Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

23 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I understand.

I know. 😢 :hug: Sigh, I did so many mini ones too. Such a shame, but don't want to think about this. Yesss, me tooo.... I can think of at least three shows I wrote papers on in college! It was so fun. But my favorite was when I had to create a webpage and I made it all about Hunter. :wub:  lol thanks.

I love this. :blushingwave: Aww I didn't know you felt that way, but gah yeah it was. Yes, this is what I thought that you watched it soon before that list. I can't remember the year I did.  LOL yes those things. 😢 I understand. 

Just read part 2! Again, great commentary and representation with the dances posted. S8 cast was stacked and I didn't remember it feeling like a two horse race throughout it, but obviously thrilled with the Shawn win. :wub:  I remember now how I did my season ranking the other year and don't remember where I had S9. :/ That was a mixed one for me. "And this was also a very fun and special season for Denise and myself as it featured our childhood crushes of Mya and Aaron Carter on the season. My crush on Mya and her crush on Aaron - just to clear that up." :dead: The last part. But ugh yes, that was amazing for us and our video sharing sessions pre-season. :wub: Post his Jives!! Although second one could not be found last I looked. :/  But yes, my futuristic Paso that was my fave dance ever. ❤️  And the Lambada that changed my life forever. S10 is interesting cause I didn't care for a ton of the cast, yet it was one of my favorites, from the amazing Houghzinger! ALL THE DANCES. :wub: I wish we could have the same favorite winner but you know my top 4 faves are all winners. :blushingwave: WHERE IS THE BEST RUMBA EVER? :broken: S11 is kind of the same as S10 for me.  That last few weeks of Jenougher dances is one of my favorite stretches of dances ever! I remember them breaking the perfect score record too. Love so many dances and LOVE some of those last few from Kyle & Lacey too.  Mostly agree with your thoughts on S12. Not my favorite, but we had the same faves.  Also, I like this new "Ralp Macchio" :giggle:  Agree somewhat on S13 too... that was a weird one for me. Love that top 3 though and where is Rob's gif? Why are you hiding from Wallob? You know I said his run on the show was one of my favorite underdog journeys ever. THAT SAMBA. :dead: He killed us all. Never saw that coming in a million years. Even though I did prefer the other two and you know the J.R. Freestyle and Ricki Tango are epic! " And if Denise calls me out and embarrasses me about it - then……. I don’t know - I will just run and hide. :dead:"  ??? You know the truth! Post a gif! tumblr_mamq7uDChI1rpkg2no10_r1_250.gifv :kissbye:tumblr_lzon9x6S5K1rpkg2no5_r5_250.gifv Interesting regarding S14. I do agree with you although the ending was pretty bad for me with my big favorites missing the finals, but I still liked the top 3. Do not get me started on Roshon's undeserved lack of love! His dances were so great. :/ Not in the mood. I would have at least posted his Foxtrot though. But yesss the slayage of the Vampire Paso! :wub:  I could say more but look how huge I made this already. You know all my thoughts anyway, so this whole post was redundant. :dead: 

:hug:

Ooh awww yeah I know. You did lots of mini lists. :( Ughhh me neither. I was only thinking of my biggest list ever with the contestants list but ugh…. yeah. Ooh which 3 shows did you write papers on? 😮 I did lots of projects/papers/scripts etc on various shows and that’s always so fun to do. Omggg awwww yess I can only imagine how amazing that Hunter project must have been for you. 😮:haha:

Yayy! Mhmmm yess i do. Yep I sure did. I think I watched that season in preparations for my list and then rewatched those dances for my actual write-ups. Aww darn but that’s okay. Aww yah. Glad you do.

Yayyy thank you soooo much the write-ups love here! Oooh ahh S8 was a bit stacked but yeah I guess I remembered it being close between Shawn & Gilles because of the tight 1% vote difference between them. But others were strong too. Omggg yess your seasons rankings! I remember that too but ugh my memory is bad on how you ranked seasons. Totallyyy get this on S9 being mixed for you. I’ll always have love for it…. because of you know why. LMAOOOO hahahahaha glad you found my last part of clearing up our crushes hilarious. I was hoping for al auth there. :lmao: But yesss the pre-seasons videos post we did of Mya and Aaron were fun times haha. Ugh I would have posted Aaron’s Jive but it’s not anywhere on Youtube. :( Upload it and I’ll add it. Omgg awww your Joanna Futuristic Paso comments and the Lambada comments…. awww I love that haha! Yeah true on S10 but yeah Nicole/Derek’s partnership was a highlight and made S10 for me too. omggg awwww at this with the same favorite winner. Aww it’s okay - as I still really love all of your 4 favorite winners too. And all are amongst my…. personal favorites. :yes: Oooh yes i know you were here for Jenougher’s reign of dances towards the end and yes they did have lots of strong dances And mhmm agree on the Kyle/Lace comments too. Yayy agreement with us on S12 and S13. Yeah S13 was odd. LOLOL I am hiding nothing about Rob here. 🙂 LMAOO I am loving all of your comments here but do agree with you on Rob’s underdog run. But at least i did post his Samba and mhmmm those J.R. and Ricki dances were highlights. LMAOOO I KNOW OF NOTHING. Omgg you’re killing me with these gifs here. :dead: Awww yeah I know S14 went worse for you than me - as Katherine was my #1 that season. Ughh yeah so true on Roshon’s lack of love so undeserved. :( I would have posted his Foxtrot too but it’s not on Youtube either. Ugh certain dances not being on YT messed up my posting strategy. :/  Oooh what thoughts do you have on the Maria/Derek Vampire Paso? Pleaseee do share. 😮 

Thank you for all of these thoughts. I already got Part 3 up for you to view. :giggle:

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh awww yeah I know. You did lots of mini lists. :( Ughhh me neither. I was only thinking of my biggest list ever with the contestants list but ugh…. yeah. Ooh which 3 shows did you write papers on? 😮 I did lots of projects/papers/scripts etc on various shows and that’s always so fun to do. Omggg awwww yess I can only imagine how amazing that Hunter project must have been for you. 😮:haha:

Yayyy thank you soooo much the write-ups love here! Oooh ahh S8 was a bit stacked but yeah I guess I remembered it being close between Shawn & Gilles because of the tight 1% vote difference between them. But others were strong too. Omggg yess your seasons rankings! I remember that too but ugh my memory is bad on how you ranked seasons. Totallyyy get this on S9 being mixed for you. I’ll always have love for it…. because of you know why. LMAOOOO hahahahaha glad you found my last part of clearing up our crushes hilarious. I was hoping for al auth there. :lmao: But yesss the pre-seasons videos post we did of Mya and Aaron were fun times haha. Ugh I would have posted Aaron’s Jive but it’s not anywhere on Youtube. :( Upload it and I’ll add it. Omgg awww your Joanna Futuristic Paso comments and the Lambada comments…. awww I love that haha! Yeah true on S10 but yeah Nicole/Derek’s partnership was a highlight and made S10 for me too. omggg awwww at this with the same favorite winner. Aww it’s okay - as I still really love all of your 4 favorite winners too. And all are amongst my…. personal favorites. :yes: Oooh yes i know you were here for Jenougher’s reign of dances towards the end and yes they did have lots of strong dances And mhmm agree on the Kyle/Lace comments too. Yayy agreement with us on S12 and S13. Yeah S13 was odd. LOLOL I am hiding nothing about Rob here. 🙂 LMAOO I am loving all of your comments here but do agree with you on Rob’s underdog run. But at least i did post his Samba and mhmmm those J.R. and Ricki dances were highlights. LMAOOO I KNOW OF NOTHING. Omgg you’re killing me with these gifs here. :dead: Awww yeah I know S14 went worse for you than me - as Katherine was my #1 that season. Ughh yeah so true on Roshon’s lack of love so undeserved. :( I would have posted his Foxtrot too but it’s not on Youtube either. Ugh certain dances not being on YT messed up my posting strategy. :/  Oooh what thoughts do you have on the Maria/Derek Vampire Paso? Pleaseee do share. 😮 

Thank you for all of these thoughts. I already got Part 3 up for you to view. :giggle:

Yeah. :(  Of course I did my huge celebs ranking too soon before the board malfunction. >.< Oooo I remember ones for Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, and Glee. I agree. lollll yessss I was living and fangirling all over that classroom!! :wub: 

Of course. :hug: I always remember that with the end too but don't remember feeling that during the season. Shawn's win was an underdog one to me. Agh darn... the document I found has that season at #13. Me too. LOL I did not even see this particular crush exposure coming, but of course had to mention that Wallnise amazingness for that season. lol yes, although, "I was hoping for al auth there" What are you saying? :dead:  Yes! Ugh it's not? I don't even know if I can... I forgot what all I still have after my hard drive died. :/ Yess... and you know. Same. ❤️ And the RUMBA, Wally. :wub: I know you do love them all. ❤️ Yes to all this! Okay, and I am also hiding nothing. 🙂  Yep. His Tango is memorable too. For sure. DO TOO. Don't make me bring up the weekly gifs and the quiet room. :giggle: Ah yeah. Boo that with Roshon. Foxtrot not there either? Ughhh. Oh LOL that was about all of this and these seasons, not that specific dance. :dead: Although i could certainly say a lot more about that too that you know. :dead: 

:hug: omg! I may wait a bit to comment until this is a little shorter, but I look forward to it. ❤️ Also about to post a write-up too.

Jane the Virgin

h2pfchn.jpg

Jane the Virgin is a romantic dramedy and satirical telenovela that aired on The CW from 2014 to 2019 for 5 seasons and exactly 100 episodes. I love the "romantic dramedy and satirical telenovela" description, because that is so perfect. It's hard to place the show under one specific category, although I'd probably go for drama over comedy, but it is definitely a dramedy.  It is a loose adaptation of Juana la Virgen, a Venezuelan telenovela, which I never knew before. 

I definitely did not intend to break this write-up up into two parts, but I have a couple reasons that it works... along with how I already have way too much content and media here to double it for one post. So this will be Part 1 of 2 and will cover approximately the first 2.5 seasons.  I also have had hardly any time to work on this after I initially started, due to family things, plus having computer issues, so it's better that I can at least get something posted now and not hold the whole thing hostage forever. So, let's get into it. 

Gina Rodriguez stars as Jane (the virgin) Villanueva, a devoted Catholic,  Latina, and aspiring author. As such, every episode of the show is another "chapter."  Every episode also opens with a recap from the hilarious narrator of the show, who makes comments throughout each episode as well. :haha: He is gold and adds a lot of extra humor to the show.

Jane is such a fun, smart, caring, and lovable character who I can't imagine being portrayed by anyone else.

XNtyUfZ.gif tumblr_nfdmapRTMj1u1mp0to1_250.gifv

When the series picks up, Jane is 23 years old, working as a waitress at the Marbella hotel,  studying to be a teacher, and living at home with her mom Xiomara "Xo" Gloriana Villanueva and her grandmother, or abuela as Jane calls her, Alba Gloriana Villanueva.  So we have three generations of Villanueva women under the same roof, and they have such a close and tight knit bond that really holds the show together.  They'll talk about anything, often on the swing in front of their house together. 

tumblr_nettsiN9eW1qg0u4go7_r1_250.gifv tumblr_nettsiN9eW1qg0u4go8_r1_250.gifv

Strict latina mom GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8gWDE5P.gif

Such a dynamic trio and the core of the show. Three strong, single women, with a bond that cannot be broken. Xo is an aspiring singer/dancer, and had Jane when she was a single teenage mom. Alba is my MVP of the show because she's absolutely hilarious. :lmao: I don't know how to explain.  She's Jane's strict Catholic grandmother, who made her swear to "protect her flower", aka save herself for marriage when she was young. 

HwhykNq.gif HEOryUg.gif

tumblr_nettsiN9eW1qg0u4go10_r1_250.gifv tumblr_nettsiN9eW1qg0u4go9_r1_250.gifv

Sorry, but ALBA'S FACE in the second one! :dead: 

Alba almost always speaks in Spanish, so there are sub-titles for her lines.  We get to see flashbacks from many different time frames of these three, including different age Jane's, but also young Xo and a young Alba.  We often see the three of them watching and bonding over telenovelas together too, which is great, since this show so clearly mirrors one.

tumblr_o2zrnnPDdc1v6fa8qo2_500.gifv

tumblr_o2zrnnPDdc1v6fa8qo3_500.gifv

With five seasons, there are tons of plot lines and things that happened, so I'm not sure how much I'll end up covering here. I'm just going to talk about some of the big stuff and whatever else comes to me. 

tumblr_pvlaldC7kS1u7sppoo1_540.gifv

tumblr_pvlaldC7kS1u7sppoo2_540.gifv

So, the story all begins when Jane goes in for her pap smear, and instead of being tested for cervical cancer, she is accidentally artificially inseminated. (!)  People, there are some mistakes you just can't take back. :dead: So yeah, although this would be terrible to actually experience, it makes for a TV show premise that certainly caught my attention.  It all happened because the doctor, Luisa, got her two patients mixed up. Petra, who I'll talk about soon, was there to be artificially inseminated with the defrosted sperm of her husband's that she planned to have planted in herself as a ~surprise to save their failing marriage (totally normal, right?) Even weirder, is that her husband, Rafael, is Luisa's brother. So, Luisa just put her brother's sperm into a stranger and then shows up to her sister-in-law's room with nothing. :dead: The mistakes are realized and chaos begins. 

A couple weeks later Jane the virgin finds out she is pregnant. Truly iconic. 

tumblr_ndgo4qeegk1qb9jcko2_250.gifvtumblr_ndgo4qeegk1qb9jcko3_250.gifv

tumblr_ndgo4qeegk1qb9jcko5_250.gifvtumblr_ndgo4qeegk1qb9jcko1_250.gifv

Jane now has to tell her loving boyfriend, Michael, that she is pregnant with another man's baby in the middle of his proposal to her.  YIKES. The good news is she didn't cheat.

😢 

Jane proposes to Michael later on in the first episode, and this goes over much better, as there is no crazy announcement in the middle. Although it is a tough situation to grasp, Michael is willing to go through it with Jane since he loves her so much.

Jane's proposal speech: 

“I’m not good at this stuff. So instead of telling you the reasons why I love you, I’m gonna tell you the reasons why I don’t. I don’t love you because you’re smart and kind. I don’t love you because you’re hard-working and competitive and way too defensive. I’m not defensive. I don’t love you because you are incredibly sexy. I love you because you’re my best friend. And I want to grow old with you. And right now, I’m confused about every single thing in my life except you.”

:wub: :wub: :wub: 

tumblr_nw8veo5XtH1unugtdo1_250.gifvtumblr_nw8veo5XtH1unugtdo3_250.gifv

Jane also learns the father of the baby, Rafael, is the owner of the Marbella, where she works, and the two of them actually kissed once years ago, but then he never called her back. And so commences the love triangle. Or maybe not yet, but you know it's coming. Rafael is also fighting cancer and believes this baby could be his only chance at having a biological child. 

This season follows Jane's pregnancy journey, while jugging her feelings for Michael and Rafael, despite being newly engaged. Michael is a police officer, and has such a fun-loving, goofy, charming personality that suits Jane. They've been dating for two years as this point.  In this house, we fully stan Michael and Jane. (!) 

tumblr_p4wum7nbs71qii7i0o4_400.gifv 

tumblr_p4pnb6Ry7n1qii7i0o8_r1_400.gifv

Rafael is the suave business owner and cancer survivor with a reputation of a former playboy. He is not how people may perceive him though, and also grows throughout the show to prove to be a nice, dependable guy.

tumblr_nif5lfkXtx1u1mp0to2_250.gifvtumblr_nif5lfkXtx1u1mp0to4_250.gifv

I like Rafael, but I love Michael, and especially love him and Jane together. They are just so great as a couple, and have a loving, fun, committed, and nontoxic relationship. So you know where I stand on that.  (!) 

tumblr_p6o5lrsCzx1qii7i0o2_400.gifv

Speaking of, the man speaking in the above gif is Rogelio, Jane's long lost father who only recently found out about her. This causes some family drama of course, as Xo was not honest with either of them.  Jane gets to know her father, who is a huge telenovela star. I remember him annoying me at first, but then he became pretty hilarious. :haha: 

tumblr_ngr9gqpZmt1t1uzzso1_250.gifv tumblr_ngr9gqpZmt1t1uzzso2_250.gifv

tumblr_ne7wpqW1XU1u1m0ero2_r1_250.gifvtumblr_ne7wpqW1XU1u1m0ero3_r1_250.gifvtumblr_ne7wpqW1XU1u1m0ero4_r1_250.gifv

:dead: 

He KILLS me. But my favorite thing about Rogelio is his bromance with Michael. Sorry not sorry for the spam to follow. :wub: 

tumblr_oti2drVQ8O1qe4wcyo6_r1_250.gifv tumblr_oti2drVQ8O1qe4wcyo5_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_odtc7ekn3s1qfwwpgo4_250.gifv tumblr_odtc7ekn3s1qfwwpgo1_250.gifv

tumblr_o5jbungGQQ1r8tg38o3_500.gifv

tumblr_o5jbungGQQ1r8tg38o2_500.gifv

tumblr_o5jbungGQQ1r8tg38o1_500.gifv

tumblr_o5j5iny2Or1r8tg38o6_250.gifvtumblr_o5j5iny2Or1r8tg38o1_250.gifv

tumblr_o4fd35p1CC1r8tg38o3_250.gifvtumblr_o4fd35p1CC1r8tg38o2_250.gifv

tumblr_o4fd35p1CC1r8tg38o4_250.gifvtumblr_o4fd35p1CC1r8tg38o1_250.gifv

tumblr_o4g2jgApi31qa3emao5_250.gifvtumblr_o4g2jgApi31qa3emao6_250.gifv

tumblr_nzgwdaSB4y1r8tg38o1_250.gifvtumblr_nzgwdaSB4y1r8tg38o3_250.gifv

tumblr_nw60d7v59H1rlpdfuo4_250.gifvtumblr_nw60d7v59H1rlpdfuo3_r1_250.gifv

Other story lines this season include the unwinding of Petra and Rafael's marriage, as they don't seem to really love each other. Petra had an affair, which ultimately leads to their divorce.  Rafael is clearly interested in Jane now anyway... and Petra's interested in his money.

tumblr_ogv115UOat1s5h148o1_r1_250.gifv

Petra is viewed as a wealthy, cold, kind of of woman who always gets her way. She definitely grows throughout the series from that stereotype.

Also this season, we meet Petra's crazy mother, Magda, learn more about her history, there's drama with Rafael's father, Luisa continues to be a total mess, Xo and Rogelio get closer, Alba gets hurt, and there is a criminal investigation regarding Sin Rostro. I won't get into what that is all about because it's too much, but let's just say there can be a lot of fake faces around. There is also a murder that occurs at the Marbella.

Jane ultimately gives birth to her son, Mateo, in the season finale.  Although, a cliffhanger occurs shortly after...

Baby Mateo is stolen from the hospital shortly after he is born. 

I know I said a lot here for just the first season, but I feel like this set up a lot and I'll try to condense the rest of it. Or maybe I won't.  I also didn't mention Jane's best friend, Lina, who I really like, but I have to focus on more of the big things here.

Season 2 opens with the cliffhanger from season 1 being resolved at least, but you can watch to find out who was behind that. (!) What I will say is that Michael saves the day, obviously. Now I'll run down some of the bigger stories of the season.

- The love triangle is in full focus as Jane really wrestles between her feelings for Rafael and Michael.

tumblr_nwjjk8YVk81qfwwpgo3_500.gifv
Sure, JanE

tumblr_nwntdkUacG1unugtdo8_250.gifvtumblr_nwntdkUacG1unugtdo7_250.gifv

tumblr_nwntdkUacG1unugtdo3_250.gifvtumblr_nwntdkUacG1unugtdo2_250.gifv

She even dates other people besides these two during this season, like one of her professors.  However, it all concludes the way it should, with her choosing Michael again.

tumblr_nxlp76fA2i1qbfdwvo1_250.gifvtumblr_nxlp76fA2i1qbfdwvo3_250.gifv

And he re-proposes. :wub:  Ugh, I cannot find video of this for some reason. 

tumblr_o3qv6kty7N1u1m0ero2_250.gifvtumblr_o3qv6kty7N1u1m0ero3_250.gifv

tumblr_o3qv6kty7N1u1m0ero4_250.gifvtumblr_o3qv6kty7N1u1m0ero5_r1_250.gifv

- Jane is currently in grad school, but working as TA to help pay for it, after discovering Rogelio has been secretly paying for it, while she believed she had a scholarship. She is also trying  always working on her writing, and trying to win a short story contest.  Also, her writing a romance about a salsa dancer gave us this flawless dance number that first got me to watch the show for Derek (before I went back and binge watched from the start).

❤️ 

- Petra is now pregnant this season, as she took the last of Rafael's frozen sperm to get herself the baby she believes she deserves.  lol she really goes about everything the wrong way.

tumblr_nwl4o7ZZqt1tzltcqo1_250.gifv thk9Gj6.gif

Rafael is often too caught up with Jane to tend to Petra's pregnancy needs. But Petra is actually having twins and births them with Jane by her side, ironically.

tumblr_o3qo1tvptU1u1m0ero1_250.gifv tumblr_o3qo1tvptU1u1m0ero3_250.gifv tumblr_o3qo1tvptU1u1m0ero7_r1_250.gifv tumblr_o3qo1tvptU1u1m0ero8_r1_250.gifv

And I guess since Tom likes to mention Alex in his write-ups a lot, I could maybe see Alex loving Petra?  What do you think, Wally? :haha: 

tumblr_o3pevjMBDp1u88n1so6_250.gifv

tumblr_o3pf0bWmjF1qg0u4go3_250.gifvtumblr_o3pf0bWmjF1qg0u4go5_250.gifvtumblr_o3pf0bWmjF1qg0u4go4_250.gifvtumblr_o3pf0bWmjF1qg0u4go6_250.gifv

:lmao:  

- This season also has Alba beginning to get her citizenship request, as she is undocumented and always in fear of being discovered and in trouble. :( Michael helps with this too. 

- There is the big crime case with Sin Rostro, which interested me less than the other stories of the show, but I do remember MIchael working undercover (while pretending to be fired) to get closer to the truth of the case. There is a drug-lord named Mutter who...

turns out to be Rafael's mother?

Mutter is a rival of Sin Rostro. And Sin Rostro...

is Rose, Rafael's and Luisa's stepmother, yet ALSO Luisa's girlfriend. And Rose assumes many other identities and faces, as we can see here.

tumblr_o7aw8c8oB61qcv6uto3_r1_250.gifvtumblr_o7aw8c8oB61qcv6uto1_r1_250.gifvtumblr_o7aw8c8oB61qcv6uto4_r1_250.gifv

- Along with being pregnant, Petra also is accused of murder by her own mother, after helping her cover up a crime.  Rafael helps her prove her innocence.  And speaking of family, we meet Petra's twin sister, Anezka, who is sooo different than Petra, but also cracked me up.

K8XcYBu.gif tumblr_o98jqz1tMs1qigluvo6_250.gifv

- Xo and Rogelio had ups and downs in their relationship this season, as they fall back in love but Rogelio wants to have more kids, while Xo does not.

- Michael + Jane wedding HAPPENS. ❤️  

tumblr_o7bqcyWlMm1qa3emao1_250.gifvtumblr_o7bqcyWlMm1qa3emao2_250.gifvtumblr_o7bqcyWlMm1qa3emao3_250.gifv

😢❤️  

tumblr_o7te57YgCQ1vp5taeo3_250.gifvtumblr_o7te57YgCQ1vp5taeo4_250.gifv

tumblr_o7b3fke7wj1qg0u4go1_500.gifv

tumblr_o7blbfKQo51s4a2zoo3_250.gifvtumblr_o7blbfKQo51s4a2zoo5_250.gifvtumblr_o7blbfKQo51s4a2zoo6_250.gifv

The bromance! :wub: 

tumblr_o7fmr34Se61rga8vco2_250.gifvtumblr_o7fmr34Se61rga8vco6_250.gifv

Michael did his vows in Spanish for Jane! 😭😭😭

tumblr_o86i95FyYE1reqk6jo3_250.gifv tumblr_o86i95FyYE1reqk6jo2_250.gifv

There is video from the wedding scene here, which will forever be one of my favorites moments of the show. They even had Bruno Mars sing "Rest of My Life" live while they had their first dance, which was so heart warming and beautiful.

Jane's tears. 😢  

M3m6UFs.png

I think the season 2 finale may be the best one. Not only do we get Michael and Jane's fairytale wedding, but the episode ends with a bunch of twists and cliffhangers. 

- Michael is shot by Sin Rostro/Rose, who was disguised as his police partner, Susanna.

- We find out Anezka poisoned Petra to switch places with her, sleep with Rafael, and sell her shares of the Marbella to get her guilty mother out of jail.

- Xo is pregnant (but not by Rogelio...) 

tumblr_o7bpa6np8Y1qgyagto1_250.gifv tumblr_o7bpa6np8Y1qgyagto2_250.gifv

tumblr_o7bpa6np8Y1qgyagto3_250.gifv  tumblr_o7bpa6np8Y1qgyagto4_250.gifv

I mean the shocks really JUMPED OUT on this episode. The Petra/Anezka plot twist still haunts me. 

- And then, in addition to Bruno Mars, this season also had guest appearances from Kesha and Britney Spears. Only Kesha played a character, while Britney and Bruno were themselves. 

tumblr_nwj5zvBH071u9oqkro4_250.gifv 

tumblr_nxl0oql1VA1swazh0o2_250.gifv tumblr_nxl0oql1VA1swazh0o4_250.gifv

tumblr_odm2yyjz331r76to2o8_250.gifv

Season 3 picks up immediately following the finale, and I don't really know how to refer to things from the spoiler tags without this ALL being hidden, sooo just fair warning if you want to watch this show and are avoiding major spoilers. I will say the biggest things in spoiler tags though.

tumblr_of82g1Zhn61qg0u4go4_250.gifv tumblr_of82g1Zhn61qg0u4go5_250.gifv

tumblr_of8c20Q7kD1qenrvwo2_500.gifv

Michael is recovering from a thing you won't know about if you didn't read the spoiler tags, but... things are all good, except that newlyweds Jane and Michael cannot do their ~honeymoon activities~ for six weeks while Michael is recovering.

tumblr_ofmylfb7bF1vp5taeo1_500.gifv

tumblr_ofmylfb7bF1vp5taeo2_r1_500.gifv

:dead: 

tumblr_ofqr53nsal1u1mp0to4_250.gifv tumblr_ofqr53nsal1u1mp0to6_250.gifv

Jane is truly a legend!

tumblr_ofl6huYGfH1umhaoro1_250.gifvtumblr_ofl6huYGfH1umhaoro2_250.gifv

And is this not the cutest thing ever?! Michael rehabbing with a cane while Jane cheers him on as if he's at the Olympics. ❤️  

- So, while Jane and Michael adjust to married life, Jane continues to work on her romance novel, including taking inspiration from Alba's side of the family, which causes some tension between them, but ultimately turns out for the best when Alba loves the final product and is proud of her granddaughter. 

tumblr_oko0ujhb021qfwwpgo6_250.gifvtumblr_oko0ujhb021qfwwpgo7_250.gifv

- Micheal also decides he wants to pursue a career as a lawyer. He takes his LSAT in episode 3x10, which is very relevant, but I'll get back to this at the end. But it's worth noting that starting in episode 3x04, the "Virgin" part of the on-screen title card would be crossed out, considering it no longer describes Jane at that point, and it would always be written in as something else to correspond with that particular episode, which could be really funny.  You can see a bunch of them here (SPOILERS) https://medium-talent.tumblr.com/jtvtitles :haha:  But I'll post an example too.

tumblr_inline_onk91iSmT01qhgllk_500.png

- Anyway, Rafael has moved on from Jane, or so he says, and they work together to co-parent Mateo, including hitting a lot of bumps in the road, such as disagreements on his preschool and him going to church.

tumblr_ofny1sZpDw1vp5taeo8_250.gifv

They also figure out what they can do when they are told that Mateo is not developing as quickly as most children his age. There is this sweet moment where Rafael learns they do consider him family and not just Mateo's dad.

tumblr_ofm99hhfMV1tfgjnso1_250.gifvtumblr_ofm99hhfMV1tfgjnso3_250.gifvtumblr_ofm99hhfMV1tfgjnso4_250.gifv

- We also get glimpses into a Michael and Rafael friendship, which was definitely hard for them, but much needed. 

tumblr_ogpecaSlh41r8tg38o1_500.gifv

tumblr_ogpecaSlh41r8tg38o2_500.gifv

tumblr_ogph4xXtnH1qil0zdo2_500.gifv

- Xo ends up terminating the baby we learned about in the season 2 finale, which does not please Alba. Alba really had a tough time with her girls this season. :broken:  

She also decides to abandon her dream of becoming a singer for something more practical, but the family is able to convince her what her passion really lies. 

tumblr_ogqt0opWSK1qfwwpgo8_r1_250.gifvtumblr_ogqt0opWSK1qfwwpgo7_r1_250.gifvtumblr_ogqt0opWSK1qfwwpgo9_r1_250.gifv

It has to be done dramatically of course. :giggle:  

- The Luisa and Rose relationship continues to be a struggle and

of course Rose has to disguise herself as someone else again. This storyline really doesn't interest me as much, so sorry, but also I don't have the time or space to go into EVERYTHING. 😛 

- Anezka continues to pretend to be Petra and search for dirt on Rafael, while also finding herself in a new romance after Rafael rejects her (Petra). A number of things add up to this "Petra" looking suspicious and Jane decides she is not who she appears to be. 

tumblr_ogfg6xLBcT1qfwwpgo7_250.gifvtumblr_ogfg6xLBcT1qfwwpgo8_250.gifv

We get real Petra back and she is NOT in the mood. She wants things done her way with the Marbella.

tumblr_ogp611sxVT1qk7bkio2_250.gifvtumblr_ogp611sxVT1qk7bkio3_250.gifv

Also, Petra was apart from her baby girls for so long, that they don't really recognize her and she worries things might never get better. :( So sad.

- After struggling to move on from Xo, Rogelio decides to have a baby with a woman named Darci, who runs the matchmaking company he goes to for help. Oh Rogelio. They both want to have children though and have been unable to find suitable lovers~ for themselves, so they agree to a platonic childbearing relationship. But professionally-wise, he is attempting to cross over to an American television audience.  He tries to get his show picked up by The CW. :giggle: 

tumblr_ofy3wbMsHE1qg0u4go3_250.gifvtumblr_ofy3wbMsHE1qg0u4go2_250.gifvtumblr_ofy3wbMsHE1qg0u4go4_250.gifv

tumblr_ofy38ufRwl1vz5gf6o1_500.gifv

tumblr_ofy38ufRwl1vz5gf6o2_500.gifv

After reviewing the events of the season so far, it does seem pretty lighthearted and fun.  Let it be known that all I've talked about for season 3 so far is the first 10 episodes because things change dramatically. 

At the end of 3x10 when Michael is taking his LSAT, he literally drops dead out of nowhere. 🙂 😭 I'm sorry, what? :argh: This was so shocking and just horrific... the audience was devastated, Jane was obviously a mess, and this was just the worst thing that could ever happen (or so I thought at the time lol This show actually tried to outdo itself later on, so stay tuned). And wow, we literally got only 10 episodes of Jane and Michael actually married. :/  😭 😭 😭

So, if that wasn't enough horror, at the end of this episode, there is a THREE. YEAR. TIME. JUMP. that absolutely nobody asked for. Like we weren't dealing with enough with deciding to suddenly plunge that deep into the future?

The producers: 

tumblr_ofn27wrQfg1vp5taeo2_500.gifv

The viewers:

tumblr_okcyzoEMNL1r8tg38o2_250.gifv

So, this time jump is what is what makes this a good halfway point for me to break up this write-up, as well as the fact that my feelings change a lot in the second half of this series. And if you thought they were done torturing us, just wait until I get to season 5. 🙂 (!) 

If you didn't read the spoiler tags, you'll find out anyway in part 2 that there was a significant time jump, which allows me to easily break up this write-up. The show felt quite different because of that (and other spoiler reasons), which tends to happen when shows move forward a few years. But the first 2.5 seasons of this show I really loved and was kind of obsessed with.  The second 2.5... we'll get to it, but I will always still love the show in general, even though it made some VERY questionable creative choices, and you haven't even began to see what I'm talking about yet. 

And now I shall end this with some more adorable Jane and Michael spam. :wub:  See you in part 2.

tumblr_ofyygyTB2B1veegtno4_250.gifv

tumblr_oh2ck2jnF11r8tg38o1_500.gifv

tumblr_oh2ck2jnF11r8tg38o2_500.gifv

tumblr_okmqryZE4I1umhaoro2_500.gifv

tumblr_ol4wiyVyvg1qacmyzo1_250.gifv

tumblr_p4pnb6Ry7n1qii7i0o2_400.gifv 

tumblr_p703shfzn71qii7i0o6_400.gifv

tumblr_of923olVLy1veegtno1_500.gifv

• Like 2

Excellent write-up, Denise! 

Also loved Jane The Virgin - it was a perfect show, and it deserved better than CW if I am being honest. Also, I love Petra and the actress playing her... And I also stan Michael & Jane ❤️ 

• Like 1

Is anyone watching Little Fires Everywhere? I heard it's great and stays true to the book. Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington are the main actresses :wub: So I'm giving it a try sometime this week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Is anyone watching Little Fires Everywhere? I heard it's great and stays true to the book. Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington are the main actresses :wub: So I'm giving it a try sometime this week.

I’m watching. It’s a mess but like a fun mess lol. I’ve never read the book so I have nothing to compare it to. Witherspoon is amazing. I’ve never been crazy about Washington as an actress but she has some good moments.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I’m watching. It’s a mess but like a fun mess lol. I’ve never read the book so I have nothing to compare it to. Witherspoon is amazing. I’ve never been crazy about Washington as an actress but she has some good moments.

The book apparently is a mess too like with the storylines + being set in the 90s :dead: Ugh I'm excited now!

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Western Animation) - TV Tropes

Avatar: The Last Airbender, also known as Avatar: The Legend of Aang, is an animated series that aired on Nickelodeon for three seasons from 2005 to 2008. It tells the story of Aang, the Avatar, who is 12 years old and the last survivor of his nation, the Air Nomads. It takes place in an Asiatic-like world made up of four nations named after the classic elements. These include the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the aforementioned Air Nomads. Certain people in each nation are known as "benders", where they have the ability to manipulate their nation's elements with martial art skills. The Avatar is the only person who can bend all four elements, and it's his responsibility to maintain harmony between the four nations of the world, as well as act as a mediator between humans and spirits. Aang works with his friends, Sokka, Katara, and Toph, who try to end the Fire Nation's war against other nations of the world. There is also the exiled prince, Zuko, who wishes to restore his lost honor by capturing Aang.

oWul1iM.gif

Avatar combines anime with American cartoons and was acclaimed for its art direction, soundtrack, cultural references, humor, characters, and themes. It also touched on concepts not typically seen in youth entertainment, including genocide, totalitarianism and free choice. It has won numerous awards, including an Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation.  This is a show I vaguely recognize from its title and some of the images, but I never watched it. It did well in this rankdown ranking as the #2 animated series and outlasting all the cartoon shows I did know and love growing up.  😛  

The Avatar franchise includes a comic book series, animated sequel series, and a live-action film. There is also an upcoming live-action series remake set to be available on Netflix, so the fans have that to look forward to.

8 minutes ago, vee_ said:

The book apparently is a mess too like with the storylines + being set in the 90s :dead: Ugh I'm excited now!

Lmao yeah. It’s very 90’s :haha:. And I’ve decided that I hate all the characters and I wish the worst on them so it’s kinda fun watching and rooting against them all :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Excellent write-up, Denise! 

Also loved Jane The Virgin - it was a perfect show, and it deserved better than CW if I am being honest. Also, I love Petra and the actress playing her... And I also stan Michael & Jane ❤️ 

Thank you! :hug: 

I love so many things about it, but also can't stand some of what they did. :broken: 😢 But it's unlike anything else I've seen and definitely a fun watch. The characters are so great. Rogelio would tell you otherwise about The CW. 😛

tumblr_ofy3wbMsHE1qg0u4go4_250.gifv 

I agree about Petra and was super impressed when she started the dual roles of her and Anezka.  And PRAISE to the last sentence!! :wub: :wub: 

Amazing Part 1 Jane the Virgin write-up Denise!  :clap: I love the show and am glad it managed to get Top 50 in this game. I will read it more in depth later on but you did a great in depth write-up of each season so far. And amazing gif choices as always! 😄 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Amazing Part 1 Jane the Virgin write-up Denise!  :clap: I love the show and am glad it managed to get Top 50 in this game. I will read it more in depth later on but you did a great in depth write-up of each season so far. And amazing gif choices as always! 😄 

Thank you, Wally. :hug:❤️ I am too! And oh good, I was literally just fixing some things in it a couple minutes ago, so hopefully you'll see the more finalized version when you read later. I look forward to more of your thoughts. But thank you!! 😄 I got a bit gif happy. :blushingwave:

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

Yeah. :(  Of course I did my huge celebs ranking too soon before the board malfunction. >.< Oooo I remember ones for Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, and Glee. I agree. lollll yessss I was living and fangirling all over that classroom!! :wub: 

Of course. :hug: I always remember that with the end too but don't remember feeling that during the season. Shawn's win was an underdog one to me. Agh darn... the document I found has that season at #13. Me too. LOL I did not even see this particular crush exposure coming, but of course had to mention that Wallnise amazingness for that season. lol yes, although, "I was hoping for al auth there" What are you saying? :dead:  Yes! Ugh it's not? I don't even know if I can... I forgot what all I still have after my hard drive died. :/ Yess... and you know. Same. ❤️ And the RUMBA, Wally. :wub: I know you do love them all. ❤️ Yes to all this! Okay, and I am also hiding nothing. 🙂  Yep. His Tango is memorable too. For sure. DO TOO. Don't make me bring up the weekly gifs and the quiet room. :giggle: Ah yeah. Boo that with Roshon. Foxtrot not there either? Ughhh. Oh LOL that was about all of this and these seasons, not that specific dance. :dead: Although i could certainly say a lot more about that too that you know. :dead: 

:hug: omg! I may wait a bit to comment until this is a little shorter, but I look forward to it. ❤️ Also about to post a write-up too.

Oooh ughh yeah I know you did too. :( Oooh ahhh those are really nice and cool there! 😄 Gosh yeah I did a lot on Glee too. I did an actual script of my own Glee episode and an essay on Glee too. Fun times! :wub: Omggg I wish I was there to see. :lmao:

Ooh awww I seee. And yeah that was really weird to me because Shawn was kinda fresh from the Olympics so I would have thought she would have been the favorite pre-season. Oooh #13 isn’t so bad - but 13 out of how many? :haha: Ooh lmaoo yesss me neither haha. Mhmmm yess that was amazing for us to have. UGH I DON’T even know. I think that was supposed to say “a laugh” there? :lmao: Nope it isn’t on there. :( Ooh ughh nooo your heard drive. :(:broken: Mhmmm yess. What/whose Rumba are you referring to here? Mhmmm yess I do. I think you are making up stories. 🙂 Mhmm yes i did really like his Tango too. :yes: LMAOOO I don’t not know what you speak of here. :dead: Nope his Foxtrot wasn’t on there. :( lmaoo wait what?? I got so lost here. :dead: Feel free to share all of your thoughts.

Ahh okay that’s fine and works with me.

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thank you, Wally. :hug:❤️ I am too! And oh good, I was literally just fixing some things in it a couple minutes ago, so hopefully you'll see the more finalized version when you read later. I look forward to more of your thoughts. But thank you!! 😄 I got a bit gif happy. :blushingwave:

:hug: Mhmmm yess. Oooh awwww okay. I will try to be brief and not too longwinded with my comments and such. I don't want to make things too long :haha: LOL I noticed... and so did my computer. :giggle: LOL I tease - as I am guilty with my write-ups too. :haha: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ll post my thoughts here….

As I said you described everything with the show SO perfectly! :clap: Yess I love your comments on the three generations of Villanueva women. And all of the gifs you chose of them are so cute. :wub: I was stuck on choosing between two of those gifs when I saved jane - in fact i think I may have done them both? Lol your comments on Alba are so hilarious. :giggle:

Great descriptions of all of the storylines and characters. Lol your comments on Rogelio cracks me up. And lol not surprised you love his bromance with Michael. And yea love your descriptions of the storylines but omggg my favorite is “Luisa continues to be a total mess.” :dead: SO perfectly said though haha. And omggg yesss the Sin Rostro investigation has always been wayyy too much and sometimes confusing as heck for me to understand or get. :dead: But you covered the Sin Rostro really well later on in the write-up.

LOL your “Sure JanE” at Jane being in love wit the two guys. :lmao: Ooh I forgot about the bit of Jane dating other people outside of Michael/Rafeal in S2. And lol of course you would mention the Salsa dance segment she did with Derek. :giggle: I remember telling you about that but can’t remember if you saw it before I told you. 

OMGG Petra getting herself pregnant with Rafeal’s babies was my favorite typing ever…. and that gif of her. :dead: LOL you mentioning Alex in this write-up about Petra. But lmaoo now that you brought it up I can certainly see him loving Petra and maybe her mother too. But omggg awww Anezka… I kinda love and had a soft spot for her at times….. although things she did made me change my mind. 

You did a wonderful job with the Jane/Michael wedding part. Loved the Bruno Mars inclusion/performance there too. An yess also loved the Kesha and Britney cameos on the show too. Lol I love “Jane the Hot Mess Mama.” And whoa I totally forgot about the Xo plot twist in S2 finale/early S3. Lol the Rogelio/CW mention was hilarious…. totally forgot about that too. OMGG your gifs with describing that S3 huge story in the spoilers is soo hilarious but fitting. And UGH I agree with pretty much everything you said about that spoiler too.

Good morning! At this point, it's hard to not nominate people's top favourites or shows that at least 1 user like, without having to nominate favourite of yours...  At the end of the day, I came up with these shows for nominations;

Big Little Lies: 

Boy Meets World: 
Friday Night Lights: