Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

I am also guilty of watching the Voice but only fir the same reasons Elliott mentioned pretty much. And good contestants like Maelyn still show up once in a blue moon.

Never watched Glee though expect for the cast songs.

Edited by ~Tom~

340?cb=20150130180219

thehughleys-show.jpg

The Hughleys is a show that I am not too familiar with, so I apologize to its fans in advance. The Hughleys started to air in 1998 on ABC until it was moved to UPN post-2000; I don't think this show had much impact to be a top-tier show of this rankdown. What is this show about? The show follows the Hughleys where the lead man of the family is Darryl Hughley who sells vending machine for living. He lives with his wife, Yvonne, and his teenage children; the show also features their relationship with their friends. It seems like the plot of the series is the Hughleys living in a predominantly white neighborhood where they have to adjust their life in their new neighbordhood without forgetting where they come from - if this is not correct, please let me know. Overall, the show was quite comedic - I wonder if Wally can tell us more about the show since I know he watched. Perhaps the show was ahead of its time? Who knows. And it's not out of this rankdown.

SAVING: THE BACHELORETTE

Edited by *Chris

3 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I can understanding cutting something for it's messiness but yet you save big brother and got hot when we nominated but it pretty much can only cast  sexist, racist, trash?

I would love to cut Big Bother (I only watched part of season 15, gross, and Kaitlyn's infamous challenge fail) yet for some reason CGF only wants to nominate the Canadian version. 

48 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Rules of Engagement

Image result for Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement is a sitcom that ran on CBS for 7 seasons.  the show had hit one of their landmarks by having 100 episodes.  The show starred Patrick Warburton as Jeff Bingham, Megyn Price as Audrey Bingham, Olivir Hudson as Adam Rhodes, Bianca Kajlich as Jennier Morgan, David Space as Russell Dunbar, and Adhir Kalyan as Timir Petel. The show aired from Feb 2007 until Mat 2013.  Thats a pretty good run.  the show was a mid-season replacement for The  New Adventures of Old Christine which is a good show.  Sorry this show had to be collateral damage, but since CBF insists on being awful at rankdowns and nominating good television shows it has to go.  

Save: Arrow

Good

And to be fair re: Glee, just because I liked it when I was 16 or 17 doesn't mean I still feel the same way as someone who's almost 28, and realized a lot of the things that happened in the show weren't a good look and shouldn't have happened. :haha: 

Revenge

220px-Revenge_S4.jpg

tumblr_mgoon1xmns1rmhi5vo1_500.gif

I feel like Revenge has been nominated a bunch of times, unless I’m mistaking it for another show? I feel like i may have even saved it before when I had no opinion of what was left? I don’t remember….. but of most of the nominees, Revenge is one of the shows I don’t really know or have any attachment towards whereas I really like or love some of tees other shows nominated, so this was an easy cut.

Revenge is a soap opera, psychological thriller, mystery and serial drama (wow) American sow that was created by Miike Kelley. Revenge lasted for 4 seasons and 89 episodes on ABC from September 21, 2011 through May 10, 2015. The show stars Madeline Stowe, Emily VanCamp, Gabriel Mann, Henry Czemy, Ashley Madekwe, Nick Wechsler, Josh Bowman and a bunch of other celebs/names that I don’t even know. 

Revenge is about a young woman named Emily Thorne, who rents a beach house at the Hamptons next to a very wealthy family, the Graysons. Emily is her stage name or alter ego or something but she is actually Amanda Clarke, where her father was framed by the Graysons for treason - when she was young. Her father was imprisoned for life due to this and was killed in prison by people involved with framing him for all of this. Amanda was separated from him and lived a lot of her childhood in a juvenile correctional facility - but finds out that her father was killed 6 weeks before her release on her 18th birthday. So Amanda aka Emily seeks out revenge on the people who have messed up her father’s and her life… and seeks revenge on behalf of her father.

Wow the show sounds intense and quite good. Maybe it would be something i would be into or maybe not but the latter part of this storyline intrigued me.

Saving: So You Think You Can Dance

dTtug.gif

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I got no shame in watching the voice. Yeah some aspects of the show annoy / bother me but I always end up liking a contestant or two each season and then follow their career afterwards so that's why I still watch it.

What career?!?! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Also Revenge is one show that got messy, real quick. 

So has this season of Schitt's Creek

Or that's just because they're giving Roland so much airtime and Ted's MIA.

Edited by Elliott

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Most of them release music and a lot of it is good even if it doesn't ever make them super famous. Not like I need to listen to only people that make it big on the radio like Wally does 

If that was the case with Wally, Tempo would've been higher than 103. :/ #stilljudging

Samantha Who?

OaBGAwd.jpg?1

Samantha Who? is a sitcom that premiered on ABC in 2007 and aired for two seasons. I heard of this show, but don't remember much of anything about it, so I'm about to find out.  It stars Christina Applegate as Samantha Newly,  the vice president of real estate firm, who develops retrograde amnesia following a car accident. Ooh, now I get where the title comes from. :giggle: Upon waking up, Samantha strives to change her ways, since she realized that she had come off selfish and unlikable prior to the accident. She wants to make amends and become a better person.  

Among the other cast members, I know Melissa McCarthy, who played her friend, Dena, and Barry Watson, who played her roommate and ex-boyfriend, Todd.  The show was highly rated in its first season, but lost enough viewers in the second year that ABC decided to cancel it.  Fun fact: it was originally called Sam I Am, then changed to Samantha Be Good, and ultimately ended up as Samantha Who? The original name was changed because of conflicts with Dr. Suess. :giggle:Early promos for the show did not state any title, and only used a question mark, which was attributed to the character of Samantha not remembering the show's name. :haha: Clever. I have no opinion on this show, having never seen it, and like a good number of the other noms, so that's why I cut this one.

Saving: Gossip Girl

Image result for gossip girl gif serena love of my life