Keeping Up with Scotty

buttons66

Chris D re-posted this to WSG ..Have to admit this is DEFINATELY something I did not know about Scotty ......

...........however a few things here dont add up in my mind!!!!! He couldnt have been there that often  with school , baseball,touring with BP ,followed by NCState & touring/shows etc.Obviously was there with the making of his first CDs etc...and wasnt Loretta in NC!!! 

For the first couple of years after he won "American Idol," Scotty McCreery lived at the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport on 555 Donelson Pike. It made a strange sort of sense for the singer, who was just 17 when he was crowned and wouldn't even graduate high school until the following year. After all, it wasn't like he had furniture or any other large possessions that weren't already safely stored at his parents' house.
Staying at the Drury put McCreery just a mile from the airport as he flew into and out of Nashville to his native North Carolina or to whatever tour stop was next on his itinerary. The hotel shuttle dropped him off and picked him up.
He didn't even keep the same room the whole time. When he returned from the road, he says, "I just took whatever they had available. If they weren't very full, sometimes they'd give me a suite."
Best of all, McCreery says, the Drury staff allowed him to leave Loretta, the brown Ford F-150 he received as part of his "Idol" prizes, in the parking lot free of charge when he was out of town. It saved him hundreds of dollars each month in parking fees.

246456496_425959182279718_78204895983050

I think they have a few facts confused.  Like you said, Sandy, Loretta was kept in Garner/Raleigh.  He did lease (or maybe bought) another Ford F150 for a few years that he kept in Nashville...used it to drive back and forth to the Opry, Ryman, recording sessions, etc.  I did think he stayed near the airport from various posts over the years.  Another kind of confusing point...I recall someone tweeting that he used to handle bringing Scotty's truck from the garage to the airport.  

I am deeply honored to be starring alongside David Haydn-Jones in ‘5 More Minutes,’ a movie inspired by Scotty McCreery’s meaningful and touching song he wrote after the loss of his grandfather.

In the depths of own grief over the loss of my dad, God brought me this story, this character. And I was reminded, yet again, that I’m being carried and held. If writing a song could help Scotty feel closer to his grandfather every time he performed it, maybe this movie could help me feel like my dad is never far away too.

What I wouldn’t give for 5 more minutes with my dad. What we all wouldn’t give for 5 more minutes with our beloveds who we’ve lost.

This is a story about enduring love.

5 More Minutes • November 20th •Hallmark’s Movies & Mysteries Channel • 10PM/ ET ☃️ 🎄 ❤️

(edited)_Image_O3.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Just a little bit of a follow up from the info Carol posted above.............

umpgnashville
Verified
“Introducing the 2022 American Songwriter Lyric Contest Judges”
Scotty McCreery is an ACM and CMT Award-winning singer/songwriter who has earned four consecutive No. 1 hits and sold more than three million albums. The Triple Tigers recording artist has won three BMI Awards for writing One of the Top 50 Country Songs of the Year: in 2015 for “See You Tonight,” in 2018 for “Five More Minutes,” and in 2019 for “This is It,” as well as the NSAI Nashville Songwriter Award for One of the Top Ten Songs I Wish I’d Written (“Five More Minutes”) in 2018. A television movie inspired by his song “Five More Minutes” will debut on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel in November 2021. His current album Same Truck features his No. 1 hit “You Time” and his current single “Damn Strait.” For more information on McCreery including his tour schedule, visit www.ScottyMcCreery.com.

Edited by buttons66

YOU just never know where Scotty will show up ...........🤣

I was flicking thru the channels last night and landed on a FOX program GLOBAL MANSIONS ..a program basically about people with lots of money and looking for a million $ + dream homes.However after this, the program continued with 2 feature houses in Raleigh NC so continued to watch ..BUT imagine my surprise when an announcement was made that they would be interviewing icon Scotty McCreery ..

257806146_10221024615460438_338869457640

(pic credit to Stephy)

...was thinking that Scotty had purchased another home based on the subject of the show..🤣  NOT ...they did an interview with him with his 'TOURISM-HAT" on. They talked about his career,AI,travelling etc ...but talked about his love of NC and all it has to offer in the way of beaches,mountains,country,..all great reasons to live in NC rather than Nashville..etc etc Joey is correct in saying Scotty could have another job with NC Tourism ..😍

The interview was conducted sometime ago since he commented he was finishing up his new album.....not sure where the interview was conducted.I dont think it was the 1st house they featured which was a 4.6 Million dollar estate located just outside Raleigh  on 140 acres.

INTERVIEW IS POSTED ON IG NOW ...( Interview was conducted at Angus Barn.)

INTERVIEW FROM GLOBAL MANSIONS last night on FOX BUSINESS Scotty wearing his TOURISM HAT LOL

257513466_319082383387578_22701309458281

Edited by buttons66

Scotty's all about doing some more acting....💯

While you won't see #ScottyMcCreery acting in Saturday's #Hallmark movie inspired by his hit "Five More Minutes," it's definitely something the "Damn Strait" singer wants to pursue. #FiveMoreMinutes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWeQqvZBOE-/

• Like 3

Just in time for the holidays -- the new 2021 Scotty Christmas Ornament is here! 🤩 Spotlighting Scotty's new album SAME TRUCK, the ornament is just $15 and a perfect addition to your Christmas Tree 🎄Orders will ship out in early December.

FEzvDVSXsAQ2X0P?format=jpg&name=small
  • Like 1

HALLMARK.............
  •  

Verified

This crew. This director. This cast. This story. This song. I enter this week of Thanksgiving with so much gratitude for the experience that was “5 More Minutes.”

I’ve worked with this crew for years. They are the hardest working, so very kind and I thank them for all they did to make this movie.

I mean… 138 scenes in 15 days. It’s the toughest schedule we’ve ever been up against. And we couldn’t have done it without some very important humans who I was fortunate enough to be reunited with.

Paul Etherington (1st AD), you are a true gentleman. I have never worked with a 1st AD that’s been up against a schedule like that but stayed so calm, precise, respectful and kind.

Adam Sliwinski (DP), you are a genius, a friend and such a gift to me. This was our 5th movie together and I pray for a hundred more.

Linda-Lisa Hayter (Director), my soul-sister forever. I would not dare say yes to such a vulnerable role without you by my side and at the helm. You are beyond incredible at what you do and it’s an honor to be on any set of yours. I love you so much.

Thank you so much to Samantha DiPippo, Orly Adelson, Penny Perry and Hallmark for all you did to make this movie happen and for choosing me.

Thank you to @scottymccreery for sharing your heartache through a song which inspired this movie.

Thank you to the entire cast, especially the phenomenal David Haydn Jones, who brought their hearts and A-game every single day.

And a very special thank you to everyone who tuned in to watch “5 More Minutes.” Thank you for your kind messages and for sharing all of your stories with me. I hope you found healing, hope, and the knowing that our beloveds that have left this earthly plane are always with us.

May we all be lucky enough to get 5 more minutes! 💫❤️🙏🏼 #FiveMoreMinutes
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWmK0xSIuid/.......pictures/video 
  • Like 3

CMT Cody Alan

Country Stars Share The Hottest Foods They’ve Ever Eaten

lFXApJjO?format=jpg&name=small

We all love to talk about food, and tis the season!

As we prepare to belly up to the Thanksgiving dinner table to give our sincere appreciation, we should also savor some of the moments where we ate the spiciest dishes and were just thankful to have survived.

Cody Alan’s “Burning Question” is a real flame thrower for these celebrities as they reveal the spiciest dishes that they have endured. As it turns out, some like it hot! Here’s what three A-listers had to share:

Scotty McCreery: “My buddy has a dad who got something from Kentucky, like, in like the hills and man, I tried a toothpick of it… It was a HOT sauce. It was called “Code Blue,” they had a “Code Red” and “Emergency Room” too. It was so hot it put me out for a couple of hours.”

Thomas Rhett: “Bolton’s Hot Chicken. You ever had Bolton’s here? I had just one of the pickles that had some of the sauce on it. Me and Lauren, like, couldn’t eat for like two hours.”

Dierks Bentley: “Ghost Peppers. I have some of them at the house right now. Just touching them will make your hands burn. They will burn throughout the entire process of consumption and extraction, there is a burning sensation.”

Edited by buttons66

We now know the truck is already in Texas ...............

D9ocP0Ml_bigger.jpg

Jay

@jasmichelle13
·
2h
I spy with my little eyes  @ScottyMcCreery in Deep Ellum . I may have saw a few of the guys but I totally thought I was dreaming and was in sock . Should of went and said hi , but it’s okay . See you @BillyBobsTexas on Saturday

https://pic.twitter.com/BQ06JQBNdl

FGB1Xj6WQA8W8F4?format=jpg&name=small

11 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

We now know the truck is already in Texas ...............

D9ocP0Ml_bigger.jpg

Jay

@jasmichelle13
·
2h
I spy with my little eyes  @ScottyMcCreery in Deep Ellum . I may have saw a few of the guys but I totally thought I was dreaming and was in sock . Should of went and said hi , but it’s okay . See you @BillyBobsTexas on Saturday

https://pic.twitter.com/BQ06JQBNdl

FGB1Xj6WQA8W8F4?format=jpg&name=small

I guess she doesn't realize the band and crew do not travel on that tractor-trailer...just the drivers.  She might have spotted one of the drivers.