bitch, you are F I L L E R. Ok, onto the show. It's by USA Network, and lasted for 6 seasons, and centers around an FBI agent (played by Tim DeKay) an a con artist (played by Matt Bomer) who acts as a criminal informant. The premise sounds eh, but it had a decent run with six seasons. Critical reception was okay, but nothing outstanding. Time for it to leave (and time for y'all to save Homeland, Sharp Objects and Westworld).

Save: Penny Dreadful
PVUk1.gif

Just now, Alex95 said:

I mean quality over quantity is a thing. I’ll take a well done miniseries over a sh*tty 8 season sitcom any day.

This! And if shows that only lasted one season or only aired in the 2000s for a few episodes can last so can miniseries. 

Plus it was incredibly well made on top of the acting and the storyline. The cast choice was A+

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

There is a difference between a show so terrible it's cut after only 6 episodes and a mini series that was designed to be 6 episodes. 

Lots of shows would benefit from having a concrete plan on where to go. 

Agree with this! 

Anyway, will give an extra writeup to Political Animals since it was one of the shows I requested to be brought in.

2 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

There is a difference between a show so terrible it's cut after only 6 episodes and a mini series that was designed to be 6 episodes. 

Lots of shows would benefit from having a concrete plan on where to go. 

T E A

Show me a show that doesn't have a flop season (or at least a flop storyline) after more than 4 seasons. Having a set story to tell makes for way more tighter and fullfilling TV

• Like 1